2024 The Memorial Tournament WITB Pics & New Titleist GT woods ×

FootJoy?

Norboo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am with Footjoy on this one, try it on right away then you know. No one will stand by a warranty after 7 years unless you pay for a extended warranty. You are asking way to much of them and will find all shoes companies will state the same.

I will stand by there customer service to the end. Also I wouldn't be upset or have even called them with 7 year old shoes that are alittle different.

I try on every pair of pants i buy cause they could be a little off. Hate ones that don't feel right.

I do feel bad you feel this way but never assume everything is the same even from a manufacturer.

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

Mistake #x: you didn't try the shoes on for 7 years.

That's a long time to ask for a replacement if that's what you were looking for. I doubt that FJ keeps replacement for products 7-8 years after a model was introduced. That's the time that has passed since they introduced the first FJ Sports line.

I don't blame you for buying 3 pairs of the same shoe in the same size and color but always try things on after you get them (my $0.02 advice) even if you're buying online or at a store.

Put those shoes on BST! Somebody on here could fit into them for the right price. That would help mitigate your loss. You ought to let the buyer return them if they don't fit. Seven-year money back guarantee?

Callaway Mavrik 10.5* HZRDS 6.0 55g
Cobra BioCell 3w PXi S
Callaway Mavrik 20* Catalyst 65 5.5

Callaway Mavrik 5h 23* Catalyst 65 5.5
Titleist DCI 962 2-PW DG S300
Cleveland 588 54*, Callaway PM Grind 58*
Cameron Mil-Spec 

"FootJoy don't stand behind their product?" Actually, FootJoy does stand behind their products. They have a history of doing so.

"Customer service that bad?" No, it's not. FootJoy's Customer Service is known to be very good.

"Am I being unreasonable?" Yes, they're 7 years old. They maybe new to you, but they're still 7 years old! Do you think any other brand would take care of this issue on 7 year old shoes? I highly doubt it. It's too bad you didn't try them on 7 years ago, because FootJoy would have taken care of this issue then.

While I don't think OP has much of a case on a pair of 7 year old shoes, I disagree that FJ has good customer service. In fact I think they have the worst of any shoe company.

I work at a shop that sells a ton of FJ, bought a pair of freestyles at PUD and they totally fell apart in like two months. Went straight to the rep and he basically said tough luck! Called Hq and they told me the same thing, they absolutely do not stand by their product at all. Will never get any FJs ever again.

Every pair of adidas that I've ever had are still in amazing shape, any FJs are in the trash.

Awful Cs

"FootJoy don't stand behind their product?" Actually, FootJoy does stand behind their products. They have a history of doing so.

"Customer service that bad?" No, it's not. FootJoy's Customer Service is known to be very good.

"Am I being unreasonable?" Yes, they're 7 years old. They maybe new to you, but they're still 7 years old! Do you think any other brand would take care of this issue on 7 year old shoes? I highly doubt it. It's too bad you didn't try them on 7 years ago, because FootJoy would have taken care of this issue then.

While I don't think OP has much of a case on a pair of 7 year old shoes, I disagree that FJ has good customer service. In fact I think they have the worst of any shoe company.

I work at a shop that sells a ton of FJ, bought a pair of freestyles at PUD and they totally fell apart in like two months. Went straight to the rep and he basically said tough luck! Called Hq and they told me the same thing, they absolutely do not stand by their product at all. Will never get any FJs ever again.

Every pair of adidas that I've ever had are still in amazing shape, any FJs are in the trash.

Awful Cs

Good for you, every pair of Adidas shoes that I’ve purchased have fallen apart while my FJs are still in amazing shape.

Back to the topic at hand.

Owner error. You bought three pair of identical shoes seven years ago and only wore one pair? You rotate your shoes for much longer life. Then you would have known (within the warranty period) if they didn't fit correctly. On their top of the line shoes (which Icons were seven years ago) Footjoy also had a 30 day comfort warranty - if the shoe doesn't fit or is simply uncomfortable you can return them. I'm not aware of any other company that does this. In my experience Footjoy is very liberal when dealing with product issues.

I wore the same pair of black icon for 7 years. They still look pretty new. Do I really need to rotate?

I don't wear black golf shoes much, only in the colder months. I also keep them in shoetrees and I am not hard on shoes.

Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5 Stock Alta (need shaft fitting)
Fairway Wood: Ryoma F5
Hybrid: TaylorMade M6 4H & 6H
Irons: OnOff Kuro 2015 6 - PW
Wedge: Cleveland RTX4 50, 54 and 58
Putter: S.C. GoLo 3
Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
Club hoe, builder, fitter and tester as hobbyist since 1993

OP - please clarify. You say the shoes were mismarked. Were they labeled 9M but don't fit like a 9M or were they 11's in a 9M box for example. Were both other pair of shoes mismarked (which seems a bit of a stretch). I would think even wearing a properly sized shoe for 7 years would cause it to feel a bit looser than a brand new shoe (which typically needs a round of golf to break in). Also curious as to where the original purchase was made - a reputable Footjoy dealer or some online dubious outfit.

All 3 pairs are marked 9M both on the box and on the shoe itself. I bought them at GolfSmith in store. On that day, I bought 6 pairs of shoes. 3 black Icon and 3 of SYNR-G - White/Charcoal Lizard.

Basically, it's quality control issue. Whatever the case, I have a brand new shoes that's a defect from factory and I'm stuck with it. I lost all faith in FootJoy.

I recently purchased their new D.N.A. BOA and was going to order few more, but in light of recent dealing with FootJoy's customer service, there is no way I'm buying anything FootJoy.

I just hope none of you that stand up for FootJoy's customer service never have to deal with them. Best of luck.

Norboo

I feel for you - but here's the rub. You're equating "new" with "unworn". There is a difference, especially when dealing in the retail industry.

If you had a golf club that you haven't used in years but still new in box and you wanted to sell them, would you list them as "Unused" or New in box?

This is great stuff!!!!

Pretty sure FJ wouldn't mind losing a customer who hasn't been a customer in 7 years.

WOW! this actually cracked me up. I didn't realize people were this stupid.

What was my crime in this? I trusted FooJoy? I didn’t try on each pairs of shoes I bought? On that day, I bought 6 pairs of footJoy. 3 pairs of black Icon and 3 pairs of SYNR-G - White/Charcoal Lizard all in size 9M at GolfSmith in-store. I don’t wear black golf shoes much, only in the colder months.

Generally, when I buy shoes, I trust few manufacturers sizing and I know they fit me well. I buy few pairs at a time. When I used to run marathons, I used to buy 5 pairs of the same running shoes at once without trying them on because I trust the company and I know they will fit. Never had any issues expect for this pair of mismarked FottJoy Icon.

Why do business with a company that has poor quality control and will not stand by their product? Again, what was my crime in this? I trusted footJoy.

It’s not the money, I’m 53 and semi-retired. It’s the principle. BTW, I gave away the mismarked FootJoy Icon to a friend that wears size 10 and it fits him well.

Every year, I looked forward to their new line of shoes and clothing. I always wore their golf gloves, but no more.

Basically, it's quality control issue. Whatever the case, I have a brand new shoes that's a defect from factory and I'm stuck with it. I lost all faith in FootJoy.

I recently purchased their new D.N.A. BOA and was going to order few more, but in light of recent dealing with FootJoy's customer service, there is no way I'm buying anything FootJoy.

I just hope none of you that stand up for FootJoy's customer service never have to deal with them. Best of luck.

Norboo

I feel for you - but here's the rub. You're equating "new" with "unworn". There is a difference, especially when dealing in the retail industry.

If you had a golf club that you haven't used in years but still new in box and you wanted to sell them, would you list them as "Unused" or New in box?

Did you know your feet change over the years? Should a company sell you shoes and then have to exchange them because they sat on a shelf for seven years and your size changed?

Titleist TSR3 9° Tensei Pro Blue 60 

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Norboo

Did you know your feet change over the years? Should a company sell you shoes and then have to exchange them because they sat on a shelf for seven years and your size changed?

Out of 3 pairs of Icon 9M, two fits me well and the mismarked Icon I gave away to a friend that wears size 10 and it fits him well.

"What was my crime in this? I trusted FooJoy? I didn’t try on each pairs of shoes I bought?"

No crime but you must realize you did make a mistake by not trying on shoes you purchased. Also what would you expect Footjoy to do after seven years? I wouldn't be so quick to disparage Footjoy as they make a fine product. Do they have absolute 100% quality control - of course not but in my experience they stand behind their product.

"What was my crime in this? I trusted FooJoy? I didn’t try on each pairs of shoes I bought?"

No crime but you must realize you did make a mistake by not trying on shoes you purchased. Also what would you expect Footjoy to do after seven years? I wouldn't be so quick to disparage Footjoy as they make a fine product. Do they have absolute 100% quality control - of course not but in my experience they stand behind their product.

I never had any issues with Ferragamo, Boss, Bally, Cole Han, Nike, Brooks, Asics, Ecco etc…buying several shoes at a time without trying all of them on. I just try one pair and it if fits, I buy several.

They could have offered particle credit or I would have been ok with an acknowledge that the shoes were mismarked and offered a formal apology. Not send a general letter back with the shoes.

i would also concur with this statement. yes, footjoy should have marked their product correctly. but you probably should have tried them in a reasonable window of time. 7 years is a lifetime in retail, especially with products like shoes or clothing which changes on a yearly (if not seasonal) basis. i don't think its unreasonable to hold them accountable but i also don't think its unreasonable that they don't help you out given the timeframe.

and yes, if i had a never hit golf club from 7 years ago, i would not list it as new but i would list it as unused. if someone was selling a TM Burner Superfast, i wouldn't consider the driver new but usused.

i would also concur with this statement. yes, footjoy should have marked their product correctly. but you probably should have tried them in a reasonable window of time. 7 years is a lifetime in retail, especially with products like shoes or clothing which changes on a yearly (if not seasonal) basis. i don't think its unreasonable to hold them accountable but i also don't think its unreasonable that they don't help you out given the timeframe.

and yes, if i had a never hit golf club from 7 years ago, i would not list it as new but i would list it as unused. if someone was selling a TM Burner Superfast, i wouldn't consider the driver new but usused.

I see many of products as New listed on eBay and in retail stores that's been outdated. Are they liable for false advertisement?

Here's the thing, you made this thread looking for validation that you weren't being unreasonable in this situation. Yet, the vast majority of posters DO believe that you're being unreasonable in expecting any sort of compensation after 7 years. Now, instead of taking a step back and thinking, "Maybe I am being unreasonable (a jerk) about this", you decide to attack everyone. I think that, more than anything else, tells people all they need to know about this issue.

Here's the thing, you made this thread looking for validation that you weren't being unreasonable. Yet, the vast majority of poster DO think that you're being unreasonable. Now, instead of taking a step back and thinking, "Maybe I am being unreasonable (a jerk) about this", you decide to attack everyone. I think that, more than anything else, tells people all they need to know about this issue.

Very well said

Here's the thing, you made this thread looking for validation that you weren't being unreasonable. Yet, the vast majority of poster DO think that you're being unreasonable. Now, instead of taking a step back and thinking, "Maybe I am being unreasonable (a jerk) about this", you decide to attack everyone. I think that, more than anything else, tells people all they need to know about this issue.

I don’t recall attacking everyone as you claim. Just one with the dumbest reply. Have you read through the replies? Many replies are well thought out and makes logical sense. However, some are just posts for the sake of posting.

Am I being unreasonable? Perhaps, perhaps not.

All I did was emailed FootJoy about this issue without any expectation. But they

Insisted I send them the shoes to them for inspection, which I did. They sent the shoes back little over a month later with a generic letter. I do understand they have a policy in place, but this is a defect/mismarked. Had they sent a letter of apology for the defect, I would have just moved on and gave the shoes away. But to send a generic letter after they insisted on shipping them the shoes? I called them twice and left them 2 voicemails to the person that sent the letter, no reply to this day.

Yes, 7 years is a long time. But why insist on shipping the shoes to them just to send the shoes back with a generic letter? I purchased size 9M from them in good faith, but ended up with a size 10 that was marked size 9M. “Jerk” as you stated? Perhaps, perhaps not...