2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

RECAP of LIVE Q&A / GIVEAWAY with AEROTECH, Wednesday Nov 15th, 2PM ET / 11AM PT.

What benefit does this new shaft provide versus other high end shafts such as an ADDI 7X that I currently game?

917 D3 8.5 Aerotech TI Fiber 70<br />Callaway GBB Epic Diaman whiteboard X<br />Titleist 818 H1 18 Atmos Black X<br />Titleist 718 AP3 4-GW AMT white<br />SM7 Raw Vokey 52F & 58K<br />Scotty Cameron Laguna

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How will a shaft like this help the beginner golfer? Is there a certain demographic these shafts are more targeted towards? Thanks!

While this shaft is targeted for the better player we do offer it in 60 and 70 grams models in several flexes which could benefit a very large variety of player profiles. The best thing to do for any level player would be to visit one of our Dealer/Clubfitters and get fit into the correct weight and flex.

after using your steelfiber 125cw x flex shafts -- i loved the feel, consistency and overall performance. with regards to the driver shaft, just as you have in iron shafts -- are the weight differences designed with the same performance in mind? ie the i95, i110, i125 shafts all perform similarly, just different weights to fit different golfers -- or are there different profiles available?

In the TiFiber line the Tour70 is firmer in the tip and has a slightly stiffer overall profile than the Pro60. Therefore there are differences between these weights to accommodate different performance objectives.

How does the titanium fiber impact the kickpoint of the shaft? Are you able to design shafts using this technology that create different kickpoints for different golf swings, or does the technology create a shaft that feels almost "kickpoint-less"?

The titanium fiber is applied in the hoop orientation which contributes more to the cross-sectional stability rather than the bend profile or kick point. But that said…the lighter weight properties of Titanium over the steel fiber allow for discretionary weight that we then devote to manipulating the carbon fiber to achieve the proper stiffness profile for different players. As for feel, this is very subjective. You just might have to try a TiFiber to find out!

Will an Aerotech iron shaft player experience the same high quality feel in the TiFiber driver shaft that they

have come to appreciate in the iron shafts ? In other words, a strong family resemblance ?

Thanks for some great shafts....

Definitely a strong family resemblence! The construction is similar for the SteelFiber and TiFiber shafts but the Tifiber utilizes a full surface layer of titanium instead of steel. With the superior strength-to-weight ratio of titanium this shaft exhibits exceptional stability under load......just taking the SteelFiber technology to the next level. Thanks for the support.

High Modulus carbon fiber vs Titanium...looking ahead, what other types of 'exotic' material can we expect to see from your R&D Dept? How long does it take to develop a shaft using 'new' materials?

Thanks.

Aerotech has built our shaft brand around innovative golf shaft designs and especially combining high tech materials to achieve performance levels never attained before. We are continuously looking at new materials and manufacturing techniques to increase the performance and enjoyment of the game. Most of the time new shaft designs take a year or longer to develop and unfortunately some never make it to the market because they just don’t elevate the performance as much as we expected.

I thought graphite/carbon fiber in general has higher tensile strength per weight than titanium. I maybe completely wrong....though.

So does Ti-fiber really add stability compared to adding extra layer(s) of graphite or is this more for a specific feel?

Steel fiber is easy to understand as weight of steel is much higher than graphite, it is easy to change the feel of a shaft.

Also can you add multiple layers of Ti-fiber in specific locations of the shaft instead of winding the entire length of the shaft per layer to control stiffness/weight in specific locations on the shaft?

You are correct that carbon fiber is higher in tensile strength per weight than titanium. The Titanium fiber is almost three times heavier than carbon (Steel fiber is 5 time heavier) which means we can control wall thickness of the shaft by using the Titanium fiber just as we do with the steel fiber. But the TiFiber allows us to have the same full surface layer of metal, and the stability it adds, as the SteelFiber but hit weights not achievable with the steel fiber. If we were targeting the lightest weight shaft possible then 100% carbon fiber would be the only way to get there.

Validation on tour is big. Do you have any players currently playing the driver shaft? Web,Pga Tour,Euro?

Absolutely, tour validation has been extremely important to our success with the SteelFiber iron shaft. Currently, our PGA and Champions tour reps are getting the TiFiber in the hands of players to test. We’ve already had a top ten with this shaft on the Champions Tour and we are looking forward to seeing many more players will have it in the bag soon.

Is the f5 and f6 flex designation a stiff and a extra stiff. Or is it x and xx ?

As stated before. I have two of the protos in hand. And haven't had a chance to cycle them to see how they rate. But in feel they are nice for sure in a fairway wood. I'm still thinking of tipping the driver to try to quiet it down a touch.. it has the feeing for me of the face open at impact. . But I'm not sure though. I may just get used to the feel.

The F5 is considered the Stiff and the F6 the XS. But keep in mind that the Tour 70 is firmer in the tip than the Pro 60 so they're going to play stiffer. I have not ever heard the feeling of "face open" from any tour players or testing that we've done. Might just need to spend a little more time with them. Thanks for the questions.

What range of weights is planed for this shaft?

And do you maintain a similar stiffness profile across the different weights - or perhaps do you make progressive changes to the stiffness profile for the different weight models?

Thanks.

The TiFiber Pro60 is just below 60 grams and the Tour70 is just above 70 grams. Although the stiffness profiles are similar, the Tour70 does have a firmer tip section than its lighter counterpart. Thanks.

If you did a quick survey asking the majority of golfers about iron shaft manufacturers, you would hear True Temper/Project X, KBS, and Nippon. From a marketing standpoint, are there plans to make a bigger push to grab a greater slice of that pie? More demo days, added PGA pro's, work with a manufacturer to be the stock shaft in a new offering, etc.?

Thank you for your time.

Aerotech has been very fortunate to be rapidly gaining market share of the past several years even during an overall flat golf market. We feel very confident that this trend will continue with the new products that are currently in development and as our brand awareness continues to rise.

What is the difference in construction of the pro and tour shafts? Is the titanium used differently, is there more or less of it in different places, etc?

Thanks!

Good question. The titanium hoop wind is identical on the two versions of the TiFiber. However, the Tour70 has a higher volume of carbon fiber which contributes to the stiffer overall profile and tip section and greater overall weight.

How important is achieving high launch / low spin when designing a shaft for tour players?

Thank you for the question. In general, these are shaft performance characteristics which are preferred by many tour players and are considered in the development stages depending on the particular shaft. The TiFiber shaft in the Tour70 version would definitely fall under this category.

Thanks for taking the time to discuss with us. Is this shaft counterweighted? If not, are there plans for a version that is?

The TiFiber is not counterweighted in the current version but you may see that down the road. Thank you.

Chris,

Just ordered some I95s in X flex this week. Pretty excited about this new offering for woods.

Question - do you anticipate that they'll play a little stiff to the noted flex like the iron shafts?

Thanks!

The TiFiber Tour70 is firmer in the tip than the Pro60 so it will likely play on the firm side of flex but it really just depends on how you load the shaft. One persons firm feel can be another person's soft feel...if you know what i mean. :)

Does the shaft help lower the spin on the modern drivers of today?

Does the shaft help lower the spin on the modern drivers of today? And how?

Good question. Yes…the tip section of the TiFiber shaft is extremely stable at impact due to the combination of the titanium fiber hoop wind and high modulus carbon fiber enhanced tip. This results in controlled spin based on tip stability and relative stiffness.

after using your steelfiber 125cw x flex shafts -- i loved the feel, consistency and overall performance. with regards to the driver shaft, just as you have in iron shafts -- are the weight differences designed with the same performance in mind? ie the i95, i110, i125 shafts all perform similarly, just different weights to fit different golfers -- or are there different profiles available?

In the TiFiber line the Tour70 is firmer in the tip and has a slightly stiffer overall profile than the Pro60. Therefore there are differences between these weights to accommodate different performance objectives.

Of the variations, as various OEMs are coming out with lighter driver heads to accommodate longer length drivers, do either of these versions have counterbalance aspects to them? or, if they do not, how have you seen these shafts perform in drivers under 45" in length?

*edit* saw you answered the counterbalance part of this question

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Any plans to release a 60 X? I'm surprised that isn't an option.

I always lean toward the lighter shaft because I need the extra launch, but spin isn't an issue. My angle of attack is usually around +2, but I generally launch low (10-12 degrees), regardless. The TiFiber sounds great but I'm not sure if I'd be able to fit into either option with a ss of 110-112.

How has stability improved over the current shafts? Has this led to a decrease in dispersion and spin rates?

Good question. While the SteelFiber wood shafts are extremely stable we were limited in weight reduction because of the density of the steel on the surface. By using titanium fiber on the surface, it has allowed us to increase the stability at even lighter weights. The reduction in dispersion and spin rates are definitely evident in the heavier stiffer versions but the lighter softer models of TiFiber help optimize ball flight for certain player profiles.

Hello,

Great looking products you have there.

I was recently fitted for an Epic Sub Zero driver with an x-stiff Alidila Rogue Silver 60g and have yet to make the move on buying it. What shaft do you have that has a similar (or better) specification? I think they look great and would love to be your tester in Scotland. I need a low spinning driver shaft that will help with my dispersion. Promise a good review.

Thanks and good luck!

Hi Chris, Lynden, WA native here. What was the inspiration to include titanium fiber in the new shaft? I also noticed limited flexes for both the tour and pro models, is this a result of the titanium?

Also looking to give your iron shaft a try in my TMAG UDI 2 iron, would you recommend the i125x or the i110x? I'm having a hard time making a decision on weight. My GD ADDI 105x felt loose but I had great results with it for a few weeks until it broke...

Hello Neighbor!! We set out a couple of years ago to create a new driver shaft that would compete with the super-premium models offered by other shaft manufacturers. As you know Aerotech is mainly know for our composite iron shafts, but we have not had as much success in the driver shaft market. We didn’t want to release a super high-end driver shaft until we had something revolutionary. We believe we’ve achieved this with the TiFiber technology. Feel free to give us a call if you would like to discuss which shaft would be the best fit for you in the UDI 2i.

Do these things counterbalance at any of the weight offerings (a la i95 vs i110)? Thanks!

We have not engineered any counterbalance into these shafts. Therefore the balance point is going to be near 50% on both models.

Interesting...a little off topic to your wood offerings, but can you confirm whether the i125 counterbalances similarly to the i110? I'm looking for some wedge shafts to go with my new iron shafts, and like to play the wedges overlength, so a little counterweighting actually comes in handy.

Hi Chris - any thoughts on flex with these? Steelfibers tend to play a little stiff...same deal here?

Thank you for the question. The SteelFiber does tend to perform with the characteristics associated with a firmer flex. This is generally in comparison of our i80, i95 and i110 to lighter weight steel shafts due to the nature of the materials. The TiFiber, with the tip section design, will be extremely stable, but players will still be able to feel the shaft load due to the bend profile.

what kind of tipping do you recommend with these shafts?

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Is the f5 and f6 flex designation a stiff and a extra stiff. Or is it x and xx ?

As stated before. I have two of the protos in hand. And haven't had a chance to cycle them to see how they rate. But in feel they are nice for sure in a fairway wood. I'm still thinking of tipping the driver to try to quiet it down a touch.. it has the feeing for me of the face open at impact. . But I'm not sure though. I may just get used to the feel.

The F5 is considered the Stiff and the F6 the XS. But keep in mind that the Tour 70 is firmer in the tip than the Pro 60 so they're going to play stiffer. I have not ever heard the feeling of "face open" from any tour players or testing that we've done. Might just need to spend a little more time with them. Thanks for the questions.

Thanks ! WAsnt meaning to say that it was the shafts fault. Just different feeling.

My driver shaft is untipped. Do you have any tour guys who have it tipped ? If so how much ? Normally play most shafts tipped a half inch. Driver speed as measured by trackman is 115 for a round number. Sometimes more. Cold days less. The 70f6 is what I'm asking about. Thanks again for being on here to answer our questions.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Hi, what's the difference between the prototypes being used and what you'll have for sale? Thanks!

The TiFiber prototypes (with prototype on the graphics label) are the exact same shafts as the main production runs. This is the case with any shaft on tour as well. The SteelFiber iron shaft used on tour is the exact same as sent to OEMs, distributors and club fitters. Thank you.

Is the shaft low, med or high spin? or will there be a mix?

While both the Tour70 and Pro60 would be considered relatively low spin the Tour 70 is going to be the lower of the two due to the greater tip stiffness.

Will we see these offered through the major OEM's as standard or an upgrade option?

Currently we are in the qualifying process with some of the major OEMs. We plan for the TiFiber to be offered as a custom option upgrade at many of the major manufacturers this coming year. Thank you for the question.

Can I change my Proto 70 for a 60? Haha, you guys will really enjoy this shaft. I benefit from a lighter shaft with a little less stiffness but it still works incredibly well for me.

Congrats on winning the shaft in our last Golf WRX giveaway Josh! Glad to hear the TiFiber Pro70 is performing well for you even though you sound like the Pro60 is preferred. The good news is that your shaft is one of the very few with prototype graphics....and you just might win again.