MEMBER REVIEWS: Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro White shafts.

Anybody able to compare this Tensei White to the Ahina 70? Ahina is the best I've used but curious about this one.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figured I'd add this now that I was able to snap some pictures. Tried my best to get a good closeup of the graphite weave up top; the White and Blue wach have a sheen to them that is REALLY cool to look at when bright out.

Β 

Again, thanks you VERY much to both MRC and WRX for choosing me to participate in the Pro White testing!!

Β 

#swag

Β 

02B0A0CD-9C1D-452F-9963-EBF0FA721693_zps9fsozgz1.jpg

Β 

55753A45-EDB6-4702-8ADA-AAA9CEA8065F_zps82nt9n8e.jpg

Β 

AF6283DD-7315-44C0-8B51-A0B91603C90A_zpsdfsyf6pr.jpg

Β 

8225E33C-49A2-4010-83D1-6802EF451BFA_zpsxjncazwg.jpg

Β 

68D82778-4FF0-4D42-95C1-17F18CE65AE1_zpsr7kyhzao.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

Anybody able to compare this Tensei White to the Ahina 70? Ahina is the best I've used but curious about this one.

Β 

Having played an Ahina for a full season myself, I'd say by comparison the Pro Blue would be your closest match. Softer up in the handle like the Pro Blue, whereas the Pro White plays firm.

Β 

Having played an Ahina for a full season myself, I'd say by comparison the Pro Blue would be your closest match. Softer up in the handle like the Pro Blue, whereas the Pro White plays firm.

Β 

What about launch and spin? I figured the blue would be closer to the kai'li than the Ahina.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

Β 

Β 

What about launch and spin? I figured the blue would be closer to the kai'li than the Ahina.

Β 

No Trackman data yet; was away on holidays and won't be on one until following week.

Β 

Β 

Β 

That's correct. The blue is more butt stiff, tip soft. Blueboard profile. The white is tip stiff, butt soft, whiteboard profile.

The main difference between these 2 shafts is the feel, launch and spin are similar but the ahina will feel like I piece of 2 x 4 oak compared to the smooth tensei

Β 

For me, both the Tensei Pro Blue and Tensei Pro White spun much less than the Ahina.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5Β° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15Β° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21Β° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26Β° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48Β°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54Β°-10S and 60Β°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

The main difference between these 2 shafts is the feel, launch and spin are similar but the ahina will feel like I piece of 2 x 4 oak compared to the smooth tensei

Β 

For me, both the Tensei Pro Blue and Tensei Pro White spun much less than the Ahina.

Β 

Wow, really? I thought the Ahina was one the lowest spinning Whiteboard gens. Surprised to hear the tensei blue was lower spinning.

Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

Ok I was able to test the Blue and White along with my current Aldila Rogue 95MSI 60-3.6s at the course Friday September 30. Here is little about me and the equipment:

Β 

Male

5'8"

171 lbs

Looks : Average

Shirt Size : M-L

Pants : 32x30

Shoes : 9M

Dexterity : Righty

Driver Head : Titleist D4 9.5* setting at B1( Flatter Lie)

Ball : ProV1x

Grip : Tour Velvet Std

Temperature : 54 degrees and occasional mist.

Wind : 10-15

Tee Time : 2:30pm (technically they don't have tee times but that's when we teed off)

Course : Hamilton Farm

Course Condition : Wet and soft and in great condition. No mud on ball when hit in fairway.

Playing Partner : 11 year old, been giving him lessons for 8 years. Yes he start with me at the age of 3.

Β 

Club Head Speed : I am no spring chicken anymore so my max will go to 105. 101-103 consistently.

Β 

This is my take with my current shaft Aldila Rogue 95MSI 60-3.6s : Aesthetically I like the look with contrasting shaft and head color. When I first got this shaft and head in August, the weather was still very warm. I noticed how flexible it was when i swung the club. I really felt the shaft bending on by down swing, I guess I was still used to my Fujikura Pro 73x on my TM R15. The numbers first on trackman was very good and I was able generate great ball speed (153-155) consistently. I was able to max out my club head speed with this shaft so I was willing to forgo the softer feel. On this day because the weather was cooler by 30+ degrees the shaft did not feel as soft. The ball came off the face a lot higher but did not balloon, this was the reason I first chose this shaft combo whenI ordered. I can feel the compression of the ball but the only draw back was that I felt it was not getting everything I was expecting. i was hitting it farther than the previous gamer but when the ball was in the air it looked like it could go further. Into the wind it was good but It tend to lose some distance.

Β 

MRC Blue: Aesthetically beautiful. Loving the all black with a hint of blue in the weave and the small Blue band by the grip. When I first tested it I thought it was lower spinning then the white but I was wrong. It definitely spins the ball less then the aldila and the height was slightly lower but further testing on TackMan and on the course it did not spin less than the White. The club felt stout but not to stiff even in the cool temperature. I enjoyed the feel at impact and the ball fight it produces off the face. The bend profile felt mid to low with a mid to firm handle. Very stable and smooth even hitting into the wind. Enjoyed the shaft very much.

Β 

MRC White: Aesthetically beautiful like the blue. Definitely stiffer than the Rogue and very stable and smooth. Very low spin on trackman 4 and was very worried when I was about to hit it on the course. On Trackman I was only spinning it on average 2200. Low was 1700 and the high as 2700 when I miss it with a block. Big eye opener when I was on the course. The ball flight was perfect with no ballooning, just penetrating ball flight with great dispersion. The shaft felt stout like the blue but was very stable and I couldn't wait to swing it on the next hole. Bend profile to me felt mid to high and firm on the butt end. When I thought I duck hooked it it was slightly in the left rough compared to going away left with my aldila. Into the wind my ball was penetrating and LONG

with more roll. When I hit the ball perfect it was a amazing, the ball just coming off the face with the perfect launch and perfect height for me. I will be using this shaft as my gamer going forward and look to see how it performs when the weather is better.

Β 

Β 

I am not sure if you can see in one picture the number golf balls are as follows #1 was with Aldila, #2 Blue, #3 White. The white was always further followed by the blue.

Β 

Respond if I missed anything or if you have any questions. Thanks again the MRC, Rob and Wrx for this great opportunity.

Β 

Side note: I shot 71 from the Brady that day with the White.

Β 

Β 

Wk

Titleist TSR3 Diamana White Stiff

TM Stealth2 Plus 3Wood Ventis Black Velicore S

Titleist T200U 3 and 4 iron Mitsubishi Tensei Whte 8SΒ 

Titleist T100 5-PW AMTWhite S

Vokey SM10 50, 54, 58 Β AMT White

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash

Β 

Ok I was able to test the Blue and White along with my current Aldila Rogue 95MSI 60-3.6s at the course Friday September 30. Here is little about me and the equipment:

Β 

Male

5'8"

171 lbs

Tee Time : 2:30pm (technically they don't have tee times but that's when we teed off)

Course Condition : Wet and soft and in great condition. No mud on ball when hit in fairway.

Playing Partner : 11 year old, been giving him lessons for 8 years. Yes he start with me at the age of 3.

Β 

Club Head Speed : I am no spring chicken anymore so my max will go to 105. 101-103 consistently.

Β 

This is my take with my current shaft Aldila Rogue 95MSI 60-3.6s : Aesthetically I like the look with contrasting shaft and head color. When I first got this shaft and head in August, the weather was still very warm. I noticed how flexible it was when i swung the club. I really felt the shaft bending on by down swing, I guess I was still used to my Fujikura Pro 73x on my TM R15. The numbers first on trackman was very good and I was able generate great ball speed (153-155) consistently. I was able to max out my club head speed with this shaft so I was willing to forgo the softer feel. On this day because the weather was cooler by 30+ degrees the shaft did not feel as soft. The ball came off the face a lot higher but did not balloon, this was the reason I first chose this shaft combo whenI ordered. I can feel the compression of the ball but the only draw back was that I felt it was not getting everything I was expecting. i was hitting it farther than the previous gamer but when the ball was in the air it looked like it could go further. Into the wind it was good but It tend to lose some distance.

Β 

MRC Blue: Aesthetically beautiful. Loving the all black with a hint of blue in the weave and the small Blue band by the grip. When I first tested it I thought it was lower spinning then the white but I was wrong. It definitely spins the ball less then the aldila and the height was slightly lower but further testing on TackMan and on the course it did not spin less than the White. The club felt stout but not to stiff even in the cool temperature. I enjoyed the feel at impact and the ball fight it produces off the face. The bend profile felt mid to low with a mid to firm handle. Very stable and smooth even hitting into the wind. Enjoyed the shaft very much.

Β 

MRC White: Aesthetically beautiful like the blue. Definitely stiffer than the Rogue and very stable and smooth. Very low spin on trackman 4 and was very worried when I was about to hit it on the course. On Trackman I was only spinning it on average 2200. Low was 1700 and the high as 2700 when I miss it with a block. Big eye opener when I was on the course. The ball flight was perfect with no ballooning, just penetrating ball flight with great dispersion. The shaft felt stout like the blue but was very stable and I couldn't wait to swing it on the next hole. Bend profile to me felt mid to high and firm on the butt end. When I thought I duck hooked it it was slightly in the left rough compared to going away left with my aldila. Into the wind my ball was penetrating and LONG

with more roll. When I hit the ball perfect it was a amazing, the ball just coming off the face with the perfect launch and perfect height for me. I will be using this shaft as my gamer going forward and look to see how it performs when the weather is better.

Β 

Β 

I am not sure I you can see in one picture thenumber golf balls are as follows #1 was with Aldila, #2 Blue, #3 White. The white was always further followed by the blue.

Β 

Respond if I missed anything or if you have any questions. Thanks again the MRC, Rob and Wrx for this great opportunity.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Wk

Hamilton farms eh? I'm not too far from you --

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10Β Tour / 3w /Β Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Β 

Male

5'8"

171 lbs

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I am not sure I you can see in one picture thenumber golf balls are as follows #1 was with Aldila, #2 Blue, #3 White. The white was always further followed by the blue.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Wk

Β 

Β 

OOOOHHHHHH YEEEEAAAHHH.

Β 

Wk

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash

Β 

Β 

Male

5'8"

171 lbs

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Wk

Β 

Β 

OOOOHHHHHH YEEEEAAAHHH.

Β 

Wk

Β 

Heading back there this Friday and its suppose to be 73 and sunny. Can't wait.

Β 

Wk

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash

Β 

Β 

Male

5'8"

171 lbs

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Wk

Β 

Β 

OOOOHHHHHH YEEEEAAAHHH.

Β 

Wk

Β 

Heading back there this Friday and its suppose to be 73 and sunny. Can't wait.

Β 

Wk

Jealous...need a 4th? Lol

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10Β Tour / 3w /Β Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Has anyone seen these hats? I wonder why they didn't send with the Whites, it seems like a perfect compliment.

Β 

Β 

That would of been really nice.

Β 

Wk

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash

Β 

First I would like to thank MRC and Golfwrx for this opportunity. I got a call from my wife Friday asking me why is there a golf club at our house. Hahaha. Well I told her I was very fortunate to be selected to test a new product from Mitsubishi. They have supplied me with two not one as previously stated to write a review because I have access to trackman 4. Without further delay I will show you all the swag that came and in a few days after testing I will write my honest review. So enjoy until we meet again.

Β 

Very nice package sent from Mitsubishi, really wanting to try the blue this year, Love those hats! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Β 

PS: After reading your results I may have to demo both as I would have thought the white would be to stout for me but gotta give it a try!

Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
Cobra Pro mb 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
Tour Bettinardi BB0 DASS or
Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
Recent Acquisition SWAG Handsome OneΒ 
Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/351901-twshoot67s-bag-and-crazy-collection/page__st__30__p__8092784__hl__+twshoot67#entry8092784"]WITB Link[/url]

I'm just so jealous you guys are getting to try out both of these shafts. One of the shafts that always is in consideration when I get fit is the ahina, but I just don't like how boardy it feels to me. This Tensei White sounds like its the ticket. And to have a blue you could throw in the 3 wood on top of it, can't beat that free!

[color=#A9A9A9][b]Driver:[/b] 2016 TM M1 9.5* / Atmos Black 7 TX
[b]Fairway:[/b] 2017 TM M1 15* / Tensei Pro White 80 TX
[b]Irons:[/b] TM 790 UDI 2 Iron / HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
[b]Irons:[/b] Titleist T-MB 4 Iron / TT Dynamic Gold X-100
[b]Irons:[/b] Titleist 716 AP2's 5-PW / TT Dynamic Gold X-100
[b]Wedge:s[/b] Vokey SM6 50.08F, [color=#A9A9A9]56.10S & [color=#A9A9A9]60.08M[/color] [/color] / TT Dynamic Gold S-300
[b]Putter:[/b] TM Spider Tour Black T-Line 34"[/color]

I'm just so jealous you guys are getting to try out both of these shafts. One of the shafts that always is in consideration when I get fit is the ahina, but I just don't like how boardy it feels to me. This Tensei White sounds like its the ticket. And to have a blue you could throw in the 3 wood on top of it, can't beat that free!

Β 

Β 

Personally I love the Alina, and just bought a new off eBay really cheap for my 917 D3. But after reading the this page, I may pick up a Tensei Pro White in the next week or 2.

Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

Finally got around to doing my final test for these shafts which is side by side comparison out on the course, had to get up at the crack of dawn so I could walk to the 18th tee and be uninterrupted for an hour. All I took with me was my driver and the 3 shafts, 2 dozen new golf balls (2016 chrome soft) my bushnall laser and some foot powder spray. The 18th at my course (Horsley Lodge) plays slightly uphill and off the back pots on the day of testing measured 428 yards. Weather was fine with no wind and a temperature of 8 degrees C, ground conditions were damp with a heavy dew on the grass. The only criteria I had for this test was that the shots were struck from the middle of the club face hence why I took the foot powder spray, I wanted 6 well struck drives with each shaft and an average total distance from the tee was measured as well as a dispersion circle.

First up was the CK White

I hit 6 shots all struck out the meat of the club, all 6 shots found the fairway, the average distance from the tee was 271 yards with a dispersion circle of 14 yards, as I said previously this shafts has really impressed me with how tight the dispersion is.

Next up was the CK Blue

I had to hit 10 balls to get 6 struck out of the middle, I find this shaft has more of a kick towards the tip which I presume is why it launches higher, I struggle a little getting the timing right with this shaft. Total distance averaged at 264 yards, less roll out with this shaft, dispersion circle was 24 yards with 3 of the 6 shots missing the fairway but only lying in the first cut of rough.

Lastly the Aldila Rogue Silver

I had to hit 14 balls to get 6 shots out of the middle, and even then the dispersion was wild, total distance was 268 yards however the dispersion circle was 41 yards, with only 1 ball finding the fairway and 2 out of bounds. Just out of curiosity I hit another 4 shots with the CK White and all 4 found the fairway with the longest shot of the day at 279.

Β 

This confirmed for me that the CK White is just an outstanding shaft, it is smooth but incredibly stable in the tip, since gaming this shaft I have had 2 wins, a reduction in handicap and more importantly more enjoyment on the course.

Β 

So what's next, the CK Blue is going to get tipped and put in my Cobra Ltd 3 wood, I'll do some comparisons against the Aldila Rogue I'm gaming in that, I appreciate this topic is for the CK White but if you wish I will post my thoughts on this blog. Let me know

Big question to all of the testers. Is the shaft good enough that you would spend the $400 on it that mitsubishi Prices it at?

Β 

I didn't test it for the site, but I've had one for months, and I can say definitively, YES. The second version of the profile, only out on tour, type 2 orange is even better. I was lucky enough to get one of those from a member of this site and it is amazing.

Β 

I have an Orange that I'm testing. Any idea how to differentiate between the two versions?

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4Β 50SB, 56HB, 60HBWΒ - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

Thanks for all the feedback so far, Im convinced the Ck Pro White is going to be my new driver shaft

I see alot of comments about the Ck Pro Blue being better suited to the 3 wood?

Has anyone actually done this yet?

I'm going to have the CK Pro Blue that we were sent cut down and put in my 3 wood, I will post results once the club fitter has finished

Finally got around to doing my final test for these shafts which is side by side comparison out on the course, had to get up at the crack of dawn so I could walk to the 18th tee and be uninterrupted for an hour. All I took with me was my driver and the 3 shafts, 2 dozen new golf balls (2016 chrome soft) my bushnall laser and some foot powder spray. The 18th at my course (Horsley Lodge) plays slightly uphill and off the back pots on the day of testing measured 428 yards. Weather was fine with no wind and a temperature of 8 degrees C, ground conditions were damp with a heavy dew on the grass. The only criteria I had for this test was that the shots were struck from the middle of the club face hence why I took the foot powder spray, I wanted 6 well struck drives with each shaft and an average total distance from the tee was measured as well as a dispersion circle.

I hit 6 shots all struck out the meat of the club, all 6 shots found the fairway, the average distance from the tee was 271 yards with a dispersion circle of 14 yards, as I said previously this shafts has really impressed me with how tight the dispersion is.

Next up was the CK Blue

I had to hit 10 balls to get 6 struck out of the middle, I find this shaft has more of a kick towards the tip which I presume is why it launches higher, I struggle a little getting the timing right with this shaft. Total distance averaged at 264 yards, less roll out with this shaft, dispersion circle was 24 yards with 3 of the 6 shots missing the fairway but only lying in the first cut of rough.

I had to hit 14 balls to get 6 shots out of the middle, and even then the dispersion was wild, total distance was 268 yards however the dispersion circle was 41 yards, with only 1 ball finding the fairway and 2 out of bounds. Just out of curiosity I hit another 4 shots with the CK White and all 4 found the fairway with the longest shot of the day at 279.

Β 

This confirmed for me that the CK White is just an outstanding shaft, it is smooth but incredibly stable in the tip, since gaming this shaft I have had 2 wins, a reduction in handicap and more importantly more enjoyment on the course.

Β 

So what's next, the CK Blue is going to get tipped and put in my Cobra Ltd 3 wood, I'll do some comparisons against the Aldila Rogue I'm gaming in that, I appreciate this topic is for the CK White but if you wish I will post my thoughts on this blog. Let me know

Β 

Β 

Seems your findings mirror most of the reviewers. I've been playing the Ahina 70 for the last 2 seasons and but ordered a Tensei Pro White 70 last night for my 917 I've got coming. Hoping to have similar results.

Β 

What a Rogue silver, 90, 110, 125?

Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

Next up was the CK Blue

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Seems your findings mirror most of the reviewers. I've been playing the Ahina 70 for the last 2 seasons and but ordered a Tensei Pro White 70 last night for my 917 I've got coming. Hoping to have similar results.

Β 

What a Rogue silver, 90, 110, 125?

Β 

What one did you order? S or TX?

Β 

What's your ball speed?

Thanks for all the feedback so far, Im convinced the Ck Pro White is going to be my new driver shaft

I see alot of comments about the Ck Pro Blue being better suited to the 3 wood?

Has anyone actually done this yet?

I'm going to have the CK Pro Blue that we were sent cut down and put in my 3 wood, I will post results once the club fitter has finished