Who on tour has a Malaska type swing??

So malaska who has been playing and teaching for decades has decided to ignore the vast majority of golfers. Hand picks over shallowers for his videos and still seems to be doing quite well.

Most steep and or over the toppers don't tumble from the top

Do you have proof of that statement? Cause it's been measured in the Sasho Mackenzie study.

So malaska who has been playing and teaching for decades has decided to ignore the vast majority of golfers. Hand picks over shallowers for his videos and still seems to be doing quite well.

M.M. is successful because people believe things when they are ignorant of the facts. Some just hang on to a method no matter what. Malaska in one video admitted he didn't understand Jack N. when he said you can't release too early from the top as long as you move to your left side first.

Malaska thought the release was a throwaway move. Jack said WTF?...LOL! So when you're ignorant of things you believe in something else.

M.M. is successful because people believe things when they are ignorant of the facts. Some just hang on to a method no matter what. Malaska in one video admitted he didn't understand Jack N. when he said you can't release too early from the top as long as you move to your left side first.

Malaska thought the release was a throwaway move. Jack said WTF?...LOL! So when you're ignorant of things you believe in something else.

History of the world right there.

Do you have proof of that statement? Cause it's been measured in the Sasho Mackenzie study.

Only my eyes I'm afraid, over the top in my opinion is caused mainly from people swinging inside then looping mainly from the right shoulder hip and knee going towards the target. It's a natural move. I have yet to see a golfer who has a decent backswing who keeps those body parts back tumble the club over as a first move with their hands.

If you do the leg work and pivot work malaska himself states in the video posted earlier by the time you put his move into action you can't come steep or go over the top. If you somehow managed to do the malaska move without moving your body you would still come from the inside. But as I haven't seen one person do it in a full on swing it's probably not worth discussing.

So you thought releasing was keeping the wrists hinged?

Only my eyes I'm afraid, over the top in my opinion is caused mainly from people swinging inside then looping mainly from the right shoulder hip and knee going towards the target. It's a natural move. I have yet to see a golfer who has a decent backswing who keeps those body parts back tumble the club over as a first move with their hands.

If you do the leg work and pivot work malaska himself states in the video posted earlier by the time you put his move into action you can't come steep or go over the top. If you somehow managed to do the malaska move without moving your body you would still come from the inside. But as I haven't seen one person do it in a full on swing it's probably not worth discussing.

Malaska is the poster boy for his steep move as Iteach has shown!

Has anyone brought up that a hackers form of steep OTT is alot different than positive beta form of steep?

Hacker= lunge shoulders arms and club OTT have to use early extension to jump up to shallow so won't bury the club into ground.

+Beta= clubhead out hands in, get the feel of what it feels like for the clubhead to flee outward using momentum. Doing this from the top can equal a dead pull, but at least then you can start to understand how much you need to shallow and pivot to straighten it out.

I mean seriously guys what do you think malaska does when he's giving a lesson and tells somebody to do his move and they hit a Dead pull? The student doesn't leave there hitting dead pulls.

So you thought releasing was keeping the wrists hinged?

Huh? Malaska didn't know what Jack was talking about he admitted as much in that video that makes him ignorant of what was happening and he was a teacher then! He is ignorant as some others are about steep in transition as opposed to shallowing in transition. You're either steep or you shallow in transition and Malaska is steep and wants people to do a steepening move because he believes people are too shallow and "stuck".

He must mean all the good golfers and tour pros are doing it wrong and all the hackers are doing it right! He has it exactly backwards!

Trolls, quit using frickin exclamation points with everything it's a dead giveaway and very annoying!

Has anyone brought up that a hackers form of steep OTT is alot different than positive beta form of steep?

Hacker= lunge shoulders arms and club OTT have to use early extension to jump up to shallow so won't bury the club into ground.

+Beta= clubhead out hands in, get the feel of what it feels like for the clubhead to flee outward using momentum. Doing this from the top can equal a dead pull, but at least then you can start to understand how much you need to shallow and pivot to straighten it out.

I mean seriously guys what do you think malaska does when he's giving a lesson and tells somebody to do his move and they hit a Dead pull? The student doesn't leave there hitting dead pulls.

If someone watches his videos and does exactly what he says they do! Or they are not doing what he is telling them to do. There's other ways to make the shaft/club steep without going over top and hitting dead pulls! It's simple shaft steep at transition you have to shallow it later or you're a complete whiffer!

That's the issue you shallow when you should apply positive beta torque thus the dumping of angles and no rotation of the body but stalling flipping!

Trolls, quit using frickin exclamation points with everything it's a dead giveaway and very annoying!

You mean like the exclamation point you just used! Giveaway to what that I like to make a point strongly!

Scientific research -

Over 40 PGA professionals. All but one applied negative beta in early transition. The lone exception was one of the poorer drivers.

Of ALL amateurs tested not one applied negative beta and they all applied positive early in transition.

Scientific research -

Over 40 PGA professionals. All but one applied negative beta in early transition. The lone exception was one of the poorer drivers.

Of ALL amateurs tested not one applied negative beta and they all applied positive early in transition.

[size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b][color=#006400][i]I'm back on the tour playing again...[img]http://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clublexus.com-vbulletin/42x27/80-yahoo_c1e85bb914542fdc9f0f5b3c66f5ed93fa601ccf.gif[/img] [/i][/color][/b][/font][/size]

Scientific research -

[media=]

[/media]

Just deep and steep and shallow by releasing wrist angles no rotation of body to speak of besides that it's good. Also like how he really exaggerates the shallowing move that no hacker or average golfer does or good golfer. It shallows 1-2in. in a good swing some more some less but not 4 ft like MM shows...lol!

Every video posted up just keeps proving what Iteach, FWP,TB07 has said multiple times.

The thing to understand about Mike's drills and the techniques and methods he teaches (which applies to the vast majority of golf swings - both amateur and tour professional alike) is that most everyone 'thinks' their golf swing looks a certain way (both in-motion and positions), but the reality is - their swing looks immensely different than what they think. Mike puts the golfer (amateur or tour pro) in the correct movements and positions by having them swing a certain way, which may feel strange - yet it looks (and works) beautiful. Thus, Mike teaches 'This is what it feels like - but, this is what it looks like', which are two totally different things and accomplishes exactly what is needed.

When you see some of the tour pros (e.g. Justin Rose, Graeme McDowell) take strange looking pre-swing practice moves that look more like an 'over-the-top' move, they are doing exactly what Mike Malaska is teaching...

[size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b][color=#006400][i]I'm back on the tour playing again...[img]http://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clublexus.com-vbulletin/42x27/80-yahoo_c1e85bb914542fdc9f0f5b3c66f5ed93fa601ccf.gif[/img] [/i][/color][/b][/font][/size]

Scientific research -

5LD8tjs.jpg

That video shows exactly what we’ve been talking about. Arms are deep and work down which makes him steep in transition. This forces him to shallow LATE which results in him being UNDER plane. It results in the opposite of what he is trying to accomplish. Bottom player is a student of mine who shallows EARLY which then kicks the club out late in the downswing. This is exactly what MM wants to accomplish and it happens by the club SHALLOWING EARLY in transition, the opposite of what he’s teaching. MM is doing exactly what he’s telling people to do in transition but it has the opposite of his desired effect late in the downswing

The thing to understand about Mike's drills and the techniques and methods he teaches (which applies to the vast majority of golf swings - both amateur and tour professional alike) is that most everyone 'thinks' their golf swing looks a certain way (both in-motion and positions), but the reality is - their swing looks immensely different than what they think. Mike puts the golfer (amateur or tour pro) in the correct movements and positions by having them swing a certain way, which may feel strange - yet it looks (and works) beautiful. Thus, Mike teaches 'This is what it feels like - but, this is what it looks like', which are two totally different things and accomplishes exactly what is needed.

When you see some of the tour pros (e.g. Justin Rose, Graeme McDowell) take strange looking pre-swing practice moves that look more like an 'over-the-top' move, they are doing exactly what Mike Malaska is teaching...

McDowell isn’t event close. He’s working on the arms working out early then left through impact which FLATTENS the shaft in transition and steepens it late. He absolutely is not working on the arms staying deep and working down

I think the most important part of that video is the very start, where he tells her that this is an "exagerration move". I think the distinction between exaggeration intentions and feels vs "model" or "ideal" mechanics gets lost in the discussions on this forum. 90% of swing corrective instruction is simply for the student to intend to do the opposite of their flaw, but not ACTUALLY doing the opposite, which would also be a flaw. Think of a one to ten scale. If the model is 5, and your flaw is 10, and I ask you to do 5, you might move to 9, still a flaw. But if I ask you to try to do 1, you will likely end up at 5.

The corner idea is similar to mine, the "going east" concept includes the notion that the clubhead makes a total change in direction around waist high on the downswing, like a planet reaching the end of its orbit away from the sun, and then turning toward the sun.

"doing nothing" with the arms means not activating the arm muscles to move the arms, or Triangle, independently of the pivot in the horizontal dimension during the downswing. The arms are moving, of course, but from pivot momentum.

Agree 100% about the 'exaggeration move'. It's clear that the drill or practice swing is not what the real swing looks like, but Mike has been able to move the student's swing to where he wants it to be by having the student feel something in a drill or a practice swing that is very different.

qMy0BVg.jpg

To show it’s not an age thing or something only young guys can do. Here’s a student of mine who’s 70 years old and showing that when you shallow the club early in transition the club kicks out late and you can rotate more than a player who is steep early and has to shallow late by dumping wrist angles and flipping at it.

To show it's not an age thing or something only young guys can do. Here's a student of mine who's 70 years old and showing that when you shallow the club early in transition the club kicks out late and you can rotate more than a player who is steep early and has to shallow late by dumping wrist angles and flipping at it.

Hand path out toward the ball, a little out-to-in with an open clubface and a glancing blow at impact with very little compression?

To show it's not an age thing or something only young guys can do. Here's a student of mine who's 70 years old and showing that when you shallow the club early in transition the club kicks out late and you can rotate more than a player who is steep early and has to shallow late by dumping wrist angles and flipping at it.

A little out-to-in with an open clubface and a glancing blow at impact with very little compression?

Huh? He’s a 70 year old low single digit who has won multiple senior club championships.

Since you edited it, the hand path out towards the ball is a big reason why the club shallows and not getting it out and being deep is why MM is steep in transition.

qMy0BVg.jpg

To show it’s not an age thing or something only young guys can do. Here’s a student of mine who’s 70 years old and showing that when you shallow the club early in transition the club kicks out late and you can rotate more than a player who is steep early and has to shallow late by dumping wrist angles and flipping at it.

Awesome. This needs to be linked any time someone says they’re not flexible or athletic enough to be open at impact.

Sergio? No way. He's polar opposite in transition than the Malaska move.

Sergio has been mentioned a few times and it perplexes me as to why

If you look closely at Sergio's move, he's not "laying the shaft off" anymore in transition (it's already there), so he's actually working it more like malaska said to make sure it is not laid down anymore. That's why you'll see GG's players have an across the line look at the top. It allows their shoulders to work properly to shallow the club on the way down.

Correct - Malaska addresses Sergio's move (in the video below). TB07 completely misinterprets both what Sergio does as well as what Mike's drill or practice swing clearly is intended to accomplish, which is highly successful with a vast array of golfers from amateurs to professionals. I don't know why TB07 and some other instructors here can't 'get it, but what else is new...

[media=]

[/media]