2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

How crazy was this? Times have changed.

That's provocative! I can hear the hew and cry from the me too crowd...

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Go Cougs! Huskies next week at the Apple Bowl.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Next weekend it's off to Ottawa for the eastern final and then hopefully onto the Grey Cup game in Edmonton. DW and I went to the eastern final when it was in Ottawa in 2015 on what had to be the coldest day I ever sat through to watch football. I had a ski suit on and everything and still got chilled to the bone as I swear there is a direct pipeline coming from the North Pole down the Ottawa River!

Well that's a wrap. The trifecta of negative omens played out today -- winning the coin toss, drawing the sketchiest of referees in the league and the opponent scoring first -- lead to a very one sided affair with our side coming up way short 46-27. (FWIW I don't have anything against the referee. He is one of the longest tenured in the league. He suffered a concussion as the result of getting hit during a game that resulted in him missing half the season. He hasn't been quite the same official since.) As my wife said the game was over in the first minute with that much bad juju going against us! It didn't help that our quarterback had the worst game of the season and his opposite number had the game of his career, but those are minor details compared to the power of bad juju... :wacko:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Went to Home Depot earlier in the week after my physiotherapy appointment to pick up a new wicking filter for our humidifier. (With forced air heating it can get pretty darned dry in our house in the winter, so humidifying the bedroom air really helps.) When I walked into the store there was an employee stationed by the entrance as there always is to answer questions and direct the customers. That day there was a younger woman in a wheelchair manning the position. The folks that walked in ahead of me ignored her. I walked up to her and said how are you today before she could even speak. How can I help you she asked? I'm looking for a portable humidifier filter. Hmm, she ponders. That's a really good question. Next thing you know she's on her two way radio attempting to hale a co-worker for direction. I waited patiently while she got her information and observed that she had probably been in that chair her whole life judging by her compact build. She then blurted out; down the end on this aisle, turn right and you will find it in aisle 46. I thanked her for her help. Sure enough, it was right where she said it was and her directions were spot on. As I was heading to the cash I deliberately went back to where she was stationed and gave her the thumb's up as I walked by. She smiled back at me.

Over all the years that I've been going to that store, she was probably the most specifically helpful greeter that I've had dealings with. Just someone that has been dealt a bad hand trying to make the most of it and be useful while filling in her day and having interactions with the general public. Perhaps I've become more sensitive to these things, particularly in the past year with all that has gone on. I've never had much to do with handicapped folks. I didn't know any personally and I had no idea how to interact with them. I'm not proud of that, but that is the truth of the matter. Going forward, I hope to be able to do a better job of that, after all these folks have feelings and hopes and dreams and desires just like the rest of us. They deserve our best efforts. :yes:

We have a couple of guys at my Home Depot that are mentally challenged. That one guy has been there at least 10 years and works his butt off helping people load stuff in their vehicles. I know about 5 years or so ago when I put new floors in our house he helped me load about 10 sheets of 25/32 plywood and was glad to help. yep I tipped him $10. The other guy who is younger is good too. He helped me load some stuff and was concerned about scratching up my truck. I told him that there was nothing possible he could hurt on that truck. He grinned and said he liked old trucks like mine. I tipped him $5 just because he worked hard and LOL by God he liked my truck. The point that I am making here is both of those guys are challenged but polite and will work. Actually I would hire either one of them if I had a business for their work ethic. We have so many people that there ain't a damn thing wrong with them mentally or physically that are too lazy or sorry to work. Everytime that one kid sees me he asks if "Do you still have that old truck?" He saw me come out of the store one day and said " I knew you were here because I saw your truck" Every now and then they come to the yard and scrap stuff like shopping carts and metal shelving. That kid was with them one day and one of the yard guys said he got excited when he saw my truck and said " I know the guy who owns that truck" If it blows up I may give it to him to look at if his folks will let him. But yeah that kid is colorful and has a great personality.

I agree with reward for a job well done, I always make a point of contacting the manager or supervisor when we have good service.

We purchased a new lounge set six months ago and the chair DW uses was hurting her back as there was not enough support. After looking around trying to find something more suitable we went back to where we purchased it and a young lady started to offer advice, she took a chair apart and showed us how to correctly restuff the back support, it worked well on ours at home. A week later we went back to the store with a gift for her and when we found her she was talking to her manager, we explained to him what she did and he had a long talk with us and took photographs of us together. We always say thank you for good service.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

My DW found yesterday since she won the Ohio championship for triathlon this year in her age bracket, she's invited next year to represent Ohio in the National Championship, which is held in August in Cleveland. It's right next to the Rock'n Roll Hall of Fame also https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Triathlon/Events/National-Championships/2019/2019-Age-Group-National-Championships.

Give her a big well done from the Tolmij clan, shows what you can do when you are focussed. You must be so proud of her.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

If everyone was like me, there would be no fast food or even restaurant industry. I almost never go to restaurants of any kind. I can't remember last time I ate a McDonalds hamburger or anything. Just no desire to eat that crap. My idea of fast food is a can of Chunky Soup or Chef Boyardi, equally crap, I guess.

The hotel industry would be kaput, too, if I was the norm. The last time I stayed in a hotel was in 1993, for a SIL's funeral.

I recall back in the late 1970's, I was working in the steel mill, making a bunch of forced overtime wages. When the mills shut down, I had saved $77K. When I told a friend that he should have several thousands saved in the bank, he replied, "I'm not living like you." Always remembered that line.

Can't say I feel deprived because I don't eat in restaurants, and buy all the foolish latest and greatest stuff. The missus and her widowed sister go on vacations and excursions together. I can't help but chuckle, when they tell me the food was terrible, or the accommodations were lousy. As my late mother used to say, "Nobody is twisting your arm to go there."

Their latest is a December overnight trip to a fairly local hotel called Tara, a "Gone with the Wind" type southern mansion nearby in Sharon, PA. I'm just glad Mrs. Wriggles has her sister to accompany her on this stuff.

I always say, "I don't have to pay money to get treated like crap. I get it for free."

I guess throwing money away is what makes the world go around.

To each his own. Whatever floats your boat.

I worked in resturaunts for a while so I know it’s just as easy to prepare and cook good food as it is rubbish, unfortunately rubbish is what most diners seem to want asthey think in is cheaper. Good quality food does not have to cost a fortune.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Next weekend it's off to Ottawa for the eastern final and then hopefully onto the Grey Cup game in Edmonton. DW and I went to the eastern final when it was in Ottawa in 2015 on what had to be the coldest day I ever sat through to watch football. I had a ski suit on and everything and still got chilled to the bone as I swear there is a direct pipeline coming from the North Pole down the Ottawa River!

Well that's a wrap. The trifecta of negative omens played out today -- winning the coin toss, drawing the sketchiest of referees in the league and the opponent scoring first -- lead to a very one sided affair with our side coming up way short 46-27. (FWIW I don't have anything against the referee. He is one of the longest tenured in the league. He suffered a concussion as the result of getting hit during a game that resulted in him missing half the season. He hasn't been quite the same official since.) As my wife said the game was over in the first minute with that much bad juju going against us! It didn't help that our quarterback had the worst game of the season and his opposite number had the game of his career, but those are minor details compared to the power of bad juju... :wacko:

Sometimes the gods of whatever are not on your side, every thing is going to work against you. The only good point is that eventually they will be on your team.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Congrats to Mrs. Sixty!!

SLED Gemini

So.............Cobi got us those watches that count your steps, among a bunch of other things.

I am amazed how the watch affects me. I get out of my truck and walk around to make my

watch happy; to get my step count up. So now I'm getting addicted to looking at my watch to

see my step count.

SLED Gemini

So.............Cobi got us those watches that count your steps, among a bunch of other things.

I am amazed how the watch affects me. I get out of my truck and walk around to make my

watch happy; to get my step count up. So now I'm getting addicted to looking at my watch to

see my step count.

Be careful you don’t get tech watch addiction, walking round with it one inch from your nose, walking into trees, tripping over. :(

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

see my step count.

That's very cool. My DW has one and likes it a lot. I think you will really like it, and as you say it seems to push you or challenge you to be more active. Just don't wear it to bed or you may start sleep walking ha. It keeps a history too right? So now you can begin to compare as you increase activity. She uses it for her practice sessions. For her races they get tracked and official results come out and stuff. But it is super helpful.

see my step count.

That's very cool. My DW has one and likes it a lot. I think you will really like it, and as you say it seems to push you or challenge you to be more active. Just don't wear it to bed or you may start sleep walking ha. It keeps a history too right? So now you can begin to compare as you increase activity. She uses it for her practice sessions. For her races they get tracked and official results come out and stuff. But it is super helpful.

Extreemly useful for the officials, tracks the race better than any Marshalls could, purchased one for DW for Xmas two years ago and she did not like it, she is not a sporty person so it was not used. Good present idea but no thanks :)

Seems to me after Xmas I am going to have to work harder, not done much for a while with a DWs problems and now the sewerage not had much time or inclination to do much.

Good news on the sewerage having a Japanese system fitted, top of the range world wide and $5000 cheaper than other quotes. This person is not taking out the old tanks which cost plenty to dump at the local garbage disposal, he has to build up the soil level so he is leaving the tanks in the ground and smashing them with his digger, when the extra soil is on they will be three feet under, so no problems. Plans into local council this week so we will be ready to go after Xmas. Takes them six hours in total from turn up to leaving, so quick work.

This Tuesday is “D” day, into hospital 7am, overnight stay home Wednesday, all travelling has been at rush hour, home journey not so bad. By Wednesday night we will have travelled 350 miles and spent $120 in hospital parking fees, I think its a rip off charging to park at hospitals, one hospital on Sydney made over $40 million dollars in parking fees last year. The hospital we use has a very spasmodic public transport to its grounds and no train service at all, this is the leading hospital in Queensland for heart problems.

Well Grillers, good night to all, sleep tight.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

If everyone was like me, there would be no fast food or even restaurant industry. I almost never go to restaurants of any kind. I can't remember last time I ate a McDonalds hamburger or anything. Just no desire to eat that crap. My idea of fast food is a can of Chunky Soup or Chef Boyardi, equally crap, I guess.

The hotel industry would be kaput, too, if I was the norm. The last time I stayed in a hotel was in 1993, for a SIL's funeral.

I recall back in the late 1970's, I was working in the steel mill, making a bunch of forced overtime wages. When the mills shut down, I had saved $77K. When I told a friend that he should have several thousands saved in the bank, he replied, "I'm not living like you." Always remembered that line.

Can't say I feel deprived because I don't eat in restaurants, and buy all the foolish latest and greatest stuff. The missus and her widowed sister go on vacations and excursions together. I can't help but chuckle, when they tell me the food was terrible, or the accommodations were lousy. As my late mother used to say, "Nobody is twisting your arm to go there."

Their latest is a December overnight trip to a fairly local hotel called Tara, a "Gone with the Wind" type southern mansion nearby in Sharon, PA. I'm just glad Mrs. Wriggles has her sister to accompany her on this stuff.

I always say, "I don't have to pay money to get treated like crap. I get it for free."

I worked in resturaunts for a while so I know it’s just as easy to prepare and cook good food as it is rubbish, unfortunately rubbish is what most diners seem to want asthey think in is cheaper. Good quality food does not have to cost a fortune.

I agree. I was a cook in the US Army. You'd be surprised how many compliments we cooks got, and an equal or more number of, "I don't know how you can serve this slop."

My take on all fast food is that is what the majority of people want.

LOL I am a connoisseur of Chef Boyardee myself and like some types of Campbell's canned soup. I really like the Progresso brand of Italian wedding soup. But you are more than likely correct about it being crap. In fact one of my friends at church is what I call a "Real Italian" as in born and raised in Italy. They have been over here over 40 years now. His wife makes all her own pasta from scratch and she will not be subtle about it either when you mention Chef Boyardee or Progresso or any of that stuff. She will do the gesture like the old Italians in the movies and say "that stuff is s**t!" And BTW both of them speak perfect English too. Wish I had met you years ago when I had plenty of money I threw around. But I was born broke and was broke for a while. I learned to spend money from my old man who was a gambler> When he won it he spent it fast. When he was broke he was frugal. I ended up the same way but I have had fun. Now we live modest but comfortable Personally my biggest expenditure is playing golf for either greens fees or memberships. You know I play older clubs I find on a scrap pile or that someone gives me. Still drive the old Dodge Dakota pick up that I have drove the last 10 years. I keep patching it together and it refuses to die. I guess by me working in a scrap yard and it being parked there 5 days a week it knows when it dies what it's fate will be so it holds on. Never know with that thing it has technically "died" 2 or 3 times the last few years but somehow I bring it back. I never know it may fly all to hell when I crank it up to go to church this morning. I can not say a word. It has been a good one. Now I am going to spend some money either this afternoon or Monday. Our Love seat has died or rather collapsed. Last night it gave up and my big butt fell through it and I ain't joking either. Was funny our dog had the WTF? look. My wife has suggested getting 2 recliners and me getting a nice one. She told me we have the money and this was not the time to be a cheap SOB. So off I go recliner shopping after Church. If I find one I like I can load it on my truck myself and get it home and the love seat does have metal in it so to the yard it can go in the morning. The wife is also going to get her a recliner she likes. Do not care if the colors match the decor we want comfort and function over looks any day. This will be the first new furniture besides the bed and TV we have bought in over 20 years

Love the Progresso wedding soup, too. Real Italian food at its finest.

I may have related this story. At my course, some years ago, a very mannish lady used to bring her Dad to ride in the cart. A bunch of us guys were chatting, and I mentioned that I liked the Chef, canned soup and other delicacies. She laughed, and told me, "That's what you eat when you don't have any money." I agreed, but I still liked that stuff.

Haven't seen the lady in a decade or so.

I kinda miss my Monaco, but I know it's happy and snuggled in my neighbor's garage.

see my step count.

Sounds like you got a pair of Fitbits. I have had the Charge HR for a couple of years now. Download the app onto your phone and you can track all sorts of data, even your sleep patterns if you where it 24/7. (I don't.) I used to input my food for a while during the first year to get a handle on how many calories I was consuming, but haven't bothered with that for a while. It's a fairly good and low cost way of managing intake if you're dieting. Once you're in a routine in terms of what you eat then managing intake more or less looks after itself. The same applies to water intake and you will likely find that you aren't drinking enough water (and too much of everything else! :P)

Since I've had the thing I've dropped almost 30 pounds and I now "exercise" daily. (If you count walking as exercise.) So, it can be a bit of a motivator when used as intended. The rechargeable models are good for about 3 days between charges. When I left my carry-on back at the hotel in Victoria this summer, I think it was 4 days before I got my cable back and it didn't die even though I had been getting messages saying it was low for a day or two. All-in-all a pretty good piece of tech!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I don't know whether anyone else noticed, but there was a Fella sighting over on the Classic Golf and Golfers section sometime last week. I wasn't online at the time he passed by, but I noticed that he commented on a topic. Didn't bother to mention it sooner as I figured he would stop by and say hello, but no such luck as of yet.

If he happens to be lurking and reads this, stop by and set a spell. We'd love to see you! :wave:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

https://www.pgatour.com/the-upshot/2018/11/18/charles-howell-holds-on-wins-the-rsm-classic-in-playoff.html

A nice piece on Charlie Three Sticks victory this weekend at Sea Island. I found it hard to believe that he's 39, but I guess that's about right because it seems like he has been on Tour for ever. One of the truly good guys out there IMO and well deserved.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

see my step count.

Sounds like you got a pair of Fitbits. I have had the Charge HR for a couple of years now. Download the app onto your phone and you can track all sorts of data, even your sleep patterns if you where it 24/7. (I don't.) I used to input my food for a while during the first year to get a handle on how many calories I was consuming, but haven't bothered with that for a while. It's a fairly good and low cost way of managing intake if you're dieting. Once you're in a routine in terms of what you eat then managing intake more or less looks after itself. The same applies to water intake and you will likely find that you aren't drinking enough water (and too much of everything else! :P)

Since I've had the thing I've dropped almost 30 pounds and I now "exercise" daily. (If you count walking as exercise.) So, it can be a bit of a motivator when used as intended. The rechargeable models are good for about 3 days between charges. When I left my carry-on back at the hotel in Victoria this summer, I think it was 4 days before I got my cable back and it didn't die even though I had been getting messages saying it was low for a day or two. All-in-all a pretty good piece of tech!

Ya, it does many things when paired up with an iphone. Like you, I don't wear it to bed.

I did for awhile and it kept telling me I was getting poor sleep because I don't get enough

deep sleep. I should probably do the sleep study. I blew it off before but I know I'm not

sleeping as well as I should, even after my sinus surgery. I'll probably ask my doc to order

up the sleep study again and do it this time, lol.

The steps feature is the main thing I like. It motivates me to get out of the truck and walk

and at home it motivates me as well. Mine lasts 3-4 days between charges.

SLED Gemini

I don't know whether anyone else noticed, but there was a Fella sighting over on the Classic Golf and Golfers section sometime last week. I wasn't online at the time he passed by, but I noticed that he commented on a topic. Didn't bother to mention it sooner as I figured he would stop by and say hello, but no such luck as of yet.

If he happens to be lurking and reads this, stop by and set a spell. We'd love to see you! :wave:

I don't get over to the classics section. Despite what some say it's pretty much about

playing old clubs over there and I'm just not an old school golfer.

I hope Fella is doing OK. Seems we're down to just a few regulars in the Grille of late.

SLED Gemini

I don't get over to the classics section. Despite what some say it's pretty much about

I hope Fella is doing OK. Seems we're down to just a few regulars in the Grille of late.

Dang, if they got on the MTA in Boston, they may never return... ;)

I guess the next thing you are going to tell us is that she was one of your dental assistants :rockon: :partytime2:

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

I guess the next thing you are going to tell us is that she was one of your dental assistants :rockon: :partytime2:

Well played sir! I think we all missed it! :fool:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

see my step count.

Ya, it does many things when paired up with an iphone. Like you, I don't wear it to bed.

I did for awhile and it kept telling me I was getting poor sleep because I don't get enough

deep sleep. I should probably do the sleep study. I blew it off before but I know I'm not

sleeping as well as I should, even after my sinus surgery. I'll probably ask my doc to order

up the sleep study again and do it this time, lol.

The steps feature is the main thing I like. It motivates me to get out of the truck and walk

and at home it motivates me as well. Mine lasts 3-4 days between charges.

I have been on a CPAT machine for 10 years now. Every year when I do my DOT physical I have to have the chip pulled and a readout done and my Doc gets a copy to go with my stuff. Believe it or not it is legal to use one while sleeping on the road but a lot of companies now will not hire you if it is noted on your DOT physical. Supposedly they have 12 volt ones too. If I went back on the road I would use an inverter. But I am not planning to go back over the road. In all seriousness you do need to do the sleep study and take what ever action that is necessary. For you coming off the road and retiring will help some but I would still have the study done to make sure

Well played sir! I think we all missed it! :fool:

Ha HA I got one over on Scotee finally :taunt:

Natural ebb and flow of a thread me thinks, it will pickup again when they all realise what they are missing.

* intelligent chat

* uncompromising friendship

* humour like that never encountered before or ever again

* Swing advice from the best swing coach.

* Stus lessons on life, the most down to earth person you will ever meet.

* Chat across international boundaries.

* the most accepting group of posters on the Internet

* many more benefits too numerous to list.

Have faith

The benefits will be noticed and many more will also join as we have not been going for 707 pages for no reason.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Natural ebb and flow of a thread me thinks, it will pickup again when they all realise what they are missing.

* intelligent chat

Have faith

The benefits will be noticed and many more will also join as we have not been going for 707 pages for no reason.

Very good stuff tol, you are very observant. We must have Stu's down to earth point of view. It takes all of us to make this place click, that's the best thing about it. It's not like back in the school days when someone felt left out because they felt unpopular or not an important contributor. Sometimes I'm happy to feel like a shy nerd and that's just fine, ha

By the way, I hope your DW is doing fine...

* intelligent chat

Have faith

Very good stuff tol, you are very observant. We must have Stu's down to earth point of view. It takes all of us to make this place click, that's the best thing about it. It's not like back in the school days when someone felt left out because they felt unpopular or not an important contributor. Sometimes I'm happy to feel like a shy nerd and that's just fine, ha

Now is the hour, she should be in or finished by now, then it’s six hours on her back unable to sit up because of the hole in the artery.

Waiting for the call when they decide if it’s home today or an overnight stay. The one thing that surprised me was the questioning during the pre op interview yesterday, how often do you fall over etc. thy presumed because of her age she was almost incapable of looking after herself, much like your wife she is a fighter and does everything she can to stay fit and healthy. They do take some effort to keep up with.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

* intelligent chat

Have faith

Now is the hour, she should be in or finished by now, then it’s six hours on her back unable to sit up because of the hole in the artery.

Waiting for the call when they decide if it’s home today or an overnight stay. The one thing that surprised me was the questioning during the pre op interview yesterday, how often do you fall over etc. thy presumed because of her age she was almost incapable of looking after herself, much like your wife she is a fighter and does everything she can to stay fit and healthy. They do take some effort to keep up with.

I so hope it went well for her Tol. When I had mine done they went through the venous side in my groin for the ablation. I talked them into doing an angiogram at the same time which goes into the arterial side so I had ice and pressure packs on both sides.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)