2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

So in looking at the millennial story I put above, I see I typed "So when he did, then knew then could pull out the phone. (should be they knew they)

Let the confusion multiply... I am starting today the process of getting rid of one of the 4 pills I take for epilepsy that would cost me $672 a month I found out because you can't get it in generic, and switching to another pill which will cost me $0 a month. The thing is when you start a new one and stop an old one the process takes about 6 weeks to ramp up on the new one and ramp down on the old one. So now I'm on 5 meds, the most ever for me. Today I am sailing with a brain that is out in right field somewhere. I apologize for about the next month for anything that doesn't make any sense. I hope I can get some kind of letter approval to post from the CEO STU of the OGA, and get it stamped by the Judge Reason...

So in looking at the millennial story I put above, I see I typed "So when he did, then knew then could pull out the phone. (should be they knew they)

Let the confusion multiply... I am starting today the process of getting rid of one of the 4 pills I take for epilepsy that would cost me $672 a month I found out because you can't get it in generic, and switching to another pill which will cost me $0 a month. The thing is when you start a new one and stop an old one the process takes about 6 weeks to ramp up on the new one and ramp down on the old one. So now I'm on 5 meds, the most ever for me. Today I am sailing with a brain that is out in right field somewhere. I apologize for about the next month for anything that doesn't make any sense. I hope I can get some kind of letter approval to post from the CEO STU of the OGA, and get it stamped by the Judge Reason...

Automatically approved besides we are the OGA so anything goes.we are concerned about your health and well being naturally but we can accept any little pit falls that come your way. So Post on!!!

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

DW has to be very careful with some of the stuff she takes, if she stops and starts again she cannot drive as they mess with her head.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

DW has to be very careful with some of the stuff she takes, if she stops and starts again she cannot drive as they mess with her head.

The only meds I am on are BP meds. Only reason I am on them is because my BP is a little over the limit for driving a truck. The first meds they had me on 4 years ago made me feel like I was in a fog all the time. The ones I am on now and have been for 3 years now I am ok. Another reaction to drugs I had was when about 20 years ago I was on some type of Steroids because I broke my ankle (fire dept accident) they made me so irritable that my wife called the doctor and told him those things were making me so irritable and ornery she absolutelY could not live with me. He of course took me off them. I am allergic to Penicillin have been since I was 5 years old

The other reason I am on here is to report on the movie we have seen this morning. Always been a queen fan, love the enthusiasm and being from a musical family the harmonies are superb.

The first thing noticeable was the casting, apart from Freddie as a young man it was brilliant, seeing the original group later in the film those cast as queen are really on the mark. The music was special and in particular the recreation of the live aid wembly concert was mind blowing, sitting there watching it, it was easy to imagine being there and being involved, the atmosphere on screen was electric.

So if any of you are thinking about seeing Bohemian Rhapsody, do so, you will not be dissapointed.

Definitely 10/10

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

And to make it even better, first and second post on page 700

If everyone worked as hard to achieve goals as the Grillers the world would be a much better place. ;)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

The only meds I am on are BP meds. Only reason I am on them is because my BP is a little over the limit for driving a truck. The first meds they had me on 4 years ago made me feel like I was in a fog all the time. The ones I am on now and have been for 3 years now I am ok. Another reaction to drugs I had was when about 20 years ago I was on some type of Steroids because I broke my ankle (fire dept accident) they made me so irritable that my wife called the doctor and told him those things were making me so irritable and ornery she absolutelY could not live with me. He of course took me off them. I am allergic to Penicillin have been since I was 5 years old

I suddenly became allergic to sulpher based antibiotics, I came out in a rash when exposed to sunlight, did not know what it was so like a good patient I finished them off, went back to see the doctor and was told never to take those again.

DW had tubrecalosis in her hip joint when she was 5, in hospital for several years and was one of the first treated as a clinical trial using streptamicin, the big brother of penecilin. It worked but they had to fuse the hip joint and she had a hip replacement 40 years ago, still working like new.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Heard an amazing stat the other day that young people look at their phone an average

of 2500 times per day.

What is funny I have a tendency to either leave mine in the big truck or in the pick up at home--- The only time I really think about it is Thursday night if Bear or Checkers has not texted me with Saturday's tee time. Usually they text me on Thursday----- One holiday weekend it stayed in the Mack truck for 4 days. The only calls were from people selling stuff. Something else I like to do when I have time and am bored is to screw with these solicitors. I know a little Japanese (no phrases just numbers and Judo throws) and I will speak that at them. I used to do the Spanish thing some but I am not fluent there and so many people know Spanish now. Had someone call me several times about extended warranty car insurance. Finally answered them and really screwed with them. Of course I know both of my vehicles are so old I ain't getting any kind of warranty. When I told them the make and years of my vehicles they said that I was ineligible. I told her hell fire I knew that so why in the hell did you call me? No answer they hung up. I also get calls from CSRs with a certain accent and I will tell them I flat refuse to do business with any company that outsources their sales help outside the USA. Had someone the other night call several times and I finally answered them. It was some kind of scam wanting my SS number. Said I was due some money. I told them I did not give out info like that on the phone or computer. The girl insisted I was due some money. I told her if that was the case i would give them my lawyer's name address and phone number and they could contact him. She hung up fast. Ran a reverse directory scan on the number and it came back to a LLC in Lumberton NC. Checked on the Secretary of State site for NC and no such LLC was listed. Reported it to a County Officer I know and he said there was a lot of those scam artists these days. But he did take the info I wanted down and turned it into the County Fraud Task Force. .

We must get 10-20 scam calls a day. We just don't answer any call that the number isn't familiar. Caller ID is well worth the money. Don't have the patience anymore to mess with the phone solicitors.

Walked 2 holes yesterday around noon. Very windy, and the course was soaked. 12 guys were playing the usual weekend game. Riding in carts since 8:30 am, these guys aren't young either. Four or five hours in 35 degree, windy and wet conditions, they're crazier than I am.

I've been using Sunday bags for the last twenty years. I still have an indestructible black nylon bag I bought for $12 back then. One pocket, no divider quiver type bag, it's a bit faded, but no rips or tears. I still use it for hickories.

I can't recall the last time I saw someone carrying a Sunday bag. Most carry bags sold today are as heavy as small staff bags, with stands.

Keep warm, guys.

The other reason I am on here is to report on the movie we have seen this morning. Always been a queen fan, love the enthusiasm and being from a musical family the harmonies are superb.

The first thing noticeable was the casting, apart from Freddie as a young man it was brilliant, seeing the original group later in the film those cast as queen are really on the mark. The music was special and in particular the recreation of the live aid wembly concert was mind blowing, sitting there watching it, it was easy to imagine being there and being involved, the atmosphere on screen was electric.

So if any of you are thinking about seeing Bohemian Rhapsody, do so, you will not be dissapointed.

Definitely 10/10

We saw the trailer when we went to see Halloween. It looked pretty good. Brian May is a fabulous guitar player. Love the story about how his guitar the 'Red Special' came to be... https://hackaday.com/2017/06/13/the-red-special-brian-mays-handmade-guitar/

Heard an amazing stat the other day that young people look at their phone an average

of 2500 times per day.

What is funny I have a tendency to either leave mine in the big truck or in the pick up at home--- The only time I really think about it is Thursday night if Bear or Checkers has not texted me with Saturday's tee time. Usually they text me on Thursday----- One holiday weekend it stayed in the Mack truck for 4 days. The only calls were from people selling stuff. Something else I like to do when I have time and am bored is to screw with these solicitors. I know a little Japanese (no phrases just numbers and Judo throws) and I will speak that at them. I used to do the Spanish thing some but I am not fluent there and so many people know Spanish now. Had someone call me several times about extended warranty car insurance. Finally answered them and really screwed with them. Of course I know both of my vehicles are so old I ain't getting any kind of warranty. When I told them the make and years of my vehicles they said that I was ineligible. I told her hell fire I knew that so why in the hell did you call me? No answer they hung up. I also get calls from CSRs with a certain accent and I will tell them I flat refuse to do business with any company that outsources their sales help outside the USA. Had someone the other night call several times and I finally answered them. It was some kind of scam wanting my SS number. Said I was due some money. I told them I did not give out info like that on the phone or computer. The girl insisted I was due some money. I told her if that was the case i would give them my lawyer's name address and phone number and they could contact him. She hung up fast. Ran a reverse directory scan on the number and it came back to a LLC in Lumberton NC. Checked on the Secretary of State site for NC and no such LLC was listed. Reported it to a County Officer I know and he said there was a lot of those scam artists these days. But he did take the info I wanted down and turned it into the County Fraud Task Force. .

We must get 10-20 scam calls a day. We just don't answer any call that the number isn't familiar. Caller ID is well worth the money. Don't have the patience anymore to mess with the phone solicitors.

Walked 2 holes yesterday around noon. Very windy, and the course was soaked. 12 guys were playing the usual weekend game. Riding in carts since 8:30 am, these guys aren't young either. Four or five hours in 35 degree, windy and wet conditions, they're crazier than I am.

I've been using Sunday bags for the last twenty years. I still have an indestructible black nylon bag I bought for $12 back then. One pocket, no divider quiver type bag, it's a bit faded, but no rips or tears. I still use it for hickories.

I can't recall the last time I saw someone carrying a Sunday bag. Most carry bags sold today are as heavy as small staff bags, with stands.

Keep warm, guys.

I remember back about 50 years ago when I played the occasional game with a works social club, carts and buggies did not exist and everyone carried their bags, the really posh golfers had a bag stand.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I think we all suffer from having to deal with phone solicitors. Like Wriggs, I don't answer a number I don't recognize. If it's important they will leave a message, much like the current rash of scams from India that masquerade as Canada Revenue officials claiming that you are going to be sued for back taxes. Apparently thousands of folks have been duped by these characters.

Last night was the season finale for our local football club. Nothing like having a 7:00 pm game in November! Whatever happened to day games? Apparently someone in the know thinks that attendance is improved with night games. Maybe in summer, but I can't imagine it this time of year with the typical weather we get. To make matters worse they lose on the final play of the game with a missed fieldgoal. Playoffs begin next weekend. Expectations have been dampened finishing off the regular season on a three game losing streak... :nea:

I have a couple of Callaway Hyperlite carry bags. They are ultra lite stand bags. One is 3-way the other a 4-way top. They're quite manageable carrying with 8 clubs or less which is typically what I did when playing vintage -- 2W, 5W, 3, 5, 7, 9, SI, P -- a half dozen balls, a few tees and a towel. A similar line-up with alternate clubs in modern would work just as well. Like you Wriggs, I can't recall seeing anyone ever carrying a Sunday bag. Most have the honking big 14 way cart bags and ride.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

of 2500 times per day.

Keep warm, guys.

I remember back about 50 years ago when I played the occasional game with a works social club, carts and buggies did not exist and everyone carried their bags, the really posh golfers had a bag stand.

Those wooden bag stands are making a comeback with the hickory crowd. They look pretty slick with the old school leather and canvas stove pipe bags. It surprised me that they're really not that heavy compared to modern stand bags which can easily weigh as much.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I think we all suffer from having to deal with phone solicitors. Like Wriggs, I don't answer a number I don't recognize. If it's important they will leave a message, much like the current rash of scams from India that masquerade as Canada Revenue officials claiming that you are going to be sued for back taxes. Apparently thousands of folks have been duped by these characters.

Last night was the season finale for our local football club. Nothing like having a 7:00 pm game in November! Whatever happened to day games? Apparently someone in the know thinks that attendance is improved with night games. Maybe in summer, but I can't imagine it this time of year with the typical weather we get. To make matters worse they lose on the final play of the game with a missed fieldgoal. Playoffs begin next weekend. Expectations have been dampened finishing off the regular season on a three game losing streak... :nea:

I have a couple of Callaway Hyperlite carry bags. They are ultra lite stand bags. One is 3-way the other a 4-way top. They're quite manageable carrying with 8 clubs or less which is typically what I did when playing vintage -- 2W, 5W, 3, 5, 7, 9, SI, P -- a half dozen balls, a few tees and a towel. A similar line-up with alternate clubs in modern would work just as well. Like you Wriggs, I can't recall seeing anyone ever carrying a Sunday bag. Most have the honking big 14 way cart bags and ride.

Yep, I love my honking big 14 way + putter well bag and riding a cart. I'm definitely a new school

golfer. :)

Watched the beat down on the bayou last night 29-0. Roll Tide!

It’s funny how looking at other national sports brings on thoughts of how could you like that. Being from the UK soccer which I have never followed because of the feral fans and rugby were my ball sports, cricket in there somewhere. Moving to Australia Aussie rules is a major sport but all I see is a group of men running about in tight shirts and shorts achieving nothing. Baseball and college football also do not get my juices flowing both seem un disciplined. Most sports now have lost their way, far too much money involved which brings in another factor completely.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

of 2500 times per day.

Keep warm, guys.

The only time I answer them is if I am in the mood to screw with them. I do not answer most numbers that I do not know. If they leave a message fine if they do not then they will not get a call back from me.

It’s funny how looking at other national sports brings on thoughts of how could you like that. Being from the UK soccer which I have never followed because of the feral fans and rugby were my ball sports, cricket in there somewhere. Moving to Australia Aussie rules is a major sport but all I see is a group of men running about in tight shirts and shorts achieving nothing. Baseball and college football also do not get my juices flowing both seem un disciplined. Most sports now have lost their way, far too much money involved which brings in another factor completely.

I don't keep up with any of it either pro or college---- I was glad the NFL games were on this afternoon--- The practice area at my course was deserted. I had the whole shooting match to myself. Enjoyed practice with a cigar and it was cool so I enjoyed my cup of coffee from the house. Got tied up after church with a luncheon so I got to the house a little late if not for that I would walked 9 holes with my 7 clubs

of 2500 times per day.

Keep warm, guys.

The only time I answer them is if I am in the mood to screw with them. I do not answer most numbers that I do not know. If they leave a message fine if they do not then they will not get a call back from me.

Only once years ago I was sucked in to phoning them when they left a number, they phone for probably 5seconds most Nd then hang up, when you phone them back you are charged premium price for the call and they pocket half of it. As I said only once now the same as you if it’s important they will phone and wait for you to answer.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Tol, perhaps because you don't follow baseball and football you miss the finer points. In both sports

incredible skills and discipline are what separates the best from the average.

Football may look like an undisciplined brawl to the uninitiated but it is far from that. You are watching

amazing athletes doing things 99.9999% of people cannot come close to doing. And there is a lot of

strategy involved that someone just tuning in, without any knowledge, would never be onto.

Likewise, baseball, the skills to throw a baseball 90+ miles an hour and control it and move the ball

around; the ability to hit a ball traveling 90+ miles an hour and moving around, thrown from 60 feet

away...uh........not many could ever hit major league pitching, much less play a position and catch

everything hit near you and throw a ball quickly and accurately where it needs to be thown.

These are not undisciplined sports, just the opposite actually and as far as achieving nothing; well,

records of achievements in sports are kept and have been kept for a long time. In America, sports

achievers are held in high regard.

Our culture in America is very sports oriented. This is the reason so much money is involved. The

American people love sports.

BTW, college players are amateurs and not paid. That's not to say there's no money in college

sports because there is, lots of it, but the players don't get any of it. What they do get, for free, is

a great college education and the opportunity to be seen in action by professional sports franchises

that may sign them to big $$$ contracts to play for them. The truth is, though, that most college

athletes will never play at the professional level.

of 2500 times per day.

Keep warm, guys.

Only once years ago I was sucked in to phoning them when they left a number, they phone for probably 5seconds most Nd then hang up, when you phone them back you are charged premium price for the call and they pocket half of it. As I said only once now the same as you if it’s important they will phone and wait for you to answer.

We got rid of our land lines many years ago. I'm surprised some still have land line phones. I never answer

my phone unless I know who is calling. And if someone calls me that I don't know, and they don't leave a

message that I want to hear, they get blocked. Every day I go through my unanswered calls and block the

ones I don't want calling me again. Easy peasy. :)

We have to keep a land line as we cannot get mobile at home, we are only 3 miles from a major shopping center but no reception in the house. If I want to use my mobile I have to go down to the road outside the front of the house. Mobile coverage is very poor in a lot of well populated area in Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Tol, perhaps because you don't follow baseball and football you miss the finer points. In both sports

incredible skills and discipline are what separates the best from the average.

Football may look like an undisciplined brawl to the uninitiated but it is far from that. You are watching

amazing athletes doing things 99.9999% of people cannot come close to doing. And there is a lot of

strategy involved that someone just tuning in, without any knowledge, would never be onto.

Likewise, baseball, the skills to throw a baseball 90+ miles an hour and control it and move the ball

around; the ability to hit a ball traveling 90+ miles an hour and moving around, thrown from 60 feet

away...uh........not many could ever hit major league pitching, much less play a position and catch

everything hit near you and throw a ball quickly and accurately where it needs to be thown.

These are not undisciplined sports, just the opposite actually and as far as achieving nothing; well,

records of achievements in sports are kept and have been kept for a long time. In America, sports

achievers are held in high regard.

Our culture in America is very sports oriented. This is the reason so much money is involved. The

American people love sports.

BTW, college players are amateurs and not paid. That's not to say there's no money in college

sports because there is, lots of it, but the players don't get any of it. What they do get, for free, is

a great college education and the opportunity to be seen in action by professional sports franchises

that may sign them to big $$$ contracts to play for them. The truth is, though, that most college

athletes will never play at the professional level.

Don’t get me wrong I am well aware of the training and fitness regime these men go through, same as the Aussie rules men and women. They are first class athletes. It’s just that the sports this late in life have no meaning for me. I suppose if I had been raised in the culture it would be completely different, I know some of those American football players are really big men.

One thing that did amuse me was when a rugby league player from Australia decided he was going to make it big in the American football scene. He was and still is a well respected player from a top rugby league team but out of interest I followed his journy, he did not last long, made a couple of good runs, some good tackles, but could not cut it in the football scene.

He came back to Australia secured a place in a top team and now keeps quiet about his American dream. You may remember the name, then again he was around such a short time you may not. Jarrod Haine is his name, he also tried to change code to rugby union but once again failed miserably.

As I may have mentioned Judo was my sport of choice and I know watching a contest between two well matched players looks boring if you are not aware what is happening, but these are also finely tuned and extreemly strong athletes, we were inundated at one stage from a group of weight lifters who thought strength was the answer to everything, after a few weeks of finding out their strength was not getting them there as fast as they thought, they gave up.

As you quite correctly mentioned, none of the modern day sports from football to running is easy, it all requires dedication and training.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Tol -

I don’t know why I’m just noticing you live ‘down unda’ m8! So sorry for overlooking this.

Wow, it’s always been a lifelong destination for me. I figured I would get to port there while on ship during a deployment, but never got the chance. Of course Sydney would top the list but also Perth and Brisbane are up there as well. I’m keen on some time in the bush and even more to the far less traveled areas. So cool.

Cheers,

Joe

Tol -

I don’t know why I’m just noticing you live ‘down unda’ m8! So sorry for overlooking this.

Wow, it’s always been a lifelong destination for me. I figured I would get to port there while on ship during a deployment, but never got the chance. Of course Sydney would top the list but also Perth and Brisbane are up there as well. I’m keen on some time in the bush and even more to the far less traveled areas. So cool.

Cheers,

Joe

We moved over here in November 1981, liked it immediately. Never ever wanted to go back to the UK even for a visit. There is no way we would be living the lifestyle we have now and we are not cold weather people, when the temp goes down to 60/65 we are looking to light a fire, today we had the air con running at nearly 80, nice and cool indoors.

Sydney is overrated as is most of New South Wales, Queensland is the only place to be, semi tropical to full tropical excellent climate and laid back people. It’s the sun that does it. :)

The bush is good it’s what we like, the only problem is fires, they come up very quickly and run fast.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

My laptop died yesterday. Died to the point of goodbye laptop. The laptop I used in the living room for this. Equivalent to leaving your best set of clubs at the course only to find they were run over by a car when you went back, so now you have to use a PC set in the basement that is not conveniently located at the Grille but out in the shed near the Grille and talk to everyone as they go in to the Grille. (that didn't make sense but neither does my laptop biting the dust) I may have done something wrong because of this new pill change but I don't think so, it has been acting funny lately, getting hung up a lot, and it was about 6 years old, dang it... Could have usually used the one at work occasionally but I start training my replacement today, that should be a circus hahaha

My laptop died yesterday. Died to the point of goodbye laptop. The laptop I used in the living room for this. Equivalent to leaving your best set of clubs at the course only to find they were run over by a car when you went back, so now you have to use a PC set in the basement that is not conveniently located at the Grille but out in the shed near the Grille and talk to everyone as they go in to the Grille. (that didn't make sense but neither does my laptop biting the dust) I may have done something wrong because of this new pill change but I don't think so, it has been acting funny lately, getting hung up a lot, and it was about 6 years old, dang it... Could have usually used the one at work occasionally but I start training my replacement today, that should be a circus hahaha

Training your replacement is easy, take a sick day and let them get on with it.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I remember buying my wife a laptop about 10 years ago or so. It had Windows Vista OS so that will place the age of it close enough. I had to replace the rechargeable battery twice before it finally gave up the ghost for good. It's still sitting on the shelf where she left it. I'm not sure why we haven't taken it to recycle.

She bought herself an iPad a few years ago after a friend of hers got one. I don't know how old it is, but I do know that she can't get updates for it anymore supposedly. That darned thing sure is handy, especially when we travel. A new one of those is most likely in the works at some point.

I use a desktop system. I think it's our third such system. Not bad for 22 years. I know that this one has been going for longer than either of the other two were with a whole lot less trouble too. I haven't used a subscription anti-virus program for many years now after a techie friend told me to switch to what was then MS Security Essentials. I swear that those subscription services like Norton, etc. were magnets for viruses. Our tech person told me once that it was the kids downloading music that was the culprit, so maybe our lack of trouble is just coincidental as that hasn't happened in a long time.

I think I mentioned earlier that we're now on the replacement schedule with this computer I'm using as I've already bought a new router and printer this fall. I always figured that I'd go with a laptop for the next one to gain the portability, but that maybe less important than the better ergonomics of a tower with separate screen and keyboard that I currently use. Guess I'll just keep going with what I've got until this one dies although that maybe false economy as getting the files off of this hard drive would be the problem.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Still pretty satisfied with my cheap RCA tablet (?) with a keyboard. $112 with shipping from Amazon, all I need in a computer.

It's windows based, just like a regular PC. A mouse can be used, etc. Anyhow, a throw away item. Not the end of the world if it's dropped or just breaks.

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)