MEMBER REVIEWS: Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro White shafts.

Big question to all of the testers. Is the shaft good enough that you would spend the $400 on it that mitsubishi Prices it at?

I didn't test it for the site, but I've had one for months, and I can say definitively, YES. The second version of the profile, only out on tour, type 2 orange is even better. I was lucky enough to get one of those from a member of this site and it is amazing.

I have an Orange that I'm testing. Any idea how to differentiate between the two versions?

Yes. I will send you a PM.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big question to all of the testers. Is the shaft good enough that you would spend the $400 on it that mitsubishi Prices it at?

I didn't test it for the site, but I've had one for months, and I can say definitively, YES. The second version of the profile, only out on tour, type 2 orange is even better. I was lucky enough to get one of those from a member of this site and it is amazing.

I have an Orange that I'm testing. Any idea how to differentiate between the two versions?

TollBros, could you post in here how to differentiate between the 2 orange versions? Maybe some specs as well, if you have those?

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

TollBros, could you post in here how to differentiate between the 2 orange versions? Maybe some specs as well, if you have those?

I will email the guy I bought it from just to make sure that is okay, and that I post things correctly. I don't want to offend anyone or post any misinformation.

Finally got around to doing my final test for these shafts which is side by side comparison out on the course, had to get up at the crack of dawn so I could walk to the 18th tee and be uninterrupted for an hour. All I took with me was my driver and the 3 shafts, 2 dozen new golf balls (2016 chrome soft) my bushnall laser and some foot powder spray. The 18th at my course (Horsley Lodge) plays slightly uphill and off the back pots on the day of testing measured 428 yards. Weather was fine with no wind and a temperature of 8 degrees C, ground conditions were damp with a heavy dew on the grass. The only criteria I had for this test was that the shots were struck from the middle of the club face hence why I took the foot powder spray, I wanted 6 well struck drives with each shaft and an average total distance from the tee was measured as well as a dispersion circle.

First up was the CK White

I hit 6 shots all struck out the meat of the club, all 6 shots found the fairway, the average distance from the tee was 271 yards with a dispersion circle of 14 yards, as I said previously this shafts has really impressed me with how tight the dispersion is.

Next up was the CK Blue

I had to hit 10 balls to get 6 struck out of the middle, I find this shaft has more of a kick towards the tip which I presume is why it launches higher, I struggle a little getting the timing right with this shaft. Total distance averaged at 264 yards, less roll out with this shaft, dispersion circle was 24 yards with 3 of the 6 shots missing the fairway but only lying in the first cut of rough.

Lastly the Aldila Rogue Silver

I had to hit 14 balls to get 6 shots out of the middle, and even then the dispersion was wild, total distance was 268 yards however the dispersion circle was 41 yards, with only 1 ball finding the fairway and 2 out of bounds. Just out of curiosity I hit another 4 shots with the CK White and all 4 found the fairway with the longest shot of the day at 279.

This confirmed for me that the CK White is just an outstanding shaft, it is smooth but incredibly stable in the tip, since gaming this shaft I have had 2 wins, a reduction in handicap and more importantly more enjoyment on the course.

So what's next, the CK Blue is going to get tipped and put in my Cobra Ltd 3 wood, I'll do some comparisons against the Aldila Rogue I'm gaming in that, I appreciate this topic is for the CK White but if you wish I will post my thoughts on this blog. Let me know

Seems your findings mirror most of the reviewers. I've been playing the Ahina 70 for the last 2 seasons and but ordered a Tensei Pro White 70 last night for my 917 I've got coming. Hoping to have similar results.

What a Rogue silver, 90, 110, 125?

What one did you order? S or TX?

What's your ball speed?

Stiff

Ball speed, no idea. We don't have any LM's near where I live (actually I've never had the chance to use a Trackman or Flightscope ect.) . Have to make educated guesses off of ball flight, roll out/release when it lands, peak height and trajectory your trying to see. I'm definitely leaving a few yards and dispersion on the table....

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

So, now that the end of Q3 is finally over and one with for me and I'm caught up on everything else, I've been able to get out and play a few, consistent, test rounds where I could compare my current (Rouge 125) vs the CK White.

I sourced a second 917 from a buddy and hit both indoors to be sure that numbers were as close as I was going to be able to get them. Once I got to my club and warmed up, I headed to our 18th hole, a 540 yard par 5 with 20 balls (ProV1X) and one of my playing partners (+2 guy) who was interested in the results. We took his ES14 as the head pro wasn't in which means we couldn't get out the trackman for results. Of course, we both left our phones in the car, so I didn't manage to get any pictures of the data but we did keep a record of what was going on from the on screen display as well as using a laser for confirmation. There was a 3 MPH wind straight behind me in my test and the air was 53 F when i got to the tee.

First up was the Rouge 125 in my 917 with the 12G draw setting weight put in, playing at 8.75 (D1 on surefit). I went into this knowing that I have played with this shaft for some time now and am VERY comfortable with it knowing exactly how it will react on most shots. I had an average total distance of 294.3 yards and a dispersion of 17 yards on 10 balls. All but one hit was fairly center and the miss was a high toe ball.

Second was the CK White in my buddy's 917 with the 12G draw setting weight put in, playing at 10.25 (D4 on surefit). The settings on the Rogue are what I've been playing since getting the 917 over a month and a half ago, and were almost identical to the settings I played in my 915 minus the draw weight, obviously. I found that this was the setting that I needed to have to get similar launch and spin numbers with the CK White, which wasn't a big deal, just an adjustment. I had played a few round with this shaft after I got it and knew what to expect, but was certainly not as comfortable with it as the rogue. I had an average total distance of 291.7 and a dispersion of 13 yards on the 10 balls I hit with this shaft with all but 2 hit fairly center. The 2 misses were low center and high toe, and both reacted as you would expect and similar to what I get from the Rogue.

I gave my buddy an opportunity to hit 10 balls with each as well. He is a better ball striker than I am and has a slightly higher ball flight so neither club was really set up perfectly for him but he averaged about 5 yards longer than me with the Rogue and a 10 yard dispersion and about the same as me (probably too high of a flight to damp fairway) with the CK White with something like 8.5 yard dispersion which was astonishing. Neither of these are shaft or heads that he as hit before and he mentioned how much he liked both and was interested in trying out the CK White when we had more time where things were set up a little better for his swing.

We went to the course and played a 2 ball worst ball off the tee with the 2 different drivers. I hit 11/14 fairways with the Rogue, 2 of the misses were just off or through fairways while hitting 12/14 with the CK White where 1 of the misses was just through one of our fairways. My buddy hit 13/14 with each, with both misses being just off the short stuff in the first cut.

I can honestly say the dispersion number wasn't a huge shock for me as I had always hit the CK White more straight than the Rogue and the distance difference was negligible so, for the time being, the CK White is going to stay in the bag.

Here is the info I got. All the version one are labelled 60tx. They are all, in reality 70tx. It was a mislabel on them. The version one also state the flex (tx flex), where the version two say PROTOTYPE in that spot. The version one have PROTOTYPE laser etched without color. SOME of the version two also have blue kevlar in the butt section where all the version one have black.

Finally got around to doing my final test for these shafts which is side by side comparison out on the course, had to get up at the crack of dawn so I could walk to the 18th tee and be uninterrupted for an hour. All I took with me was my driver and the 3 shafts, 2 dozen new golf balls (2016 chrome soft) my bushnall laser and some foot powder spray. The 18th at my course (Horsley Lodge) plays slightly uphill and off the back pots on the day of testing measured 428 yards. Weather was fine with no wind and a temperature of 8 degrees C, ground conditions were damp with a heavy dew on the grass. The only criteria I had for this test was that the shots were struck from the middle of the club face hence why I took the foot powder spray, I wanted 6 well struck drives with each shaft and an average total distance from the tee was measured as well as a dispersion circle.

I hit 6 shots all struck out the meat of the club, all 6 shots found the fairway, the average distance from the tee was 271 yards with a dispersion circle of 14 yards, as I said previously this shafts has really impressed me with how tight the dispersion is.

Next up was the CK Blue

I had to hit 10 balls to get 6 struck out of the middle, I find this shaft has more of a kick towards the tip which I presume is why it launches higher, I struggle a little getting the timing right with this shaft. Total distance averaged at 264 yards, less roll out with this shaft, dispersion circle was 24 yards with 3 of the 6 shots missing the fairway but only lying in the first cut of rough.

I had to hit 14 balls to get 6 shots out of the middle, and even then the dispersion was wild, total distance was 268 yards however the dispersion circle was 41 yards, with only 1 ball finding the fairway and 2 out of bounds. Just out of curiosity I hit another 4 shots with the CK White and all 4 found the fairway with the longest shot of the day at 279.

This confirmed for me that the CK White is just an outstanding shaft, it is smooth but incredibly stable in the tip, since gaming this shaft I have had 2 wins, a reduction in handicap and more importantly more enjoyment on the course.

So what's next, the CK Blue is going to get tipped and put in my Cobra Ltd 3 wood, I'll do some comparisons against the Aldila Rogue I'm gaming in that, I appreciate this topic is for the CK White but if you wish I will post my thoughts on this blog. Let me know

Seems your findings mirror most of the reviewers. I've been playing the Ahina 70 for the last 2 seasons and but ordered a Tensei Pro White 70 last night for my 917 I've got coming. Hoping to have similar results.

110 msi

Next up was the CK Blue

What's your ball speed?

I ordered the 70g stiff my driver ss is anywhere between 104 - 108 with ball speeds around 155 - 160

Order a Tensei Pro White 70 stiff tipped .5" for my 917 D3. Psyched to give it go. If the D3 doesn't work out I'll give it a go in my SLDR 430.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

Pro White 60-TX untipped in the driver and Diamana BF 70x tipped 1/2" in the 3-wood locked and loaded for a trip this week to Sea Island!

Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track

Next up was the CK Blue

What's your ball speed?

I ordered the 70g stiff my driver ss is anywhere between 104 - 108 with ball speeds around 155 - 160

Well done, hope it's all you hope it will be

IMHO, I think your swing speed would be better suited to an X flex rather than Stiff?

Please post some numbers when you can.

Thanks

I've already posted some numbers on one of the previous pages, weren't the best testing conditions as it was into a strong wind and as it was real data distance was down and spin a little high but it gives you an idea

Been gaming a CK Pro White 70 Stiff, tipped 3/4" the last few rounds and it is doing very well...Hit some major bombs, for my 102-104mph swing, and the misses are going a bit farther too.

So far been hitting quite a few fairways and can tell it is low enough spin due to roll out for me. Very solid shaft.

In GBB, set to 8*, 44.75" and D7.

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

I know this is not the popular opinion on these shafts, but I have been underwhelmed by all three versions. I have tested the CK Pro Blue 70 TX, Pro White 70 TX Proto, and Pro Orange 70 TX Prototype in both a Tour Issue M1 and Tour Issue M2.

I think the Blue could have worked quite well at 80g in a fairway wood, however at 70g in the driver, it didn't do much for me. Feel wasn't to my taste and dispersion was worse that my current gamer.

While I'm told the Orange that I tested was the V1, and the V2 is much improved, the shaft I tested again was a bit wild in dispersion and I was put off by the feel produced by how counterbalanced it was.

The White was the best of the bunch. Felt stable and smooth. Dispersion was good, however on course distance didn't quite match my gamer.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

I know this is not the popular opinion on these shafts, but I have been underwhelmed by all three versions. I have tested the CK Pro Blue 70 TX, Pro White 70 TX Proto, and Pro Orange 70 TX Prototype in both a Tour Issue M1 and Tour Issue M2.

I think the Blue could have worked quite well at 80g in a fairway wood, however at 70g in the driver, it didn't do much for me. Feel wasn't to my taste and dispersion was worse that my current gamer.

While I'm told the Orange that I tested was the V1, and the V2 is much improved, the shaft I tested again was a bit wild in dispersion and I was put off by the feel produced by how counterbalanced it was.

The White was the best of the bunch. Felt stable and smooth. Dispersion was good, however on course distance didn't quite match my gamer.

I will say with the orange, it's very important to swingweight the club and add the necessary head weight. Before I did that, I just wasn't finding the consitent center of the face. After I added head weight, it's the best shaft I've ever played.

I will say with the orange, it's very important to swingweight the club and add the necessary head weight. Before I did that, I just wasn't finding the consitent center of the face. After I added head weight, it's the best shaft I've ever played.

I added lead tape to try to get swingweight up but obviously not a "proper" build to spec or anything.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

I wanted to throw my thoughts into the mix now that I've had a significant amount of time with this shaft.

About me:

31 yrs old

+cap

Driver swing speed is 116 on avg, A good strike for me carries the ball 290 and depending on conditions i can get it out there pretty good.

Shaft for last 18 months has been a Fuji Speeder 757 Evo Tour Spec X tipped 1/2". This kicked out an Elements Chrome 6f5t that i played the 18 months prior.

I try to play a straight ball to a falling fade with driver. If i draw it, it wasnt b/c i tried usually.

So i recently got a brand new uncut Tensei Pro White 70TX in a trade. I was set to go on a golf trip in Las Vegas for the next four days after it was set to arrive. I said "WTF" and built the shaft up the night before and decided I'd put it to a real test and play it cold turkey all week in Vegas. I decided to tip the shaft 1/2" before installing my cobra pro adapter on it. In hind sight i dont think it really needs any tipping just as MRC's website states. I am happy with how it turned out though.

I am playing it at 44.5" in my cobra LTD pro at 9.5*.

So i get off the plane and we head straight to the course on day 1. (6am flight from St louis) I jump on the range to warm up, first few swings are wedges, and a couple 9 irons, just trying to keep from hurting myself even though I'm dying to bust out this driver shaft. So out comes the driver, first few swings feel different. Almost like there wasn't as much pop to it. Ball flight looks good, middish and flat like it like but i wasnt getting that "explosion" sort of feel. The ball however is going very very straight. Much less movement on my off center strikes so im thinking "hey, regardless i can make this work this week". So i get to the third hole which is the first hole i can hit driver on and its pretty wide open. There is a desert waste area on left side so i aim down the left and try to hit a fade. Ball comes off straight down the left side and fades 5-7 yards right. PERFECT i thought. Still didnt get the explosive feel but the shaft feels crazy stable and very TIGHT if thats a way to explain it. TIght but not boardy. Like i can handle it but the shaft will not get out of control. Reminded me of a Graffaloy Blue. Anyways, my buddy who is about a 2hdcp hits his drive and looks like he hits it well. He is normally 20 yards behind me but he pounds it pretty good as well. We get to our balls and we are 54 yards apart. I ask him if he hit his well and he says he nuked it. So at this point im starting to become intrigued.

The rest of the day is a blur of one straight ball or baby fade after another. I hit every single fairway ( or where i was aimed, new course so i ran thru a couple places) and hit every par 5 in two that day. We only played 6700 yards so not too crazy. But the cool part was there was no left shots in the driver at all and i felt supremely confident over the ball.

We all know one day on a golf course is meaningless, especially with new clubs. Honeymoon periods are a real thing!!! So needless to say, i couldnt wait to get out the next day and try again.

Day two, we play one of the nicest courses in Vegas. Reflection Bay, right on the lake. Beautiful track and pretty darn tight if you ask me. I didnt hit many drivers on day 2 b/c of how narrow the course is and thanks to my Cobra King Utility iron but i did hit about 5 drivers and i only hit one pulled shot and that found the left rough and the others were bombs again.

Day 3, played Arroyo, again i was in complete control with the driver. Even on a course i had never played, i was able to pick a line and just smash it. 3 days down and loving this shaft.

So i got home last week and decided i needed to take a couple days off after Vegas but i knew i wanted to get this shaft out on my home track to really get a feel if there is any difference in distance. Got to play 18 holes twice at my home club in the last few days. The consensus is that this shaft is not going anywhere! I'm not as impressed with the length as i am with the control and stability of the shaft. It is about 5-10 yards longer on my best strikes than my speeder which is really saying something b/c i loved my speeder. But on a normal shot i would say they are within a couple yards of each other with the Tensei getting the slight edge. I did however hit a ball on our first hole yesterday that is 450 yard par 4 and i had 82 yards left. I have never been inside 100 on that hole ever. So this shaft does have another gear which i saw when i really tried to pound one. The shaft just wants to go where you aim it and you dont get the spinny slap fades or crazy duck hooks every once in a while. Stability and TIGHT are how i can describe it. It doesnt feel crazy good like an Oban Purple or Blueboard but its not supposed to. It feels like a very smooth, but very stable graffaloy blue or whiteboard to me.

If you managed to stick with me thru all this rambling then i thank you. Hopefully this helps some poor schmuck looking at this shaft. Cheers.

• AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Denali Black 60 6.5
  • TM M5 Tour 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

• 2 weeks later...

Big thanks to MRC and WRX for the opportunity to test both. I put my name in the hat to get a chance to test the Tensei White as I was looking for something to spin along the same lines as the BB6 and wouldn't you know it, I received a PM with the opportunity I was hoping for!

I was actually fiddling between the Tensei Blue, Kuro Kage Silver and Tour AD BB 6 in my 915 for the last month and have to say, the Tensei really surprised me. Spin numbers were 300-500rpm higher than both the Kuro Kage and BB6, but what impressed me the most was the control I felt I had with the Tensei over both. I've always been a big fan of the Tour AD line, mostly because I gravitate towards shafts that are softer up in the handle, but offer stability in the mid-section all the way down into the tip. The Tensei Blue delivers just that and if I were to compare it to any shaft I've tried in the MRC line, I'd have to say the Diamana B series would be a mirror image. I've since switched to the M2 and will be giving the Tensei White a test in the M2 which is proving to be a better fit for me, numbers wise. All testers were lucky enough to receive both a Tensei Blue and Tensei White; with already having experienced the Tensei Blue in the 915 and not achieving the numbers I wanted, I'll be putting both through the paces and will report back on the differences I see and feel.

I'll post pictures before I leave on vacation tomorrow with the box I received from MRC, and will complete my review upon my return. Had these plans well before the contest was even announced, so my apologies to WRX and MRC for any delays.

Guessing your previous Blue Tensei was not the Pro version? I have tried both and the Pro is night and day better than the stock.

Correct Shilgy, was not the Pro Blue. I now have both and will put them through the paces to see the differences.

But by no means was the CK Blue a slouch--the average golfer would fit into this series of shaft nicely, IMHO.

How do you distinguish between the Pro and the regular, just by looking at them. Is it the Boron tip writing?

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

Big thanks to MRC and WRX for the opportunity to test both. I put my name in the hat to get a chance to test the Tensei White as I was looking for something to spin along the same lines as the BB6 and wouldn't you know it, I received a PM with the opportunity I was hoping for!

I was actually fiddling between the Tensei Blue, Kuro Kage Silver and Tour AD BB 6 in my 915 for the last month and have to say, the Tensei really surprised me. Spin numbers were 300-500rpm higher than both the Kuro Kage and BB6, but what impressed me the most was the control I felt I had with the Tensei over both. I've always been a big fan of the Tour AD line, mostly because I gravitate towards shafts that are softer up in the handle, but offer stability in the mid-section all the way down into the tip. The Tensei Blue delivers just that and if I were to compare it to any shaft I've tried in the MRC line, I'd have to say the Diamana B series would be a mirror image. I've since switched to the M2 and will be giving the Tensei White a test in the M2 which is proving to be a better fit for me, numbers wise. All testers were lucky enough to receive both a Tensei Blue and Tensei White; with already having experienced the Tensei Blue in the 915 and not achieving the numbers I wanted, I'll be putting both through the paces and will report back on the differences I see and feel.

I'll post pictures before I leave on vacation tomorrow with the box I received from MRC, and will complete my review upon my return. Had these plans well before the contest was even announced, so my apologies to WRX and MRC for any delays.

Guessing your previous Blue Tensei was not the Pro version? I have tried both and the Pro is night and day better than the stock.

Correct Shilgy, was not the Pro Blue. I now have both and will put them through the paces to see the differences.

But by no means was the CK Blue a slouch--the average golfer would fit into this series of shaft nicely, IMHO.

How do you distinguish between the Pro and the regular, just by looking at them. Is it the Boron tip writing?

On my blue that is the only way to tell. Guessing same on white.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Seems like an over site to forget to write the word pro on the pro version of the shaft.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)

Seems like an over site to forget to write the word pro on the pro version of the shaft.

It's funny you say that. Today at the range I actually looked at the writing and thought "Huh.....doesn't say Pro on it?" I figured it would, and not sure how I didn't notice it before? Spent almost a minute on my phone looking at Google pics trying to find a closeup pic of the text, then went to MRC website and realized there's no regular white Tenset, only the pro. Anyways just read this comment and thought of today at the range.

Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

I wanted to throw my thoughts into the mix now that I've had a significant amount of time with this shaft.

About me:

31 yrs old

+cap

Driver swing speed is 116 on avg, A good strike for me carries the ball 290 and depending on conditions i can get it out there pretty good.

Shaft for last 18 months has been a Fuji Speeder 757 Evo Tour Spec X tipped 1/2". This kicked out an Elements Chrome 6f5t that i played the 18 months prior.

I try to play a straight ball to a falling fade with driver. If i draw it, it wasnt b/c i tried usually.

So i recently got a brand new uncut Tensei Pro White 70TX in a trade. I was set to go on a golf trip in Las Vegas for the next four days after it was set to arrive. I said "WTF" and built the shaft up the night before and decided I'd put it to a real test and play it cold turkey all week in Vegas. I decided to tip the shaft 1/2" before installing my cobra pro adapter on it. In hind sight i dont think it really needs any tipping just as MRC's website states. I am happy with how it turned out though.

I am playing it at 44.5" in my cobra LTD pro at 9.5*.

So i get off the plane and we head straight to the course on day 1. (6am flight from St louis) I jump on the range to warm up, first few swings are wedges, and a couple 9 irons, just trying to keep from hurting myself even though I'm dying to bust out this driver shaft. So out comes the driver, first few swings feel different. Almost like there wasn't as much pop to it. Ball flight looks good, middish and flat like it like but i wasnt getting that "explosion" sort of feel. The ball however is going very very straight. Much less movement on my off center strikes so im thinking "hey, regardless i can make this work this week". So i get to the third hole which is the first hole i can hit driver on and its pretty wide open. There is a desert waste area on left side so i aim down the left and try to hit a fade. Ball comes off straight down the left side and fades 5-7 yards right. PERFECT i thought. Still didnt get the explosive feel but the shaft feels crazy stable and very TIGHT if thats a way to explain it. TIght but not boardy. Like i can handle it but the shaft will not get out of control. Reminded me of a Graffaloy Blue. Anyways, my buddy who is about a 2hdcp hits his drive and looks like he hits it well. He is normally 20 yards behind me but he pounds it pretty good as well. We get to our balls and we are 54 yards apart. I ask him if he hit his well and he says he nuked it. So at this point im starting to become intrigued.

The rest of the day is a blur of one straight ball or baby fade after another. I hit every single fairway ( or where i was aimed, new course so i ran thru a couple places) and hit every par 5 in two that day. We only played 6700 yards so not too crazy. But the cool part was there was no left shots in the driver at all and i felt supremely confident over the ball.

We all know one day on a golf course is meaningless, especially with new clubs. Honeymoon periods are a real thing!!! So needless to say, i couldnt wait to get out the next day and try again.

Day two, we play one of the nicest courses in Vegas. Reflection Bay, right on the lake. Beautiful track and pretty darn tight if you ask me. I didnt hit many drivers on day 2 b/c of how narrow the course is and thanks to my Cobra King Utility iron but i did hit about 5 drivers and i only hit one pulled shot and that found the left rough and the others were bombs again.

Day 3, played Arroyo, again i was in complete control with the driver. Even on a course i had never played, i was able to pick a line and just smash it. 3 days down and loving this shaft.

So i got home last week and decided i needed to take a couple days off after Vegas but i knew i wanted to get this shaft out on my home track to really get a feel if there is any difference in distance. Got to play 18 holes twice at my home club in the last few days. The consensus is that this shaft is not going anywhere! I'm not as impressed with the length as i am with the control and stability of the shaft. It is about 5-10 yards longer on my best strikes than my speeder which is really saying something b/c i loved my speeder. But on a normal shot i would say they are within a couple yards of each other with the Tensei getting the slight edge. I did however hit a ball on our first hole yesterday that is 450 yard par 4 and i had 82 yards left. I have never been inside 100 on that hole ever. So this shaft does have another gear which i saw when i really tried to pound one. The shaft just wants to go where you aim it and you dont get the spinny slap fades or crazy duck hooks every once in a while. Stability and TIGHT are how i can describe it. It doesnt feel crazy good like an Oban Purple or Blueboard but its not supposed to. It feels like a very smooth, but very stable graffaloy blue or whiteboard to me.

If you managed to stick with me thru all this rambling then i thank you. Hopefully this helps some poor schmuck looking at this shaft. Cheers.

Good post.

Today was the 3rd time I got to hit this shaft (well 70 stiff and tipped .5" as well). I was playing a SLDR 430 with Ahina 70s untipped. It was by far the longest combo I've had, and at times and the straightest. But I didn't realize how wild it could get until I got the 917 D3 with Tensei Pro White 70s.

My miss with the 430 would be a large draw or hook, and the seldom high right push (I'd get stuck, the Ahina and 430 combo produced a very heavy swing weight and I'd be trying to play cetch up when out of sync). Anyways that feeling at impact of "oh sh!t that's going to hook hard", when I look up it never was close to what I'm expecting to see, and that huge miss just isn't happening, and when feeling that big hook miss throughout that current swing and to look up expecting it and it's not hooking hard was a relief (hope that makes sense). For some reason that huge hook is gone now, and all my misses are so much more manageable, in play, and generally all around longer, than the 439/Ahina combo. But I'm noticing that my small 10-25ft draw is not happening as much either. It's more of a dead straight ball. Which is fine with me but might be a contributing factor to being a few yards shorter (that and it's literally 30-40* colder since I got this combo in the bag). I'm sure much is do to the forgiveness of the D3 vs. the 430 head, but think the shaft is playing a decent part in that.

As far as distance, can't really say. I'm used to hitting the 430 in or at least close 70* or warmer, but the times I've hit the 917/Tensei it's been mid 30's- to mid 40 degrees where everything is flying shorter (almost a full club though out the bag). So distance wise it's hard to know for sure, plus trying to figure the right settings on a unfitted driver, in cold conditions is tough. But if this combo ends up 5 or so yards shorter on good to good drives against the 430/Ahina the misses with out a doubt make up for it (I play an extremely tight course where every hole is cut out of the woods, narrow fairways, and missing a narrow fairway means punch out or 3 off the tee, so dispersion is more important than that 5 yards). Much like Albotross85, sorry for rambling lol.

Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

On my blue that is the only way to tell. Guessing same on white.

There is no NON pro version of white.

Funny that you bring that up. I bought a shaft that was erroneously marketed as a Pro Blue 60, along with a White 60, and another Blue 70. I was doing a shootout on my launch monitor M1 v M2 adding HZRDUS, KK XT, Kiyoshis, etc to the mix. The Blue was several standard deviations "looser" than those other shafts. That's when I realized something was off. Lo and behold the only way to tell the difference is if you look for "Boron Tip" graphics in the shaft - a part of the shaft that the seller conveniently didn't picture.

Sadly for me, I was out of the country and couldn't open a paypal case or anything. My trust in people and not going through the appropriate channels got the better of me.

Sorry for the long rambling. Just thought I'd share what I thought to be a funny experience thanks to MRC not thinking that consumers should be able to easily distinguish between products in the same family of shafts.

Funny that you bring that up. I bought a shaft that was erroneously marketed as a Pro Blue 60, along with a White 60, and another Blue 70. I was doing a shootout on my launch monitor M1 v M2 adding HZRDUS, KK XT, Kiyoshis, etc to the mix. The Blue was several standard deviations "looser" than those other shafts. That's when I realized something was off. Lo and behold the only way to tell the difference is if you look for "Boron Tip" graphics in the shaft - a part of the shaft that the seller conveniently didn't picture.

Sadly for me, I was out of the country and couldn't open a paypal case or anything. My trust in people and not going through the appropriate channels got the better of me.

Sorry for the long rambling. Just thought I'd share what I thought to be a funny experience thanks to MRC not thinking that consumers should be able to easily distinguish between products in the same family of shafts.

As soon as mine came and I couldn't see the word Pro anywhere, I thought that I had been sent the wrong shaft. I went to the Mitsubishi website to check graphics, and the only difference I could discern was the mention of the boron tip in the description of the pro shaft and no mention of it in the regular version. Just hit it yesterday, and it has a really nice, smooth feel to it. I will have to get on the range and compare it to my Veylix shaft.

LEFT HANDED

Has anyone seen these hats? I wonder why they didn't send with the Whites, it seems like a perfect compliment.

Please tell me where you can get this hat!! :)

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

Has anyone seen these hats? I wonder why they didn't send with the Whites, it seems like a perfect compliment.

Please tell me where you can get this hat!! :)

I was told it was only a small promotional run they did; I imagine they sent it to their best accounts and tour.

That's crappy. I'll have to send some emails and make some calls

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx