2016 US Open Discussion Thread

PZero

Wow, Zach Edmonson saw a lot of the layout... 166 strokes worth 89, 77.... And that 77 had 4 bird's in it Tip of the hat for him grinding it out... This game is hard.... And some days it's brutally hard And Mike Van Sickle still had a chance!! He's T72(+6) and as I said earlier, he is in the Oakmont books one beund Johnny with a 64 in the PA Open. Granted it wasn't the US Open but he has rained birdies on this course and I know he's planning his round for tomorrow. Damn that would be sweet if he gets into the top 60!! Fairways & Greens My Friends, RP

One thing you can say about the Pro's is that you very rarely see any of them pack it in. You see frustration, etc., but for the most part the lad's respect their craft and grind on each shot. It is impressive.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, how bout them Pens!!!!

Woooooooooo

Oh Yea, they had the Cup in the locker room yesterday and the Players were into it

Fairways & Greens My Friends,

RP

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs   Super Stroke Wrist Lock 

DJ is one solid round from possibly leaving this field in the dust and taking his career to another stratosphere.

They just showed his stats from 50 yard up to 220ish yards out. Better than anyone in the world. If he makes a few putts, it's going to be lights out.

Big if...and this is coming from someone who is pulling for no one else but DJ

DJ is one solid round from possibly leaving this field in the dust and taking his career to another stratosphere.

They just showed his stats from 50 yard up to 220ish yards out. Better than anyone in the world. If he makes a few putts, it's going to be lights out.

Big if...and this is coming from someone who is pulling for no one else but DJ

Agreed. His career reminds me of Couples in the early 90's. Should be dominating the players around him but just can't put it all together for four straight rounds. Freddie won one major and I think DJ gets himself one or two..

Woooooooooo

Oh Yea, they had the Cup in the locker room yesterday and the Players were into it

RP

Sir just a quick note to you. I have been a member on WRX since 2007 so I am not some newbie. Do you really have to comment so much and so often? I know the board is open and free to members that stay within the rules, and I am sure you are within the rules, but c'mon man don't you think you are a bit overbearing? I know you have a lot of fans on WRX, but moderation is key in a lot of things. Just my thoughts. Thanks for your time in reading my message. This is just a polite comment and should be taken as such. I tried sending you a PM but the system said Forged4ever can not receive any new messages. I too tried to reach the mods or hosts at WRX to assist me with help in sending you a PM and again was denied access. Enjoy the US Open weekend.

Wow..... Ill try to be nice....I am honestly shocked at this ... There is usually a pound of fact in every post Richard makes to every ounce that 99.999% of every other member here makes.... I would suggest that you read his posts .... not just quips here and there .... Read the content and life experiences...read the stories of the legends he has been involved with... thats the nicest way i cay say what came to mind.. I cant type what i initially thought ... unless i want to be banned myself... Good grief charlie brown... Im a "get off my lawn " guy at times..But come on....

edit..his post above may just be on the top 5 most shocking ive ever read here....

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Woooooooooo

RP

Sir Richard, just a quick note to you. I have been a member on WRX since 2007 so I am not some newbie. Do you really have to comment so much and so often? I know the board is open and free to members that stay within the rules, and I am sure you are within the rules, but c'mon man don't you think you are a bit overbearing?

Overbearing isn't the word I'd choose. I'd go with rambling and nonsensical. But that's just the way it is. Learn to accept it...

Woooooooooo

RP

Sir just a quick note to you. I have been a member on WRX since 2007 so I am not some newbie. Do you really have to comment so much and so often? I know the board is open and free to members that stay within the rules, and I am sure you are within the rules, but c'mon man don't you think you are a bit overbearing? I know you have a lot of fans on WRX, but moderation is key in a lot of things. Just my thoughts. Thanks for your time in reading my message. This is just a polite comment and should be taken as such. I tried sending you a PM but the system said Forged4ever can not receive any new messages. I too tried to reach the mods or hosts at WRX to assist me with help in sending you a PM and again was denied access. Enjoy the US Open weekend.

Didn't read like a polite comment to me, dude. You can always put certain posters on ignore, or just skip over what they post.

I deleted the original.

Woooooooooo

RP

Sir Richard, just a quick note to you. I have been a member on WRX since 2007 so I am not some newbie. Do you really have to comment so much and so often? I know the board is open and free to members that stay within the rules, and I am sure you are within the rules, but c'mon man don't you think you are a bit overbearing?

Overbearing isn't the word I'd choose. I'd go with rambling and nonsensical. But that's just the way it is. Learn to accept it...

was there something in the water in 2007?

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Wow, Zach Edmonson saw a lot of the layout... 166 strokes worth 89, 77.... And that 77 had 4 bird's in it Tip of the hat for him grinding it out... This game is hard.... And some days it's brutally hard And Mike Van Sickle still had a chance!! He's T72(+6) and as I said earlier, he is in the Oakmont books one beund Johnny with a 64 in the PA Open. Granted it wasn't the US Open but he has rained birdies on this course and I know he's planning his round for tomorrow. Damn that would be sweet if he gets into the top 60!! Fairways & Greens My Friends, RP

One thing you can say about the Pro's is that you very rarely see any of them pack it in. You see frustration, etc., but for the most part the lad's respect their craft and grind on each shot. It is impressive.

Yea, I wish the Guys who try to Monday Q had the same mindset. If guys are over par at the turn they WD and hit the trunk and road. Matthew Hansen has never done this however in one Qualifier he went from a threesome to Playing the back nine by himself with a another asst coming out of the shop to Play with him for the score. Hell, Keith Clearwater hasn't completed a round in a Monday Q in years, LMAO.

It's nice to see Guys Play the game as it was intended to be Played, regardless of their score.

Enjoy the weekend P!

My Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Woooooooooo

RP

Apparently a respect for the English language in its written form...

Woooooooooo

RP

Didn't read like a polite comment to me, dude. You can always put certain posters on ignore, or just skip over what they post.

Sorry it was not intended as such. I deleted the original. Sorry all.

No need to apologize-

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Woooooooooo

RP

RP has forgot more than most of y'all will ever know, if you don't like or appreciate his quips its pretty damn easy to block someone.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

Woooooooooo

RP

nothing like acting as if a quick post on a golf forum is a grammar lesson when one is called out for being a less than pleasant person.... no need to be downright rude.. attacking someone just for fun is a bit ridiculous in my opinion... and yes i tend to type as i think..fast and free... no time for worry of spaces, or errors in structure

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Thank you

RP has forgot more than most of y'all will ever know

I've been posting here longer than either of you and have seen absolutely no evidence to suggest that this statement is true...

Then obviously you don't read very much.

How about keeping the thread on topic ;) Thread title is "US Open Discussion Thread" in case you didn't read that either.

Thanks a bunch :D

Now, how about this US Open eh!?? The course is beginning to show it's teeth!

I for one would love to see him finally put one away, hopefully he can keep it together..............hopefully LOL

The beast was a bit sleepy at the start but I have a feeling it's about to bear some teeth.

Still pulling for Andy Sullivan though. Hopefully DJ, Lee, and Sergio can play to form and leave the door wide open :)

G400 LST 10* Tour 65x
G400 15.5* Tour 75x
G30 19* Tour 90x
Z785 X100 4-9
SM7 46.10F/50.08F/54.08M/60.8M
MCC plus4 mid
Kingston KP1 GSS w/ Pingman
Srixon Z star XV

Yes, the course is regaining its edge. Should be a great weekend. Hopefully, Bubba and Jordan will play well tomorrow morning and we'll really have something going.

i agree with that ...looking forward to 12 hours of us open tomorow and hope someone makes it interesting on top of the leader board

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Assuming they catch up time wise, Sunday morning's leaderboard promises to be pretty interesting!

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Kai'li Red shaft

TaylorMade SIM2 Ti  5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Cobra 4 hybrid

Cobra 5 hybrid
Srixon ZX5 irons 6-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K Rossie DB  putter

Dj just make a putt already!!! Geez!!

So frustrating. He could be 8 or 9 under right now..

Bro, I'm tellin ya that it doesn't matter-

He could be -8 come Sunday and he'll throw an 80 down to finish +2....

If yourw bettin $$$, bet on it!

Otherwise, he's solid

Regards,

RP

Hey Richard,

Been awhile since I've posted on the forum and I'm sure you've addresses it before but why all the hate on DJ? Seems like people here either love him or hate him. Genuinely curious. Personally I am a huge fan. He's had some issues but who hasn't? Pulling for him hard this week...although your post more or less has been rooted in my mind for a long time as I watch him play unfortunately haha :)

Hey Bro, it's great to see ya posting as I really enjoy your thoughts and opinions!

Regarding DBag, and hate is a tad strong though I realise that that's a virtual world phenomina and you either like em or you're a hater however pertaining to his Play, it's really quite aimple-

He always finds a way to lose in a major-

I'm a firm believer that future outcomes can be accurately forecasted based on past performance.

His past performances in Majors speaks for itself

He ALWAYS has found a way to lose-

By shooting 80-

By not knowing the rules-

By missing critical putts-

End of story.

I don't speak of this however you asked so I'm gonna answer-

As a Man he's a piece of s***!!!

He slept with two of his peers' wives-

Yes, one was separates however the guy was trying to get back with his wife and regardless, they were still married-

I'm not debating this or discussing this further however I know this as a fact and I can look past a lot and very very very rarely judge another man.

However he crossed a line that I will judge on-

The booze, blow and partying is nothing-

Its a phase some go through and hopefully they get through it without hurting themselves or others.

He did not-

He's a scumbag-

Other than that I'm good with him

Again, I would not have spoken of this if you had not asked Bro-

Just my .03 worth...

I hope that you'll post as time permits!!

Stay well my Friend :)

My Best,

Richard

I hope he wins and shoves all of this Real Housewives nonesense up your arse.

Can you substantiate anything you just rambled about?

Dj just make a putt already!!! Geez!!

So frustrating. He could be 8 or 9 under right now..

Bro, I'm tellin ya that it doesn't matter-

He could be -8 come Sunday and he'll throw an 80 down to finish +2....

If yourw bettin $$$, bet on it!

Otherwise, he's solid

Regards,

RP

Hey Richard,

Been awhile since I've posted on the forum and I'm sure you've addresses it before but why all the hate on DJ? Seems like people here either love him or hate him. Genuinely curious. Personally I am a huge fan. He's had some issues but who hasn't? Pulling for him hard this week...although your post more or less has been rooted in my mind for a long time as I watch him play unfortunately haha :)

Hey Bro, it's great to see ya posting as I really enjoy your thoughts and opinions!

Regarding DBag, and hate is a tad strong though I realise that that's a virtual world phenomina and you either like em or you're a hater however pertaining to his Play, it's really quite aimple-

He always finds a way to lose in a major-

I'm a firm believer that future outcomes can be accurately forecasted based on past performance.

His past performances in Majors speaks for itself

He ALWAYS has found a way to lose-

By shooting 80-

By not knowing the rules-

By missing critical putts-

End of story.

I don't speak of this however you asked so I'm gonna answer-

As a Man he's a piece of s***!!!

He slept with two of his peers' wives-

Yes, one was separates however the guy was trying to get back with his wife and regardless, they were still married-

I'm not debating this or discussing this further however I know this as a fact and I can look past a lot and very very very rarely judge another man.

However he crossed a line that I will judge on-

The booze, blow and partying is nothing-

Its a phase some go through and hopefully they get through it without hurting themselves or others.

He did not-

He's a scumbag-

Other than that I'm good with him

Again, I would not have spoken of this if you had not asked Bro-

Just my .03 worth...

I hope that you'll post as time permits!!

Stay well my Friend :)

My Best,

Richard

You are the worst poster on the forum hands down

Your comments make me cringe after cringe