2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

My laptop died yesterday. Died to the point of goodbye laptop. The laptop I used in the living room for this. Equivalent to leaving your best set of clubs at the course only to find they were run over by a car when you went back, so now you have to use a PC set in the basement that is not conveniently located at the Grille but out in the shed near the Grille and talk to everyone as they go in to the Grille. (that didn't make sense but neither does my laptop biting the dust) I may have done something wrong because of this new pill change but I don't think so, it has been acting funny lately, getting hung up a lot, and it was about 6 years old, dang it... Could have usually used the one at work occasionally but I start training my replacement today, that should be a circus hahaha

I remember buying my wife a laptop about 10 years ago or so. It had Windows Vista OS so that will place the age of it close enough. I had to replace the rechargeable battery twice before it finally gave up the ghost for good. It's still sitting on the shelf where she left it. I'm not sure why we haven't taken it to recycle.

She bought herself an iPad a few years ago after a friend of hers got one. I don't know how old it is, but I do know that she can't get updates for it anymore supposedly. That darned thing sure is handy, especially when we travel. A new one of those is most likely in the works at some point.

I use a desktop system. I think it's our third such system. Not bad for 22 years. I know that this one has been going for longer than either of the other two were with a whole lot less trouble too. I haven't used a subscription anti-virus program for many years now after a techie friend told me to switch to what was then MS Security Essentials. I swear that those subscription services like Norton, etc. were magnets for viruses. Our tech person told me once that it was the kids downloading music that was the culprit, so maybe our lack of trouble is just coincidental as that hasn't happened in a long time.

I think I mentioned earlier that we're now on the replacement schedule with this computer I'm using as I've already bought a new router and printer this fall. I always figured that I'd go with a laptop for the next one to gain the portability, but that maybe less important than the better ergonomics of a tower with separate screen and keyboard that I currently use. Guess I'll just keep going with what I've got until this one dies although that maybe false economy as getting the files off of this hard drive would be the problem.

We are a very tech family as my son works as a programmer for a hospital group that only work with IVF. Between us we have 10 iPads 4 lap tops one desk top and three tablets consigned only for art work, these are permanently in the studio and hold all out past and present paintings. DW has hers all designated for specific jobs, for instance one mini only has shopping, and other household bills etc. the iPads and tablets are extreemly easy to work with, we always have them locked with a six number security code and some on them have finger print security. The other item we find very useful is the google home, it operates some of our electrical items, gives cooking advice, weather details and is better than any phone book, just ask for a business number and it gives it within seconds. There are many other function we sometimes use such as the recipes with instructions for prep and cooking.

How times have changed, love technology.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

No accounting for fashion taste; they just wear what is laid out for them. Oh the joys of being a walking billboard! Somehow seeing John Daly dressed in his Loudmouth and almost Nascar level logoed shirts seems almost cute in comparison to what some of these guys are being required asked to wear. :rolleyes:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

lol remember all the folks screaming and thrashing about no shorts/jeans/jogging outfits on the course...dress like a pro.!!!!!

LMAO what they gonna say now?.. this from the Shriners Tournament

The local hackers golf course would possibly ban that outfit, seen road workers dress better digging ditches :)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

i just find it amusing that some of the posers on here scream that if you dont dress nice...no jeans..no sandals,no shorts,no running suits....all that

garbage...and they say we should dress like the pros do....well...heres what this pro wore during the tournament...on Sunday...lol those are jogging

pants....a little better than the ones Ricky wore...but still jogging pants....lol

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

i just find it amusing that some of the posers on here scream that if you dont dress nice...no jeans..no sandals,no shorts,no running suits....all that

garbage...and they say we should dress like the pros do....well...heres what this pro wore during the tournament...on Sunday...lol those are jogging

pants....a little better than the ones Ricky wore...but still jogging pants....lol

OGA rules, just enjoy the golf. Too many seem to think we are still in the 1800s.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Ok, miss the laptop, looking online for a new one, maybe should wait a bit. I've never been one to rush into buying something without research. I'm glad you made it over the hump tol, won't be too much longer till you reach that 20,000 mark.

I see some flurries in our forecast for next week, and so it begins, winter starts to creep in as it shows the trailers before the movie of winter comes out in a theater near you :)

Ok, miss the laptop, looking online for a new one, maybe should wait a bit. I've never been one to rush into buying something without research. I'm glad you made it over the hump tol, won't be too much longer till you reach that 20,000 mark.

I see some flurries in our forecast for next week, and so it begins, winter starts to creep in as it shows the trailers before the movie of winter comes out in a theater near you :)

Yes, when you reach a certain age even the very small insignificant not important things like 20,000 likes are

VERY IMPORTANT.

It’s nice also having a group of Grillers all be it a smallish group abut very large in heart and friendship that help with these not so very important goals.

Best of luck purchasing your laptop, it’s a real minefield out there.

You are having your flurries, today was a hot spring day, around 90/95, cooling down tomorrow to mid 80s, good beach and golf weather, bed time good night Grillers.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Very strange day here so far in the Niagara Peninsula. When I got up at 5:00 am it was clam with a gentle rain. By 6:30 am the rain was heavier and the wind was very strong, probably 25-30+ mph. All that with a balmy temperature of 50°F. Now it's dead calm...

Today was supposed to be a severe wind event day with speeds in excess of 50 mph. It will require a change for that to happen. Very strange indeed...

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Yes, when you reach a certain age even the very small insignificant not important things like 20,000 likes are

VERY IMPORTANT.

It’s nice also having a group of Grillers all be it a smallish group abut very large in heart and friendship that help with these not so very important goals.

Best of luck purchasing your laptop, it’s a real minefield out there.

You are having your flurries, today was a hot spring day, around 90/95, cooling down tomorrow to mid 80s, good beach and golf weather, bed time good night Grillers.

They've already ditched our flurry forecast for next week, but now we have the winds for today, 20-30 mph with gusts to 40 mph predicted, so perfect example of what goes around comes around :)

This should help get the leaves off of the trees as they are late in falling this year. Lots of variations on the old poem "Spring has sprung, Fall has fell, it's cold outside, so what the... heck...

Very strange day here so far in the Niagara Peninsula. When I got up at 5:00 am it was clam with a gentle rain. By 6:30 am the rain was heavier and the wind was very strong, probably 25-30+ mph. All that with a balmy temperature of 50°F. Now it's dead calm...

Today was supposed to be a severe wind event day with speeds in excess of 50 mph. It will require a change for that to happen. Very strange indeed...

I was out getting the winter tires installed this morning and my wife and I went out for breakfast while we waited. It poured on the way home, but then the sun came out. I went for my morning walk about noon and darn near blew away on the return leg as the wind has really picked up! I've got a couple of limbs down from the pines, but nothing serious. Looks ominous on the horizon so more wet on the way...

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

A question to our American Grillers.

I know some species hibernate during the winter, is the lack of traffic through the Grille caused by the same reason.

Just asking :).

On another subject, two more quotes on their way this week, Monday should see us in a position to pay the deposit, fingers crossed. Lack of rain at present is making the venting of water unnecessary.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I know some species hibernate during the winter, is the lack of traffic through the Grille caused by the same reason.

On another subject, two more quotes on their way this week, Monday should see us in a position to pay the deposit, fingers crossed. Lack of rain at present is making the venting of water unnecessary.

Actually Grille time should increase due to a decrease in playing time. Just sayin' :superman:

I wonder if we're missing Judge Reasy due to the aftermath of the hurricanes.

Fella has a habit of taking a breather every now and then. I think he did at this time last fall which happens to coincide with college football season and fishing/hunting in Michigan.

Lose a couple of regulars and that leads to less to comment on from the rest of us, so it can kind of accumulate or in this case deaccumulate... (I don't think that's word, but it seemed more appropriate than disperse)

I agree with Sixty that traffic should pick up due to the off-season and more interest in discussing things golf due to a lack of play, but I wouldn't really expect that to take hold until the New Year. Call this the shoulder season where some folks still get to play and others are done for the year.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Saying for today, sums up us old Grillers, and the younger Grillers.

We change as we age, but I don't think that means that the inherent beauty vanishes. Far from it! But, that maybe a reflection of the total package as much as any physical attribute.

Perhaps I'm just naturally attracted to those of my general age bracket who have experienced the world as I know it. We can relate to one another whereas that can often times be a stretch across generations.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I'm here hanging around. Even when I'm not posting anything I still try to keep up giving likes

to my friends here. I'm home for a week and have been busy with my honeydo list and at night

Cobi and I have been watching a Netflix series called "The 100". We're in the middle of season

3 of 5 seasons. It's really good.

When I go back out on the road in a week it will be for the last time. I officially announced my

retirement for roughly Dec 21..........if I can hold out that long, lol. The reason for the "rough"

date is simply due to the nature of long haul trucking.

When I retire I'm going to go ahead and get an annual pass each year at the RTJ Golf Trail. It's

such a good deal and the courses are great.....and most of my golf buddies play there. I'm

looking forward to playing on a somewhat regular basis. It's been many years since I have.

Good cheer to all!!!!

I'm here hanging around. Even when I'm not posting anything I still try to keep up giving likes

to my friends here. I'm home for a week and have been busy with my honeydo list and at night

Cobi and I have been watching a Netflix series called "The 100". We're in the middle of season

When I go back out on the road in a week it will be for the last time. I officially announced my

retirement for roughly Dec 21..........if I can hold out that long, lol. The reason for the "rough"

When I retire I'm going to go ahead and get an annual pass each year at the RTJ Golf Trail. It's

such a good deal and the courses are great.....and most of my golf buddies play there. I'm

looking forward to playing on a somewhat regular basis. It's been many years since I have.

Good cheer to all!!!!

Well my wife put in her retirement papers with the Union this week--- She should be retiring in December--- If I live to Sept 2019 I will be 62 and I am hopefully retiring---- The owner of the company and my bud the ops manager have asked me if I was serious? I told them serious as a heart attack. I can make a certain amount per year and I told them I may consider driving a couple of days a week.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

I wonder if we're missing Judge Reasy due to the aftermath of the hurricanes.

Fella has a habit of taking a breather every now and then. I think he did at this time last fall which happens to coincide with college football season and fishing/hunting in Michigan.

Lose a couple of regulars and that leads to less to comment on from the rest of us, so it can kind of accumulate or in this case deaccumulate... (I don't think that's word, but it seemed more appropriate than disperse)

I agree with Sixty that traffic should pick up due to the off-season and more interest in discussing things golf due to a lack of play, but I wouldn't really expect that to take hold until the New Year. Call this the shoulder season where some folks still get to play and others are done for the year.

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gents - I have an ocean of catching up to do here in the Grille. Apologies. Scomacer nailed the "reason". A bud of mine owns a nice practice range locally. Hurricane Michael did a real number on it. So he rents this long-boom hydraulic lift and the two of us were in that thing day and night for about a month. The work is done and she's now looking better than ever.

Haven't touched a golf club in a month. Have seen many-o-golfers firing balls (sometimes right at us). Hope to get back into the swing of things Grille-wise and golf-wise soon.

Hope all are OK. Hopefully as I catch up with you guys here the news is all good.

Cheers to ya guys!

Somebody - PULL MY FINGER!

Start of prep for ablation next week, 3 visits for tests then the next week Monday for pre admission and Tuesday for ablation. This and waiting round for people to decide to turn up to give us quotes for the sewerage system means we are busy doing nothing.

The problem with the sewerage I have speculated is there are many new housing developments locally, even with the inflated price they will charge for our one off system, it’s much more financially viable for them leaving all of their equipment in one place and installing 20 30 units, so they are not looking for work at present especially from single home owners. Time will tell, one company has put off coming out to inspect for a quote three times so far, we are expecting another company on Sunday morning, fingers crossed.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Start of prep for ablation next week, 3 visits for tests then the next week Monday for pre admission and Tuesday for ablation. This and waiting round for people to decide to turn up to give us quotes for the sewerage system means we are busy doing nothing.

The problem with the sewerage I have speculated is there are many new housing developments locally, even with the inflated price they will charge for our one off system, it’s much more financially viable for them leaving all of their equipment in one place and installing 20 30 units, so they are not looking for work at present especially from single home owners. Time will tell, one company has put off coming out to inspect for a quote three times so far, we are expecting another company on Sunday morning, fingers crossed.

The good thing is these will all be fixed sooner than later. Finally after all this time waiting for the ablation your DW's patience will have paid off next Tuesday, I'd say she has done pretty well. That has been a long wait but it will be well worth it, good for her :clapping:

Seems like we always wait for something doesn't it?

The good thing is these will all be fixed sooner than later. Finally after all this time waiting for the ablation your DW's patience will have paid off next Tuesday, I'd say she has done pretty well. That has been a long wait but it will be well worth it, good for her :clapping:

Seems like we always wait for something doesn't it?

Correct we all wait for something, as the saying goes,

Everything comes to he who waits.

Well I think it does :)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Played two holes yesterday. The wind really makes 40 degree golf miserable. Just can't do it anymore. I've been more stiff and sore since the weather turned colder. Shoulders, elbows, knees, all ache.

Looking over some previous posts, the pro in the jogging pants is making a statement. We're in a slob society, and it's not going to get better. BUT, society has a lot more problems than how someone dresses. So, who cares.

Maybe, I'm wrong, but I believe people who dress like ladies and gentlemen are more apt to act like ladies and gentlemen.

For me, I'll wear my OCBD's and khakis, golf or otherwise. Add a navy blazer and tie at the appropriate time, and bury me.

Take care, guys.

Good cheer to all!!!!

Good cheer to all!!!!

Well my wife put in her retirement papers with the Union this week--- She should be retiring in December--- If I live to Sept 2019 I will be 62 and I am hopefully retiring---- The owner of the company and my bud the ops manager have asked me if I was serious? I told them serious as a heart attack. I can make a certain amount per year and I told them I may consider driving a couple of days a week.

Say it again, retirement is terrific, plenty to do, not enought time to do it. Best of luck to all three of you, not as you will need it, you all seem busy people as it is and the golf clubs will be one of the winners. Looking foreword to hearing your retirement takes.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Played two holes yesterday. The wind really makes 40 degree golf miserable. Just can't do it anymore. I've been more stiff and sore since the weather turned colder. Shoulders, elbows, knees, all ache.

Looking over some previous posts, the pro in the jogging pants is making a statement. We're in a slob society, and it's not going to get better. BUT, society has a lot more problems than how someone dresses. So, who cares.

Maybe, I'm wrong, but I believe people who dress like ladies and gentlemen are more apt to act like ladies and gentlemen.

For me, I'll wear my OCBD's and khakis, golf or otherwise. Add a navy blazer and tie at the appropriate time, and bury me.

Take care, guys.

We shop at a mall near the house, it’s not an up market area and some of the clothes people wear to go out makes you wonder on their brain power, we always dress neatly when out and around, does not take much effort. Agree society is still in a downward spiral, should turn round eventually.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Take care, guys.

We shop at a mall near the house, it’s not an up market area and some of the clothes people wear to go out makes you wonder on their brain power, we always dress neatly when out and around, does not take much effort. Agree society is still in a downward spiral, should turn round eventually.

There are some interesting videos on YouTube showing what folks who shop at Wal-mart have been known to wear. You have to wonder what enters their minds?

It's definitely a different society that we live in now. A by-product of the sixties as much as anything if I put my sociologists hat on as that is where the laize-faire attitude towards dress came in as a protest to the order of the existing military driven politics of the time. My father would never go out socially without a jacket and dress slacks on; tie for formal occasions that would acquiesce to a turtle-neck for more casual occasions.

Even I have committed fashion sins in the eyes of my parents by going to church with dark wash bluejeans on, a dress shirt and a casual hounds-tooth blazer. But, I'm not nearly as bad as some as it never ceases to amaze me what some folks will show up dressed in to formal nights on a cruise ship. I remember distinctly at the table next to us two years ago this guy rolls in, about 20 minutes late, with a polo and kakhis looking like he just got out of bed. The rest of the table were wearing formal gowns and tuxes! The rolling eyes were just unreal! I don't recall the fellow being back at that table the rest of the cruise... Someone probably got chewed out over that faux pas!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

the highest forecast temperature for the next twelve days is a robust 47*...with a breeze most days,and flat out windy on several.

I am a devout 50* and above golfer,so it may be time to start finding the winter hobby tools !

You guys in the northern places have a lot worse winter than i do,but man i am not looking forward to it. I spent three winters

in Duluth Minnesota,so i have an idea what winter is all about ,and I dont want anymore. Never bothered me when younger

but the older i get,the more i want warm weather !

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

the highest forecast temperature for the next twelve days is a robust 47*...with a breeze most days,and flat out windy on several.

I am a devout 50* and above golfer,so it may be time to start finding the winter hobby tools !

You guys in the northern places have a lot worse winter than i do,but man i am not looking forward to it. I spent three winters

in Duluth Minnesota,so i have an idea what winter is all about ,and I dont want anymore. Never bothered me when younger

but the older i get,the more i want warm weather !

You and me both, Bill. I don't do well in the cold, especially if it's damp. I seem to fair better out in the BC interior where my son lives, but DW has no interest in moving there. She maintains hope that the kids will come back home one day.

We'll be going out to see them the first week of December and then have a cruise booked for end of February, but the rest of the time it will be survival mode I think. Here's hoping we have a milder winter that doesn't persist nearly as long as it did last year. Unfortunately, we're getting an early start to it with snow forecast as early as tomorrow as well as several days next week.

I haven't received notification that the course is closing just yet, but I will not be surprised if the next couple of days is it.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

We had a very hot summer here in the Southern part of the state. The river threw the humidity up and the hills held it in. Had a lot of days

in the mid to high 90's with high humidity/dew point,but was still better than the cold that usually follows a hot summer.

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)