Colorado WRX 2017

brianhorne8

Day 2 of club championship tomorrow. 4 guys at 2 under including me so it should be a good one! made 30 and 40 foot benders for par on 2 and 3 to keep the day going and plodded around for the rest of the day.

I'm glad I don't play in your club. I'm pretty sure our club champion doubled the 18th yesterday and still won by 2.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 2 of club championship tomorrow. 4 guys at 2 under including me so it should be a good one! made 30 and 40 foot benders for par on 2 and 3 to keep the day going and plodded around for the rest of the day.

I'm glad I don't play in your club. I'm pretty sure our club champion doubled the 18th yesterday and still won by 2.

To put things in perspective, I shot 9 over on day one and was still in the 2nd to last group on Sunday. I followed that up with an even worse round. Golf is not fun at the moment. I can't hit the ball....except on the range.

To put things in perspective, I shot 9 over on day one and was still in the 2nd to last group on Sunday. I followed that up with an even worse round. Golf is not fun at the moment. I can't hit the ball....except on the range.

That's crazy. Not including the DU, Valor, or other college guys that play at our course, I think we have in the range of 10-12 guys at scratch or better. I play a friday afternoon game sometimes where I come in as a 1 and I get 5, 4, and 3 strokes which is interesting :)

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

The course was setup to play pretty hard. The pins were brutal and the greens were fast and firm.

But scratch golfers don't play our course. We have a few sub 5 guys but we generally only see a handful of under par rounds per season.

What do everyone's weekend round plans look like?

Playing all 27 at Pole Creek on Saturday. How about you?

The course was setup to play pretty hard. The pins were brutal and the greens were fast and firm.

But scratch golfers don't play our course. We have a few sub 5 guys but we generally only see a handful of under par rounds per season.

Playing all 27 at Pole Creek on Saturday. How about you?

Nice! Got nothing. Was thinking about getting out for 18, though I may also try to play 9 "after work" this week at Riverdale (have a rain check).

Family and I are driving up to Casper, WY, to camp and watch the total solar eclipse. Can't wait!

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

MGA event on Sat, Couple Club Championship on Sunday.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

Rocky Mountain Open in Grand Junction this weekend. I just got the tee times and found out I'm playing with one of my best buds whom I'm actually driving up with in the first two rounds.

Splitting a 4 BR house with him and a couple pros. Looks like it's going to be a good weekend.

Playing Keystone on Saturday, then have my second round match play on Sunday. Should be a good weekend. Hoping storms stay away in the mountains!

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

I didn't play at all this past weekend, and don't think I'll get out this weekend either. Trying to pinch pennies, and unfortunately, golf is the biggest non-essential expense in my life right now. 2+ weeks is the longest I've gone without a round all season.

Roommate and I have to move, and trying to come up with deposits + rent + moving expenses + my regular bills is making me go crazy.

Good luck to all of you guys this weekend! I know it'd be a disaster, but I really should start playing tournaments or a men's league or something.

Jacob, I hear you. If I get out this weekend, it'll be the only time I can play until October, it seems. Between traveling for work three times in September and budgeting, finding the time and money for golf is tough sometimes.

Playing Keystone on Saturday, then have my second round match play on Sunday. Should be a good weekend. Hoping storms stay away in the mountains!

River or Ranch? I loved the River course and I've heard it's better but I don't know myself.

Good luck in your match.

River. My buddies uncle is hooking us up with the local rate at $64. Figured I couldn't pass up that up!

Edel E-1

Good luck to all of you guys this weekend! I know it'd be a disaster, but I really should start playing tournaments or a men's league or something.

Jacob, I hear you. If I get out this weekend, it'll be the only time I can play until October, it seems. Between traveling for work three times in September and budgeting, finding the time and money for golf is tough sometimes.

Brian, it's always a disaster at first. There's no way to get used to tournament pressure other than experiencing it. Playing in a men's league is the best way to get some competitive experience without it being overwhelming I think. Once you're feeling up to it then tee it up in a CGA, GC Am Tour, or Golfweek Am Tour event. I've already expressed my opinion on best bang for buck but to each his own.

Even the Rocky Mountain Open this weekend has a net 3hcp and over flight.

Jacob, good luck with the move. That stuff isn't much fun but it has to be done sometimes.

River or Ranch? I loved the River course and I've heard it's better but I don't know myself.

Good luck in your match.

River. My buddies uncle is hooking us up with the local rate at $64. Figured I couldn't pass up that up!

You are correct. Let us know how much you like it and how the conditions are. The CGA Mid-Am is there in a few weeks. There are some super cool, stunning golf holes out there.

Rocky Mountain Open in Grand Junction this weekend. I just got the tee times and found out I'm playing with one of my best buds whom I'm actually driving up with in the first two rounds.

Splitting a 4 BR house with him and a couple pros. Looks like it's going to be a good weekend.

Sounds like a fun time. Play well!

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Back nine at GVR ate me alive on Sunday. I shot 42 on the front including a double on 1 and another double on 9. Hit one of the best shots of my life into 2 for a 1ft tap in birdie. Overall felt pretty good, but just a couple of loose shots cost me.

Then the back nine... melt down city. That second shot on 11 just gets in my head. I don't think I ever had better than bogey there. This week I push sliced my approach into the hazard, ended up with double. Then on 12 pushed second shot into weeds on right and stuck in a spiny bush; had to take unplayable. Put first tee ball into water on 13. Three putted 14. Push/slice approach on 15 into water. Put my tee shot too far right on 16 and had to go over trees; clipped a branch that kicked ball into hazard. 5 penalties in 6 holes on the back. Uggggggghhh. I'm not really sure what happened. None of the swings really felt that terrible. None were stupid decisions. All shots that resulted in penalties were from the fairway or tee box. Just a total nightmare.

Got a tee time lined up to play Red Hawk Ridge on Sunday morning. I typically seem to play pretty well there most of the time. I'm hoping to get a nice round to get some confidence back. Then I'll be back to GVR to try again. I know I can play so much better there.

Back nine at GVR ate me alive on Sunday. I shot 42 on the front including a double on 1 and another double on 9. Hit one of the best shots of my life into 2 for a 1ft tap in birdie. Overall felt pretty good, but just a couple of loose shots cost me.

Then the back nine... melt down city. That second shot on 11 just gets in my head. I don't think I ever had better than bogey there. This week I push sliced my approach into the hazard, ended up with double. Then on 12 pushed second shot into weeds on right and stuck in a spiny bush; had to take unplayable. Put first tee ball into water on 13. Three putted 14. Push/slice approach on 15 into water. Put my tee shot too far right on 16 and had to go over trees; clipped a branch that kicked ball into hazard. 5 penalties in 6 holes on the back. Uggggggghhh. I'm not really sure what happened. None of the swings really felt that terrible. None were stupid decisions. All shots that resulted in penalties were from the fairway or tee box. Just a total nightmare.

Got a tee time lined up to play Red Hawk Ridge on Sunday morning. I typically seem to play pretty well there most of the time. I'm hoping to get a nice round to get some confidence back. Then I'll be back to GVR to try again. I know I can play so much better there.

Don't let it get you down. The game is certainly frustrating at times. Last month, I made the turn there shooting a 40,then collapsed on the back shooting a 47. The back nine, in my opinion, is tougher than the front. I'm not sure if you know this, but a miss left on the approach to 11 oftentimes ends up on the green. I tend to aim left of the pin in most cases to avoid the big trouble on the right. I've gotten plenty of great kicks off that hill to be on the green.

Edel E-1

Picked up a G400 LS Tec from golf galaxy last night. Hoping it fixes ALL of my recent driving problems... FYI superstore didn't have any, most preorders are still waiting, and golf galaxy randomly had like 5 of the LS Tecs...

Picked up a G400 LS Tec from golf galaxy last night. Hoping it fixes ALL of my recent driving problems... FYI superstore didn't have any, most preorders are still waiting, and golf galaxy randomly had like 5 of the LS Tecs...

Want to test it Sunday afternoon?

I have member-member saturday/sunday this weekend at Highlands Ranch so hopefully I'll be drinking a beer celebrating sunday afternoon :)

Nice - just picked up a JPX900 driver.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Nice - just picked up a JPX900 driver.

Those are really discounted right now. I almost bought one but I bought a lightly uaed M1. How does it hit?

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

I have member-member saturday/sunday this weekend at Highlands Ranch so hopefully I'll be drinking a beer celebrating sunday afternoon :)

The one at 92nd and Sheridan also has like 4. I'll stick with Epic for at least another week or two, lol.

The one at 92nd and Sheridan also has like 4. I'll stick with Epic for at least another week or two, lol.

you sound like my brother, he goes through almost as many drivers as I do putters...I'm about to go test out putter number 437 on the year....luckily it was just one sitting in my garage again.