2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro White shafts.

I'm seeing an uncut Orange V2 70TX on the Bay right now. Some selling the V3 - make sure you get the rare and hot V2.

Can't be too many of these to be found any more.

I love my Orange V2 60TX!

Texsport

Mizuno GT180 10.5*/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 5 X
Tour Edge Exotics CB F2 PRO 15.5* Limited/Speeder 757 EVO 7.1X (Gene Sauers club)
Titleist 915 18*/Fubuki K 80X
Titleist 913 Hybrid 21*/Tour Blue 105X (Matt Jones' club) (OR) TM Burner 4-iron/Aldila RIP 115 Tour S
Wilson Staff V4 5 and 6/Aerotech Fibersteel 110 S
MacGregor PRO M 7-PM/Aldila RIP 115 Tour S
Edel 50*/KBS 610 S
Scratch JMO Grind Don White 56*/DG X-100
Cobra Trusty Rusty Tour 64*/DG S-200
The Cure CX2 putter

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody grabbed the Orange V2 - made a great purchase!

Texsport

Mizuno GT180 10.5*/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 5 X
Tour Edge Exotics CB F2 PRO 15.5* Limited/Speeder 757 EVO 7.1X (Gene Sauers club)
Titleist 915 18*/Fubuki K 80X
Titleist 913 Hybrid 21*/Tour Blue 105X (Matt Jones' club) (OR) TM Burner 4-iron/Aldila RIP 115 Tour S
Wilson Staff V4 5 and 6/Aerotech Fibersteel 110 S
MacGregor PRO M 7-PM/Aldila RIP 115 Tour S
Edel 50*/KBS 610 S
Scratch JMO Grind Don White 56*/DG X-100
Cobra Trusty Rusty Tour 64*/DG S-200
The Cure CX2 putter

• 5 weeks later...

Can anyone provide me a measurement of some sort for an untipped Pro White? Im seeing conflicting measurements from people. Im trying to verify if a shaft I have has been tipped.

I had called MRC. The tip to the "P' in Boron Tip is exactly 6 inches. If an adapter is already installed, the tip of the adapter to the "P" will be slightly more than 6 inches. Good luck.

917 D2 8.50* - Tensei CK Pro White 60
917 F2 13.5* - Rogue Max 70
816 H2 19.0* - D+ Plus 90
716 T-MB (3i, 4i) - Modus 120
716 CB (5-PW) - Modus 120
Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
Edel Deschutes

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1457364-pitchinwedges-witb/page__p__15152218#entry15152218"][color=#0000ff][b]Photo WITB[/b][/color][/url]

I can't wait to find somewhere around here to try one of these out. Really liked the ahina 70, and been using the rogue silver but, even that (the 110x version) feels less stable than I want. Sounds like this is very stable but still has some feel.

I notice the Broncos logo. If you are in the Denver area you are welcome to try my 60TX as well as my Pro Orange.

Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track

I can't wait to find somewhere around here to try one of these out. Really liked the ahina 70, and been using the rogue silver but, even that (the 110x version) feels less stable than I want. Sounds like this is very stable but still has some feel.

I notice the Broncos logo. If you are in the Denver area you are welcome to try my 60TX as well as my Pro Orange.

Thank you i may have to i live about 45 mins from denver.

• 3 weeks later...

Took my new Pro Blue 60S to the course and found it to be very soft + a ton of kick at the tip. For those who have had similar experience with Blue, did you have success moving up in flex/weight with Blue? Or just changing over to White?

Now I have to make a decision on what to try next. My SS is around 105-107mph and previous gamer is Kai'li 70S which I liked a lot. So Blue 70S seems like the easy choice, but based on how soft 60S felt I'm worried 70S won't be much of a difference. Tough choice between 60TX, 70S, or White 60S/TX. How would you guys describe the difference in feel between Blue and White? Any help would be appreciated.

Bandon Dunes 2016
Scottsdale 2017
Pinehurst 2018
Masters 2019

Bandon Dunes 2022

Did you tip the Blue?

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

A couple of Ping reps. have said the CK pro blue is testing better than the kuro kage, x Torsion, hzardus, Alta, both weight Ping tour shafts in the G400 LST, but nobody wants to pay that much..

Nobody buying a stock driver is going to pay the upcharge usually. Most better players I have contact with just buy the club for the head, dump the stock shaft, and load up the best of the best. Two different mindsets.

Took my new Pro Blue 60S to the course and found it to be very soft + a ton of kick at the tip. For those who have had similar experience with Blue, did you have success moving up in flex/weight with Blue? Or just changing over to White?

Now I have to make a decision on what to try next. My SS is around 105-107mph and previous gamer is Kai'li 70S which I liked a lot. So Blue 70S seems like the easy choice, but based on how soft 60S felt I'm worried 70S won't be much of a difference. Tough choice between 60TX, 70S, or White 60S/TX. How would you guys describe the difference in feel between Blue and White? Any help would be appreciated.

Two very different profiles. Blue is butt stiff and tip soft and white is the exact opposite.

A couple of Ping reps. have said the CK pro blue is testing better than the kuro kage, x Torsion, hzardus, Alta, both weight Ping tour shafts in the G400 LST, but nobody wants to pay that much..

I just recently had the white 60TX tipped 1" in my 8.5 M1 440 and it was just the worst combination I have ever hit of any driver. I couldn't get that thing in the air and when I did it went right...

I picked up a 400 LST with the Tour 65X and it's just awesome... I can't say enough good things about it ... but now you post this about the Pro Blue lol..now I feel compelled to pick up one to try

• 2 months later...

Big thanks to MRC and WRX for the opportunity to test both. I put my name in the hat to get a chance to test the Tensei White as I was looking for something to spin along the same lines as the BB6 and wouldn't you know it, I received a PM with the opportunity I was hoping for!

I was actually fiddling between the Tensei Blue, Kuro Kage Silver and Tour AD BB 6 in my 915 for the last month and have to say, the Tensei really surprised me. Spin numbers were 300-500rpm higher than both the Kuro Kage and BB6, but what impressed me the most was the control I felt I had with the Tensei over both. I've always been a big fan of the Tour AD line, mostly because I gravitate towards shafts that are softer up in the handle, but offer stability in the mid-section all the way down into the tip. The Tensei Blue delivers just that and if I were to compare it to any shaft I've tried in the MRC line, I'd have to say the Diamana B series would be a mirror image. I've since switched to the M2 and will be giving the Tensei White a test in the M2 which is proving to be a better fit for me, numbers wise. All testers were lucky enough to receive both a Tensei Blue and Tensei White; with already having experienced the Tensei Blue in the 915 and not achieving the numbers I wanted, I'll be putting both through the paces and will report back on the differences I see and feel.

I'll post pictures before I leave on vacation tomorrow with the box I received from MRC, and will complete my review upon my return. Had these plans well before the contest was even announced, so my apologies to WRX and MRC for any delays.

Hello and thanks for taking the time to read this. My questions is if I should try the Pro White 70 Stiff in my 3 wood.

I play a KK XT 6S shaft (tipped half inch) with Epic Sub Zero driver set to 8.0 degrees (I would say I am a serious player of the game for only 2 years and growing to love this shaft each and everyday). My swing speed is about 105 and I carry on average no less than 250 yards. I also used to play the KK XT6S(also tipped half inch) in an 2017 M2 3 wood and I carry from 230-250 yards.

I recently, for God knows why, switched to a Epic SubZero 3 wood(the club head feels fine so far) with a Tour AD TP7X shaft. This is where the trouble starts! I am getting SUPER SUPER high ball flight, the feel of a lady flex shaft(i used to be able to jam the ball with my old three wood combo), and only 210 carry and pretty much no control or confidence on the ball flight!

I would hope to know how the Pro White 70S feel compared to a KK XT 60S(which does feel a bit kicky and light). Assuming Pro White is going to be much more stable or “strong” compared to the Tour AD TP7X, which is also an X-stiff? Do you see any problems for me to get the ball airborne with the Pro White 70S?

Hello and thanks for taking the time to read this. My questions is if I should try the Pro White 70 Stiff in my 3 wood, any comments is appreciated.

I play a KK XT 6S shaft (tipped 0.5) with Epic Sub Zero driver set to 8.0 degrees (I would say I am a serious player of the game for only 2 years and growing to love this shaft each and everyday). My swing speed is about 105 and I carry on average no less than 250 yards. I also used to play the KK XT6S(also tipped 0.5) in an 2017 M2 3 wood and I carry from 230-250 yards.

I recently, for God knows why, switched to a Epic SubZero 3 wood(the club head feels fine so far) with a Tour AD TP7X shaft. This is where the trouble starts! I am getting SUPER SUPER high ball flight, the feel of a lady flex shaft(i used to be able to jam the ball with my old three wood combo), and only 210 carry and pretty much no control or confidence on the ball flight!

I would hope to know how the Pro White 70S feel compared to a KK XT 60S(which does feel a bit kicky and light). Assuming Pro White is going to be much more stable or “strong” compared to the Tour AD TP7X, which is also an X-stiff? Do you see any problems for me to get the ball airborne with the Pro White 70S?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm ordering an m3 8.5. I tried the stock ck white 70x at the golf store. I've always played a shaft between 65-68grams. but now I'm wondering if I should get the ck pro white 70x instead of the pro 60x. Anyone have any opinions or insight on what you think would be better for me. My swing result average numbers at the store were:

Launch- 13.1

swing speed- 113.2

ball speed-164.15

total spin-1775

I'm ordering an m3 8.5. I tried the stock ck white 70x at the golf store. I've always played a shaft between 65-68grams. but now I'm wondering if I should get the ck pro white 70x instead of the pro 60x. Anyone have any opinions or insight on what you think would be better for me. My swing result average numbers at the store were:

Launch- 13.1

swing speed- 113.2

ball speed-164.15

total spin-1775

1775 with the Stock? That’s actually too low. It’s shockingly low. Wouldn’t consider the 70tx for a second. You want your spin numbers at least at 2000 with that swing speed. Difficult to even keep the ball in the air on a mishit.

I’d go Stock and save some money. Maybe even a different shaft altogether with more spin.

Launch- 13.1

swing speed- 113.2

ball speed-164.15

total spin-1775

If that's the stock non pro white don't get the pro. It will spin too little. You need more spin, not less. Pro Blue might be a better choice.

• 1 month later...

Recently picked up a srixon 545 8.5 degree with a kuro kage black 60s. Dispersion was terrible. Tried it 3 different range trips. Ball flight was good when it went straight. But just fell out of the sky. Went to a different range today and was chatting with the pro. And he happened to have a ck blue with a srixon adapter in the back. Wow what a difference. All I was lacking was some spin to get a consistent ball flight. Higher launch and more penetrating ball flight for sure.

Will be picking it up next week.

$135 with adapter and brand new tour velvet 360.

Taylormade Sim 9.0° Diamana ZF 60 stiff

Taylormade Sim Ti 15° Diamana ZF 70 stiff

Cobra F7 4-5 Ti 18.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 stiff

Ping G25 Hybrid 23° Kbs C-Taper Lite stiff 

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0

Cobra MiM Black 50°v, 56°v, 60°w Kbs Hi-REV 2.0 125 stiff 

Maltby Ptm-1

Srixon Z-Star 

Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Bagboy Nitron 

has anyone tried both the 60s and 60x pro white?

i have the stiff but my spin is still around 3000.

my ss is 100 - 105.

im thinking of swapping the stiff for the x to try and bring the spin down but i dont know if i can handle it with my speed.

Driver: M2, Ventus black

3w: Mizuno st 200, tense I blue

Hybrid: Mizuno clk 19

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 tours

wedges: Bettinardi HLX 3.0

Putter: Scotty Cameron H19

• 4 months later...

Pro white vs diamana W?

Pro white, smoother feel, slightly more feel in the handle, lower spin, slightly lower launch. Pro White feels refined and stays smooth on easy or attack swings and never feels loose. The Diamana is less linear in the lower portion in terms of feel and is crisper and more rigid feeling on smoother swings.

• 2 months later...

Reviving an old thread here but the Tensei Pro White 60S that I just put in my '17 M2 has to be the best shaft I have ever played. MCA nailed it with this one.

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND