2024 3M Open What's In The Bag Photos ×

Pickup...who's got them

NCBankrolla

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

97 ram 3500 with the best Diesel engine ever built. Hauls whatever I hook up to, gets 20+ on the highway and never lets me down. Hoping to take it to half a million miles. Probably not what you're looking for though. Haha.

I normally throw the clubs in the backseat if I can, otherwise they go in the bed with towel wrapped around club heads.

3. How does one get on without one ?

Clubs ride in the bed. Which in my " Sunday truck " is carpeted and has a painted flat bed cover. So essentially a huge trunk. If on the rare occasion in my work truck they ride shot gun .... My wife drives 2013 4 door f 150 as well .. They are just much more versatile than a suv in my opinion and nowadays have all the rear seat creature comforts you can want.

Callaway mavrik max 8* mmt 70 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Ping Glide forged 53 59 AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn hemi. I have the crew cab, so four full size doors and the rear seat folds up so the clubs typically go there.

I have a 3 piece cover on the bed, and get a combined 19.7 mpg. I had a 2008 Big Horn that had the 4.7 in it and loved, but the new hemi is very nice and very smooth. Best truck I've ever driven and couldn't imagine myself without one.

2015 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost, Super Crew. Love driving it, but ever since we moved to my new building for work in DC, it sucks parking it so I started carpooling. It's almost a year old and only have 5800 miles on it. Getting around 19.2 mpg, probably could be more if I did more highway driving. Havent had any problems knock on wood and this being my first car brand outside of Honda, I'm still in the "not fully trusted" status with Ford. But so far so good. The 2.7 is a small but powerful engine.

I put my clubs in the bed. I have Line-X but also put a rubber mat in so no clubs get scratched up.

Titleist TSR2 8* or Callaway AI Smoke Max 9*???

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Nike Dymo 5w

Titleist 917f2 7w

Nike VR TW blade/split cavity- 4-PW

Cobra Snakebite 52*

Titleist Vokey 60*

Taylormade MySpider Tour X 

About to pull the trigger on a 2-3 year old truck again.

Bought a Ram 1500 in 99 it was 2 years old 97 model. Been a good truck 230,000 miles and still strong.

Not enough truck for a 31' rv trailer I have though.

Any ideas? Not sure what to buy this time.

Only use the rv a few times a year.

Cobra ZL Encore 8.5 Matrix 6Q3
TEE CB4 tour 15 RIP 70 Sigma
Titleist 909h 19 Voodoo
Mizuno Mp-53 4-pw DG progressive shafts
Odyssey Black ProType 10 Sm 4.5 TP ball
Mizuno raw haze 50, 56 Scratch 60

I agree about how do people get along without a pickup? When I got my first, a Toyota Tacoma, 20 years ago, I knew right away I would never buy a car again.

I just got a new Chevy Silverado 5.3L 4x4. It's the work truck (WT) line, their lowest, but it has the black-out package and looks wicked. It was only 1K more than used LT Silverados with 15 - 20K mi. It has all the same stuff as the LT but not as luxurious - plastic steering wheel, computer display is changed via a little spindle sticking out of the speedometer, the 4x4 is a manual shift on the floor, and the headlights aren't LEDs. But it has 20" black alloy wheels and a spray-in bedliner. My favorite truck ever so far..

I recently inherited my dads 2000 F150 extended cab. It's got a fiberglass bed cover that locks, so if they're not in the trunk of my 2015 mustang, they're in the bed of my truck locked.

When I had my 2013 F150 for a daily driver, they lived in the bed, again under a locked hard bed cover.

I loved the seats in the older Ford pickups. I thought they were incredibly comfortable.

I recently inherited my dads 2000 F150 extended cab. It's got a fiberglass bed cover that locks, so if they're not in the trunk of my 2015 mustang, they're in the bed of my truck locked.

When I had my 2013 F150 for a daily driver, they lived in the bed, again under a locked hard bed cover.

I loved the seats in the older Ford pickups. I thought they were incredibly comfortable.

They are quite cushy. I'm thinking about redoing them in leather though. My last few vehicles have had leather, and I now far prefer it

2014 RAM 1500 Laramie. Love it. I have the crew cab and no bed cover yet so the sticks go in the floor in the back seat. (seats fold up).

This is my first truck and I test drove all of them when deciding which to buy, brand loyalty be damned. Here is my take on my experiences when I was looking.

The Ford was a nice truck, had the best ride, but I wasn't sold on the eco boost thing. Also, they wanted about 10k or more for an equivalent package in the other brands.

I test drove the GMC and the interior felt small and kind of cheap, you could also feel every little bump in the road when driving it. I have always been a GM guy but I just didn't like the truck I test drove.

The Nissan Titan was really nice but I heard it was bascially a RAM and the used model I test drove was more expensive than the new RAM I purchased. The color options kind of suck too.

The Toyota was a great truck too but the fuel milage was terrible and it was up there with the Ford in price. Not quite as high but close.

I like the RAM because besides the Ford it had the best ride of the rest of them. It has the best interior too, imo. Plus it was about 10k less than the Ford. Also, since it is a crew cab, the final assembly was in Michigan (if that kind of thing matters). I opted not to go with the air ride system because I thought it would be 1 more thing that could go wrong. Raising and lowering the truck wasn't a big deal to me.

What I don't like about the RAM is that it is a bear to park. It is huge so parking is just a pain. The RAM has had a few recalls, but so have all the trucks. Thankfully the recalls have all been computer based so all they had to do was hook their computer up to the truck and download new software. Mechanically the truck has been great. I'm at 16k miles now.

I have not towed anything yet and don't really have a need to tow anything, but I have heard that if you tow a lot you might want to go up to a 2500 truck no matter which brand. My truck is basically a road queen with the exception of going to home depot every other week or so. But it is awesome for tailgating with friends!

Also, I'm not a smart phone guy but I have heard that the apple products don't play well with the radio in the RAM. They might have fixed it by now, but again, I'm not a smart phone guy.

Some suggestions for looking, do your research, look at truck specific forums, test drive all of them (its fun to do anyway). All the trucks are nice products so you can't really go wrong. They will all last to well over 100k miles and most will probably get you to 300k if you want them to. The diesels will last even longer and may never actually break.

Figure out what features are must haves versus nice to have, i.e. navigation, folding seats, flat floor in the rear, moon roof vs sliding rear window vs both. Do you want to lift the truck after your purchase or do you plan on getting new wheels/tires? Which bed cover are you looking at, do you want a bed liner? folding mirrors or folding tow mirrors, leather, ac seats, heated seats and steering wheel, bench front seat or buckets, storage areas, etc.

Good Luck with the new purchase and enjoy it.

RBZ Stage 2 Tour Driver Adjusted to 10.5*
RBZ Stage 2, 3 tour Hybrid Adjusted to 17*
Titleist CB712 3-PW
Titleist Vokey 56* wedge
Nike Method Core 4 Putter

Just wondering, what's up with most guys here putting their clubs either in the cab or under a lid or with some kind of padding? According to the responses in the 'iron head covers' threads, you are supposed to get your clubs dinged up, and I have never had anything stolen out of the bed of my trucks ever, although if I know I'm going to be gone a long time anywhere except my CC, I do put stuff in the cab.

Just traded in my '06 F-150 6 months ago. Miss it. As to putting the clubs in the bed: i had a rubber liner for the floor of the bed. When I put my clubs in the bed, I would cover the clubs with the zippered bag/rain cover. Protected the clubheads. If I was stopping, or hanging out after a round, I put the clubs on the floor of the back seat and covered it with a large towel to keep it out of view.

I've owned a couple of pickup trucks over the years. There is a short list of vehicles I think every American man should own at least one of during his life: a pickup, a Jeep, and / or a Mustang.

I'm looking for a clean used pickup right now and I am stunned at resale values. I know new trucks have gotten expensive, but I understand why. I am staggered at what a reasonably clean 10+ year-old truck with ~100K miles sells for!

First truck was a 1990 Chevy C1500 Cheyenne extended cab. It had only three options from a completely base truck: Cloth seats, a 4-speed automatic transmission, and a sliding rear window. Had rubber flooring (no carpet), the 262 V6, manual locks, manual windows, no A/C, and no radio. This truck never had the best care but it never, ever failed me and was a great rig. That 262 was agricultural at best, but it sure was reliable. This truck definitely had the GM hair-trigger throttle to make the truck feel faster than it was.

Upgraded to a 1997 Ford F150 XLT extended cab. This one felt like a luxury car, complete with carpet, A/C, power windows and locks. This one had the 256 V6 and a five-speed manual. Fun truck to drive but soon after I bought it I started traveling 100% for work and it made no sense to have a brand new truck and brand new truck payment for the truck to sit in airport parking six days of the week. As I remember Ford eventually had to recall all of these motors but I do not remember why, because I sold the truck and bought a cheap car that sat at the airport while I was away.

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

PXG 0211 8i - GW….+3.5”

Cleveland Smart Sole GW, SW

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

I've owned a couple of pickup trucks over the years. There is a short list of vehicles I think every American man should own at least one of during his life: a pickup, a Jeep, and / or a Mustang.

I'm looking for a clean used pickup right now and I am stunned at resale values. I know new trucks have gotten expensive, but I understand why. I am staggered at what a reasonably clean 10+ year-old truck with ~100K miles sells for!

We run into that a lot. You can really tell the people who haven't car shopped for a while, they are just floored by used prices. It's just as bad when I go to the auction, anything low mileage (and there aren't many of them) now brings close to retail value.

First truck was a 1990 Chevy C1500 Cheyenne extended cab. It had only three options from a completely base truck: Cloth seats, a 4-speed automatic transmission, and a sliding rear window. Had rubber flooring (no carpet), the 262 V6, manual locks, manual windows, no A/C, and no radio. This truck never had the best care but it never, ever failed me and was a great rig. That 262 was agricultural at best, but it sure was reliable. This truck definitely had the GM hair-trigger throttle to make the truck feel faster than it was.

Upgraded to a 1997 Ford F150 XLT extended cab. This one felt like a luxury car, complete with carpet, A/C, power windows and locks. This one had the 256 V6 and a five-speed manual. Fun truck to drive but soon after I bought it I started traveling 100% for work and it made no sense to have a brand new truck and brand new truck payment for the truck to sit in airport parking six days of the week. As I remember Ford eventually had to recall all of these motors but I do not remember why, because I sold the truck and bought a cheap car that sat at the airport while I was away.

Agreed. The Jeep will be next vehicle I get. I'm hoping to read more about long term reliability with Jeep hearing/reading some really terrible issues (not sure if it was the 2014 or 2015 that had tons of problems). Going to get some LED headlight conversions for the F150. Other than that, only other thing I'll add is probably some black wheels and larger tires, not sure if I want to do a level or lift kit though since I'd like to keep most parts stock.

Was thinking hard of trading the truck in in the past couple of months but there's nothing like driving a pickup and having the towering height over most cars. Just an awesome feeling (except when you gotta park in a tiny @ss space)

Titleist TSR2 8* or Callaway AI Smoke Max 9*???

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Nike Dymo 5w

Titleist 917f2 7w

Nike VR TW blade/split cavity- 4-PW

Cobra Snakebite 52*

Titleist Vokey 60*

Taylormade MySpider Tour X 

Not really a pickup but more of a light truck. For my first car Ill be spending a little extra to get what I want and to be different from the crowd ( no usual toyota camry). Looking at buyimg an old Holden 1 tonner or kingswood ute. Getting the 8 version (cant beat the sound of a lumpy cam 8) and have plans to lower one on lowering blocks, new front end (deville), gts/monaro v8 Cowl bonnet and catback on the back. Gonna have it sitting on deep dish stockies. I might sound like im speaking another language to Americans but this an old school classic Australian Muscle ute. Another aussie will know what I am babbling on about. (Pic for reference). And I will probably put a checker plate tool box on the back for my clubs.

How many guys here are diesel truck owners? Thinking of moving to a diesel after this but not sure I can justify since I don't really tow anything.
One here. They won't break on you much but when they do...... Break out the wallet. If you don't tow much you'll have a hard time stomaching the bills. If you don't tow hopefully you've got a decent commute and put some good miles on it. IMO lots of idling and stop and go traffic is not what they like.

Not really a pickup but more of a light truck. For my first car Ill be spending a little extra to get what I want and to be different from the crowd ( no usual toyota camry). Looking at buyimg an old Holden 1 tonner or kingswood ute. Getting the 8 version (cant beat the sound of a lumpy cam 8) and have plans to lower one on lowering blocks, new front end (deville), gts/monaro v8 Cowl bonnet and catback on the back. Gonna have it sitting on deep dish stockies. I might sound like im speaking another language to Americans but this an old school classic Australian Muscle ute. Another aussie will know what I am babbling on about. (Pic for reference). And I will probably put a checker plate tool box on the back for my clubs.

I am not an Aussie but I know exactly what you are talking about because I am also a gearhead. And do I spot a Western Star road tractor there in the background?

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

Irons 5 thru 9 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

PW-- 1962 Macgregor FC-400 11 iron Pro Pel 2 shaft

SW -- Callaway Mac Daddy 52* 

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Ping Zing 2 SS Fluted Bulls Eye shaft

Down to only 11 clubs playing the best since my accident

My Pickup 96 Dodge Dakota built from junk 2.5 4 cylinder Chrysler corporate engine. Exhaust scavanged from several type cars. Nice Patina 260K showing on speedo but I did roll a set of mains and rods in it a couple of years ago when I did the timing chain and oil pump. If going directly to play golf throw my sticks in the back and go. Typical redneck beachy pick up. It is the one in my Avaitar If I go far off to play I take the wife's 2010 Grand Caravan the A/C works on it.

Work truck 2015 Mack Pinnacle CHX 615-- You will not catch me near that thing on the weekends and holidays or at night either. I truck but I sleep in my bed every night at home

BTW The Dakota has a genuine 1957 LJ Mack Bulldog on the hood the guys over on the confessions side here call it the "Mini Bulldog"

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

Irons 5 thru 9 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

PW-- 1962 Macgregor FC-400 11 iron Pro Pel 2 shaft

SW -- Callaway Mac Daddy 52* 

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Ping Zing 2 SS Fluted Bulls Eye shaft

Down to only 11 clubs playing the best since my accident