Gmc Terrain and golf clubs/gear

neonsohc

I was looking to buy a GMC Terrain and like a lot about the vehicle until I looked at the cargo area. Doesn't seem like too much space for my clubs, push cart and trunk organizer. Just wondering if there is anyone on here that owns a Terrain and if they have a problem getting their golf stuff in theirs.

I don't want to have to put the seats down to get my clubs in the vehicle.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a Terrain. Clubs never laid right, unless the back seat was slid forward. It's sad my Regal has no issue with storing my clubs.

I just noticed looking online about the sliding rear seat. I figured I would have to have that slid forward all the time. And then what would that do for sitting room and room for my daughters car seat.

Don't do it. We had an Equinox (Chevy equivalent) for a year and it just seemed like there was never enough space for anything, including people....except the dashboard, that thing seemed massive.

Ended up selling it after only a year and buying a Traverse. Way better.

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

Don't do it. We had an Equinox (Chevy equivalent) for a year and it just seemed like there was never enough space for anything, including people....except the dashboard, that thing seemed massive.

We have an equinox (wifes car), I feel like my corolla has a bigger trunk.

The equinox has a taller trunk of course just because of the layout, but the trunk isn't huge and isn't that wide either.

A lot of these smaller trucks or hatchbacks don't have the same type of room as a sedan back there.

Also they are sloooooooowwwwww. My corolla feels like a sports car by comparison and it has 130hp lol

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

The equinox has a taller trunk of course just because of the layout, but the trunk isn't huge and isn't that wide either.

A lot of these smaller trucks or hatchbacks don't have the same type of room as a sedan back there.

Also they are sloooooooowwwwww. My corolla feels like a sports car by comparison and it has 130hp lol

Right now I have an optima and I have a ton of trunk space. Especially compared to the terrain. I was just looking to get a larger vehicle and I was shocked at how small the cargo space was in the terrain. My wife has a sorento and that cargo space is rather large with under compartment storage.

Right now I have an optima and I have a ton of trunk space. Especially compared to the terrain. I was just looking to get a larger vehicle and I was shocked at how small the cargo space was in the terrain. My wife has a sorento and that cargo space is rather large with under compartment storage.

Had my wife's Honda CRV in for service and saw the 2017 CRV on the showroom floor. My wife's version barely fits a bag of clubs in it, let alone hers and mine...forget about a push cart. The 2017 looks way more accommodating for golf stuff.

This is your anser OP. Mrs. had a Equinox. She could barely get her bag in, mine no chance. And I'm not removing clubs to do it. Had to fold down the seat to get both bags in. Albeit never used her vehicle much to transport to the course. After a couple of years, she even grew tired of the lack of sufficient rear storage capacity. And the lack of engine performance, she was always complaining that "it was a dog". Sold it and bought a GMC Acadia (same as Traverse). As CPP sez, way better.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

DW has a '15 Escape. We can manage to get two bags in horizontally with a couple of push carts, but the woods must come out and be placed on top behind the wheel wells and the wheels have to come off the carts. It's a pain in the arse to say the least. I have no such issues with my '10 Escape in which I have carried up to four bags of clubs behind the rear seat.

Another fine example of change isn't necessarily progress depending upon priorities. It never ceases to amaze me how the car manufacturers can increase cargo volume yet not really hold more stuff in any practical sense.

I have a lady friend whom I play with regularly; she can store the kitchen sink in the boot of her Corolla! Two bags with carts? Piece of cake!

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I take driver and three wood out and lay them on top of the bag.

I suggest people do that anyways no matter what vehicle unless the bag is secured itself from moving at all. I'm fairly certain that's how I broke a shaft on my driver (Fujikura Fuel) from the bag sliding left/right in the trunk with the full weight of the bag sliding against the trunk/storage wall. The driver, being the tallest took all the weight of the bag and contents, on the turns.

So my suggestion is either secure the bag from moving at all, or take out the driver/3W.

In the trunk of my Chevy SS Sedan, everything fits with a lot of room to spare. Clicgear push cart, bag with clubs (fit with them in, but I take them out anyways), shoe bag, and also a big container with lid for all the loose stuff. I can fit two bags in there with everything still.

--kC

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

Small suvs do not have much truck space at all.

A person will have to move up to a midsize suv to get "decent" truck space.

For all the equipment the OP is wanting to haul around then a full size suv like the tahoe or suburban would be ideal.

It's a bit of a bummer hearing all this confirming what I initially thought. I didn't want to go to a big suv, just wanted something with more room than my current car. Apparently all the smaller suvs seem to have this problem. It's amazing to me that an suv would have less cargo ability than a mid-size sedan.

The only suv I have seen that would accommodate what I need is the sorrento. I just don't know if I really want another sorrento, since we already have one my wife drives.

That's the fun part about styling. You don't have to look at it when you're driving it. Subarus have become some of the safest capable transporters in this day and age. A-B cars, low maintenance and cheap to maintain/run/insure.

Bonus if you live where it snows and you throw snow tires on it.

--kC

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

Then one reaches a point when you say to hell with style'n. I just want to carry all the necessary stuff when traveling. Golf clubs, carts, coolers, the Mrs. wardrobe collection. Without even needing to fold down the rear seats unless extra stuff is acquired during the journey.

And you go out and buy a minivan. Don't even have to worry about scientific packing. Boring? Absolutely. Function over form. The old man's whip. Sigh.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Then one reaches a point when you say to hell with style'n. I just want to carry all the necessary stuff when traveling. Golf clubs, carts, coolers, the Mrs. wardrobe collection. Without even needing to fold down the rear seats unless extra stuff is acquired during the journey.

And you go out and buy a minivan. Don't even have to worry about scientific packing. Boring? Absolutely. Function over form. The old man's whip. Sigh.

it doesn't have to be that way anymore!

porsche, maserati, bmw, and jaguar are offering fun to drive reasonably sized crossovers. in the normal people price range...that's a little harder.

That's the fun part about styling. You don't have to look at it when you're driving it. Subarus have become some of the safest capable transporters in this day and age. A-B cars, low maintenance and cheap to maintain/run/insure.

Bonus if you live where it snows and you throw snow tires on it.

--kC

Quite a few Outbacks and a Forester of two in our extended family. I will concede that they have space, lots of space, but gawd are they uncomfortable to ride in. The back seats are uninhabitable for a journey more than a half hour!

They aren't the best on gas either, but you can't have everything. Mind you, when you live in Canuckistan, the land of the carbon tax, then gas consumption becomes just about all that matters! :angry:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Dammit, don't make us agree twice in this thread.

But yeah, the issue you ultimately run into is the wheel wells which intrude into the trunk of the smaller SUV's. Minivans and the larger ones don't have this issue. I've had a minivan for going on 10 years now (welp), and the best thing about it is being able to load my clubs in back to front.

I should totally take it over to Maaco and get flames painted on the side

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

it doesn't have to be that way anymore!

porsche, maserati, bmw, and jaguar are offering fun to drive reasonably sized crossovers. in the normal people price range...that's a little harder.

My Jag F-Pace wasn't too outrageous. Another family in the neighborhood spent more on a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Although, I passed on all the extra safety options because I hate having my car blinking and buzzing and beeping all the damn time.

This is why I don't want to upgrade from my 2008 Trailblazer. My clubs fit perfectly across the back storage area and I've put about 6 sets in it at one time. Any of the smaller SUVs you won't be able to, and honestly the Traverse looks too much like a mini van to me to upgrade. I'm hoping they eventually re-release the Trailblazer, it was the perfect slightly more truck than car midsized SUV. I don't really have the room in my garage for a full sized truck, but I've been eyeballing the 2017 Ridgeline and really like all it has to offer (I believe the lockable trunk space can hold a set or two).

Aerojet LS 9* - Aerojet LS 14.5* - Baffler 17.5* - Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

This is why I don't want to upgrade from my 2008 Trailblazer. My clubs fit perfectly across the back storage area and I've put about 6 sets in it at one time. Any of the smaller SUVs you won't be able to, and honestly the Traverse looks too much like a mini van to me to upgrade. I'm hoping they eventually re-release the Trailblazer, it was the perfect slightly more truck than car midsized SUV. I don't really have the room in my garage for a full sized truck, but I've been eyeballing the 2017 Ridgeline and really like all it has to offer (I believe the lockable trunk space can hold a set or two).

Agree 100%, we had a 2005 Trailblazer EXT and it was perfect for hauling gear and people. It started having problems so we got rid of it but if Chevy ever re-released it. I would be the first in line.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Go buy a Dodge Durango...best looking 3-row SUV on the market and tons of rooms for your stuff with the 3rd row folded down (which is how mine is 99% of the time). On our annual golf trip we have four large adults (like 6'3" 200+ lb guys), four golf bags, four suitcases and a huge cooler. It all fits easily and nobody has to adjust their seat to accommodate. No need for a minivan!