2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Eco sewage systems: If Australia is anything like Canada they will legislate some hair brained idea as being the be all and end all for dealing with sewage effluent and eventually discover that the system it replaced was far more reliable. The only thing they gain in the process is upping the cost of installing a workable treatment system. I've seen a lot of ideas come and go over the years with much fanfare only to be panned a few years later. It's amazing what sort of grand plans would get gov't funding while other more modest endeavours that would eventually prove to be equally if not more effective would be turned down.

We are fortunate in that we got in with a legacy style trenched septic system back in the 1980's when they brought them back after a failed run with elevated sand beds. The trenched systems only lasted for a few years before they were replaced by a new and improved -- read that as way more expensive to build -- model of elevated sand bed.

Our trenched system has never caused us a moments trouble. We have about 700' of line and I doubt that more than 2/3 of it is actually in use as we don't tend to go through as much water as maybe typical for a house of our size and the number of inhabitants.

Couldn't imagine having to work with recycled water for washing and bathing no matter what sort of treatment process it went through. Perhaps that's one of the taken for granted advantages of living in a place with huge surpluses of fresh water -- one of the rewards for having to deal with winter. I got a car wash on Thursday and I'm pretty sure that most of those automated carwashes use recycled water. For the next half hour after leaving the facility I could smell sour water coming through the vents in the dash, so even though it's treated and relatively clean it still stink! The same smell we used to get from washing down the milking parlour with recycled wash water.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

You have probably heard the saying up to your neck in s***, well this week it has been literal for us.

We have a sewerage system called Ecosafe, all waste goes into a large primary tank, in there the bacteria break everything down it goes through a series of pipes soaks down through a sand filter through a chlorine area and then it can be used on the garden via a pump out tank, the remaining sludge is pumped out every two to three years. When we moved in the system would break down when it rained we had no idea why but it quickly returned to normal operation within a day. We had rain over the past week and it has not settled down resulting in toilets full of crappy water, cannot use the dishwasher, washing machine, showering was not always possible, the system is not working. The other part is the system is very touchy you cannot use any disinfectant, bleach in the washing and a whole host of normal everyday cleaning aids cause the bacteria it die so the system does not work, the pipes clog up so sewerage is not moving.

We think the system is rubbish we are having a quick fix this week but are now determined to have it ripped out and another system installed at the cast of around $17,000, that's if we can raise the cash.

It is an eco system, loved by the greenies, that stops you shopping normally, cleaning the house normally and is a general pain in the Word not allowed.

At present we are pumping out treated but unchlorinated water into the drains, to take some pressure off the system and this is now allowing us to return to fairly normal, BUT, the stench round the garden is terrible, the house is being bombarded with scent sprays to reduce the effect, with some reasonable results, next week should see some improvement. The problem is associated with the previous owners, the wife was on chemotherapy and the drugs via her went into the system as they would and it almost totally destroyed the bacterial breakdown. I have made my disgust known with a system where the owners cannot be properly medicated without causing a problem.

There, I have no got that off my chest, DW does not want to hear any more from me as it has consumed me for a week and I am over it.

Rant. Rant. Rant.

Over here they make an additive that you add to Septic tank type systems called Rid X that puts the type bacteria you need to eat waste so to speak. Do not know if it would work on your system or not

We use Rid X faithfully once a month. So far so good. We just flush it down a toilet to get it in there.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Welcome mo_jo! We always like seeing a fresh face in here.

SLED Gemini

Stu, looked up the web site, interesting man. Which car was yours?

That black Challenger that they pulled out of the woods in SC--- That is one of my racing seats in the picture and the spoiler on the back I handmade. That is the car with all the leaves and trash in it. He has now rebuilt it. That 06 car that was an asphalt car was a friend of mine's car. the Plymouth Arrow he has also pictured we raced that type of car too. That Arrow I think I may know whose car it was but I can tell who built that cage (it was not me)

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Eco sewage systems: If Australia is anything like Canada they will legislate some hair brained idea as being the be all and end all for dealing with sewage effluent and eventually discover that the system it replaced was far more reliable. The only thing they gain in the process is upping the cost of installing a workable treatment system. I've seen a lot of ideas come and go over the years with much fanfare only to be panned a few years later. It's amazing what sort of grand plans would get gov't funding while other more modest endeavours that would eventually prove to be equally if not more effective would be turned down.

We are fortunate in that we got in with a legacy style trenched septic system back in the 1980's when they brought them back after a failed run with elevated sand beds. The trenched systems only lasted for a few years before they were replaced by a new and improved -- read that as way more expensive to build -- model of elevated sand bed.

Our trenched system has never caused us a moments trouble. We have about 700' of line and I doubt that more than 2/3 of it is actually in use as we don't tend to go through as much water as maybe typical for a house of our size and the number of inhabitants.

Couldn't imagine having to work with recycled water for washing and bathing no matter what sort of treatment process it went through. Perhaps that's one of the taken for granted advantages of living in a place with huge surpluses of fresh water -- one of the rewards for having to deal with winter. I got a car wash on Thursday and I'm pretty sure that most of those automated carwashes use recycled water. For the next half hour after leaving the facility I could smell sour water coming through the vents in the dash, so even though it's treated and relatively clean it still stink! The same smell we used to get from washing down the milking parlour with recycled wash water.

Our recycled water can only be used on the garden after going through a chlorinated tank, but I know what you mean about the smell because we always know when it is pumping out. The system is advertised in the companies brochure as a world leading passive system, it requires only gravity to make it work and then a pump to disperse the treated water, we lived in one house for ten years with a trench type system and only needed it pumped out once to remove excess sludge, the local council love it, full of greenies and they charge twice the normal amount when the contractor takes the sludge to the treatment plant. Our system has to be inspected and tested once a year chemical analysis is then sent to the local council all at a cost of $300 to us, some similar systems are inspected four times a year. The council has now banned the installation of the older systems. The company rep who is also the owner and final arbiter and only recognised installer and tester of the system, does not listen when you have a problem and tries to talk over you when complaining. I was getting that agitated last week that DW came in the room to make sure I was OK. I did finally get the message through but it is still going to cost us $1,000 to have a maintenance visit. We are still considering changing to another system but the restriction the council place on installation means that many properties will not be allowed to have it. It always amazes me how the idiots always end up being in charge.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Latest painting, somewhat different for me. The faithful wire haired fox terrier waiting for his master to come home. I speculated it was an old farmhouse by the foot scraper at the bottom left, and it was an older farmer that will be coming home to his dog.

wow, great work!

finally making some time to sketch & paint recently. I've missed just creating and even having a sketch book nearby. doodles then sketches have now lead me to attempt some painting with acrylics. will have to upload my latest attempt at photorealism which is nearly complete.

barkeep: Pour me one, a jack & diet for my Dodger blues to go away & these guys to pull it out in the bottom of the 18th! -_-

What a marathon! 7:20 18 innings. An old fashioned pitcher's duel. Great pitching of course but also some good hitting on both sides to drive up the pitch counts. Both teams may be spent tonight. I am kind of spent from staying up that late! It was cool to see Sandy Koufax still looking good and enjoying the game. Rad and I used to hang on every pitch of his and Drysdale's back in the day.

Joe, welcome to the Grille.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Our recycled water can only be used on the garden after going through a chlorinated tank, but I know what you mean about the smell because we always know when it is pumping out. The system is advertised in the companies brochure as a world leading passive system, it requires only gravity to make it work and then a pump to disperse the treated water, we lived in one house for ten years with a trench type system and only needed it pumped out once to remove excess sludge, the local council love it, full of greenies and they charge twice the normal amount when the contractor takes the sludge to the treatment plant. Our system has to be inspected and tested once a year chemical analysis is then sent to the local council all at a cost of $300 to us, some similar systems are inspected four times a year. The council has now banned the installation of the older systems. The company rep who is also the owner and final arbiter and only recognised installer and tester of the system, does not listen when you have a problem and tries to talk over you when complaining. I was getting that agitated last week that DW came in the room to make sure I was OK. I did finally get the message through but it is still going to cost us $1,000 to have a maintenance visit. We are still considering changing to another system but the restriction the council place on installation means that many properties will not be allowed to have it. It always amazes me how the idiots always end up being in charge.

Jeez, I just had our septic tank pumped out this week for the first time since we installed a new one about 7 or 8 years ago and the cost was $210 cash. That's it, nothing more and I won't have to worry about it ever again as I won't be here.

As far as the idiots being in charge, it think more often than not it comes down to who managed to grease whose palm to get their pet project approved and legislated. All the elected people have to do is convinced enough that it's a good idea whether they understand what they're agreeing to or not. We can really be dumb as a species. Either that or extremely gullible!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

You have probably heard the saying up to your neck in s***, well this week it has been literal for us.

We have a sewerage system called Ecosafe, all waste goes into a large primary tank, in there the bacteria break everything down it goes through a series of pipes soaks down through a sand filter through a chlorine area and then it can be used on the garden via a pump out tank, the remaining sludge is pumped out every two to three years. When we moved in the system would break down when it rained we had no idea why but it quickly returned to normal operation within a day. We had rain over the past week and it has not settled down resulting in toilets full of crappy water, cannot use the dishwasher, washing machine, showering was not always possible, the system is not working. The other part is the system is very touchy you cannot use any disinfectant, bleach in the washing and a whole host of normal everyday cleaning aids cause the bacteria it die so the system does not work, the pipes clog up so sewerage is not moving.

We think the system is rubbish we are having a quick fix this week but are now determined to have it ripped out and another system installed at the cast of around $17,000, that's if we can raise the cash.

It is an eco system, loved by the greenies, that stops you shopping normally, cleaning the house normally and is a general pain in the Word not allowed.

At present we are pumping out treated but unchlorinated water into the drains, to take some pressure off the system and this is now allowing us to return to fairly normal, BUT, the stench round the garden is terrible, the house is being bombarded with scent sprays to reduce the effect, with some reasonable results, next week should see some improvement. The problem is associated with the previous owners, the wife was on chemotherapy and the drugs via her went into the system as they would and it almost totally destroyed the bacterial breakdown. I have made my disgust known with a system where the owners cannot be properly medicated without causing a problem.

There, I have no got that off my chest, DW does not want to hear any more from me as it has consumed me for a week and I am over it.

Rant. Rant. Rant.

Sorry Tol you are having sewer problems. That can be a real costly mess. Hope it doesn’t cost you too much and can be corrected.

Reasey gave us a well documented history of his plumbing problem which ended up getting him down and dirty to do it himself. I came close to digging up my side yard this summer. Our new place is only about 6 years old and even though we are in town and on city water and natural gas we have a septic system. It was pumped and inspected before closing less than 2 years ago. I noticed that the grass around the plastic cover lid for the tank was growing faster and greener than anywhere else. It got worse and when mowing I could feel the soft saturated turf. Then I started seeing water running from under the cover lid when we were doing laundry. I called the builder and found the name of the sub contractor who put in the system. It took many weeks to get him out to look at it, He was unhappy to have to deal with it. He said he would have to dig it up by hand and find the blockage and repair it. He wanted to know if I wanted to do it myself. He never came back and I was resigned to do a Judge Reasey and start digging myself. (I have had a lot of experience digging) Mrs. scotee thankfully called another sewer company. They came while I was at work and had it fixed in less than an hour. Turns out an outlet baffle filter was installed and simply needed to be taken out and rinsed and put back in.

Wouldn’t you think that the guy who put in the system would know that? We were very glad that he did not send anyone out to start digging and even more glad that I did not start digging. This outlet baffle filter is supposed to be cleaned every year. It prevents suspended solids from moving into the drainfield and should make it last a long time. I was lucky.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

pl

ease stop raining!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Dang, you guys are fast!

SLED Gemini

Rant. Rant. Rant.

Sorry Tol you are having sewer problems. That can be a real costly mess. Hope it doesn’t cost you too much and can be corrected.

Reasey gave us a well documented history of his plumbing problem which ended up getting him down and dirty to do it himself. I came close to digging up my side yard this summer. Our new place is only about 6 years old and even though we are in town and on city water and natural gas we have a septic system. It was pumped and inspected before closing less than 2 years ago. I noticed that the grass around the plastic cover lid for the tank was growing faster and greener than anywhere else. It got worse and when mowing I could feel the soft saturated turf. Then I started seeing water running from under the cover lid when we were doing laundry. I called the builder and found the name of the sub contractor who put in the system. It took many weeks to get him out to look at it, He was unhappy to have to deal with it. He said he would have to dig it up by hand and find the blockage and repair it. He wanted to know if I wanted to do it myself. He never came back and I was resigned to do a Judge Reasey and start digging myself. (I have had a lot of experience digging) Mrs. scotee thankfully called another sewer company. They came while I was at work and had it fixed in less than an hour. Turns out an outlet baffle filter was installed and simply needed to be taken out and rinsed and put back in.

Wouldn’t you think that the guy who put in the system would know that? We were very glad that he did not send anyone out to start digging and even more glad that I did not start digging. This outlet baffle filter is supposed to be cleaned every year. It prevents suspended solids from moving into the drainfield and should make it last a long time. I was lucky.

Unfortunately for us it is impossible to fix as a home handyman, the system Is deep and sealed. The owner of the business told me this week that the system would not cope with a large family but is more than adequate for us when it’s functioning correctly. I find that absolutely stupid as it’s a large 4 bedroom 2 batheoom house ideal for a large family, makes you wonder just how many brain cells exist in his thick skull. I am over it and we are now looking at some other systems, problem is the most efficient ones are now not allowed by the council as they are not eco friendly enough, s*** is s*** and in the end any waste left over is taken away and treated in the council sewerage works at great cost to us ratepayers, but for some reason they are trying to make every system self contained apart from the three yearly flush out. I can gaurentee these making the decision all live in a house with sewerage linked to the town system so they never have a problem.

Back to my cup of tea, calm down, do some painting and forget about it for a while.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Sorry Mo, not a good subject for a new Grille member sitting eating breakfast. It does get better after the rants are over, we are a very placid lot in here usually.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

All good!

Lemme get a Longhammer IPA, for some Dodger good fortune tonight. Those eighteen innings may have taken a year off my life! Whew, here’s to them tying the series. Cheers!

The folks had some septic issues earlier this week as we’ve received some extra rain here in southern NM. They live in the valley with a small subdivision prepared for sewer system but are running septic in the meantime. Filled in via the manholes of the septic and the leach line couldn’t keep up. Parents roughed it but my siblings came to my place for showers over a day and a half. All’s well as the weather has shifted to allowing for the ground to dry.

Hope you have some better fortune with yours sir!

Let me finish up this painting in the kitchen with the Dodger game on within view. Life is good.

Joe

Go Dodgers!

SLED Gemini

Well thats a wrap on that game!

-_-

Let Hill face a batter in the 7th! If he puts him on base then pull him Roberts! Worse case its 4-0 with a runner on! Overthinking & micro-managing games is the new wave for managers I suppose. Smh.

Rant over.

Painting is coming along. Should be able to attach completed picture manana!

Latest painting, somewhat different for me. The faithful wire haired fox terrier waiting for his master to come home. I speculated it was an old farmhouse by the foot scraper at the bottom left, and it was an older farmer that will be coming home to his dog.

wow, great work!

finally making some time to sketch & paint recently. I've missed just creating and even having a sketch book nearby. doodles then sketches have now lead me to attempt some painting with acrylics. will have to upload my latest attempt at photorealism which is nearly complete.

barkeep: Pour me one, a jack & diet for my Dodger blues to go away & these guys to pull it out in the bottom of the 18th! -_-

What a marathon! 7:20 18 innings. An old fashioned pitcher's duel. Great pitching of course but also some good hitting on both sides to drive up the pitch counts. Both teams may be spent tonight. I am kind of spent from staying up that late! It was cool to see Sandy Koufax still looking good and enjoying the game. Rad and I used to hang on every pitch of his and Drysdale's back in the day.

My mom, dad and I went to a game once and Drysdale was the starting pitcher. It was during a heated

stretch of the pennant race........and when Drysdale was getting pooped....Walt brought in Sandy to close

out the game! Got to see them both pitch! Maury stole a few bases and it was either Tommy Davis or

Frank Howard that hit the game winning home run. My mom and dad bought me one of those balls that

had all the team signatures on it. Man, I wish I still had that ball!

SLED Gemini

Willie Stargell......"Trying to hit Sandy Koufax is like trying to drink coffee with a fork"

and..........he turned to the umpire and said "I didn't see it either but it sounded high!"

SLED Gemini

Wow Conrad!

Some fond memories for you and the family I’m sure. Seems like ‘thems was the good ol days’!

I was a very young chap last time they won it all.

Was hoping on last year but Houston’s batting was out of this world. (Although I question Roberts going full Darvish.)

This year when they were 9 games out of first with a only a month remaining, I didnt think they’d sniff the postseason. Now Boston’s offense is dangerous and can spit out runs automatically it seems.

Ay yay yay, whats a guy to do.

Life’s still good, but life as a Dodger fan hurts tonight. Lol

Wow Conrad!

Some fond memories for you and the family I'm sure. Seems like 'thems was the good ol days'!

I was a very young chap last time they won it all.

Was hoping on last year but Houston's batting was out of this world. (Although I question Roberts going full Darvish.)

This year when they were 9 games out of first with a only a month remaining, I didnt think they'd sniff the postseason. Now Boston's offense is dangerous and can spit out runs automatically it seems.

Ay yay yay, whats a guy to do.

Life's still good, but life as a Dodger fan hurts tonight. Lol

Ya, Scotee and I go way back with the Dodgers. '63 and '65 world series champs; then '81 and '88. It's

been a long drought since.

SLED Gemini

Weird, it seemed like whenever the Dodgers got to the world series, either the A's or the Yankees

were there waitin' for them. If memory serves they lost to the A's in '74 and the Yankees in '77 and

'78....but they did beat the Yankees in '81 and the A's in '88. They beat the Yankees in '63. I can't

remember now who they played in '65.

SLED Gemini

So the final episode of my s*** problem. The blockage is apparently between the sand filter and the pump out tank, this is treated but not chlorinated effluent, there is an access point so I have been able to pump it out, the owner said pump it on to the ground which I started, then the stench into the house was unbearable, DW complained so I directed it down a drain, good job really as I have now pumped out 3,000 gallons of the stuff, my pump has been going flat out for 3 hours. Hopefully I will receive a quote and date for the work tomorrow. Cannot come too soon.

Late ofternoon, setting down for the evening, next board is ready for a new painting and half way through another. Hoping to start a third one soon. DW usually has up to six going at any one time, me can’t concentrate on that many things at once. :)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Well thats a wrap on that game!

-_-

Let Hill face a batter in the 7th! If he puts him on base then pull him Roberts! Worse case its 4-0 with a runner on! Overthinking & micro-managing games is the new wave for managers I suppose. Smh.

Rant over.

Painting is coming along. Should be able to attach completed picture manana!

A little rant always clears the brain. ;)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Weird, it seemed like whenever the Dodgers got to the world series, either the A's or the Yankees

were there waitin' for them. If memory serves they lost to the A's in '74 and the Yankees in '77 and

'78....but they did beat the Yankees in '81 and the A's in '88. They beat the Yankees in '63. I can't

remember now who they played in '65.

Sorry I'm late to the Dodgers party, I'm a long time fan too. I think it was the Twins in '65. I actually remember when they left Brooklyn, I was around 6 years old, dang...

But anyway, wow, just think of all the players that went through that franchise. I'll never forget that cool pinch-hit home run in the bottom of the ninth game 1 by GIbson. Even though they lost the series it was a heckuva thriller. That was back in the Valenzuela days of course.

In Brooklyn you would have to work your way around town avoiding the trolley cars to get through. They called it 'trolley dodging. Thus the team was called the 'Trolley Dodgers' later shortened to the 'Dodgers'. Just a little trivia...

wow, great work!

My mom, dad and I went to a game once and Drysdale was the starting pitcher. It was during a heated

stretch of the pennant race........and when Drysdale was getting pooped....Walt brought in Sandy to close

out the game! Got to see them both pitch! Maury stole a few bases and it was either Tommy Davis or

Frank Howard that hit the game winning home run. My mom and dad bought me one of those balls that

had all the team signatures on it. Man, I wish I still had that ball!

Did you know that Drysdale played for the Brooklyn Dodgers before they moved to LA?

Also, talking about Willie Stargell, I lived in Columbus before we moved up to NY, and so we had the Columbus Jets, farm team of the Pittsburgh Pirates. Willie played for them in '62. They also had Manny Mota, and Manny Sanguillen at one time. I also saw Roberto Clemente back then too, and Donn Clendenon. Oh, and a guy named Johnny Powers, a left handed batter, I think he may have gone on the Pirates. He was funny at the plate to watch batting, turned practically right down the first base line, totally opened up. We usually could get a chance to go get there early enough to go right down to field level and stand by the short fence that separated the fans from the field. The players would usually be nice enough to come over and talk and give autographs. They were really nice guys. I used to practically live there as a kid watching them when I wasn't playing myself, as I was an all star pitcher at the time. Ha, my dad wanted me to be a pro, and started me pitching in the back yard at age 3. My career went pretty well, it's too bad my parents got divorced when I was 8, he was my inspiration.

Always liked the Beverly Hillbillies episode, the Clampetts meet Leo Durocher at the golf pasture. Jethro needs to put possum fat on a ball to throw it, and Granny says she's going to do something sensible, stay home and cook some golf eggs.

"Strange critters, those golfs. First, you shoot 'em, then club 'em."

"Wee Doggies."

SNOW!!!

That is all...

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)