Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Heeeeelllllooooooooo, where are you all, by this time of the day I usually have lots of posts to catch up on.

Sco, happy for you with your day out for DWs birthday, give her my best wishes on the day.

We decorate our tree with unbreakables for two or three days, it gives them time to settle down, this year it has not worked as they have used the empty spaces as a thoroughfare, a great time is being had by all, apart from those designated to replace the decorations which they have now perfected a technique for removing.

Golf is back on the calendar for after Christmas, this next two weeks there is a cyclone hovering which will send down lots of rain so the courses will be closed, this is the only thing that closes courses where we live. All of our problems apear to be going away DW is recovering from the ablation, we met with the cardiologist yesterday and he said it would be 12 months before we could be certain it had worked, but she is being optomistic.

The sewerage will cause problems during the rain as we will have to pump the holding tank of treated water when the ground gets saturated, plans have now passed council so we are all ready for the new system after Christmas, weather permitting.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Been on the real estate run around today. What a racket! The next time this agent wants a viewing I'm going to tell them to tell him to go to h*ll!

Other than that, life's been good so far... Tomorrow night is DW's work Christmas party. :partytime2:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Been on the real estate run around today. What a racket! The next time this agent wants a viewing I'm going to tell them to tell him to go to h*ll!

Other than that, life's been good so far... Tomorrow night is DW's work Christmas party. :partytime2:

Sounds familiar, might have posted before, one agent over 12 months no sale, another agent from the same office two weeks second viewing a sale.

Are you the pick up man after the party or are they civilised and all remain sober :)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Ventured out to the Club yesterday. Cold and sunny, the golf course was mostly snow covered. Drank coffee with the lady manager. She told me, a few guys were playing over the weekend. They swept off the greens, and somehow played some form of golf in the cold and snow.

Reconciled the November bank statement last night. $760 separates the club from the wolf at the door. Board meeting on Saturday. Nothing ever gets resolved, no one is doing anything. I keep my mouth shut about club affairs, just do my job as bookkeeper. I don't attend Board meetings; I don't know if I could remain silent, if I did.

The missus and her widowed sister took an overnight bus trip to a place near Sharon, PA called Tara, some robber baron's recreation of the southern mansion in Gone with the wind. Looks great on the website, but kind of shabby in real life. The proprietors skimped on food and amenities for the bus trip overnight guests. Wife said they ran out of food at the afternoon tea, people served themselves first were stacking the deck, and eating like no tomorrow. Mostly elderly people on the trip, grabbing all they could get. Wife and Sis got little ham salad sandwiches. She said later, the dinner was good.

Reminds me of a time many years ago, I went with a then friend to an all you can eat buffet. The guy ate so much, he puked in the parking lot. I didn't pal around with the guy after that. I recall visiting he and his wife one day, and he ripped a phone off the wall and threw it at her. "A man can only put up with so much." Very sad.

Take care gentlemen.

Sounds familiar, might have posted before, one agent over 12 months no sale, another agent from the same office two weeks second viewing a sale.

Are you the pick up man after the party or are they civilised and all remain sober :)

I'll be driving. It's a dinner/dance at a hotel. It's been a few years since they have had one what with the move to the new hospital in 2015. It was always a well catered event and a good time. I expect most to stay sober, especially anyone driving who value the privilege.

They say that years back things could get pretty racy at times with certain doctors hitting on certain other staff. A few rumours circulated of about a few individuals, but that hasn't gone on in many years. Very business-like anymore.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

The missus and her widowed sister took an overnight bus trip to a place near Sharon, PA called Tara, some robber baron's recreation of the southern mansion in Gone with the wind. Looks great on the website, but kind of shabby in real life. The proprietors skimped on food and amenities for the bus trip overnight guests. Wife said they ran out of food at the afternoon tea, people served themselves first were stacking the deck, and eating like no tomorrow. Mostly elderly people on the trip, grabbing all they could get. Wife and Sis got little ham salad sandwiches. She said later, the dinner was good.

Reminds me of a time many years ago, I went with a then friend to an all you can eat buffet. The guy ate so much, he puked in the parking lot. I didn't pal around with the guy after that. I recall visiting he and his wife one day, and he ripped a phone off the wall and threw it at her. "A man can only put up with so much." Very sad.

Take care gentlemen.

Sounds like a guy I used to go to the Lilac City bowling tournament in Rochester NY with 30 years ago.

We would go down for the long holiday weekend in May, somewhere between eight and a dozen couples. Six of us would go out to the Scotch and Sirloin steak house for dinner on the Saturday night. It became a bit of a ritual.

The one couple; George would always just order the salad bar as a meal while the rest of us would get steak with the salad bar as an appetizer. By the time George got done he would have a salad bowl -- think big serving bowl -- full of shrimp shells. He'd clean the salad bar out of shrimp! It was embarrassing! He didn't care. Just as you described, the last time we went he puked in the parking lot... :bad: His wife was English; very proper. She would be mortified at his behavior. He wasn't a mean spirited person, just kind of ignorant. My grandmother would have described him as a keelie which in Scotland was a working class person from the wrong side of the tracks. It's funny how some folks behave. Has a lot to do with how they were raised and what sort of experiences they had as a child.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Foggy with a whore frost this morning. DW hasn't made it home yet, so driving must be pretty slow. It's always a bit of a concern at the end of a stretch of nights when driving conditions are poor. [Later] She has arrived and with that the fog has lifted!

We're a bit relieved that nothing tangible has come from real estate of late. There is absolutely nothing on the market that is appealing to us at this time, so we are prepared to lay low until spring. Will likely keep the property listed in the meantime, but we're not going to worry about keeping it viewing ready at all times. It's just too much bother and we never get anything in the way of feedback after a viewing. Just a bunch of tire kickers as far as I can tell. I figured it would take a couple of years to sell the property as that has been the experience in these parts with other farms. [Later] I see that the sign guy is here now replacing the weather worn signs with new billboards. I guess with the listing expiring at the end of the month our agent wants to give the impression that he's still working on it...

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

More good news -- our furnace just quit working! Just got off the phone with the installer and he suspects that the sensor is dirty, but it may have failed too. He won't be here until noon or a bit later so I'm thankful that we have a gas fireplace as a backup. Also thankful with the timing of this as it could have gone down while we were away and then we would have had a real problem!! :swoon:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

28 degrees and frosty out when I got up this morning. Thankfully, we're in for a little warmup

starting today and the low temps will stay above 40 the next week or so with highs in the 50s

and 60s. Rain coming again tomorrow night and into Friday. There, now you have the weather

report for east central Alabama. I'm sure you've been waitin for it with bated breath. :D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

That sounds like a good improvement on the way....for Alabama ! I am sincerely happy for ya ! And for Stu and Judge's area lets hope

they get a week or so of nice warming sunshine to help dry them out !

Our man on the far side of this marble we live on is in the middle of summer. His wife is doing well and her procedure seems to have been successful and

his heart is full with happiness. Both of them deserve a good long time of stress free living !

Our friends up north....well...our friends are farther north. Having spent a couple winters in Duluth,I know what your winters are like.You have my

heartfelt hopes for a mild winter for all of us.

The man in the NW territories is just coasting along in his normal weather pattern from what I can tell. Never hear too many people from that area

complain about winter. Must be a reason.

All in all,we are rapidly approaching the start of gaining minutes of daylight every day. Even though winter is just starting, the natural order of

things is already preparing for spring time. Hang in there guys,and get out when you can,enjoy the winter if possible. The time passes quicker

that way !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

28 degrees and frosty out when I got up this morning. Thankfully, we're in for a little warmup

starting today and the low temps will stay above 40 the next week or so with highs in the 50s

and 60s. Rain coming again tomorrow night and into Friday. There, now you have the weather

report for east central Alabama. I'm sure you've been waitin for it with bated breath. :D

It's interesting to me as the weather changes in various parts this time of year. There was a small earthquake in Tennessee near our youngest daughter and her family's area this morning. That would make the morning hours quite different.

Make ya do a little Shake, Rattle & Roll...

Hey, da Judge is back in the house. Welcome back!

SLED Gemini

Test.

Never loaded an image. Thought Id share a Brooklyn pie. Square with thin shaved fennel pork sausage, broccoli rabe, and home made mozz. Wood fired, very crisp crust.

Had 2 slices.

I cant move ; )

Looks awesome BSC. Love the fennel seed.....puts the Italian in Italian sausage. Don't

know what broccoli rabe is...but it sounds good. Home made Mozz? That takes some

time I would guess. I like crisp crust too; preferably thin...or at least not thick.

SLED Gemini

Test.

Never loaded an image. Thought Id share a Brooklyn pie. Square with thin shaved fennel pork sausage, broccoli rabe, and home made mozz. Wood fired, very crisp crust.

Had 2 slices.

I cant move ; )

Looks awesome BSC. Love the fennel seed.....puts the Italian in Italian sausage. Don't

know what broccoli rabe is...but it sounds good. Home made Mozz? That takes some

time I would guess. I like crisp crust too; preferably thin...or at least not thick.

Yeah, baboom. I prolly wont need to eat until lunch time now ; )

Lots of places make mozzarella fresh in brooklyn. Fantastic, has a very rich milk flavor. Its pure white.

And broccoli rabe is a thing that most people who try once it once dont like at first. It its not made right, it can be bitter. But if its sauteed/steamed with some good olive oil and salt, its very tender and rich but hearty too. For Italians, it goes hand in hand with saysage. Like pasta with sausage and broccoli rabe.

This place makes a thin crust. The wood ovens really fire the dough.

Truth be told. And I hate to sound like a whiner. But this pie, while really good, was not as perfect as the last one we got. This one was just a little heavy on the cheese, the sausage wasnt crisp enough.

But! Tomorrow, Ill give it a nice reheat in a hot oven and it will be even better.

Cheers!

Test.

Had 2 slices.

I cant move ; )

Yeah, baboom. I prolly wont need to eat until lunch time now ; )

Lots of places make mozzarella fresh in brooklyn. Fantastic, has a very rich milk flavor. Its pure white.

And broccoli rabe is a thing that most people who try once it once dont like at first. It its not made right, it can be bitter. But if its sauteed/steamed with some good olive oil and salt, its very tender and rich but hearty too. For Italians, it goes hand in hand with saysage. Like pasta with sausage and broccoli rabe.

This place makes a thin crust. The wood ovens really fire the dough.

Truth be told. And I hate to sound like a whiner. But this pie, while really good, was not as perfect as the last one we got. This one was just a little heavy on the cheese, the sausage wasnt crisp enough.

But! Tomorrow, Ill give it a nice reheat in a hot oven and it will be even better.

Cheers!

Love the Big Wheel avatar, bro!! Haha! You're the only one I've ever traded Big Wheel stories with!! Love it

Won't pretend to be all caught up here when at best I can claim having looked back a few pages.

But I can say belated BD wishes to Mrs. Scomacer. Radio is thankfully and happily rolling only four wheels ata time. Mrs. Tol finally got thru ablation. And Fella has kindly put some swing-talk chum in the water to ponder.

Bring on the pizza. Let the music and videos play. Peace on earth and good golf to all.

All mats are not created equally. Hashtag shallowangleofattack. :)

Won't pretend to be all caught up here when at best I can claim having looked back a few pages.

But I can say belated BD wishes to Mrs. Scomacer. Radio is thankfully and happily rolling only four wheels ata time. Mrs. Tol finally got thru ablation. And Fella has kindly put some swing-talk chum in the water to ponder.

Bring on the pizza. Let the music and videos play. Peace on earth and good golf to all.

Good to see you back, the place is not the same without you, happy golf, happy pizza, happy everything, just don’t stay away so long again. :)

You will have several out of like experiences as you catch up.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Around noon, it was 32 degrees, so I decided to get gas for my ATS, no golf. I drive to a place called Getgo, run by the grocery chain, Giant Eagle. Discounts are "earned" by buying groceries. Sixty and Bill probably have Giant Eagles in Ohio, where they live. The place was a zoo, cars zipping about. There are eight pumps total, with four pumps to an island, two pumps on each side of the island.

The geniuses who design cars, with fillers on both the right and left sides of the cars just adds to the confusion. Cars are facing each other, hemming others in, and lines in back. I get to a pump, and gas the ATS. I go in to pay, and the ONLY clerk is making coffee. I wait five minutes, talking to the guy behind me, commenting on the insanity. I pay, and find myself hemmed in by a line of cars in back of me, and a well dressed lady in her Lincoln far from the island making my passing next to impossible. I attempt to pull out, and God took over. He stopped me, before I'd have wrecked the car. I opened the passenger window, and asked the lady if I could get out. She wasn't happy, didn't answer me, but got in her car to get closer to the island, so I could pass.

Thank you, ma'am. I feel very fortunate to get out of that place unscathed.

Getgo, in the future, will be visited very early in the morning, when it isn't crowded.

We have the same deal at Kroger across the street. We also have a similar type of confusion especially with tourists and their entitled attitudes and some of the old fart retirees are just as bad. I have gotten where I fill up at the convenience store which is at the entrance of the park we live in. No more gas than I use in the course of a work week they can take that 0.10 per gallon and keep it. I will at the end of the month run the truck down for 2 weeks and go over early 06:00 when they open and use the fuel point discount and fill up.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Hey, da Judge is back in the house. Welcome back!

Yep I had noticed he had read up and given me several likes--- Glad to hear from him

Glad you are back missed you

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Test.

Had 2 slices.

I cant move ; )

We often have pizza, home cooked of course with a thin very crispy crust, love the taste of fennel, we use the seeds and the fresh vegetable. We call brocoli rabe brocolini, we have it several times a week fantastic taste.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Test.

Had 2 slices.

I cant move ; )

Dang Bsc, that's some good lookin' pie, fabulous ingredients and the wood fire makes it all come together. I'm in!

I'll be driving. It's a dinner/dance at a hotel. It's been a few years since they have had one what with the move to the new hospital in 2015. It was always a well catered event and a good time. I expect most to stay sober, especially anyone driving who value the privilege.

They say that years back things could get pretty racy at times with certain doctors hitting on certain other staff. A few rumours circulated of about a few individuals, but that hasn't gone on in many years. Very business-like anymore.

Never ever been to an office party, worked where they have held them but the people I worked with were going to get smashed and that had never been my scene.

Sons business had one at a major hotel last weekend, before the day someone was leaving and held a leaving party but only invited their personal friends, the hate spewed in Emails between those that went and did not almost closed the Christmas party. Because of the atmosphere son did not go neither did any of his department so his department head is taking them out next week for a lunch.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Take care gentlemen.

Sounds like a guy I used to go to the Lilac City bowling tournament in Rochester NY with 30 years ago.

We would go down for the long holiday weekend in May, somewhere between eight and a dozen couples. Six of us would go out to the Scotch and Sirloin steak house for dinner on the Saturday night. It became a bit of a ritual.

The one couple; George would always just order the salad bar as a meal while the rest of us would get steak with the salad bar as an appetizer. By the time George got done he would have a salad bowl -- think big serving bowl -- full of shrimp shells. He'd clean the salad bar out of shrimp! It was embarrassing! He didn't care. Just as you described, the last time we went he puked in the parking lot... :bad: His wife was English; very proper. She would be mortified at his behavior. He wasn't a mean spirited person, just kind of ignorant. My grandmother would have described him as a keelie which in Scotland was a working class person from the wrong side of the tracks. It's funny how some folks behave. Has a lot to do with how they were raised and what sort of experiences they had as a child.

One place I worked in the managers dining room we had lunch and then fresh fruit was free, one person a Scottish gentleman? used to have soup and then spend the rest of lunchtime eating fresh fruit, after a while the canteen staff stopped the free fruit, he never had any after that. He carried a note book with him and entered every single cent he spent, a real Scrooge.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Take care gentlemen.

One place I worked in the managers dining room we had lunch and then fresh fruit was free, one person a Scottish gentleman? used to have soup and then spend the rest of lunchtime eating fresh fruit, after a while the canteen staff stopped the free fruit, he never had any after that. He carried a note book with him and entered every single cent he spent, a real Scrooge.

Reminds me of the old story my Aunt Mildred told me when I was a boy.

A work group decided to have a picnic, so everyone had to bring something. The German guy brought frankfurters, the Polish guy brought kielbasa, the Italian guy, pizza, the Japanese guy, rice.

The Scottish guy brought his brother.

Take care gentlemen.

Reminds me of the old story my Aunt Mildred told me when I was a boy.

A work group decided to have a picnic, so everyone had to bring something. The German guy brought frankfurters, the Polish guy brought kielbasa, the Italian guy, pizza, the Japanese guy, rice.

The Scottish guy brought his brother.

That is not a joke, it’s reality.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Our company party is Saturday night as I've said. We will have 450 people this year, and we usually have a pretty good one. We had Mike Albert as Elvis a couple of years ago. (see below) I think for 1 1/2 hrs. it was like $10,000, and he was worth it, in this video I believe he was at Vegas. But he's from near here in Westerville.

Heckuva nice guy, and in real life a realtor as you can see in the 2nd video... quite a transition

[media=]

[/media]

[media=]

[/media]

I still think in that 60s/70's style costume Christmas party, my DW was a little starstruck...

Thanks Reasy, I will pass that along!

Welcome home by the way. The place is never quite the same while you're gone. You'll notice that the golf related discussions have been in shorter supply. Still working away, at least conceptually, on this one piece swing idea where the trunk and hips rotate in unison; AKA the happy feet swing that I have talked about before. Not swinging a club mind you, just sort of working at ingraining the motion and the foot work as much as anything. Gawd only knows what sort of result will come of it with club in hand and ball at my feet!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Last night was DW's work Christmas party. It was just for the lab rather than the whole hospital. I believe that the pathologists sponsored the event and got it going again. It was held at a Holiday Inn not far from the hospital. There were about 75ish in attendance. The food was excellent! One of the better spreads that I've seen for this type of event. The bar was a bit limited for choice, but i don't think anyone really complained on that front.

Cocktails were followed by the meal and then there was entertainment afterwards. You give folks an A for effort, but often times this can leave a bit to be desired with amateur musicians/singers. One of the pathologists organizes a choir and she brought them along to sing Christmas carols. The thing is that the pathologist is the leader of the group and she is clearly the poorest singer as she is loud, yet struggles with key and dynamics. It doesn't help being married to someone who is in an award winning church choir. I've got a tin ear and even I was cringing at some of the notes. Still, it was all in good fun and the entertainment wrapped up about 9:00 pm with the younger folks taking to the dance floor as the hip hop blared from an iPhone that was plugged into the sound system. That was the cue for us to make our leave.

The world she's a changing place and that could not have been more evident than last night with such an ethnically diverse crowd, especially amongst the younger members. I'm genuinely curious as where these folks came from and would like to hear their stories, but am unsure as to how to proceed along those lines of conversation in the politically correct world that we live in today. But, the difference is quite stark when comparing the older employees with many years of service to those that have been there less than ten. Still kind of a cool thing to see, a bit like a micro version of United Nations when you aren't particularly used to it.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)