MD/DC/VA Golfers - This One Goes to Eleven

eagle1997

Went to Dick's Sporting Goods. Decided to get grips. Saw they had some AP3's so took the demo 7 iron for a couple swings.

Felt and looked nice, but I don't think the AMT shaft and I get along. Very short carry distances.

Here's seeing what next Thursday has in store.

Purvhased 8 new grips, solvent and went home.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheCityGame

• FAbb

• eagle1997

• dcmidnight

Im assuming he walked out with it but dont know..

Cant wait to hear but that dude could hit anything good

I can't wait to hear what driver I ordered/bought either. News to me. Moral of the story from today: waverly is in fantastic shape, greens are almost as fast as Norbeckistan. Pins were in insane spots. Sully had an A+ driving day and an A+++ putting day. Was 2 blowup holes from beating me straight up.

Wishful thinking or assuming I guess...

Oh well you are so good you could use a hickory shafted club

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

I’m assuming he walked out with it but don’t know..

Can’t wait to hear but that dude could hit anything good

I can't wait to hear what driver I ordered/bought either. News to me. Moral of the story from today: waverly is in fantastic shape, greens are almost as fast as Norbeckistan. Pins were in insane spots. Sully had an A+ driving day and an A+++ putting day. Was 2 blowup holes from beating me straight up.

Why are you wishing I bought a driver before I had a callaway fitting?

I’m assuming he walked out with it but don’t know..

Can’t wait to hear but that dude could hit anything good

Why are you wishing I bought a driver before I had a callaway fitting?

Then who did I talk to yesterday?

protos F4

can you guys tell me about royal new Kent?

Played there in March. Really liked the course but have heard it's for sale (along with Brickshire next door). This could explain why the course conditions aren't so great lately.

Had a good time even though I played just following a big storm and there was a lot of water in places. Other than about three holes, where I topped some shots, I was hitting it straight and the soft conditions helped me hold greens. Started on 10 with six straight pars and went to the back nine, racing a storm coming in. Just hit and go, hit and go. Finished with seven straight pars. Probably only one of two times I truly thought I could get to par. It's a tough, links course--I was playing the whites--and you definitely want to check out the online guide (or GPS) before you play. Plenty of blind shots and bunkers.

Heading back there either in a couple of weeks, when Mrs. OB is out of town (may head down to play TR) or in November since we have a free stay in Williamsburg.

GBB Epic 9.0*
Srixon 17*
Taylormade M1 19*
Srixon U65 20*, 23*
Srixon Z765 5-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50*, 54*
Taylormade Tour Spider

Started with the normal Sunday. Church and Wegmans. After unpacking the groceries, wife decides she wants to get out of the house and suggests Sugerloaf Mountain WInery. Music 1-5. The guy was pretty good. Hung out with some friends until 6 when they kicked everyone out and then had a little cook out with the 3 couples. They all just left. NOICE BUZZZZZ! Very fun day!

What a weekend. Played the club Sr.Stroke Championship this weekend. Played the white-gold tee's from 6350 yds. on Saturday

Saturday;

Windy from start to finish. Could never tell which direction it was blowing all day. Flag going one way, grass going another way.

Greens were very firm and fast. I have never ever counted how many feet of putts I have had in a round until the last two days. It was insane how difficult it was to get close to a flag stick. I think I had 630 ft of putts on the day as I recounted after the round. Four 3 putted on the day. Hit some very good shots that either stopped dead or would just rolled out. Felt like I putted from 45 ft all day and some longer. Finished at 80 and was only 2 off the leader.

Sunday:

Better weather but cool to start. I did not strike the ball as well as yesterday. Played basically the same tee's but probably at 6400 yds today. Things just did not go my way at all. Played the front ok, but from #12 to #15 lost my swing for a bit. Pull hooked #12 #13 & #14 drives. Got it back together and played 15 thru 18 one under. Finished with a 79 which was good for fourth out of 28 players. I only had about 340 ft of putts today, so much easier than yesterday.

Everyone scored a little higher than normal due to the wind and the firm greens yesterday. There are some very good players in this tournament that did not score well.

Winning score was 78-73 next was 79-78 so pretty high compared to normal.

Little birdie finally told me who got fitted...

So many internet friends looking for drivers...noice!

protos F4

Little birdie finally told me who got fitted...

So many internet friends looking for drivers...noice!

Someone is going to show up at a Hive event with a new driver and everyone is going to know the answer.

Actually it was me and Tex was a great help.

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid

Ping G 430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Cleveland HB Soft 11S

Started the offseason workout program on Saturday....back to some P90X. Tons of core work on Saturday....yoga Sunday morning....then off to Waverly to begin to work on a couple of items that plagued my golf game this year (short putts / driver).....practiced for about 1:45 minutes, then it was such a nice day thought i'd ease on over to the 1st tee and get 18 in.....BAD IDEA...i was so sore by that point that i could barely bend over to put the tee in the ground or get my ball out of the cup. Way over did it. Lower back and hamstrings are still so tight i can barely sit in the office this morning. DUMB.

About as DUMB as trying to argue rules with Sister City a few days ago.

Checking in from Las Vegas. We weren't at the concert and aren't staying in that area of the strip (we're at The Mirage about 2 mi north of Mandalay Bay). Actually, we were back in the hotel room and asleep by 9:30 local time. Had no idea anything had happened until texts started rolling in this morning.

Meeting Golfinnova later this morning to play Paiute Sun Mountain. Looking forward to it!

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

Good to hear Johnny. This morning I was thinking about that since I knew we had someone going soon, but couldn't remember who or when. Crazy.

Rather than drunk buy some irons, I sober bought an iron fitting for this weekend at Golf Care Center. May end up just being some extra money down the drain, but haven't done any sort of fitting in years now. Looking forward to it, and if all goes well I'll have something in hand that I'll be able to unwrap on the 1st tee at the 7s.

We need some sister City intervention...

Stupid rule, or stupid people?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/penalty-over-silly-rule-barely-slows-spieth-234821221--golf.html

Jersey City (United States) (AFP) - A penalty on Jordan Spieth had Presidents Cup players shaking their heads in consternation on Saturday over a "stupid" rule of golf.

The US star was trying to quell hostile US fans when he used his putter to pick up an eagle attempt from South African Louis Oosthuizen which had rolled past the cup.

Oosthuizen teammate Jason Day had already birdied the hole for the International team, so Spieth's action seemed meaningless.

But it broke the rule barring players from influencing the movement of a ball in play. Spieth was denied his attempt at a 12-foot birdie putt to halve the hole.

Even US assistant captain Tiger Woods became embroiled in the heated discussion with the rules official on scene.

"I only stopped it because our fans were screaming 'keep going,'" Spieth could be heard to say, adding he hoped to "shut everybody up."

"This is what's wrong with the rules sometimes in golf," Day said. "They already conceded the birdie to me. Louis putts it and he's just going to stop it because it's going to roll down, maybe in the water, so he's just doing the courteous thing.

"No one wants to win a hole like that," Day added. "It's kind of a stupid rule."

Day and Oosthuizen both called for Spieth to be allowed to make his putt -- and when he wasn't they even offered to concede the 13th hole to the Americans.

"Jordan said, no, that's the rule and that's how it is and don't worry about it," Oosthuizen said.

"That is the rules, but, again, silly rule," the South African added.

The International duo went 1-up at the hole and stayed in front through the 14th.

Then the Americans won three straight holes with birdies to seize the match.

"You know, we were 1-up and they were three birdies in a row," Oosthuizen said. "They were just a little better."

Spieth called it a "bad rule" but admitted it fired him up.

I played on Saturday at the course back in Western PA that I grew up on with my buddy and my dad. It was my dad's first time playing in a couple of years and he exceeded mine and his own expectations which was cool. He had a couple of putts at birdie and made a few pars so he was happy. I am hoping he gets back into it. There is no better place to drink a few beers with your dad and talk about life than on a golf course.

This is a pretty easy course. Wide open off of the tee. About 6,000 from the tips. Par 70. There are some places you can lose balls though if you aren't hitting it well. I got off to a rough start but found something with my swing and closed strong. I played the last 4 holes at 3 under with an eagle on a short par 5 and a closing birdie to shoot 76. Always feels good to post a 70's round even if it is an easy course.

No, I love the new rule they're proposing. . .

1-2. Exerting Influence On Movement Of Ball Or Altering Physical Conditions

A player must not (i) take an action with the intent to influence the movement of a ball in play or (ii) alter physical conditions with the intent of affecting the playing of a hole.

Exceptions:

1. An action expressly permitted or expressly prohibited by another Rule is subject to that other Rule, not Rule 1-2.

2. An action taken for the sole purpose of caring for the course is not a breach of Rule 1-2

3. In match play, if one guy is already in with a score, and the other guy's ball rolls past the hole, you can just use your own discretion to knock the ball away, but only if we all know there's no chance it could come back down a slope, or there's no chance of the wind blowing back into the hole. Just use your own discretion.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

So played a couple of rounds at Bedford this weekend. Won't go into a huge recap for a course that basically no one here has played, but a couple of thoughts.

Course was in great shape as always. Greens were quick on Saturday, and then they rolled them Sunday morning. Bent grass greens in that climate are so pure.

The thing about this place is how difficult it is to get the ball close to some of these hole locations. #1 on Saturday I hit my wedge 10 feet from the hole, but missed it left about a foot into the rough, and the ball was about a foot above the hole elevation wise. Unless you hit the flagstick, there's no way to stop the ball closer than 15 feet from there. Which is what happened, and why I made a 5 instead of 4. It's that kind of stuff all day. Full of "illegal" pin placements.

Played the volcano twice. Laid up on Saturday with an 8 iron to the bottom of the hill. wedge to 18 feet, but the flag was on the edge of the tier, and 3 putted. 5. Went for it on Sunday, missed right pin high, had a pitch from the bottom of the hill, probably 16-18 up to the green, shortsided, didn't make it, pitched it down to the bottom tier again, 3 putt, 6. It's the hardest golf hole I've ever played.

Drove the ball extremely well. Hit good irons and wedge game was solid again. Found something on the range and was able to carry it over basically the entire weekend. Only lost two balls on #18 Sunday when I tried to be a Fabb fancy boy on the tee. Was mentally cooked by then.

Putting on those greens is very fun, but man they break. Seems like there are never any straight putts. Good weekend with the folks.

Take it one further MTN...

Kevin Chappell took a stupid penalty this weekend. He hit his ball INTO the tv tower, which was inside the hazard line. Went up, surveyed the situation, put his club on the ground while talking to the official to determine if he got a free drop from the immovable obstruction, and received a penalty for grounding his club.

Take it one further MTN...

Kevin Chappell took a stupid penalty this weekend. He hit his ball INTO the tv tower, which was inside the hazard line. Went up, surveyed the situation, put his club on the ground while talking to the official to determine if he got a free drop from the immovable obstruction, and received a penalty for grounding his club.

So you're saying his discretion was poor?