MEMBER REVIEWS: Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro White shafts.

Has anyone seen these hats? I wonder why they didn't send with the Whites, it seems like a perfect compliment.

Please tell me where you can get this hat!! :)

I was told it was only a small promotional run they did; I imagine they sent it to their best accounts and tour.

That's crappy. I'll have to send some emails and make some calls

PM sent

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to MRC and WRX for this test! Really excited to get the TENSEI CK Pro White in my Hands, since I was a whiteboard fanboy forever.

As everyone did, I received an amazing box full of stuff. I had requested 60TX, and received that in CK White, and the surprise, Blue! For this process, I'm going to show the White, and comparison, and will add the Blue in the coming days.

A little about me:

29 Years Old

Reinstated Amateur, played mini tours back in the day. Now, I compete probably 10 times a year.

College Golf Coach

Play/Practice a couple times a week

110 mph (Sorry WRX, this is all I've got..) Most recent revision scores attached below.

Testing Contols:

Trackman III - 2016 ProV1 X's - 76 Degrees - SeaLevel (342 feet) - Data is NOT normalized, as conditions were.

Current Set Up:

Titleist 915 D3 - 8.5* - Project X HZRDUS 6.5 Prototype 65G @ 44.5" - D2

Look, the fact of the matter is, I'm not all that long. Driving is a strength of my game, fairways are good (in my opinion), and I often on the course hit a VERY low punch driver, because I like playing from the short stuff. I really liked how this set up felt, it was VERY stable, misses were pushed (which I like, one side), and it actually felt like the OG Whiteboard to me. I like that low-torque, boardy feeling (it's the feeling of control, right?)

Here's my baseline for this driver:

Not horrible, but not great. Spins a little much, launches okay, but again, I knew where it was going, and liked the feel, so, no big deal. If the course was firm, I could scoot it out to 300 yards, and for me, that's plenty. I'll figure out how to score from there.

Tensei White - 60TX - 44.5" - A4 Setting (Same)

Lot's has been talked about when it comes to how good this shaft looks, and I'll echo that. It is beautiful. I actually don't like colored shafts, and tend to seek out black, or single color shafts (only exception to this has been UST Attas Elements Proto, that's my jam). I'm an old school guy, still wear Classics/Icons and FJ shirts, so, sue me. But, this thing is sweet looking. The carbon fiber coming through is awesome, and, it's just sleek. Sexy.

I popped it into my 915, and it felt a little light. Eh, no big deal. Other than that, swinging it felt good. Little 'looser' than the HZRDUS, but, that's not a bad thing, plus, I haven't even hit one yet.

Teed it up, and well, here ya go:

Just a rocket. Lowered spin, picked up a ton of carry yardage, raised launch, and the feel is VERY smooth. It's tight, yet powerful. Now, Trackman showed I got 18 yards of carry...doubtful on course at gamer speed, but it's going to be a significant flight difference, with about 700 RPMs of spin lower.

I'm taking them out to the course today to test, and see. But wanted to update the thread ASAP, so I got some data up for conversation purposes. 11:20 tee time this AM, so I'll be checking in from there, and have more playability from the course today.

Early opinion:

This shaft is amazing. Incredibly low spin, without sacrificing any feel. Could be the holy grail for a lot of players. Really, really impressed.

What a great performance increase

Played the Tensei White 70TX tipped half inch in a PXG 3 wood......first of all its kinda heavy and a little boardy...however it is explosive shaft that keeps a tight line and very low spin.......I noticed that even though the shaft was too stiff for me, the results were very very good......Im recovering from Elbow Tendonitis but hope to be able to game it better in the near future.....It definitely is a special shaft and i have just ordered a blue 70TX and a White 60 TX for my driver......Im not that good a golfer but i can see how a powerful golfer with a good swing would love this shaft !!!!! Will report back once my shafts come in.....My swing maxes out at 105 on the launch monitor but i seem to be a bit faster and longer outdoors.....

Anyone able to share feel/performance between D+ Ltd and CK Pro White?

917 D2 8.50* - Tensei CK Pro White 60
917 F2 13.5* - Rogue Max 70
816 H2 19.0* - D+ Plus 90
716 T-MB (3i, 4i) - Modus 120
716 CB (5-PW) - Modus 120
Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
Edel Deschutes

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1457364-pitchinwedges-witb/page__p__15152218#entry15152218"][color=#0000ff][b]Photo WITB[/b][/color][/url]

• 3 weeks later...

Looking likeTiger his hitting the M2 with Tensei White at Hero this week according the video on the front page this morning.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Thanks to MRC and WRX for this test! Really excited to get the TENSEI CK Pro White in my Hands, since I was a whiteboard fanboy forever.

As everyone did, I received an amazing box full of stuff. I had requested 60TX, and received that in CK White, and the surprise, Blue! For this process, I'm going to show the White, and comparison, and will add the Blue in the coming days.

A little about me:

29 Years Old

Reinstated Amateur, played mini tours back in the day. Now, I compete probably 10 times a year.

College Golf Coach

Play/Practice a couple times a week

110 mph (Sorry WRX, this is all I've got..) Most recent revision scores attached below.

Testing Contols:

Trackman III - 2016 ProV1 X's - 76 Degrees - SeaLevel (342 feet) - Data is NOT normalized, as conditions were.

Current Set Up:

Titleist 915 D3 - 8.5* - Project X HZRDUS 6.5 Prototype 65G @ 44.5" - D2

Look, the fact of the matter is, I'm not all that long. Driving is a strength of my game, fairways are good (in my opinion), and I often on the course hit a VERY low punch driver, because I like playing from the short stuff. I really liked how this set up felt, it was VERY stable, misses were pushed (which I like, one side), and it actually felt like the OG Whiteboard to me. I like that low-torque, boardy feeling (it's the feeling of control, right?)

Here's my baseline for this driver:

Not horrible, but not great. Spins a little much, launches okay, but again, I knew where it was going, and liked the feel, so, no big deal. If the course was firm, I could scoot it out to 300 yards, and for me, that's plenty. I'll figure out how to score from there.

Tensei White - 60TX - 44.5" - A4 Setting (Same)

Lot's has been talked about when it comes to how good this shaft looks, and I'll echo that. It is beautiful. I actually don't like colored shafts, and tend to seek out black, or single color shafts (only exception to this has been UST Attas Elements Proto, that's my jam). I'm an old school guy, still wear Classics/Icons and FJ shirts, so, sue me. But, this thing is sweet looking. The carbon fiber coming through is awesome, and, it's just sleek. Sexy.

I popped it into my 915, and it felt a little light. Eh, no big deal. Other than that, swinging it felt good. Little 'looser' than the HZRDUS, but, that's not a bad thing, plus, I haven't even hit one yet.

Teed it up, and well, here ya go:

Just a rocket. Lowered spin, picked up a ton of carry yardage, raised launch, and the feel is VERY smooth. It's tight, yet powerful. Now, Trackman showed I got 18 yards of carry...doubtful on course at gamer speed, but it's going to be a significant flight difference, with about 700 RPMs of spin lower.

I'm taking them out to the course today to test, and see. But wanted to update the thread ASAP, so I got some data up for conversation purposes. 11:20 tee time this AM, so I'll be checking in from there, and have more playability from the course today.

Early opinion:

This shaft is amazing. Incredibly low spin, without sacrificing any feel. Could be the holy grail for a lot of players. Really, really impressed.

What a great performance increase

Great review Backwards. Curious if you spent some time with the Tensei Blue as well? If so, how did it compare to White? I know they're different profile shafts. I played with Blue 60TX early this season and found it a little soft. Went back to Rogue 125 Silver.

I played OG whiteboard for years and loved it...so still intrigued by Tensei White.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on some shafts I'm trying to test soon. I currently game a 910D3 with a Project X7c3. I am a 2-4 hcp with a SS of around 110mph. I used to hit this set up really well. For some reason, it has started to balloon on me rather than have a penetrating ball flight.

I have now purchased a 915D3 that has a Rogue 125 in it (only played one round with it). So I want to buy a few different shafts to test. So along with the Rogue 125, I am considering: Tour AD DI7s, Oban Purple (either 65/05 or 75/05) and Tensei Pro White 70TX. Anybody with some opinions on these shafts would be helpful. I am open to other options as well.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on some shafts I'm trying to test soon. I currently game a 910D3 with a Project X7c3. I am a 2-4 hcp with a SS of around 110mph. I used to hit this set up really well. For some reason, it has started to balloon on me rather than have a penetrating ball flight.

I have now purchased a 915D3 that has a Rogue 125 in it (only played one round with it). So I want to buy a few different shafts to test. So along with the Rogue 125, I am considering: Tour AD DI7s, Oban Purple (either 65/05 or 75/05) and Tensei Pro White 70TX. Anybody with some opinions on these shafts would be helpful. I am open to other options as well.

I have the 915 and 917 D3s and have hit a few of the shafts in each that you are asking about. I still game the Rogue 125, for the record and was one of the testers on WRX for the Tensei White which I have in 70TX.

Rogue, for me, tends to be my perfect trajectory and spin numbers. I don't have pictures on this computer to post, but I tend to get around 11 launch with 2500 spin with a gentle 2 yard fade (my desired shot) .

The Tensei Pro White I found I needed to bump the loft of the driver up 1 surefit notch (again, for me) to get very similar numbers with 10.5 launch and 2400 spin with what was typically a 1 yard draw. I had no issue with this shaft, but was more comfortable with the Rogue. I will most likely end up getting another, maybe higher lofted head, to do some more side by side comparisons with. I really liked the Tensei White, and wasn't as much a fan of the Blue. I am also looking to get an Orange to try in this head as well.

I found the AD-DI to be best suited for me in fairway woods, as I just didn't like the feel of the shaft in my driver. It gave me good numbers but spun slightly more than the rogue and Tensei did with like 2650 average and 11 launch with my stock A1 setting on the 917. This was purely a feel thing, and I'm sure that's part of why I didn't get as good of numbers with it as I did with the other 2.

I have the 915 and 917 D3s and have hit a few of the shafts in each that you are asking about. I still game the Rogue 125, for the record and was one of the testers on WRX for the Tensei White which I have in 70TX.

Rogue, for me, tends to be my perfect trajectory and spin numbers. I don't have pictures on this computer to post, but I tend to get around 11 launch with 2500 spin with a gentle 2 yard fade (my desired shot) .

The Tensei Pro White I found I needed to bump the loft of the driver up 1 surefit notch (again, for me) to get very similar numbers with 10.5 launch and 2400 spin with what was typically a 1 yard draw. I had no issue with this shaft, but was more comfortable with the Rogue. I will most likely end up getting another, maybe higher lofted head, to do some more side by side comparisons with. I really liked the Tensei White, and wasn't as much a fan of the Blue. I am also looking to get an Orange to try in this head as well.

I found the AD-DI to be best suited for me in fairway woods, as I just didn't like the feel of the shaft in my driver. It gave me good numbers but spun slightly more than the rogue and Tensei did with like 2650 average and 11 launch with my stock A1 setting on the 917. This was purely a feel thing, and I'm sure that's part of why I didn't get as good of numbers with it as I did with the other 2.

Midwest, sorry to take this off-topic for a moment... besides the color, sound, and feel, what differences do you find between the 915 and 917 with the same shafts? Thanks!

Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
Edel Deschutes

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1457364-pitchinwedges-witb/page__p__15152218#entry15152218"][color=#0000ff][b]Photo WITB[/b][/color][/url]

Awesome, thanks for the feedback! I have heard the Orange v2 is fantastic and I would love to test it but I don't have anyway of getting one. The Rogue 125 definitely brought the traj down from the Project X which is good but it was a bit lower than I would have liked and I haven't really had the time to mess with settings yet given the season in Iowa has now changed to non-golf weather.

Midwest, sorry to take this off-topic for a moment... besides the color, sound, and feel, what differences do you find between the 915 and 917 with the same shafts? Thanks!

That's about it. The 915 spins slightly more but not enough for me personally to make the switch had I not gotten the deal I did.

Appreciate the response!

Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
Edel Deschutes

anyone else notice that this shaft with a low spin head won't spin enough?? I have mine in my sub zero and it just will not get over 2100 rpms...

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

anyone else notice that this shaft with a low spin head won't spin enough?? I have mine in my sub zero and it just will not get over 2100 rpms...

You might like blue or better yet, orange even better. 2100 is fine as long as you get the launch angle to compliment it. That's the beauty of tensei orange v2.

You might like blue or better yet, orange even better. 2100 is fine as long as you get the launch angle to compliment it. That's the beauty of tensei orange v2.

I was getting between 13-15 so, I think I was ok there...was just shocked to see some in the really low 1000's...

fwiw, I LOVE my blue 80TX

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

I was getting between 13-15 so, I think I was ok there...was just shocked to see some in the really low 1000's...

You just can't miss toe side or its that knuckle hook that is a death miss. The low spin cut is your friend. And yes, Tensei Pro White is just about the lowest spin thing out there at the moment, minus maybe kkdc xt proto.

You just can't miss toe side or its that knuckle hook that is a death miss. The low spin cut is your friend. And yes, Tensei Pro White is just about the lowest spin thing out there at the moment, minus maybe kkdc xt proto.

ironically that's my preferred shot shape -- so that is a good thing. yes, this shaft is without a doubt the lowest spinning shaft I've ever hit. quite an awesome shaft -- feel is incredible and the tip feedback is phenomenal for such a stiff beast.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

ironically that's my preferred shot shape -- so that is a good thing. yes, this shaft is without a doubt the lowest spinning shaft I've ever hit. quite an awesome shaft -- feel is incredible and the tip feedback is phenomenal for such a stiff beast.

That's the amazing thing about Tensei Pro line and the new Dual core XT shafts. They are so low spin, but still retain feel as well as never feeling demanding. The balance point is different but it's sort of like two different methods of accomplishing the same thing. Amazing stuff from Mitsubishi.

That's the amazing thing about Tensei Pro line and the new Dual core XT shafts. They are so low spin, but still retain feel as well as never feeling demanding. The balance point is different but it's sort of like two different methods of accomplishing the same thing. Amazing stuff from Mitsubishi.

How does the feel, launch, spin and balance point compare on the Tensei White vs the KK Dual Core XT? (I'd imagine that the launch and spin would be pretty similar, but I'm really interested for in depth thoughts on the feel difference and the balance point between the two shafts)

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

How does the feel, launch, spin and balance point compare on the Tensei White vs the KK Dual Core XT? (I'd imagine that the launch and spin would be pretty similar, but I'm really interested for in depth thoughts on the feel difference and the balance point between the two shafts)

Maybe I should post a review of the 3 since this question comes up so often and the info is so spread out.

Maybe I should post a review of the 3 since this question comes up so often and the info is so spread out.

That would be great!

Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Haha..i have the same experience...i think i might have to go down a flex ! My Tensei white is just awesome when i nail it but that low hook that won't elevate comes into play once i get tired. The White is smooth feeling and super low spin. Believe it or not but the Orange is low spin and feels even better but it does give a higher launch and feels about a quarter flex softer. As for the blue, i found that shaft to be perfect in a fairway wood. The blue was very good in the driver but not outstanding like the white or orange but in the FW, it is special !

* Thats exactly why I love Tensei, its super low spin but not demanding at all.....it will perform on your best day and worst day ( but yes u have to look out for too little spin )

Haha..i have the same experience...i think i might have to go down a flex ! My Tensei white is just awesome when i nail it but that low hook that won't elevate comes into play once i get tired. The White is smooth feeling and super low spin. Believe it or not but the Orange is low spin and feels even better but it does give a higher launch and feels about a quarter flex softer. As for the blue, i found that shaft to be perfect in a fairway wood. The blue was very good in the driver but not outstanding like the white or orange but in the FW, it is special !

* Thats exactly why I love Tensei, its super low spin but not demanding at all.....it will perform on your best day and worst day ( but yes u have to look out for too little spin )

Are you talking about version 1 or version 2 of the Orange?

Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

That would be great!

I'll put that together and post it.

Are you talking about version 1 or version 2 of the Orange?

Version 2

So unfortunate that a beloved model like the Tensei Orange won't be mass produced. Everyone loves it. Same story with tour issue putter models.

Its becoming a very frustrating pattern. I will email Diamana (probably won't change anything) BUT I suggest that many do the same. Lets try to get this mass released?

So unfortunate that a beloved model like the Tensei Orange won't be mass produced. Everyone loves it. Same story with tour issue putter models.

Its becoming a very frustrating pattern. I will email Diamana (probably won't change anything) BUT I suggest that many do the same. Lets try to get this mass released?

There is a good chance that the V3 model that Fowler uses may see production. V2 will not.

There is a good chance that the V3 model that Fowler uses may see production. V2 will not.

Hey man would you know difference between v2 and V3. Thanks you're a legend