Arccos 360 vs GameGolf vs GolfPad Tags

**UPDATE 3** July 2017.

GolfPad Link is now available. Initial testing showed APP is not ready. Pairing stopped in the middle of a round and I had to hard-reset the Link system.

Arccos Caddy (The A.I. analyzer) is in Beta for iPhone only. It's not bad.. but I haven't used it after a initial peek. It gives out very bland and sometimes bad suggestions.

I've been using Arccos for almost five months. Accuracy is not optimal on tee shots. I tried going back to GolfPad and forgot to tag many shots. Looks like I've been spoiled with Arccos.

**UPDATE 2**

Arccos launched beta dashboard which looks super dope and it enables editing shots on PC and you can assign penalty to specific shots. It seems like Arccos is fixing everything that I has issues with. Very impressive!!

If you play multiple rounds at a same course, Arccos gives you one scorecard with avg scores of all the rounds. I think Arccos is only one that has this feature.

They said course analyzer coming in May. I can't wait to see what it'll be like. It feels like they are pushing the right buttons and doing it perfectly right.

Now, only if they would improve Android App, I would be completely sold.

**UPDATE**

I have used Arccos for previous 2 months and have been pleasant so far. I tried going back to golfpad but kept forgetting to Tag and switched back to Arccos.

*Critical error of GolfPadGPS: It cannot recognize Sand.

To me, this is mind-boggling because GolfPAD promotes that they have most accurate GPS, yet they cannot recognize Sand?? I've let them know and got reply "Will forward to development" answer.

I love golf and I love stats. I have used GG and Golfpad App for a long time, purchased Arccos 360 few weeks ago and did some rounds. I wanted to show more detailed screenshots for each Apps that no reviews online currently have. Look at the stats page and not my crappy records. lol

I have not used any SNS sharing part of Apps.

*Tried to put in pictures in order but it automatically got inserted randomly. Some pictures are not in order.

Arccos

*has a cool demo page where you can see stats page.

Pro

• Not having to scan tags is great.
  • Stat page is very modern and well detailed in many sections
  • Overview page of a round with green circles showing strokes gained is neat!
  • Upcoming Course Analyzer looks VERY intriguing

Con

• Not able to edit on PC Fixed
  • Android APP is HORRIFIC. Do not buy if you plan to use with Android
  • Tag is $20/pop if you want extra or lose it. 1yr warranty
  • You can't see which shot resulted in a penalty
  • Putting scores are very poorly recorded. (Not yet had a round with correct # of putts) ** NOW Much better
  • You have to register your clubs before tagging can work.

Game Golf

Pro

• Able to edit on PC
  • Easy to Tag
  • Just enough amount of Stats pages
  • Very easy to add/edit multiple clubs (and compare)
  • Support is very helpful and sends out tags for free if yours get damaged
  • You don't have to register clubs before tagging.
  • Generous number of Tags supplied. (I think 18 tags are inside)

Con

• Stats implementation has not improved for almost 2years with no significant improvement in sight
  • You can't omit a bad shot from stat tracker. (i.e. 90yd shanker off tee will be included in overall calculation)

GolfpadGPS

Pro

• Good and proven GPS tracking APP.
  • Support is great with plans to improve app and Tags
  • Smart Watch support is great. This app was one of very first to support smart watch. (remember Pebble?)
  • Very easy to add/edit shots on the APP
  • Good stats page
  • 15 Tags provided

Con

• Stats page is too bland and can't differentiate many things with one-look view
  • APP is subscription based if you want to use premier features.
  • Can't edit on PC
  • Cannot remove clubs completely from APP. You can 'retire' a club but it still is in the list. If you are a ho, you will have a VERY LONG list of clubs in settings page. They fixed it!
  • TAGs need to be almost perpendicular to the phone when tagging. VERY awkward.
  • Clubs needs to be paired before tagging. (Although paring is VERY easy)

My overall experience with 3 trackers are positive. Each of them has pros and cons that negates one from winning out completely. If I had Arccos no-tagging with accuracy of GolfPad GPS and good Android support, I would buy that one. But because I own Android as a main phone, and Arccos does not record 100% accurate putts, which means I always have to edit after round.. Arccos is not for me (as least not yet) In May, Course Analyzer will launch and I think it might be a game-changer.

I've used GameGolf for 3 years until I realized it's not going to improve in stat-usage. It is very accurate and you can see club's distance with ease.. but that's about it.

GolfPadGPS seems like it's being updated every month with good new features. I can tell the guys are working very hard. Their currently TAG require phone in pocket and TAGS needs to be almost perpendicular to the back of the phone, (which makes it very hard to TAG) but they are releasing Links, which is like GameGolf belt-buckle unit, in May. If they fix the issue where clubs can be deleted completely from the stats, this will be my gamer until Arccos can get good Android app.

If you have any Q. feel free to jump in.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the fantastic write up. As someone who played his first round with GolfPad this morning but had previously spent a year with both Arccos and GameGolf I would 100% agree with your assessment (in fact I had to check twice that I did not write it :-))

I have always said I want GameGolf hardware and Arccos backend. I think the new GolfLink on GolfPad could be that middle ground which is why I am trying it currently without tags as I am Apple based.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Frankfurt

Thanks for the fantastic write up. As someone who played his first round with GolfPad this morning but had previously spent a year with both Arccos and GameGolf I would 100% agree with your assessment (in fact I had to check twice that I did not write it :-))

I have always said I want GameGolf hardware and Arccos backend. I think the new GolfLink on GolfPad could be that middle ground which is why I am trying it currently without tags as I am Apple based.

You and I share something in common. :) I can't wait for Golfpad Link.

What issues have you had with the Arccos and putting? I just started using the Arccos and haven't had any issues that I've noticed with the putter. Only thing I really wish they changed was to make it easier to mark where the flag is. It's a bit cumbersome to do it now.

I have iphone 6 and that might be a reason why, but I always get recorded 2putt. My routine is simple stance and one practice swing, step in, then putt. If I miss (mostly within gimme distance) I pick up.. but Arccos always gives me 2 putt. I don't want to change me routine so arccos can correctly pick up strokes. so that's why I prefer tagging

I have iphone 6 and that might be a reason why, but I always get recorded 2putt. My routine is simple stance and one practice swing, step in, then putt. If I miss (mostly within gimme distance) I pick up.. but Arccos always gives me 2 putt. I don't want to change me routine so arccos can correctly pick up strokes. so that's why I prefer tagging

That's bizarre...I don't know why that routine would cause 2 putts to register based on my understanding of how the sensors work. Have you tried emailing them about this? They've been very responsive every time I've had a question or issue.

Great write up though, interesting to see the differences between these.

I am in on the Kickstarter for the Link as well and am really excited to see it in action. As my phone has really bad NFC (HTC 10), I had to move away from the tags and just use my phone's GPS and record with my smartwatch. GameGolf still doesn't support Android Wear so that is a non-starter.

As a correction, you can remove shots from the stat tracker but you do it from the app and not on the website (uncheck the box next to the shot in your club data to remove it, you can also do it from the menu next to the shot on the hole overview). They have also added accuracy/dispersion stats as well last summer.

iOjicZT.jpg

That is my bad. I misread the shot removal from the GameGolf section. I contacted their support about removing clubs a while ago because they used to let you do it and they said that they would look into adding it back. My best guess would be that removal would mess with their internal shot database, even though it shouldn't if they set it up properly.

• 1 month later...

**UPDATE**

I have used Arccos for previous 2 months and have been pleasant so far. I tried going back to golfpad but kept forgetting to Tag and switched back to Arccos.

*Critical error of GolfPadGPS: It cannot recognize Sand.

To me, this is mind-boggling because GolfPAD promotes that they have most accurate GPS, yet they cannot recognize Sand?? I've let them know and got reply "Will forward to development" answer.

Great job with the write up!

You said Game Golf hasn't updated their statistics feature. How do you mean? There are only so many statistics you can have. Thanks!

GameGolf stat's most regretting part is that you cannot omit a shot. Every shot (even a shanker) is included in the stats so it might skew the final results significantly.

Also stat page is hard to navigate and they haven't updated it for 2-3 years.

I just logged in and saw they updated the page to include 'Like' button... lol

There is another one out there called Shot Scope.

Good reviews over at my golf spy and a forum topic here: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1360976-shot-scope-tracking-system/

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Taylormade M2[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Nike Sumo 3w, 5w[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Nike CPR 26*[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged, 5-PW[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Cleveland 588 RTX 50,54,58[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Scotty Futura X7M DB[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Precision Pro NX7 Pro[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Arccos Game Tracker[/size][/font][/color]

What I would love to see is these type of shot trackers compared to a Trackman or GC2. I am interested in the accuracy of these compared to a fairly tried and true tracking system.

???

These don't provide the same function as a Trackman or other launch monitor. They know nothing about the ball's speed, trajectory, spin, path, etc. They just plot where each shot ended up. Including shots hit from the fairway, not only the tee.

NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON GOLFWRX

Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

Do you carry your phone in your pocket? Or leave it in the bag or pushcart when using the Arccos?

Back pocket will get your the most accurate results. The GPS location is marked from the phone, not from the sensor. Say you leave your phone/push cart in the fairway when you go to hit your ball in the rough, well now Arccos thinks you are hitting the ball from the fairway and will give you a FIR when it really wasn't one.

Titleist TSR3 8° Tensei Pro Orange 1K 60TX
Taylormade SIM Ti 5W 19° Tensei Pro White 70 TX
Taylormade SIM Tour Issue 19° 5W Diamana BF 80 TX
Mizuno JPX 921 Tours w/ Mitsubishi MMT TX125
Taylormade MG3 50.9/56.12 (TW)/60.11 (TW) w/ Mitsubishi MMT S125

Scotty Cameron Craftsman Squareback Proto 33.5"

Do you carry your phone in your pocket? Or leave it in the bag or pushcart when using the Arccos?

Back pocket will get your the most accurate results. The GPS location is marked from the phone, not from the sensor. Say you leave your phone/push cart in the fairway when you go to hit your ball in the rough, well now Arccos thinks you are hitting the ball from the fairway and will give you a FIR when it really wasn't one.

I played 1st round with phone in back pocket and it was skippy. In front pocket, no problem.

**UPDATE 2**

Arccos launched beta dashboard which looks super dope and it enables editing shots on PC and you can assign penalty to specific shots. It seems like Arccos is fixing everything that I had issues with. Very impressive!!

If you play multiple rounds at a same course, Arccos gives you one scorecard with avg scores of all the rounds. I think Arccos is only one that has this feature.

They said course analyzer coming in May. I can't wait to see what it'll be like. It feels like they are pushing the right buttons and doing it perfectly right.

Now, only if they would improve Android App, I would be completely sold.!

I LIKE THIS!!!

I wish that Arccos would just add full Apple Watch 2 capabilities as I can't stand having a phone in my pocket. I bought the apple watch 2 as I thought it would work but after emailing with their customer support, no luck. They use the microphone in the iphone apparently (but the AW2 also has a microphone....)

I'm not using the system until they make it so I don't need a phone.

That is my bad. I misread the shot removal from the GameGolf section. I contacted their support about removing clubs a while ago because they used to let you do it and they said that they would look into adding it back. My best guess would be that removal would mess with their internal shot database, even though it shouldn't if they set it up properly.

I haven't had any issues removing clubs. I have 2 sets in my Game Golf "bag". I keep my old G30s in the bag without assigning any tags to them, so that I can still see them in my stats if I want to, but continue to track my iE1 series irons I just got using my tags.

I can then compare easily on the site my average 8i or 7i distance for example, and see both the G30 and the iE1 averages together.. it's quite nice.

I did notice last night though, that when I sorted out my bag using the website online, I have both irons showing up in the app as choices when selecting a club using the app. I did need to go into the app settings as well and "disable" tracking on the G30s otherwise it was impossible to tell which of the two 6i, 7i, 8i etc to choose as it only says "6i" twice when choosing a club... not 6i G30 and 6i iE1.

Ping G430 MAX 1.05* - HZRDUS Red RDX 50g - 6.0 @ 44.5"
Ping G400 3w SFT @ 16* -  HZRDUS Red RDX 60g - 5.5

Ping G400 7w @19.5* - HZRDUS Red RDX 60g - 5.5

Ping G400 22* Hybrid - Maltby M890 R Flex
Ping G400 26* Hybrid - Maltby M890 R Flex
Maltby TS3 6i - GW - Maltby M890 R Flex 
Maltby TSW 53* & 58*  - Maltby M890 R Flex
Scotty Cameron Select Newport

You said Game Golf hasn't updated their statistics feature. How do you mean? There are only so many statistics you can have. Thanks!

GameGolf stat's most regretting part is that you cannot omit a shot. Every shot (even a shanker) is included in the stats so it might skew the final results significantly.

Also stat page is hard to navigate and they haven't updated it for 2-3 years.

I just logged in and saw they updated the page to include 'Like' button... lol

Agree that I would like the ability to use a shot toward my score, but omit it from my stats... however when Game Golf provides your club averages, it does use algorythms to not use that 40y 6 iron I topped off the tee when coming up with my club averages. When you look at your club averages, you can see the little bubble where it sets the average in the highest concentration of shots, not just the average.

It is pretty accurate.. but works much better once you have quite a few shots logged... for example I just added my iE1 irons to my bag, and started tracking them, and I only hit about 3 shots with my 6i. I blasted one 190 with the wind at my back one day, and chunked another one about 145-150 yards the next day.. (my 6i average is about 175-180)... Game golf says my 6i average is 190 at the moment with the iE1s that have 3 shots logged, and 176 for my G30 6i that has hundreds of shots logged...

The app will need to log a number of shots for it to even out and get a more consistent trend before it will provide an accurate average. Which I think is reasonable... much like establishing a handicap. Hard to get an accurate read on a handicap with only 5 rounds vs 50.

Agreed... this past week Game Golf significantly updated their stats page on the website as well as in the app... much more information now than the past year or so... great updates that are worth a look.

I'd quibble over "much more". They have some of exactly the same stats graphed out where you can specify a two-way comparison of, for instance, your last round vs. average of your last ten. That type of thing.

But there's no information in those graphs that wasn't previously available just by selecting a certain set of rounds and letting "Insights" show you the averages. Don't get me wrong, I really like those particular graphs and it's a improvement. But they still put all the data we dutifully tag into their system to woefully limited use stats-wise.

You might want to look again at the Game golf interface. I hadn't logged in for a while and logged in the other day to a whole bunch of new analytics. I was struggling with GIR last round and was particularly interested in this new analysis. It confirmed I had the "lefts". Went to the range, did a little work with alignment rods and believe I have identified the issue.

You might want to look again at the Game golf interface. I hadn't logged in for a while and logged in the other day to a whole bunch of new analytics. I was struggling with GIR last round and was particularly interested in this new analysis. It confirmed I had the "lefts". Went to the range, did a little work with alignment rods and believe I have identified the issue.

The left/right/long/short numbers are exactly the same as have been in "Insights" for as long as I've used GameGolf. The graphs are new, not the stats.

It is interesting that they say "On green" instead of "Within 15 yards" now. If they really are talking on-green that's a genuine improvement.