2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

SNOW!!!

That's right, we're having our first snow event of the season this afternoon and overnight -- 5-10 cm (2-4" for my American friends). I think I actually played my final round of golf on this date last year, so we're getting the white stuff early this go 'round!

Not really ready for it, but not totally unprepared either, but this will put a damper on getting the lawn cut for a final time. I was talking to my lawn maintenance guy on Tuesday and he figured he'd get here Friday or first thing next week. That final pass may not happen without a thaw as it's supposed to stay cold for the next week with more snow coming. :help:

My cousin and his partner certainly have lucked out as they are off to Cuba this morning, so they're timing has been impeccable! The long range is calling for more seasonal temperatures by the end of the month so they should come home to something a bit more akin to normal November weather, if there is such a thing. We are heading out west December 1 to see the kids for a week. Hopefully we will be greeted with comfortable weather when we get there much like we had last year rather than the raw nonsense we are facing now.

There's a big district mixed bonspiel on this week, starting today. I'm planning on going out and watching a bit of the play as I know several people who are playing in it. One of my bridge partners is playing so I'm going to see her game today while DW is sleeping as she is working nights this week. Tomorrow will be up in the air due to the weather, but I hope to get out again on Saturday to catch another game.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Now leave these ants alone, did you know some ants live to 28 years old. Just imagine all the ant knowledge you are smashing if the mouth to mandible goes wrong. As for camels, enough said, their toes are preciouse.

I was ant-isipating more of a mouth to toe resuscitation, I guess you'd have to walk a mile for a camel? Wonder why that was their catch phrase? First of all who would walk a mile for a real camel, and second, who would walk a mile for a camel cigarette, you'd be wheezing so much by that time it would kill you anyway...

Any other commercial catch phrases anyone remembers from days gone by that sticks in your head? Let's see how successful they were at marketing if you still remember it...

Now leave these ants alone, did you know some ants live to 28 years old. Just imagine all the ant knowledge you are smashing if the mouth to mandible goes wrong. As for camels, enough said, their toes are preciouse.

I was ant-isipating more of a mouth to toe resuscitation, I guess you'd have to walk a mile for a camel? Wonder why that was their catch phrase? First of all who would walk a mile for a real camel, and second, who would walk a mile for a camel cigarette, you'd be wheezing so much by that time it would kill you anyway...

Any other commercial catch phrases anyone remembers from days gone by that sticks in your head? Let's see how successful they were at marketing if you still remember it...

One thing I have never ever done is take notice of the ads, if I want somethingI always do my own research, it’s not that I think the ads are biased ;) I just like to know everything that is available.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Pepsodent toothpaste.

Good to hear I was not the only one bombarded with mindless ads :)

This one was posted from the hospital waiting area via free WIFI, second day of testing, yesterday was a full 8 hours with recovery.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Back when I was a kid that Camel commercial ran on TV (remember when that was legal and socially acceptable?) This old guy that came to the course used to say "I'd walk a mile for a Camel so I could ride a mile back" There was a commercial on the other night advertising some kind of anti smoking gum. The woman in the commercial said " I knew I had a problem when I walked a mile in the snow for a cigarette" I cracked up when I heard that and told the wife a new socially acceptable twist on an old commercial. I think things are too one sided they can not advertise cigarettes on TV any more but they can advertise nicotine gum

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Back when I was a kid that Camel commercial ran on TV (remember when that was legal and socially acceptable?) This old guy that came to the course used to say "I'd walk a mile for a Camel so I could ride a mile back" There was a commercial on the other night advertising some kind of anti smoking gum. The woman in the commercial said " I knew I had a problem when I walked a mile in the snow for a cigarette" I cracked up when I heard that and told the wife a new socially acceptable twist on an old commercial. I think things are too one sided they can not advertise cigarettes on TV any more but they can advertise nicotine gum

Yes the world has gone mad, political correctness, everything you say is a hate crime, people dismissed because one idiot complains. The live and let live brigade have been totally silenced for a while, it will turn round eventually when the authorities finally come to their senses.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I remember Lucky Strike means fine tobacco. Bryl Creme, A little Dab'l do ya or Does she or doesn't she, only her hairdresser knows... we always used does she or doesn't she like in junior high anyways, dumb misogynists, just wasn't anyone around to label us, hahaha... this was like the early 60's, what did we know?

I remember Lucky Strike means fine tobacco. Bryl Creme, A little Dab'l do ya or Does she or doesn't she, only her hairdresser knows... we always used does she or doesn't she like in junior high anyways, dumb misogynists, just wasn't anyone around to label us, hahaha... this was like the early 60's, what did we know?

Back then everything was innocent.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

These ladies should have ordered a Keurig from Amazon..hahaha Besides, if they knew Mrs. Olson that well, wouldn't they already know what kind of coffee she made? duh Plus, what about the duffusses they were married to, today their wives would just tell them to shove it, hahaha

How did they get away with those ads, there would be riots on the street.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Tab cola, the worst tasting cola. I bought it as a kid, because for a dime, you got a big 16 oz bottle. Coca Cola came in a 6 oz bottle for the same dime.

Does anyone remember some kind of mocha ice cream sold for a dime, hard packed in a cardboard cone carton? It was terrible, but for a dime, it might have been a half pint. I recall mixing it with the Tab or Diet Rite (also a big 10 cent bottle) soda, for a horrible float.

The local market sold some big bottle, maybe a quart, of some stuff called Caddillac soda. I think it was spelled with the extra "D" as I did. It had the Cadillac chevron on the bottle. The pop was colored water, no flavor whatsoever. It was also a dime, but a 4 cent deposit on the bottle.

My mother never made brewed coffee. She gave my Dad Maxwell House instant. I bought him a Mr. Coffee in the early 1990's. If my Dad would have complained like the husbands in the commercials, Mom would have dumped the coffee over his head. She would not drink the brewed coffee, always stating about the instant, "This is what WE like." Dad would only brew coffee when he was alone or I was around.

I recall as a young boy, Mom and Dad argued constantly. When I was nine or ten, I guess he just gave up. He always told me, "I don't know why you try to reason with her. You can't win."

Mom was a real character. I guess, when you're eight years old, scrubbing floors, and doing housework for a few cents during the Great Depression, you grow up hard and no nonsense.

Snow on the ground this morning.

Keep warm, guys.

^^^^ Great analogy, Sixty! :)

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I only have 2 work days next week then off for a 5 day weekend. I'm practicing up slowly to be retired like you guys who are already there. It's kind of like a range session, Some wedge shots, some iron shots, some woods... etc, then when I get on the 1st tee of retirement I'm ready ;)

Like it, already in the groove.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I think we may have gotten close to 6" in total for snow. Difficult to know for sure because it was already beginning to melt when I got up this morning. It won't stick around for long as the temperature is above freezing and the wind blowing. We didn't even bother to shovel/scrap this morning as over half is already gone and it will melt quicker if it isn't piled. Still hoping to get the lawn cut one last time; maybe the end of next week as it's supposed to get up into the high 40's. That of course will depend upon whether or not my lawn guy is willing and hasn't garaged his equipment yet.

Went to cheer on a couple of my local curling club teams in the District Mixed Championship yesterday afternoon. It's a triple elimination format with both teams losing their first game. Might see if I can catch a game tomorrow involving one of our other club teams. By then should have an idea who might have a crack at winning one of the events or not...

DW is working nights through this weekend so we're lying low. We'll watch the CFL Eastern and Western finals on TV on Sunday hoping that our beloved Ti-Cats can advance to the Grey Cup game a week hence.

Not much else to report other than the Instagram post yesterday afternoon from the golf course super/owner announcing that they were closed for the season showing the snow accumulate across the property taken from the turf barn. They had a few rounds played on Monday, but that was it for the week despite reopening after last weekend's snow.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I'm down in southern AZ on my way to SoCal. As my time out here winds down I was reflecting

while I was driving about the golf I have played on the road over the years.

I played quite a bit in southern AZ; Casa Grande, Yuma, etc. and have been paired up with quite

a few western Canadians that winter in this area.

No matter whether it's on a golf course or on GolfWRX, the Canadians I have encountered always

seem to be a happy cheerful lot.....maybe it's the toddies they always seem to have with them....or

perhaps the vacation mindset.....or both.

Well, back to the grind for moi.....gotta few more miles to cover today.

Enjoy your rangetirement next week Sixty. Let us know how it goes......you know......lessons learned,

best practices, etc. This can be complicated stuff. :D

I'm down in southern AZ on my way to SoCal. As my time out here winds down I was reflecting

I played quite a bit in southern AZ; Casa Grande, Yuma, etc. and have been paired up with quite

No matter whether it's on a golf course or on GolfWRX, the Canadians I have encountered always

seem to be a happy cheerful lot.....maybe it's the toddies they always seem to have with them....or

Enjoy your rangetirement next week Sixty. Let us know how it goes......you know......lessons learned,

Thanks Rad, so far it's just practice. I'm reading all the latest free golf retirement publications I can get, they come in my mailbox every day of course, Golf Digest Medigold, Golf Life United Health Retirement, Golf Your Socks Off Retire WithUs Advantage Plus, Grip It and R.I.P. it for Seniors AARP Retire My Way or the Highway... etc etc... there should be a chute that goes from my mailbox to my dumpster....hey, good idea.

So anyway, I'm so new at this retirement thing, instead of the putt, chip, drive, contest, I'm in the click, fill, apply, stage. There's a form for everything, which leads to another form, which leads to calls and return calls and representatives who reach out and give you information to help you be better misinformed so you can fill out another form about being better informed. It's the misinformation form # MIFF123 IDKNOWMAFAHITG Form ... it helps a lot

Thanks Rad, so far it's just practice. I'm reading all the latest free golf retirement publications I can get, they come in my mailbox every day of course, Golf Digest Medigold, Golf Life United Health Retirement, Golf Your Socks Off Retire WithUs Advantage Plus, Grip It and R.I.P. it for Seniors AARP Retire My Way or the Highway... etc etc... there should be a chute that goes from my mailbox to my dumpster....hey, good idea.

So anyway, I'm so new at this retirement thing, instead of the putt, chip, drive, contest, I'm in the click, fill, apply, stage. There's a form for everything, which leads to another form, which leads to calls and return calls and representatives who reach out and give you information to help you be better misinformed so you can fill out another form about being better informed. It's the misinformation form # MIFF123 IDKNOWMAFAHITG Form ... it helps a lot

Get used to it, when you go from working to retirement some officials think you left your brain behind and constantly require their unusefull services.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I think we may have gotten close to 6" in total for snow. Difficult to know for sure because it was already beginning to melt when I got up this morning. It won't stick around for long as the temperature is above freezing and the wind blowing. We didn't even bother to shovel/scrap this morning as over half is already gone and it will melt quicker if it isn't piled. Still hoping to get the lawn cut one last time; maybe the end of next week as it's supposed to get up into the high 40's. That of course will depend upon whether or not my lawn guy is willing and hasn't garaged his equipment yet.

Went to cheer on a couple of my local curling club teams in the District Mixed Championship yesterday afternoon. It's a triple elimination format with both teams losing their first game. Might see if I can catch a game tomorrow involving one of our other club teams. By then should have an idea who might have a crack at winning one of the events or not...

DW is working nights through this weekend so we're lying low. We'll watch the CFL Eastern and Western finals on TV on Sunday hoping that our beloved Ti-Cats can advance to the Grey Cup game a week hence.

Not much else to report other than the Instagram post yesterday afternoon from the golf course super/owner announcing that they were closed for the season showing the snow accumulate across the property taken from the turf barn. They had a few rounds played on Monday, but that was it for the week despite reopening after last weekend's snow.

I worked night shift for quite a while, permanent in a machine shop, DW was days and I was also shoeing horses during the day and weekends then I would sleep from early afternoon and go to work around 10,30 pm. The result was seeing each other literally for 1hr each morning and then evening on Saturday and Sunday. It dug us out and of a very large financial hole but was extreemly hard. Hearing of married couples working differing shifts always me of our experiance and it always makes me feel sorry for the loss of time you have together. We really are not here for all that long and these arrangements can be difficult unless you have a strong relationship.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Ya, new ailments you never heard of start popping up.........forms elbow, fine print eye, block caller finger,

mail wrist and misinfogony to name a few. I have to perform textectomies and callectomies on my phone

periodically to get rid of the clutter but when I do my block caller finger flares up. Might be time to call one

of those billboard injury lawyers.

Hey Conrad, when were you injured by a billboard? :)

Oh, billboards are dangerous for some people. I can handle them but for some they're like

texting while driving. They look up that billboard while they're driving trying to read all the

lawyers' names and phone #s and then they are distracted and crash.....but they remember!

.....the lawyers names and phone #s....and so they call them to sue somebody for causing

them to have an accident.

These ladies should have ordered a Keurig from Amazon..hahaha Besides, if they knew Mrs. Olson that well, wouldn't they already know what kind of coffee she made? duh Plus, what about the duffusses they were married to, today their wives would just tell them to shove it, hahaha

[media=]

[/media]

How did they get away with those ads, there would be riots on the street.

My golf balls are Mountain grown.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Wonder Bread builds strong bodies 12 ways......................referring to the 12 vitamins and minerals they added

back in after they had processed 25 vitamins and minerals out to begin with. They got away with that BS for

many years before they were forced to stop those ads.

[media=]

[/media]

Good ol' wonder bread, you could ball a slice up and stick it in a thimble. Real sturdy air, I mean bread.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)