Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Very nice pics! When we were looking for a place in Alabama we toyed with the idea of buying a house

in the country with some acreage. It wouldn't have cost us much more and the idea of it was appealing

BUT in practical terms it didn't make much sense, for us, as we would be gone so much and unable to

manage the upkeep necessary. So we bought a house in town instead.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

pluribus

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

We were very very fortunate with that. We lived in town at the time in a nice big old house, but we had some friends who knew we wanted to live in the country. They called us one night and said "YOU gotta call our realtor, this place is going up for sale tomorrow, for $87,900, this couple is having a nasty divorce, and they have to get rid of this place for the payoff, you gotta see it before it's listed.. blah blah blah.. so we went the next morning and put a contract on it immediately and got it or I should say stole it. We sold it for $157,900 7 years later :)

Latest painting, somewhat different for me. The faithful wire haired fox terrier waiting for his master to come home. I speculated it was an old farmhouse by the foot scraper at the bottom left, and it was an older farmer that will be coming home to his dog.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Latest painting, somewhat different for me. The faithful wire haired fox terrier waiting for his master to come home. I speculated it was an old farmhouse by the foot scraper at the bottom left, and it was an older farmer that will be coming home to his dog.

Phenomenal. Art wise it's beautiful, detailed, fine, masterful, perfectly laid out and colored precisely. Content wise its warm, touching, heartfelt, hopeful, loving, friendly, homey, comfy, relaxing, all wrapped up into one. This is one of your best because we've all been the one who walks in the door to see this dog waiting for just us. We have so much going on, we are his life, it shows in one painting on his face in a calm anticipating way... well done

Phenomenal. Art wise it's beautiful, detailed, fine, masterful, perfectly laid out and colored precisely. Content wise its warm, touching, heartfelt, hopeful, loving, friendly, homey, comfy, relaxing, all wrapped up into one. This is one of your best because we've all been the one who walks in the door to see this dog waiting for just us. We have so much going on, we are his life, it shows in one painting on his face in a calm anticipating way... well done

Wow, Sixty, you have no idea how much that description means to me. When I paint particularly animals I try to express how I feel about them, you have not only summed up my thoughts but bypassed them in spades. Thank you for your brilliant summation.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

https://www.msn.com/...OXV2?li=BBnb7Kz

Anybody heard from Stuey?

Yes! He and I have been working together on a project. Sorry we've been underground and working in secret. We can now announce we've found if you tie 60 lb test fishing line from the hosel to a back belt loop, a fantastic new training aid is born. We're calling it zipper-and-everything-close-to-it away. You don't hit it any farther or better but it's guaranteed to cure the piles. (tee-hee).

Been very busy lately. Hope to catch up more this weekend. Hope all buds are in good shape for the shape they're in!

Brilliant! :ok:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Just back from an overnighter to Buffalo. Call it a combined shopping trip and a night out to catch a hockey game as we saw the Sabres play the Canadiens. It was a satisfying game for me as the play was fast and skillful with the Sabres eeking out a win in the final minute with a powerplay goal following the tying effort a few minutes earlier. My satisfaction came from watching all the obnoxious Montreal fans swoon. That's what they get for raucously singing Ole', ole', ole' with 12 minutes left in the game!

Gotta say that I missed going to the States. Used to do it all the time. We went to Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Pit which is an authentic smokehouse and barbecue joint. I haven't had barbecue like that since I drove down to Florida about three years ago! St. Louis smoked ribs with Memphis dry rub chicken wings, a skillet of corn bread, creamy cole slaw and sweet potato waffle fries all washed down with a full selection of craft brews. Just a wee bit of heaven! :nyam:

As we made our way back home this morning, we took the scenic route through Grand Island and crossing back over at Lewiston. As we were up on the bridge, I looked northward down the Niagara Gorge towards Ft. Niagara at the foot of Lake Ontario. It was a spectacular sight with the fall colours in their full splendor as the river makes its way lazily towards open water. There is so much history steeped in this area that gets lost with all the tourism associated with Niagara Falls and the surrounding wine country on both sides of the border. Pretty nice area that gets overlooked by many.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Just back from an overnighter to Buffalo. Call it a combined shopping trip and a night out to catch a hockey game as we saw the Sabres play the Canadiens. It was a satisfying game for me as the play was fast and skillful with the Sabres eeking out a win in the final minute with a powerplay goal following the tying effort a few minutes earlier. My satisfaction came from watching all the obnoxious Montreal fans swoon. That's what they get for raucously singing Ole', ole', ole' with 12 minutes left in the game!

Gotta say that I missed going to the States. Used to do it all the time. We went to Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Pit which is an authentic smokehouse and barbecue joint. I haven't had barbecue like that since I drove down to Florida about three years ago! St. Louis smoked ribs with Memphis dry rub chicken wings, a skillet of corn bread, creamy cole slaw and sweet potato waffle fries all washed down with a full selection of craft brews. Just a wee bit of heaven! :nyam:

As we made our way back home this morning, we took the scenic route through Grand Island and crossing back over at Lewiston. As we were up on the bridge, I looked northward down the Niagara Gorge towards Ft. Niagara at the foot of Lake Ontario. It was a spectacular sight with the fall colours in their full splendor as the river makes its way lazily towards open water. There is so much history steeped in this area that gets lost with all the tourism associated with Niagara Falls and the surrounding wine country on both sides of the border. Pretty nice area that gets overlooked by many.

Wow, my old stomping grounds having grown up in North Tonawanda after we mover up there at age 14. Plus I had a girlfriend that lived on Grand Island. You are stirring up some old memories. It is very pretty there, always some nice sights to see. We always liked watching the 4th of July fireworks from our side of the Niagara river as they set them off from Grand Island. Very pretty as they reflected from the river. It's also very pretty at the Falls in late January thru February as it freezes around the falls and the evening colored lights shine on the ice and snow that packs around the bottom and sides. Most people don't visit then, but it's actually one of the best times of the year to see it, spectacular...

My son visited there when he did his American trip, Niagara and the Grand Canyon were his favourite parts of the holiday. He went across to Canada and said the views were stunning.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Yes! He and I have been working together on a project. Sorry we've been underground and working in secret. We can now announce we've found if you tie 60 lb test fishing line from the hosel to a back belt loop, a fantastic new training aid is born. We're calling it zipper-and-everything-close-to-it away. You don't hit it any farther or better but it's guaranteed to cure the piles. (tee-hee).

Been very busy lately. Hope to catch up more this weekend. Hope all buds are in good shape for the shape they're in!

I was holding out hope that Stu was South Carolina's newest Billionaire and that he was quietly making plans for a grand Grillefest in Myrtle Beach :)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

wow, great work!

finally making some time to sketch & paint recently. I’ve missed just creating and even having a sketch book nearby. doodles then sketches have now lead me to attempt some painting with acrylics. will have to upload my latest attempt at photorealism which is nearly complete.

barkeep: Pour me one, a jack & diet for my Dodger blues to go away & these guys to pull it out in the bottom of the 18th! -_-

wow, great work!

finally making some time to sketch & paint recently. I’ve missed just creating and even having a sketch book nearby. doodles then sketches have now lead me to attempt some painting with acrylics. will have to upload my latest attempt at photorealism which is nearly complete.

barkeep: Pour me one, a jack & diet for my Dodger blues to go away & these guys to pull it out in the bottom of the 18th! -_-

I worked with watercolour and acrylic for a long time, son and DW worked with oils and eventually persuaded me to try, best thing I ever did for my art. Much more technical and requires a little thought but well worth it, colours and effects far surpass the other mediums.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I was holding out hope that Stu was South Carolina's newest Billionaire and that he was quietly making plans for a grand Grillefest in Myrtle Beach :)

Sorry I was not but had we been the grillfest would have been in Palm Desert California. If we had won the first thing we would have done was get the hell off this beach!!! But you better believe I would have bought a golf course somewhere but not here!!! And the grille room would have been called of course "The Clubhouse Grille".

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

If it looks like a snake...and it moves like a snake...it will be treated like a snake in my yard. It will be exterminated !

sorry...but I do not like snakes. Spiders dont bother me...snakes...no way !

Amen. When we lived out in the country before we moved in town, we lived on Blacksnake Rd. I figured I'd eventually see one (even though the road was named that because it was named Blacksnake cause it had so many curves and turns it looked like a snake).

Finally one day after about 2 years I was bush-hogging the front pasture and changed out to the finish mower to do the back hill behind the house where it meets the woods. Sure enough a big old black snake had come down to meet me when I made a couple of swipes past. Well a finish mower on the back of a '53 Ferguson is pretty good sized, so I just swung it around and trimmed him into about 50 pieces (on behalf of snake haters everywhere). Then I did my best Rocky by stopping the tractor and standing up and saying "You ain't so bad!"

That Ferguson was sweet, my Dad and I restored it from pretty much junk to basically brand new, it was a blast... pic below:

Man that brings back a lot of memories. Mowed many a fairway (with Terra Turf Tires) on one of those 8-Ns and picked the driving range too. Grew up on those and 135 Masseys

Wow, my old stomping grounds having grown up in North Tonawanda after we mover up there at age 14. Plus I had a girlfriend that lived on Grand Island. You are stirring up some old memories. It is very pretty there, always some nice sights to see. We always liked watching the 4th of July fireworks from our side of the Niagara river as they set them off from Grand Island. Very pretty as they reflected from the river. It's also very pretty at the Falls in late January thru February as it freezes around the falls and the evening colored lights shine on the ice and snow that packs around the bottom and sides. Most people don't visit then, but it's actually one of the best times of the year to see it, spectacular...

North Tonawanda great memories for a different reason. All Big Block Chevrolet motors were made in that engine plant back in the day. All of them had decals on the valve cover stating "North Tonawanda the #1 Team" One of our slangs for a big block Chevrolet was a Tonawanda Tornado. They also made some of the small block high performance motors there too later on. There was also one hell of a race car driver from there named Jim Hurtubise who could drive anything with wheels on it. I was fortunate to meet him through a friend of mine in the late 70s. He had gotten burned bad in a Indy type car in the 60s but still drove after that. In the NASCAR ranks he always drove factory backed Dodges and Plymouths with the big hemi engines. I think he was the last man to qualify and race the front engined car at Indy.

You have probably heard the saying up to your neck in s***, well this week it has been literal for us.

We have a sewerage system called Ecosafe, all waste goes into a large primary tank, in there the bacteria break everything down it goes through a series of pipes soaks down through a sand filter through a chlorine area and then it can be used on the garden via a pump out tank, the remaining sludge is pumped out every two to three years. When we moved in the system would break down when it rained we had no idea why but it quickly returned to normal operation within a day. We had rain over the past week and it has not settled down resulting in toilets full of crappy water, cannot use the dishwasher, washing machine, showering was not always possible, the system is not working. The other part is the system is very touchy you cannot use any disinfectant, bleach in the washing and a whole host of normal everyday cleaning aids cause the bacteria it die so the system does not work, the pipes clog up so sewerage is not moving.

We think the system is rubbish we are having a quick fix this week but are now determined to have it ripped out and another system installed at the cast of around $17,000, that’s if we can raise the cash.

It is an eco system, loved by the greenies, that stops you shopping normally, cleaning the house normally and is a general pain in the Word not allowed.

At present we are pumping out treated but unchlorinated water into the drains, to take some pressure off the system and this is now allowing us to return to fairly normal, BUT, the stench round the garden is terrible, the house is being bombarded with scent sprays to reduce the effect, with some reasonable results, next week should see some improvement. The problem is associated with the previous owners, the wife was on chemotherapy and the drugs via her went into the system as they would and it almost totally destroyed the bacterial breakdown. I have made my disgust known with a system where the owners cannot be properly medicated without causing a problem.

There, I have no got that off my chest, DW does not want to hear any more from me as it has consumed me for a week and I am over it.

Rant. Rant. Rant.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

You have probably heard the saying up to your neck in s***, well this week it has been literal for us.

We have a sewerage system called Ecosafe, all waste goes into a large primary tank, in there the bacteria break everything down it goes through a series of pipes soaks down through a sand filter through a chlorine area and then it can be used on the garden via a pump out tank, the remaining sludge is pumped out every two to three years. When we moved in the system would break down when it rained we had no idea why but it quickly returned to normal operation within a day. We had rain over the past week and it has not settled down resulting in toilets full of crappy water, cannot use the dishwasher, washing machine, showering was not always possible, the system is not working. The other part is the system is very touchy you cannot use any disinfectant, bleach in the washing and a whole host of normal everyday cleaning aids cause the bacteria it die so the system does not work, the pipes clog up so sewerage is not moving.

We think the system is rubbish we are having a quick fix this week but are now determined to have it ripped out and another system installed at the cast of around $17,000, that's if we can raise the cash.

It is an eco system, loved by the greenies, that stops you shopping normally, cleaning the house normally and is a general pain in the Word not allowed.

At present we are pumping out treated but unchlorinated water into the drains, to take some pressure off the system and this is now allowing us to return to fairly normal, BUT, the stench round the garden is terrible, the house is being bombarded with scent sprays to reduce the effect, with some reasonable results, next week should see some improvement. The problem is associated with the previous owners, the wife was on chemotherapy and the drugs via her went into the system as they would and it almost totally destroyed the bacterial breakdown. I have made my disgust known with a system where the owners cannot be properly medicated without causing a problem.

There, I have no got that off my chest, DW does not want to hear any more from me as it has consumed me for a week and I am over it.

Rant. Rant. Rant.

Over here they make an additive that you add to Septic tank type systems called Rid X that puts the type bacteria you need to eat waste so to speak. Do not know if it would work on your system or not

We think the system is rubbish we are having a quick fix this week but are now determined to have it ripped out and another system installed at the cast of around $17,000, that's if we can raise the cash.

Rant. Rant. Rant.

Over here they make an additive that you add to Septic tank type systems called Rid X that puts the type bacteria you need to eat waste so to speak. Do not know if it would work on your system or not

Thanks Stu will follow that up to see if it available in Australia. It has really dominated this week and as you may have realised not in a good way.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

wow, great work!

Slight memory loss, addition to previous post. :)

Look foreword to seeing your art work, I would love another arty poster. Always welcome in here to pull up a chair and partake of the tasty food and drink Gus ang his staff provide.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

North Tonawanda great memories for a different reason. All Big Block Chevrolet motors were made in that engine plant back in the day. All of them had decals on the valve cover stating "North Tonawanda the #1 Team" One of our slangs for a big block Chevrolet was a Tonawanda Tornado. They also made some of the small block high performance motors there too later on. There was also one hell of a race car driver from there named Jim Hurtubise who could drive anything with wheels on it. I was fortunate to meet him through a friend of mine in the late 70s. He had gotten burned bad in a Indy type car in the 60s but still drove after that. In the NASCAR ranks he always drove factory backed Dodges and Plymouths with the big hemi engines. I think he was the last man to qualify and race the front engined car at Indy.

Cool, I met Jim too. He lived just on the edge of town. Had a real nice place, and he kept it up immaculately. We would drive out once in a while to just go past it like it was Elvis' place or something just to see any race cars, but the was only these cool looking huge trailors with his name and racing stuff on the side. There were no race tracks and stuff like we hoped, hahaha, just a regular looking very nice house and property, although it was expensive looking. He wasn't a flaunter though. Seemed quiet and to himself in town, well liked, good reputation. I had a friend in high school who was related to him, and that's how i got to meet him, it was just a hi and handshake. After that I shifted gears in my stepdad's pushbutton drive '63 Plymouth Valiant for the longest time thinking I was racing. Funny I didn't ruin that automatic transmission, probably had it up to 1500 rpm before I got out button #1. But I probably could have competed on the pro track with the best of them with that thing, after all, I didn't have a hemi, but I did have a slant 6 hahahaha :dntknw:

Welcome Mo_Golf_Joe !!!

Sixty-- The Slant Six Mopar reminds me of something. Back when we were racing 6 cylinder modifieds I had a friend of mine that was sorta eccentric so to speak. He had retired from Chrysler as a performance engineer. He had moved to Charlotte and bought a warehouse cheap to put his stuff in. This was a big warehouse he even put a 12 x 60 mobile home in it and hooked it up etc. He was not married or anything but he just did his own thing as in retired with plenty of money. He had a lot of stuff. He was into drag racing for a while had a 4 door white Dodge Coronet. Looked like the typical geezer mobile on the street. Regular G78 tires and dog dish hubcaps. He would hook his little trailer to it and go to the dragstrip. Once there he would take the mufflers off the headers and put his drag slicks on and light aluminum wheels and skinny tires on the front. He would kick butt in the pro stock class. Had a 426 Hemi in that thing but had it mufflered down so much for street ops.

Fast forward a few years. I was running modified 6 cylinder Chevrolet motors. He asked me one day why no one ran the slant 6? I told him due to the design that even with baffles on a circle track the oil would run to one side and starve the bearings etc. He asked me if he built one would I drive it? Of course I told him I would drive anything. Got him a copy of the rule book. Back then you could order the Chrysler Kit cars ready to race with roll cage and all just add drive train and paint. He got a Kit Car shipped and went to work. He had studied the rules and there was no rule against what he would do. Sorta a touch of genius. He put a NASCAR dry sump positive pressure oil system on that 6 cylinder. No more oil starvation problems. We kicked butt won 8 races straight at 3 different tracks----- Of course they banned the oil pump system. This was in 79. I was ticked off and devastated he just shrugged it off. Told me he proved a point. Parked that car in the back of his warehouse on 4 jack stands covered up never washed it up. He was still living about 5 years ago at the age of 90 just as sharp and agile as ever. I asked if he still had the car. Of course he told me you ever know me to get rid of anything? We went back and pulled the cover off and it was still as it was the day it was parked. I may get that car when he passes. If I do I plan to clean it up some and show it and race it vintage class some. Funny thing is that car is still around and 2 of the tracks that banned it are not. There was a website a few years ago called Fire Arrow Racing and that guy has one of my modified Japanese built 4 cylinder Dodge Challengers. Do not know if that site is still up or not. My Mopar buddy would never mess with my 4 cylinder Mopars because to put it politely he said it is not a real American Built Chrysler product. He hated "Japanese Chrysler" with a heated passion. Told me he would rather see me running Ford (which he hated too) than run Toyota or Japanese Mopar. Have not seen him in 5 years but may run up there Christmas. He has never had a phone period land line or cell he hates phones period. Like I said eccentric but a good old guy. EDIT Just checked that site and it is up and going. That Challenger dirt track car that he is rebuilding is one of my old cars!!!

Thanks for sharing STU. I love your old racing stories! :good:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)