SuperSpeed Golf training system

Anyone else willing to submit your information to me? Give me your trackman, or flightscope or gc2-hmt or gcq max driver speed and also your max red ssg club speed when swinging at something like a tee preferably.

This is just to satisfy my golf nerdism. I started a little list to help show the relationship between swinging the heavy ssg club and a standard driver.

Thanks to those that have helped me out so far.

I would be really interested in this information. It would be awesome to see the relationship between any of the colors and your actual SS. Could you share what you have collected so far?

Anyone else willing to submit your information to me? Give me your trackman, or flightscope or gc2-hmt or gcq max driver speed and also your max red ssg club speed when swinging at something like a tee preferably.

This is just to satisfy my golf nerdism. I started a little list to help show the relationship between swinging the heavy ssg club and a standard driver.

Thanks to those that have helped me out so far.

I would be really interested in this information. It would be awesome to see the relationship between any of the colors and your actual SS. Could you share what you have collected so far?

Basically if you follow what I outline above, it seems swing speed with a standard length driver is about 3 mph +- from your red ssg readings. I can try and organize what I have into some kind of spread sheet. Its just some very basic data i have obtained from about 8 people so far.

Keep in mind, there can be outliers to this which is why i am trying to gather data, to see how strong of a correlation it indeed is.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

While no wheres near what some have reported, I have broken the triple digit threshold using my home made stick which I estimate (Still have not bought a scale) to be near the Blue SSG stick. I do not following the protocols precisely, but there is improvement each session. I do not do step throughs, and only minimum opposite sides. I do warm up a little, and sessions probably last half hour or so. The SSR seems to be accurate and consistent. I had broken the LCD screen but Sports Sensors, Inc. sent me a replacement screen at no charge.

"Non rinunciare mai quello
che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

Driver: Titleist 913D

Fairway: Tour Edge XCG 7

Hybrids: Bobby Jones(Jesse Ortiz) Blackbird 3,4,5,6

Irons: 3-PW Titleist 710 MB (Rifle Project X 6.0 Flighted)

Wedges: Tour Edge 52, 56 deg, Cleveland RTX 50 deg 

Putter: Odyssey Custom Metal X 7

I'm getting to the end of Level 1 and decided to share my progress to see how it compares to all of you. I've seen decent gains in just about everything and the most gain in the kneeling swings. Throughout this process I have seen points of plateau but luckily have been able to battle through them. The one thing I think helped fight through times when I didn't gain for a few weeks was trying to get stronger through working out.

I dont know what my actual swing speed is because I live in the midwest and haven't had a chance to even get outside. I started at 107 and my goal is to get to 120.

Has anyone seen their handicap lowered because of their gain in speed?

Haven't made a final decision yet, but I'm 99% sure that I'm giving it up. I was an aggressive swinger already, and while I did pick up 4-5 mph in speed with the red stick after 6 weeks or so, I haven't really seen it translate with an actual club or with ball speeds. I think I injured myself twice, once in the upper back/neck area and once on my right elbow. I think it also caused me to revert to my old swing which was very long with an over the top move. It's not great and any swing speed increases are probably negated by increased spin and poor contact. I definitely think this is a great program for anyone that seriously needs more club head speed but it just wasn't a good fit for me.

Haven't made a final decision yet, but I'm 99% sure that I'm giving it up. I was an aggressive swinger already, and while I did pick up 4-5 mph in speed with the red stick after 6 weeks or so, I haven't really seen it translate with an actual club or with ball speeds. I think I injured myself twice, once in the upper back/neck area and once on my right elbow. I think it also caused me to revert to my old swing which was very long with an over the top move. It's not great and any swing speed increases are probably negated by increased spin and poor contact. I definitely think this is a great program for anyone that seriously needs more club head speed but it just wasn't a good fit for me.

If you are looking to get rid of them let me know. I have been contemplating picking up the real deal just for direct comparisons to other's numbers.

Over the last 5-6 weeks, I've been on and off SSG. I've been extremely busy (wife is 37 weeks pregnant!) among other things. But, I've been trying to get back into doing it at least 2x per week for the last couple weeks. I've lost a couple MPH in speed according to the radar, but nothing I can't get back. Literally 3-4mph with each club, which isn't bad. BUT....went to the PGA SS yesterday and recorded my personal best ball speed by 1mph. Also matched my previous high 2x and was hitting pretty consistently.

Case in point....even if you take a little time off, as long as you have completed at least 4-6 weeks of training, you really do maintain your speed.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

Sounds like you may be a bit conflicted (me, too). I still envision a law suit against the company some day. I would wager that they have sought legal advice on this however. fwiw, I like the program and will continue using (with caution ).

che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

I'm sure there is legal jargon 'fine print' in white text size 1 Arial somewhere on the receipt.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

Sounds like you may be a bit conflicted (me, too). I still envision a law suit against the company some day. I would wager that they have sought legal advice on this however. fwiw, I like the program and will continue using (with caution ).

I'd sure hope not, I wouldn't sue the exercise equipment company if I tore a bicep or got carpal tunnel or something using their dumbbells. I hope nobody would sue for that type of thing. Now if the golf club spontaneously explodes and paralyzes you from the waist down... you might have something more substantial.

I'd sure hope not, I wouldn't sue the exercise equipment company if I tore a bicep or got carpal tunnel or something using their dumbbells. I hope nobody would sue for that type of thing. Now if the golf club spontaneously explodes and paralyzes you from the waist down... you might have something more substantial.

One thing I have started doing to minimize injury from aggressive "air" swings is to use a "birdie ball". It inspires confidence and besides, I like the "kewl" sound they make. I can go full throttle into a net with no worries.

che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

As far as injuries goes, some common sense is needed. When you get faster you begin to work along you current physical limits.

For instance today i hit 130 on the red stick, which was a new record for me. During the swing i felt a slight tug in a nerve in my left thumb.

I am guessing my limit is currently hand/grip strength for swinging the red stick at higher speeds.

When i hit 130, felt the nerve spasm, i quit for the day.

Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
Biomech Acculock
Snell MTB Black

As far as injuries goes, some common sense is needed. When you get faster you begin to work along you current physical limits.

For instance today i hit 130 on the red stick, which was a new record for me. During the swing i felt a slight tug in a nerve in my left thumb.

I am guessing my limit is currently hand/grip strength for swinging the red stick at higher speeds.

When i hit 130, felt the nerve spasm, i quit for the day.

I do the same thing. Anytime I feel anything weird I stop for the day. No powering through or “just one more swing”.

Lol, great advice: "if you injure yourself during a swing, then stop swinging." Duh...

"too late".....Duh

But Doctor, my head hurts so much when I bang it on the door. What should I do?

"don't bang your head on the door"

che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

Not sure how many people in here are as gunho about club speed as I am but I created a calculator that I think works fairly well. It isn't perfect but it seems to be quite accurate for several people so far. If anyone wants to try it out, use it and or test it and give me feedback that would be excellent and I will send it to you. All it does is calculate clubhead speed with your driver given your red ssg club numbers. I also added a smash factor portion that requires some extra input.

The most important thing to remember when using this calculator, is that you really should swing at something with the red ssg club. Like something you actually intend to hit like a tee. This will give you the most realistic correlation to your driver swing speed. I am not 100% certain if some of these higher numbers myself and other people achieve with the red club are not just SSR misreading, but for many, it is hard to swing like that and actually hit a ball. It may very well be that physically you could expect to swing a driver around that speed, but when a ball is on a tee, it probably won't happen. You would have to learn to make that happen. Perhaps that is what long driver people figure out. How to actually strike a ball well and give it everything their body can produce. I know I cannot do that at the moment.

Anyways, for those that want it let me know. Below is a picture of it.

Not sure how many people in here are as gunho about club speed as I am but I created a calculator that I think works fairly well. It isn't perfect but it seems to be quite accurate for several people so far. If anyone wants to try it out, use it and or test it and give me feedback that would be excellent and I will send it to you. All it does is calculate clubhead speed with your driver given your red ssg club numbers. I also added a smash factor portion that requires some extra input.

The most important thing to remember when using this calculator, is that you really should swing at something with the red ssg club. Like something you actually intend to hit like a tee. This will give you the most realistic correlation to your driver swing speed. I am not 100% certain if some of these higher numbers myself and other people achieve with the red club are not just SSR misreading, but for many, it is hard to swing like that and actually hit a ball. It may very well be that physically you could expect to swing a driver around that speed, but when a ball is on a tee, it probably won't happen. You would have to learn to make that happen. Perhaps that is what long driver people figure out. How to actually strike a ball well and give it everything their body can produce. I know I cannot do that at the moment.

Looks good. Should be interesting to see how accurate it is.

Looks good. Should be interesting to see how accurate it is.

Thanks. If you want to try it, PM me.

Lol, great advice: "if you injure yourself during a swing, then stop swinging." Duh...

There is a difference between injury and having some athletic body awareness

Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
Biomech Acculock
Snell MTB Black

I'm getting to the end of Level 1 and decided to share my progress to see how it compares to all of you. I've seen decent gains in just about everything and the most gain in the kneeling swings. Throughout this process I have seen points of plateau but luckily have been able to battle through them. The one thing I think helped fight through times when I didn't gain for a few weeks was trying to get stronger through working out.

I dont know what my actual swing speed is because I live in the midwest and haven't had a chance to even get outside. I started at 107 and my goal is to get to 120.

Higher swing speed equals further offline so if you primarily play a tight course your ball will end up further in the woods, OB and water. But at least you'll be able to say you're hitting it further. Unless you're already a very good golfer or your starting swing speeds were pathetic expect to be a worse golfer initially. IMO.

Anyone know how accurate this radar they sell with the system is? Somewhere around 5-8 mph overstated sound about right? I got fitted for a driver last May and was 112 on Trackman. I bought SS during the summer and I was around 115 swinging my driver at a tee. After using it for a while I was between 122-126 hitting balls at the range. Just curious what actual swing speed was because I really have no idea.

what''s the general consensus on this thing? helps or not?

If by helps you mean will you hit your driver further after using the sticks for a month the answer is yes. I didn't even do the program. I just swung each club three times rightly three sets of three then swung the green another four times for good measure and besides my neck being sore the next day there were no other issues. Doing all the other crap they want you to do is overkill imo.

Higher swing speed equals further offline so if you primarily play a tight course your ball will end up further in the woods, OB and water. But at least you'll be able to say you're hitting it further. Unless you're already a very good golfer or your starting swing speeds were pathetic expect to be a worse golfer initially. IMO.

Anyone know how accurate this radar they sell with the system is? Somewhere around 5-8 mph overstated sound about right? I got fitted for a driver last May and was 112 on Trackman. I bought SS during the summer and I was around 115 swinging my driver at a tee. After using it for a while I was between 122-126 hitting balls at the range. Just curious what actual swing speed was because I really have no idea.

SSR can vary wildly. If you have a very consistent swing and are a good golfer, it will show you that you are increasing your swing speed and by how much. There is no reliable percent off. The faster you are able swing, the more off it can be.

See my calculator above. Guaranteed a much more reliable method for estimating your swing speed. A quick and easier way is to just swing your red stick at a tee hard as you can but try hard to hit the tee as if a ball is on it. SSR reads actual speed of these sticks very very accurately. Within a mph or two from what i have observed. Whatever you can swing the red stick under those circumstances should match closely with what you can do with a standard length driver.

There's absolutely no doubt that this is the best training aid I've ever used.....and I've tried plenty. Not only does it train your muscles to swing faster, but it also improves the kinematic sequence. It also has a secondary benefit of providing a good workout.

My swing speed with the driver was typically in the 88-92 mph range. After the first couple of weeks of the introductory protocal, I was in the 92-96 range. I just finished that protocal and now I'm moving to Level 1.

There's absolutely no doubt that this is the best training aid I've ever used.....and I've tried plenty. Not only does it train your muscles to swing faster, but it also improves the kinematic sequence. It also has a secondary benefit of providing a good workout.

My swing speed with the driver was typically in the 88-92 mph range. After the first couple of weeks of the introductory protocal, I was in the 92-96 range. I just finished that protocal and now I'm moving to Level 1.

Agreed 100%. And the workout is not only "golf specific" for swing speed, but also for stamina in the swing.

Agreed 100%. And the workout is not only "golf specific" for swing speed, but also for stamina in the swing.

Lol yesterday on my apple watch my heart rate was at like 135 swinging these clubs. I had sweat pouring down my face.

I started the program but I am wondering how effective for my swing could be to swing out of my shoes every time. I'm worried that it will promote bad habits that will spill over into my golf swing. When I play like garbage it's because I'm over swinging.

I can't speak for anyone else but it definitely made my swing longer (in a bad way) and brought back an old over the top move that I had. It will definitely add speed...no denying that...but the effects on my actual swing make it hard to justify for me.