2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Crusty

Jasonic

Is there anyone less likeable on tour? Christina kim? Everything about her rubs me the wrong way. She's like the female Rory Sabbatini.

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as being crabby I think she takes the cake. There are other players out there who are probably equally moody and nasty but are better at hiding it because their image depends on it (Paula, Morgan). Stacy can be unpleasant as well.

It's been said before but Christina has no filter. She seeks attention because she has to stand out. I also find a difference in players depending on where they're raised. The California/west coast/Hawaii girls have their moments but generally tend to be more chill, Wiesy, Mo Martin, Tiffany Joh, Danielle Kang, Lizette Salas etc.

My favorite Paula story is from when she was up in Canada for the CWO and the event was being played in Quebec. Some french speaking teenagers saw Paula and started after her to get an autograph. They couldn't quite get to her picture in the program so she just walked off.

A volunteer had seen that so either later that day or the day after she heard Paula complaining to Stacy Lewis about some teenages who couldn't even speak English so the volunteer took a program and Paula being Paula thought the volunteer wanted her to sign it. The volunteer said no, this is for her and Stacy said well that's one for me lol.

People will attack me and say the players aren't their to be friends with anyone. Agreed, Laura Davies, Karrie Webb and Suzann Pettersen aren't signing kids foreheads and dressing up in pink but they don't generally go out of their way to be rude.

Jenny Shin can also be really nasty.

There is a woman who works for the LPGA and is friends with a group of players. This staffer can be pretty nasty to volunteers and other staff but on her instagram is always posting pictures with "her girls."What's the saying? Birds of a feather flock together? Rude and nasty people tend to attract and hang around the same. I imagine the players she is friends with have similar feelings.

In general I think if someone is treated as though they are entitled and special long enough, they start believing they are entitled and special. You see it in all walks of life unfortunately.

Perhaps the best winners check a player whose ego has outgrown them can cash would be a huge reality check.

BoC_RealityCheck_CopyrightIndustriousDesigns.jpg

As far as being crabby I think she takes the cake. There are other players out there who are probably equally moody and nasty but are better at hiding it because their image depends on it (Paula, Morgan). Stacy can be unpleasant as well.

It's been said before but Christina has no filter. She seeks attention because she has to stand out. I also find a difference in players depending on where they're raised. The California/west coast/Hawaii girls have their moments but generally tend to be more chill, Wiesy, Mo Martin, Tiffany Joh, Danielle Kang, Lizette Salas etc.

My favorite Paula story is from when she was up in Canada for the CWO and the event was being played in Quebec. Some french speaking teenagers saw Paula and started after her to get an autograph. They couldn't quite get to her picture in the program so she just walked off.

A volunteer had seen that so either later that day or the day after she heard Paula complaining to Stacy Lewis about some teenages who couldn't even speak English so the volunteer took a program and Paula being Paula thought the volunteer wanted her to sign it. The volunteer said no, this is for her and Stacy said well that's one for me lol.

People will attack me and say the players aren't their to be friends with anyone. Agreed, Laura Davies, Karrie Webb and Suzann Pettersen aren't signing kids foreheads and dressing up in pink but they don't generally go out of their way to be rude.

There is a woman who works for the LPGA and is friends with a group of players. This staffer can be pretty nasty to volunteers and other staff but on her instagram is always posting pictures with "her girls."What's the saying? Birds of a feather flock together? Rude and nasty people tend to attract and hang around the same. I imagine the players she is friends with have similar feelings.

I don't understand the program story ending fredo (great name) but the fact someone is in French Canada (or anywhere) and think people not speaking English are "less than" is so typical of Americans. I travel a lot and Americans abroad are generally crazy embarrassing.

Yea I didn't think of her but Stacy seems like a not fun person either. Seriously why are Americans so tight and serious i.e. Chill out!!!

My favorite player now is SH Park. She's not super personable or funny at all but her intensity is different that a crusty intensity. She seems like she'd be awesome to chat with (if I spoke Korean) I don't know, the American climate is getting me down lol

Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

Would her initials be AK?

It's weird to me how others get grouped in with them because they appear to be friends but am curious how they really are. B Lang seems to be a part of the clique but I just don't see the meanness from her. Same with the other Brittany, she's a part of that clique but just seems aloof.

Really curious to see how things go when that group retires. I get the impression that a good amount of the younger Americans are more about having a good time and seem to hang out with a broad mix, Wie, Korda, Lexi, A Lee to name a few.

It's weird to me how others get grouped in with them because they appear to be friends but am curious how they really are. B Lang seems to be a part of the clique but I just don't see the meanness from her. Same with the other Brittany, she's a part of that clique but just seems aloof.

Really curious to see how things go when that group retires. I get the impression that a good amount of the younger Americans are more about having a good time and seem to hang out with a broad mix, Wie, Korda, Lexi, A Lee to name a few.

What is this clique? I'm missing something...either way they aren't winning anything lately it seems, just being self absorbed.

Jenny shin I've also heard is a nightmare. You play golf for a living. Relax, you're not better than anyone as a person.

Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

I think this entire thread is just raking over the same old ground. We like some players, and don't like others. Some players are self-absorbed to the point of being unpleasant - but so what? That is how they get the job done. Tiger Woods, anyone? Lleyton Hewitt, in tennis. A lot of people hated him, even in his home town (where I reside) but I never once saw him deliberately upset an opponent's concentration. He probably did so accidentally, a lot! Some players wrap themselves into a little self-absorbed ball to get it done, others, such as Ha Na Jang, feed off the gallery's energy. Having said that. Kerr is a special case. Even in this latest tournament it's the same old, same old, from her. She birdies, and she's sweet and smiling. A bogie and she's stomping off, oblivious to any consideration of her playing partners. But if there's no rules against that, that's her choice.

If I had to choose someone to make a putt to save my life, it would be Cristie Kerr. That's all I care about. It's not like i'm going to hang out with any of these players.

i guess at least your life will last an eternity waiting for her to slow play the putt

Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

I don't have a problem with Christine Kim. Her game has faltered and she is not a happy camper, easy to be crabby. She is unique, I like unique!

I don't know who Christine Kim is but Christina Kim is the most obnoxious, attention needing player out there. My opinion of course.

Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

Christie can golf and that’s all that matters to me as a viewer.

All LH :

Driver : TM SLDR430 10.5° Fujikura Speeder 65
3-Wood : Callaway FT 15° Neutral Fujikura FitOn 160
3-Hybrid : Adams XTD Dry Proto 21° Aldila RIP Tour HYB80
4-Hybrid : Adams XTD DHy Proto 24° Aldila RIP Tour HYB80
5-PW : Adams XTD Forged Aldila RIP Tour SLT115
Wedges : Titleist Vokey SM4 52° & 258.08 58° TT Dynamic Gold
Putter : Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball Blade

If I had to choose someone to make a putt to save my life, it would be Cristie Kerr. That's all I care about. It's not like i'm going to hang out with any of these players.

Agreed. It has to be intimidating when she's walking in a putt 4 feet from the hole. I'm sure when she's not golfing, she may be downright pleasant. Crazy, I know.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Is there anyone less likeable on tour? Christina kim? Everything about her rubs me the wrong way. She's like the female Rory Sabbatini.

Ya...Christina can be at times....annoying and a big phony.

On TV..one would think she's really fan friendly....not that she's rude or anything....but I've seen her walk the other way a few times to avoid fan interaction.

Her pal, Jane Park......on her social media accounts...one would think Jane would also be really funny and fan friendly...again not rude...but not what one would expect....same with Shanshan.

I'm watching some golf at the far corner of the course....down from a hill....a golf cart is approaching....Christina is standing on the back of the cart....the cart pulls up...and I look at the volunteer driving the cart...he's rolling his eyes.

Christina has come down to watch her pal, Wie play some golf.

There's maybe 40 people in the gallery....the 4 marshals have everything under control and it's dead silent.

Just as Wie ready to hit...Christina raises her arms and yells..."Quiet please".

What a fool.

Yup...Ali Kicklighter.

Lang is really nice...she just plays golf and not a drama queen.

Lincicome use to be really moody years ago when she wasn't playing well....TV didn't catch it.....but Lincicome has chilled out a bit since then...especially since getting married.

• 2 weeks later...

"Cool, I'm going to start a thread so we can all be judgmental about people we don't know."

Exactly.

We don't have to know someone to not approve of or like their on course antics which we have seen.

But I do agree that this needs to stop short of judging them as a person or being about their private lives which we know nothing about other than possibly some rumors and media blurbs we get exposed to as those are sometimes the birth places of misinformation and can be less than objective or fair.

Made a putt when it mattered to win...how good was it??

All LH :

Driver : TM SLDR430 10.5° Fujikura Speeder 65
3-Wood : Callaway FT 15° Neutral Fujikura FitOn 160
3-Hybrid : Adams XTD Dry Proto 21° Aldila RIP Tour HYB80
4-Hybrid : Adams XTD DHy Proto 24° Aldila RIP Tour HYB80
5-PW : Adams XTD Forged Aldila RIP Tour SLT115
Wedges : Titleist Vokey SM4 52° & 258.08 58° TT Dynamic Gold
Putter : Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball Blade

"Cool, I'm going to start a thread so we can all be judgmental about people we don't know."

Exactly.

We don't have to know someone to not approve of or like their on course antics which we have seen.

But I do agree that this needs to stop short of judging them as a person or being about their private lives which we know nothing about other than possibly some rumors and media blurbs we get exposed to as those are sometimes the birth places of misinformation and can be less than objective or fair.

Furthermore, no one is saying she isn't a good golfer. Anecdotes abound about her behavior toward fans, volunteers and LPGA staff. Many who aren't fans have experienced this firsthand and aren't fans of her. The discussion here hasn't gone beyond calling her crabby, crusty, moody etc.No one has uttered the b word or worse.

I like Christina. She was very nice to me and my daughters when we met her at an event.

Wk

Titleist TSR3 Diamana White Stiff

TM Stealth2 Plus 3Wood Ventis Black Velicore S

Titleist T200U 3 and 4 iron Mitsubishi Tensei Whte 8S 

Titleist T100 5-PW AMTWhite S

Vokey SM10 50, 54, 58  AMT White

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash