Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Was just watching a video on Youtube of

by the other major golf social media site at the PGA Show in Orlando.

Plenty of mutual back slapping going on, but they did get to a couple of pertinent points regards equipment and the manufacturers. They spent some time talking about commenters on their social media channels and how the same names always show up with negative commentary, suggesting that they maybe corporate plants assigned the task of following social media and promoting the company line.

Not everything is the way it necessarily appears in the murky world of corporate affairs.

The same thing went on here for awhile and may still go on as it's hard to stop. Golf equipment

manufacturers would give certain WRXers free stuff in exchange for them starting threads and

raving about their equipment, or going into existing threads and doing the same.

You never know. Reading reviews and opinions here; or anywhere on line for that matter, you

need to have a healthy skepticism about where the review may be coming from.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Well here's the ph-ph-ph-ph-isics of it all.

Ya see, there's a constitution of remagnification whereby mass times the cube root of velocity reaches linear declines. At that point, the law of elastic speculum retention converts from Kelvin to logarithmic. Since no two modulus vestibules can occupy the same Paraclete, there must exist a one-for-one exchange of heat energy to wheat fibril tricosis. As verified by the AMF Lane wax II, gases are chromtatagraphically discharged as the ball fluidizes it's dynamic covalent bondage.

Let me know if you need any more on the subject. :).

Does the logarithmic conversion work for lumberjacks? Is the elastic speculum the same elastic used by Hanes? Is that AMF Lane Wax II used on bowling alleys, or is that only #1? Does this whole concept work on leap year?

Will have to ask my little black 8 ball. That thing is so helpful. WAY outclasses my Secret Agent Man decoder ring. :).

OK. 8 ball says, Yes, No, Perhaps, and Check back Later.

Edit: I believe the 8 ball is telepathically wired to Rad. It's actually him making the call.

Ah! The human mind as it applies to golf.

Have the very good fortune to call my instructor a true friend. As such, I get the frequent opportunity to discuss (and witness when we play golf together) the mental and emotional parts of the game. This is way cool. The physical mechanics intersect with the mind at some point, right? Very cool to hear it describedright out loud. He's willing and able to trot such things right out in the sunshine.

Two takeaways from such exchanges. BTW he's my age. He's a heck of a good stick. Long-knocker who swings easy. Best putterI've ever been around. Blew his back up year ago and came back. Anywho...

1). The subconscious hears only nouns and verbs. It doesn't process sentences, adjectives, adverbs, degrees on a scale. His suggestion is to think less and less about anything other than simple nouns and verbs. He challenge me to start doing so in the Pre-shot routine, then once over the ball, try letting THAT take over and think about absolutely nothing. THIS is his way to convert conscious thought into action. He's literally letting his subconscious drive. Interesting, right?

2). He calls it "The almighty stroke". We see the putt to save par, the shot that could make/break a good versus bad hole as "THE" defining stroke. In reality, it's just "one". It's one of 70, or 80, or 100. By itself, it ranks in importance no higher or lower than the other 99. It's only when we see it that way, that #1 above can live throughout the entire round. Once "the almighty stroke" enters our consciousness, the subconscious starts churning up negative nouns and verbs - which in turn translates into all manner of yips, tension, and poor results.

There's a whole raft of discussions we've enjoyed along similar lines. And FWIW, I don't always 100% agree all the time with all of it. But my mind remains wide open at all times and to all inputs. His, is to turn on the lights. He shows me the roadmap. He installs ways I can become my own ultimate teacher. Mine, is to listen and learn.

Good fun. No one gets hurt. No one is an idiot. No one condescends or sits in pious judgement. We remain friends first who share a passion for golf secondarily. So cool.

This is the stuff I'd wave the magic wand and give to all golfers. And it's not even about achieving this score or that. It's about the journey and how enriching the ride can be.

Rant over. :)

Anything, word from the P.Hammer?

Via PM about a month ago. He was planning this month to go qualify for an event somewhere in Asia. It may have been Thailand but my recollection as to specifics is a bit fuzzy. He's still a drummer by night and golfer by day, with his legal issues all finally in the past.

No word since that last exchange.

Ah! The human mind as it applies to golf.

Have the very good fortune to call my instructor a true friend. As such, I get the frequent opportunity to discuss (and witness when we play golf together) the mental and emotional parts of the game. This is way cool. The physical mechanics intersect with the mind at some point, right? Very cool to hear it describedright out loud. He's willing and able to trot such things right out in the sunshine.

Two takeaways from such exchanges. BTW he's my age. He's a heck of a good stick. Long-knocker who swings easy. Best putterI've ever been around. Blew his back up year ago and came back. Anywho...

1). The subconscious hears only nouns and verbs. It doesn't process sentences, adjectives, adverbs, degrees on a scale. His suggestion is to think less and less about anything other than simple nouns and verbs. He challenge me to start doing so in the Pre-shot routine, then once over the ball, try letting THAT take over and think about absolutely nothing. THIS is his way to convert conscious thought into action. He's literally letting his subconscious drive. Interesting, right?

2). He calls it "The almighty stroke". We see the putt to save par, the shot that could make/break a good versus bad hole as "THE" defining stroke. In reality, it's just "one". It's one of 70, or 80, or 100. By itself, it ranks in importance no higher or lower than the other 99. It's only when we see it that way, that #1 above can live throughout the entire round. Once "the almighty stroke" enters our consciousness, the subconscious starts churning up negative nouns and verbs - which in turn translates into all manner of yips, tension, and poor results.

There's a whole raft of discussions we've enjoyed along similar lines. And FWIW, I don't always 100% agree all the time with all of it. But my mind remains wide open at all times and to all inputs. His, is to turn on the lights. He shows me the roadmap. He installs ways I can become my own ultimate teacher. Mine, is to listen and learn.

Good fun. No one gets hurt. No one is an idiot. No one condescends or sits in pious judgement. We remain friends first who share a passion for golf secondarily. So cool.

This is the stuff I'd wave the magic wand and give to all golfers. And it's not even about achieving this score or that. It's about the journey and how enriching the ride can be.

Rant over. :)

Very cool to have an instructor friend. Someone that actually plays golf with you will know your game and not just your practice range swing. Not very many of us get to experience that. Happy for you. (insert envy emoji here)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

I agree. If one had to hire an instructor for a playing lesson I can't imagine what it would cost. Probably

the reason most don't but in reality the worth is likely much more than 3-4 range lessons. I am envious

too, lol.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Well here's the ph-ph-ph-ph-isics of it all.

Ya see, there's a constitution of remagnification whereby mass times the cube root of velocity reaches linear declines. At that point, the law of elastic speculum retention converts from Kelvin to logarithmic. Since no two modulus vestibules can occupy the same Paraclete, there must exist a one-for-one exchange of heat energy to wheat fibril tricosis. As verified by the AMF Lane wax II, gases are chromtatagraphically discharged as the ball fluidizes it's dynamic covalent bondage.

Let me know if you need any more on the subject. :).

Does the logarithmic conversion work for lumberjacks? Is the elastic speculum the same elastic used by Hanes? Is that AMF Lane Wax II used on bowling alleys, or is that only #1? Does this whole concept work on leap year?

Will have to ask my little black 8 ball. That thing is so helpful. WAY outclasses my Secret Agent Man decoder ring. :).

OK. 8 ball says, Yes, No, Perhaps, and Check back Later.

Edit: I believe the 8 ball is telepathically wired to Rad. It's actually him making the call.

So that's who I can blame...or thank...depending upon your perspective... Powerful juju in the Magic 8 ball! :tomato:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Schmoozing today, laying around, checking WRX and other stuff on the laptop. Taking ibuprofin, many mini naps... takes a lot of intricate mindlessness to create such unintentional self disarray. I think I have it down now. Definitely not a plan I want to instill for retirement. I'm ordering an emergency tux just to have on hand. edit: or not

Good point. Heading out this morning to do the shopping for a special meal for DW. I'll add flowers to the list! :good:

Done and dusted down here, we do not buy presents or cards, we send each other messages via our IPads and I always go into the garden and pick a huge bunch of flowers for DW, much more personal than shop purchased. Arsnge them in the vase and present to her the night before. It’s a nice idea celebrating love, but we celebrate it every day.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Schmoozing today, laying around, checking WRX and other stuff on the laptop. Taking ibuprofin, many mini naps... takes a lot of intricate mindlessness to create such unintentional self disarray. I think I have it down now. Definitely not a plan I want to instill for retirement. I'm ordering an emergency tux just to have on hand. edit: or not

Looking ready for action Sixty.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Very cool to have an instructor friend. Someone that actually plays golf with you will know your game and not just your practice range swing. Not very many of us get to experience that. Happy for you. (insert envy emoji here)

I agree. If one had to hire an instructor for a playing lesson I can't imagine what it would cost. Probably

the reason most don't but in reality the worth is likely much more than 3-4 range lessons. I am envious

too, lol.

It evolves over time. We've known each other for 25+ years. Didn't play together for the longest time. When we do play, I'm not paying for a playing lesson - just my greens/cart fees. During the round he might suggest a thing or two along the way, but we just play more so than do the student/teacher thing. I like (not worry about) him seeing me at my best and my worst. Then when it's lesson time, we're both comfortable discussing my good/bad tendencies from real life occurrences. He's mentioned he's seen things in my game from being 20-30 yards away from me he may have missed standing 6'' away during a lesson. And the short game stuff gets worked into lessons, which has lead into far more trust in my wedge game in that 50-110 yard range.

The lessons have evolved as well. In all honesty I perform a certain amount of donated services to his business several days/week. I've helped build-out his maintenance shop, worked on boom truck high in the air helping repair/replace lighting and nets, yadda. Haven't paid for a bucket of balls or lessons in a long time. Amid taking a break or two along the way, we talk about the mental/emotional stuff. But it's not just "talk". I literally see him doing his thing as we play. FWIW, he's an incredible putter. Cross-handed. Oversized grip. Even though he's ten times the putter I'll ever be, this is where we disagree. He says to let the putter head pass the hands/handle and "release" it. I ask him why he putts cross-handed with a fat handle if he really believe that - lol. We just agree to disagree and move on with no hard feelings. (As he repeatedly out-putts me).

So it is a unique relationship. We play, work, get the wives together for dinner now and then, and lessons have evolved into being part of it - over a long period of time. Not that it's changed his life in great ways, but I like to think at least some of what I believe/think might have rubbed off on him, too. If nothing else I may have played a role in helping do what he does even better - maybe. That's my story and I'm sticking to it -Lol.

And now Rad - you finally know the mystery story of the pro I helped. I didn't help him in dramatic ways, but a few analysis do-dads, and how I relate to the swing seemed to have leaked from student to teacher along the way. I feel sure he'd say so himself. Nothing to brag about, but it's been known to happen over the years. Lol

Looking ready for action Sixty.

It's all p.j.'s underneath tol. Evening stiffness is setting in. When people tell you 'you will feel it more the 2nd and 3rd day' I guess they speak from experience.

Taking it to the next step, the rigor mortis victims have no spokespeople.

Good point. Heading out this morning to do the shopping for a special meal for DW. I'll add flowers to the list! :good:

Done and dusted down here, we do not buy presents or cards, we send each other messages via our IPads and I always go into the garden and pick a huge bunch of flowers for DW, much more personal than shop purchased. Arsnge them in the vase and present to her the night before. It’s a nice idea celebrating love, but we celebrate it every day.

This is very nice. My DW is doing next week for her young (preschool) students a food and culture story of 5 different countries. One she picked is Australia. I have a feeling what you listed above is a tol activity and not necessarily Australian. We are open for input to her lesson, but I also have a feeling you would be writing an awful lot, so I don't want you to go out of your way, if you could direct me to the best website it would be good.

The thing is that roses don't grow worth a damn in February, so I don't have the garden option that you have down under. Not to mention that I can't grow those accursed things to save my soul! I'll leave the propagation to the experts. I did however take the time to arrange them in a vase, so I have that much going for me plus the four pack of truffles from the local chocolatier.

Short ribs are braising away as I type with a nice bottle of red open and being enjoyed. Got the bases covered this time around including desert from the bakery. :)

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

This is very nice. My DW is doing next week for her young (preschool) students a food and culture story of 5 different countries. One she picked is Australia. I have a feeling what you listed above is a tol activity and not necessarily Australian. We are open for input to her lesson, but I also have a feeling you would be writing an awful lot, so I don't want you to go out of your way, if you could direct me to the best website it would be good.

Giving it some thought, Australians are a funny bunch see what I can come up with. A comment from DW hit home today, we went to see our GP this morning and I had a discussion with him, as we were driving home DW said I was starting to talk with an Australian accent, not bad after 30+ years.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

This is a start.

Australian culture, now there is a melting pot, we have experienced both sides the we don’t want you lot over here to the best welcome you could ever have.

The main Australian trait is their “she will be right mate” which means don’t worry because I am not going to worry. Now this is really good when it comes to sport, which they are passionate about, drinking, which is also a passion, mateship which is an Australian must have. Work however is blighted by the same culture, and many Australians are extremely lax at work, the she will be right mate attitude gets my blood boiling because no matter what, tea break must go on, talking about sport must go on, but the current job on hand is only important if the boss is standing next to you with a whip, and even then it takes a while to think about moving.

Australians are good fun loving people, the beach, eating out, nightclubs and sport being their main pursuits, cricket and Australian rules being the two main sports, which are alien to Americans and English alike, cricket is like watching grass grow and Australian rules makes no sense to me. The beach culture is one I fell into very easy, the love of sun sand and surf, this is in particular because they are mostly a live round the edge country, most Australians are within easy reach of the beach, and most Australians visit the beach, giving the national identity of sun bronzed people.

Unlike my last residence in England, Cornwall, where unless you were born there you can never be a local, when the Australians are happy that you will “fit in” you are one of them. We have never had a problem once we talk to them as our theme was we moved to Australia to be Australian not a Brit living in Australia, because of this we have been readily accepted.

The relaxed attitude at work has always niggled me some as I have always been a get it done person, everywhere I have worked in Australia I have been told to slow down, but this goes against my nature, my son has the same problem, he cannot believe even now after many years at work, the relaxed attitude.

I have no idea really what she would be looking at when discussing this with the kids at school because the other side is the Aboriginal culture of which I am mainly ignorant, this in itself is a whole new topic, there are heaps of online sites, but then again it depends on what you are looking at, their history, their modern day problems, the direction they are trying to take, whether the Europeans were settlers or cultural terrorists. They have a long history and culture of their own which is practiced by many of them but unfortunately many are now also drunks and drug addicts. Many of the tribal elders are trying to pull it all back together but with so much government inaction not much seems to be happening. There is a big movement to give back traditional tribal lands, but this is difficult if the land is now a thousand house estate or a major shopping center, then there is also the movement against the Aboriginals saying they displaced the people that owned the land before they moved in. So who is right or wrong in that discussion depends on your personal stake in the game, and no matter what you say someone will say you are wrong.

No idea if any of this will help but ask any question you like and I will try to answer it from an Australian perspective.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

This is a start.

Australian culture, now there is a melting pot, we have experienced both sides the we don’t want you lot over here to the best welcome you could ever have.

The main Australian trait is their “she will be right mate” which means don’t worry because I am not going to worry. Now this is really good when it comes to sport, which they are passionate about, drinking, which is also a passion, mateship which is an Australian must have. Work however is blighted by the same culture, and many Australians are extremely lax at work, the she will be right mate attitude gets my blood boiling because no matter what, tea break must go on, talking about sport must go on, but the current job on hand is only important if the boss is standing next to you with a whip, and even then it takes a while to think about moving.

Australians are good fun loving people, the beach, eating out, nightclubs and sport being their main pursuits, cricket and Australian rules being the two main sports, which are alien to Americans and English alike, cricket is like watching grass grow and Australian rules makes no sense to me. The beach culture is one I fell into very easy, the love of sun sand and surf, this is in particular because they are mostly a live round the edge country, most Australians are within easy reach of the beach, and most Australians visit the beach, giving the national identity of sun bronzed people.

Unlike my last residence in England, Cornwall, where unless you were born there you can never be a local, when the Australians are happy that you will “fit in” you are one of them. We have never had a problem once we talk to them as our theme was we moved to Australia to be Australian not a Brit living in Australia, because of this we have been readily accepted.

The relaxed attitude at work has always niggled me some as I have always been a get it done person, everywhere I have worked in Australia I have been told to slow down, but this goes against my nature, my son has the same problem, he cannot believe even now after many years at work, the relaxed attitude.

I have no idea really what she would be looking at when discussing this with the kids at school because the other side is the Aboriginal culture of which I am mainly ignorant, this in itself is a whole new topic, there are heaps of online sites, but then again it depends on what you are looking at, their history, their modern day problems, the direction they are trying to take, whether the Europeans were settlers or cultural terrorists. They have a long history and culture of their own which is practiced by many of them but unfortunately many are now also drunks and drug addicts. Many of the tribal elders are trying to pull it all back together but with so much government inaction not much seems to be happening. There is a big movement to give back traditional tribal lands, but this is difficult if the land is now a thousand house estate or a major shopping center, then there is also the movement against the Aboriginals saying they displaced the people that owned the land before they moved in. So who is right or wrong in that discussion depends on your personal stake in the game, and no matter what you say someone will say you are wrong.

No idea if any of this will help but ask any question you like and I will try to answer it from an Australian perspective.

Yes very much, thank you. And it's the Aboriginals who play the didgeridoos right?

One thing to know about Australians is they are very friendly and very trusting, unless you screw with them then it’s goodbye. The BBQ is a must in Australia, whilst they love good quality food they also love the BBQ and there would not be many homes without one. A funny thing happened to us when we first came over here. We decided to do the Australian thing and have a BBQ, as we did not have one we went to a public park where they always have them to use for free, even the wood to light them. We cooked our food, sat down to eat and a group of workmen came along, stopped by the table where we were eating and said, English are you, we were surprised how they knew just by seeing us. Talking to friends later we realised Australians having a BBQ do not use table mats, napkins or tablecloths. Sort of gave us away.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

This is a start.

Yes very much, thank you. And it's the Aboriginals who play the didgeridoos right?

Correct, here is an article about them, and many other aspects of the culture.

http://www.aboriginalart.com.au/didgeridoo/myths.html

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

One thing to know about Australians is they are very friendly and very trusting, unless you screw with them then it's goodbye. The BBQ is a must in Australia, whilst they love good quality food they also love the BBQ and there would not be many homes without one. A funny thing happened to us when we first came over here. We decided to do the Australian thing and have a BBQ, as we did not have one we went to a public park where they always have them to use for free, even the wood to light them. We cooked our food, sat down to eat and a group of workmen came along, stopped by the table where we were eating and said, English are you, we were surprised how they knew just by seeing us. Talking to friends later we realised Australians having a BBQ do not use table mats, napkins or tablecloths. Sort of gave us away.

Wonder if they'd known we were Americans, what with my DW having the same setup on the table. Plus if the grandkids were there, there would have been post-meal hand wipes of some sort, or ziplocs full of clean damp washcloths. If our oldest daughter would have been there, the barbie would have been scoured with vinegar spray and scraped first, then tested, spayed again, then covered with new tin foil. After using she probably would have been asked to leave the country. We love her to pieces. The kids will get cooties some day simply from never having been exposed to cooties :) Our youngest daughter, heck, her and the family would have eaten off of everything as is, she would have become an Aussie the first hour...

Actually our son wants to come to Australia for a vacation. He loves to travel and take his vacations to different locations to see and learn. He would fit right in. A minute with him and you feel like you've known him all your life. Too bad it's so far away, he could fly his plane... He has taken 3 mini vacations in the last year, each a week, one to LA, one to Canada, and one to Florida. He wants to go to Europe, but Australia is on his list for the future.

Tol,

The comments about Australia, and Europeans being considered cultural terrorists, reminds me of Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness." In the beginning of the book, the narrator, Marlowe, is beginning the tale to three other British gentlemen while they are all aboard some sort of yacht.

Marlowe begins the story by commenting how the indigenous British people might have felt when they first saw Roman galleys rowing up the Thames. He also added that the act of civilizing meant the strong imposing their will upon the weak.

Kipling, in "The Man Who Would Be King", the character Danny made a similar comment about the British, regarding bringing enlightenment to the darker regions of the Earth.

In today's world, media seems to create the most influence upon us "indigenous" peoples of the Earth.

"The horror, the horror."

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

And speaking of travel...

I have my home page set to the daily Bing photo. I like the variety, the quality and the artistic value of the photos that are chosen. After having this service for a few years now I get the feeling that I can almost predict in advance as to where the next scene maybe from. In terms of those that pull at the heart strings for their beauty I find myself being continually seduced by the Bavarian Alps and Japan.

WE did a whirlwind sprint through Germany about 10 years ago when on a coach tour and I always wanted to go back. It's so clean and modern and the people really know how to enjoy themselves. Japan on the other hand is just some far off green shore that remains a mystery to me as much for it's geography as its culture. Perhaps a couple of additions to a future bucket list.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Never had many children's games when I was a boy. I recall only having an Uncle Wiggley and a Cheyanne board games as a boy. Recall playing checkers, and learned to play chess when I was in junior high. I taught my Dad to play, and we spent many hours through the years playing chess. When I came out of the US Army, Dad and I played every night after he and my Mom watched the evening news. I didn't find a job, until over a year later, just enjoyed the $61 a week unemployment and my reserve pay. Dad and I did a lot of stuff together back then; including occasional golf. Life was good, driving his new 72 Dodge Polara. I still consider that year the best year of my life. Retirement without the aches and pains.

When I became gainfully employed in late 1973, I must have had $3-4K in the bank. A sizable sum back then, even though I bought some clothes and such, including a nice chess set. I still have it, along with a checker board and wooden pieces dating back to the 1930's. On the reverse side of the checkerboard, some sort of Jack and Jill board game was imprinted. I recall playing that game with Aunt Mildred, when I was a boy, using buttons as markers, and odd dice.

Life was good, especially after getting the job, buying the nice 68 Fury coupe a few days after Christmas 1973.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Actually our son wants to come to Australia for a vacation. He loves to travel and take his vacations to different locations to see and learn. He would fit right in. A minute with him and you feel like you've known him all your life. Too bad it's so far away, he could fly his plane... He has taken 3 mini vacations in the last year, each a week, one to LA, one to Canada, and one to Florida. He wants to go to Europe, but Australia is on his list for the future.

Australia is a beautiful country, so much to see, much like America and the sights shown in the grille. Many more remote regions than America as much of it is not suitable to live in. He would not regret a holiday over here but it is better if you get away from the main population centres.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Tol,

The comments about Australia, and Europeans being considered cultural terrorists, reminds me of Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness." In the beginning of the book, the narrator, Marlowe, is beginning the tale to three other British gentlemen while they are all aboard some sort of yacht.

Marlowe begins the story by commenting how the indigenous British people might have felt when they first saw Roman galleys rowing up the Thames. He also added that the act of civilizing meant the strong imposing their will upon the weak.

Kipling, in "The Man Who Would Be King", the character Danny made a similar comment about the British, regarding bringing enlightenment to the darker regions of the Earth.

In today's world, media seems to create the most influence upon us "indigenous" peoples of the Earth.

"The horror, the horror."

There is so much rubbish talked about in regard to other cultures taking over and settling in a new country, but let’s be realistic about this, it has been happening since the dawn of man. There is a movement to change the date of Australia Day as it is the date when the English landed and took over. This happened so long ago but now we are expected to atone for all the ills of our forefathers. What the activists do not want to adddress is the fact Aboriginals dispossessed those that had the land before them,so how far back do we go, or do we just get on with life and make it as good as we can for all.

Too many trouble makers with too much time on their hands.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

And speaking of cooties...

https://www.amazon.c...e/dp/B00000IWDO

Or more the way I remember it...

https://www.ebay.ca/...cQTgB:rk:6:pf:0

Never seen these before, must be the American and Canadian thing.

We had that very same cootie game (the vintage one) at my grandma's house on the farm. I remember having lots of other games there too. Pick up sticks, heaven forbid a kid would hold a pointy piece of plastic nowadays. His parents would be carted off by 'the autorities' never to be seen again. https://www.etsy.com..._gallery-1-4 I got mad at my brother and dumped them down the (coal) furnace outlet on the floor. They must have made their way into the furnace as they made an awful burnt plasticky smell. I remember Mr. Potatohead https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-MR-POTATO-HEAD-HASBRO-1954-1956-ORIGINAL-LIFE-BOX-MANUAL-VERY-RARE-/253294723065?hash=item3af98abff9 Wish we still had that, it was the original that you actually put in potatoes. Again, 'wrong', why destroy a potato?

Funniest thing I ever did at my grandma's was when my mom's sister came one time and my brother and I were sitting on the back porch lounging, reading comic books and stuff like Mad Magazine. There were some flies on the back porch, so she said I'm going shopping, I'll give you a penny for every fly you swat dead on this porch when I get back (thinking we'd probably kill 2 or 3 and that would be on the floor). Well the porch had just been painted freshly white. So I made sure inner door to the house was shut, and we took fly swatters and started letting flies in the back screen door and swatting them on the walls of the porch. We brought out some hamburger to attract them, by the time we were done, I think she owed us $1.86, and the walls looked like a battlefield. She flipped her lid when she got back, so did grandma, and grandpa, and my mom. Kids, they have no sense of responsibility. We didn't get paid. Somehow in the world to this day there are several missing generations of flies. You're welcome...

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)