Who on tour has a Malaska type swing??

DAP: Ok now it's "very shallow" not just shallow...lol! I stand by what I said Mac is not steep in transition and like you agreed he's shallow enough... that's it. You're now trying to say he's not as shallow as some other Tour pro's... so? That wasn't my argument. Some are more shallow and some less than others but they are still not steep.

I never meant to imply I was critical of Mac's swing. Just trying to be accurate with descriptions. Shallow players transition with the club laid off. Steep players transition with the club pointing somewhere between the feet and the target line. Mac transitions pretty much onplane. I never said he was steep. I just said the videos I have seen he transitions with the club onplane or slightly pointing inside the target line.

For the record the P envy comment is not cool or accurate .... I just think some top instructors like Dan and MMartin are really into accuracy of info to the enth degree and pursue it hard at times .... it's what makes you guys successful in part I'm sure.

But try something for the people who click on this thread because they really like Malaskas stuff. Give your short bulleted list of a few things one could be envious of in reference to Malaska .... again not admitting envy.

I just want to see an instructor say something positive about another outside instructor.

PS FWP has the best swing of any instructor I've ever seen .... that's just my opinion

I disagree with you. You have to qualify that they are top GolfWrx IA instructors, Malaska is a Golf Digest top instructor, you won't ever see any Golf Digest top instructor on this forum. All I see them do is derail threads with their info that maybe half the folks don't care about. This thread was about something, but now it's not, no one asked them why Malaskas instruction sucks, but they decided to beat it into everyone.

Maybe they should start their own threads like "We'll tell you why (insert Golf Digest instructors name here) sucks" and keep their thoughts in there.

I don't even really follow Malaska's swing model, I'm a Hardy one planer, but I know there's more than one way to do and teach things and like to hear from folks on how they were helped and maybe tinker from time to time.

Jim Hardy has the best one plane and two plane swing of any instructor I've ever seen in person

I think you're very ignorant of the credentials of some of the teachers who post here

I know full well your juniors become competitive juniors and high school golfers, your mini tour guys have become tour players, and you've had tour player(s) win. More importantly you work long hours because you want to make players of all levels better. You are a great mind (like a computer IMO) in the instruction game and have greater and greater success as time goes on. Your resume should have more weight than it does. I'm also not impressed with any Magazine list ... that should carry less weight.

Did Bottlecap undersell some of the GolfWRX members who are instructors ... sure. But is that all you keyed in on from the above quoted posts ? My request and BC's general accusation of thread derailment. Come now.

Not derailing a thread. I have my opinion on the move and his comments on gravity. I think practicing that move will hurt as many players as it'd help. It will absolutely help some players. It's also the opposite of what many players need to feel. I said as much, I simply was discussing how the club will not shallow unless he golfer makes it happen. For players that don't make that happen the "Malaska move" will more often than not make the issue worse. The move will help players who drop the club under because they pivot incorrectly and tilt too much too soon.

I never said he sucked nor did I ever say he couldn't help anyone. He's obviously a successful teacher. I don't attack the messenger or the individual and don't make things personal. I always just discuss the information and swing at hand. But this is a forum where people can talk about swings and give their opinion. And letting people know that information is inaccurate or damaging to players with certain tendencies is valuable input IMO.

And I wasn't just talking about me. Guys that are on those magazine list do and have posted on here and write articles for this site.

That's fair ... and you do hone in in on inaccuracies, swing specifics etc with the intent to clarify and therefore help any reader of the thread. And you do that better than anyone .... it just doesn't come across that way to many many readers. Some have said it here and others in past threads. Is that they're misunderstanding or your miscommunication ? Does it matter ?

I re-looked at the other Malaska thread started a couple days after this one. You came in post 10 and corrected a member by teaching. No derailment at all .... but there was a thread starter who had a question about hitting a fade while sticking to MM's teachings. You never mentioned the word fade in any post.

You do not need to help every dummy here who had a bad range session (myself included) but just responding to the OP may go a long way.

If you do that a ton then I apologize ... I haven't seen it as of late

edit: grammar

DAP: Ok now it's "very shallow" not just shallow...lol! I stand by what I said Mac is not steep in transition and like you agreed he's shallow enough... that's it. You're now trying to say he's not as shallow as some other Tour pro's... so? That wasn't my argument. Some are more shallow and some less than others but they are still not steep.

I never meant to imply I was critical of Mac's swing. Just trying to be accurate with descriptions. Shallow players transition with the club laid off. Steep players transition with the club pointing somewhere between the feet and the target line. Mac transitions pretty much onplane. I never said he was steep. I just said the videos I have seen he transitions with the club onplane or slightly pointing inside the target line.

If he's on plane then he's not steep which means he's shallow compared to someone who is truly steep in transition.

I disagree with you. You have to qualify that they are top GolfWrx IA instructors, Malaska is a Golf Digest top instructor, you won't ever see any Golf Digest top instructor on this forum. All I see them do is derail threads with their info that maybe half the folks don't care about. This thread was about something, but now it's not, no one asked them why Malaskas instruction sucks, but they decided to beat it into everyone.

Maybe they should start their own threads like "We'll tell you why (insert Golf Digest instructors name here) sucks" and keep their thoughts in there.

I don't even really follow Malaska's swing model, I'm a Hardy one planer, but I know there's more than one way to do and teach things and like to hear from folks on how they were helped and maybe tinker from time to time.

Jim Hardy has the best one plane and two plane swing of any instructor I've ever seen in person

I think you're very ignorant of the credentials of some of the teachers who post here

I know full well your juniors become competitive juniors and high school golfers, your mini tour guys have become tour players, and you've had tour player(s) win. More importantly you work long hours because you want to make players of all levels better. You are a great mind (like a computer IMO) in the instruction game and have greater and greater success as time goes on. Your resume should have more weight than it does. I'm also not impressed with any Magazine list ... that should carry less weight.

Did Bottlecap undersell some of the GolfWRX members who are instructors ... sure. But is that all you keyed in on from the above quoted posts ? My request and BC's general accusation of thread derailment. Come now.

Not derailing a thread. I have my opinion on the move and his comments on gravity. I think practicing that move will hurt as many players as it'd help. It will absolutely help some players. It's also the opposite of what many players need to feel. I said as much, I simply was discussing how the club will not shallow unless he golfer makes it happen. For players that don't make that happen the "Malaska move" will more often than not make the issue worse. The move will help players who drop the club under because they pivot incorrectly and tilt too much too soon.

I never said he sucked nor did I ever say he couldn't help anyone. He's obviously a successful teacher. I don't attack the messenger or the individual and don't make things personal. I always just discuss the information and swing at hand. But this is a forum where people can talk about swings and give their opinion. And letting people know that information is inaccurate or damaging to players with certain tendencies is valuable input IMO.

And I wasn't just talking about me. Guys that are on those magazine list do and have posted on here and write articles for this site.

That's fair ... and you do hone in in on inaccuracies, swing specifics etc with the intent to clarify and therefore help any reader of the thread. And you do that better than anyone .... it just doesn't come across that way to many many readers. Some have said it here and others in past threads. Is that they're misunderstanding or your miscommunication ? Does it matter ?

I re-looked at the other Malaska thread started a couple days after this one. You came in post 10 and corrected a member by teaching. No derailment at all .... but there was a thread starter who had a question about hitting a fade while sticking to MM's teachings. You never mentioned the word fade in any post.

You do not need to help every dummy here who had a bad range session (myself included) but just responding to the OP may go a long way.

If you do that a ton then I apologize ... I haven't seen it as of late

edit: grammar

I don’t teach MM pattern and the OP didn’t post a swing. So I have no clue why he can’t hit a fade and saying anything other than getting the face open to the path would be a wild a** guess.

You’re right I don’t have to help anyone here. Sounds like I’ll just stop since if I don’t respond directly to the OP, even if I’m helping someone else, it’s not wanted and not how I should be posting. Thanks for the clarification

Oh and the OP responded that he enjoyed the discussion that we had and glad he asked the question. So seems like he got exactly what he wanted

I don't teach MM pattern and the OP didn't post a swing. So I have no clue why he can't hit a fade and saying anything other than getting the face open to the path would be a wild a** guess.

You're right I don't have to help anyone here. Sounds like I'll just stop since if I don't respond directly to the OP, even if I'm helping someone else, it's not wanted and not how I should be posting. Thanks for the clarification

Oh and the OP responded that he enjoyed the discussion that we had and glad he asked the question. So seems like he got exactly what he wanted

Child

I don't teach MM pattern and the OP didn't post a swing. So I have no clue why he can't hit a fade and saying anything other than getting the face open to the path would be a wild a** guess.

You're right I don't have to help anyone here. Sounds like I'll just stop since if I don't respond directly to the OP, even if I'm helping someone else, it's not wanted and not how I should be posting. Thanks for the clarification

Child

How am I a child? I’d look in the mirror.

You’re telling me how I should help people. I can post 10 threads on the first two pages I relied directly to the OP and one where I’m the only person who replied and I replied multiple times.

Again I responded to a post in the other thread and the OP literally said he learned something and enjoyed the discussion yet you’re saying I shouldn’t have replied because I didn’t say the word fade. There is literally no way to tel a person why they can’t hit a fade without seeing their swing other than saying the face isn’t open enough.

Child

Please leave already this Forum. I - and I am sure the vast majority of members here - would really like to continue to learn from Dan. Your only contribution is controversy.

You said he was steep twice in 2 different posts. # 577 # 629

"Good players that are steep in transition and then shallow often suffer underplane issues, a swing path that is way too inside out. McIlroy often has this problem and hits over draws."

."If you look at his transition the club is pointed halfway between his feet and the target line. That is steep. Is that very steep like handicap players?"

if you're steep you're steep regardless if you're a tour pro or a hdcp golfer Mac is not steep.

Does Mac look like this

post-725-0-83680600-1510449455.jpg

post-725-0-14116400-1510449477.jpg

Child

How am I a child? I'd look in the mirror.

You're telling me how I should help people. I can post 10 threads on the first two pages I relied directly to the OP and one where I'm the only person who replied and I replied multiple times.

Again I responded to a post in the other thread and the OP literally said he learned something and enjoyed the discussion yet you're saying I shouldn't have replied because I didn't say the word fade. There is literally no way to tel a person why they can't hit a fade without seeing their swing other than saying the face isn't open enough.

I never said you shouldn't have replied. Gave you the perspective of your detractors. Knew you could wrangle up threads where you did directly help OP .... you are just reluctant to ever show humility.

If you have no interest in constructive criticism then just say so. Nicely.

Child

You're telling me how I should help people. I can post 10 threads on the first two pages I relied directly to the OP and one where I'm the only person who replied and I replied multiple times.

Again I responded to a post in the other thread and the OP literally said he learned something and enjoyed the discussion yet you're saying I shouldn't have replied because I didn't say the word fade. There is literally no way to tel a person why they can't hit a fade without seeing their swing other than saying the face isn't open enough.

I never said you shouldn't have replied. Gave you the perspective of your detractors. Knew you could wrangle up threads where you did directly help OP .... you are just reluctant to ever show humility.

I’m humble all the time, but I also don’t really care that I have detractors. I’m as busy as I wanna be and am not the kind of guy that has to be me popular and has to be everyone’s friend. I’m completely fine with people not liking me. That’s their prerogative And your criticism wasn’t constructive because it wasn’t accurate. I did help the OP in the thread you chose as an example where I didn’t.

If you wanna moderate peoples post apply to be a moderator. I don’t violate forum rules and I don’t attack people personally.

And you claim you’ll apologize if you’re wrong, yet you instead personally attack me when proven wrong.

Child

I'm humble all the time, but I also don't really care that I have detractors. I'm as busy as I wanna be and am not the kind of guy that has to be me popular and has to be everyone's friend. I'm completely fine with people not liking me. That's their prerogative And your criticism wasn't constructive because it wasn't accurate. I did help the OP in the thread you chose as an example where I didn't.

If you wanna moderate peoples post apply to be a moderator. I don't violate forum rules and I don't attack people personally.

And you claim you'll apologize if you're wrong, yet you instead personally attack me when proven wrong.

I understand your POV and accept it. I've lauded your achievements, skills, rep etc in this thread and a few others. I never attacked you but if that's how it came across I do apologize. The discussions you generate do help so many (myself included) keep that going for the sake of the community.

I'll leave (just read for a while)

"Good players that are steep in transition and then shallow often suffer underplane issues, a swing path that is way too inside out. McIlroy often has this problem and hits over draws."

."If you look at his transition the club is pointed halfway between his feet and the target line. That is steep. Is that very steep like handicap players?"

if you're steep you're steep regardless if you're a tour pro or a hdcp golfer Mac is not steep.

Does Mac look like this

I was referring to Rory being steep with the driver, not Mac. Generally speaking pros who are steep are not going to be extremely steep like handicap players. Average players often transition with the club pointing at their feet. You will not find many pros being this steep. They might transition with the club pointing halfway between the feet and target line so their underplane issues will not be as severe as a handicap player but it becomes a problem when you are trying to win majors.

Does Mac look like this

I was referring to Rory being steep with the driver, not Mac. Generally speaking pros who are steep are not going to be extremely steep like handicap players. Average players often transition with the club pointing at their feet. You will not find many pros being this steep. They might transition with the club pointing halfway between the feet and target line so their underplane issues will not be as severe as a handicap player but it becomes a problem when you are trying to win majors.

Kinda like Malaska who is in those pics, he's steep. So his recommendation of a steepening move at the transition would help exactly who then, golfers who are already steep like himself? And Rory isn't steep by a long shot...lol!

Does Mac look like this

Kinda like Malaska who is in those pics, he's steep. So his recommendation of a steepening move at the transition would help exactly who then, golfers who are already steep like himself? And Rory isn't steep by a long shot...lol!

Rory is not steep in terms of club angle. His club is quite flat in transition but because his hands are so deep he needs to be even flatter to get the club pointed at the target line. He's steep in relation to the target line which is the important part. Deep hands and steep in relation to the target is even a bigger recipe for underplane issues.

We're going to Cooler this one for a little while to review the posts and calm things down. Lots of Reports from all sides.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, Tensei White 65S
Taylormade BRNR Mini, 11.5*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade Sim Ti 18*, GD AD-IZ 7X

Taylormade Qi 4i, Dart 90 S

Taylormade P790 5i - 6i, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade P770 7i-AW, MMT 105 S +1"

Taylormade MG 3 56*, & 60*, MMT 105 S +1"
Taylormade MyTP Juno Long Neck, 35"