2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

RECAP of LIVE Q&A / GIVEAWAY with AEROTECH, Wednesday Nov 15th, 2PM ET / 11AM PT.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the Ti iron shafts have similar swing weight characteristics as the normal SF shafts (ie i110's a couple points lower than the i95's). How would you characterize the new iron shafts to the old?

Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
4 Hybrid...
Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
Ping Ketsch Mid 

Will the Ti iron shafts have similar swing weight characteristics as the normal SF shafts (ie i110's a couple points lower than the i95's). How would you characterize the new iron shafts to the old?

There's iron shafts with the Ti-mesh too? Aerotech please tell us more.............

Driver: still looking.....
4 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 17.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW70x @ 42 1/2".

7 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 22.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW80x @ 41 3/4".
Irons: Kamui Pro KP-102 5i-PW + KBS TGI 110 + 1/2".
Wedges: Callaway Jaws Forged 50°/55°/60° + KBS C-Taper
Putter: SeeMore SB1 + Accra FX300.

What do tour pros using SteelFiber iron shafts think of these new wood shafts?

Has the TiFiber shaft been better received in testing in drivers or fairways in the 70gram version?

Is there a "target player" for the TiFiber Tour driver shaft based on swing speed, launch characteristics, spin rates, etc?

Thanks for taking questions on wrx and a great giveaway!

Hi Chris,

So the i95 is by far the lightest graphite iron shaft, that has been as consistent as steel, for me anyway. It seems the trend right now with driver shafts is to move to the 50-60 gram range, while trying to keep the dispersion and trajectory of a heavier shaft. Are you using the titanium fiber to make a much lighter shaft, with all the qualities of a heavier shaft ( hope this makes sense) ? Nothing in the ultra light range has worked for me, but i haven’t had an Aerotech in the driver yet either.

Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...

Own a pair of F6 protos in driver and 4 wood now. I wonder how closely this shaft follows the old diamana white board profile ? To me it is very similar. Also. My driver is untipped currently. If I tipped it a half inch would I expect lower launch or just a tighter feel ? Or both ? For reference I'm swinging 115-117 and usually play everything x flex tipped a half in driver.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions! I have the i110 in a driving iron and i95 in a hybrid. I love the stability the steelfiber provides and the near seamless transition from my steel iron shafts but I find them to be a bit finicky when not swung fully (much moreso with the i110 than the i95) while they shine when pushed hard. I have tried the SteelFiber wood shafts before and did not get the same performance or feel. Since the driver (or other woods) generally aren't swung at less than a full swing, I'm not expecting to have the same issue with the Ti-Fiber. However, in lighter weights, how does the Ti-Fiber maintain stability when swung hard? What have you taken away from the development and refinement of the SteelFiber and incorporated into the Ti-Fiber? How different was/is the development of a wood shaft compared to an iron shaft?

Thanks again!

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

Hi Chris, big fan of Steelfiber shafts here, they've allowed me to overcome the pain from a bad bout of elbow tendinitis and long term wrist injuries.

My question is: As a current player of Steelfiber i95 Stiff for the smooth feel and light weight, but with the swing speed to swing an X stiff (115mph with driver) would you recommend the Ti Fiber Tour 70 or Pro 60 for a player like me? I've got a smooth transition, but under pressure lighter, looser shafts can get away from me.

Thanks!

Since carbon fiber absorbs vibration better than metals how do you ensure the smooth feel of a carbon fiber shaft is maintained when you add in a titanium layer (especially in heavier weights and stiffer flexes). The difference in smoothness between various manufacturers using only carbon fiber is significant from one brand's 70X to another; do you feel your shaft is on the smoother end or more stout feeling?

Cobra LTDx LS Diamana B 70
TEE CB4 Tour 15° Attas T2
SLDR 3H Speeder HB 9.8

Honma TW 737 P 4 iron
Honma TR 20V 5-PW PX LS
Vokey SM7 52° & 58°
Tour Issue Toulon Austin

Hello Chris,

What are your thoughts on the recent trend of companies offering a TX flex for retail custom order and their tour player use. Do you believe Aerotech will one day offer a TX flex or for this new Ti-Fiber shaft? From what I generally hear, its just a slightly heavier, more stable and tighter version of an X in any given shaft- usually requires less tipping as well.

Cheers

post-1164-0-75043200-1510267564.jpg

Hello WRX Members!

Thanks for joining us today. Aerotech is excited to announce the addition of our new Super Premium driver shaft, TiFiber. As most of you know this shaft is constructed with a high modulus graphite core and a full surface layer of layer Titanium fiber (nearly 50 miles of Ti fiber on each shaft)

I’m joined today by our Director of Club Fitting Services, Chris Jorgensen. Together we’ll do our best answer as many questions as we can in our allotted 1-hour time frame.

Thanks again everyone…we look forward to receiving your questions.

Hi Chris, with this new micro thin titanium fiber layer, can it be used in a way whereas if it's applied say 2 to 3 passes in certain areas along the length of the shaft would that change the bend profile of said shaft, or is that done with the modulus graphite or both materials?

Thanks, tim

Thank you for the question Tim. The titanium fiber layer is applied in the hoop wind orientation which does not have a huge impact the bend profile. The bend profile is achieved mainly with the high modulus carbon fiber inner windings.

after using your steelfiber 125cw x flex shafts -- i loved the feel, consistency and overall performance. with regards to the driver shaft, just as you have in iron shafts -- are the weight differences designed with the same performance in mind? ie the i95, i110, i125 shafts all perform similarly, just different weights to fit different golfers -- or are there different profiles available?

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Is the f5 and f6 flex designation a stiff and a extra stiff. Or is it x and xx ?

As stated before. I have two of the protos in hand. And haven't had a chance to cycle them to see how they rate. But in feel they are nice for sure in a fairway wood. I'm still thinking of tipping the driver to try to quiet it down a touch.. it has the feeing for me of the face open at impact. . But I'm not sure though. I may just get used to the feel.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Looks familiar...i do have questions though

Why did you change the driver shaft to titanium wire instead of making the driver shaft exactly like the iron steel fiber??

Good question. We do make SteelFiber wood shafts but by using Titanium instead of steel on the outer surface we can achieve even higher stability at lighter weights than ever before.

As a player that prefers a low 60 to high 50 gram driver shaft, can the tifiber shaft provide the weight I am looking for without having to jump up a flex or 2 just to get the flight and spin I am looking for?

Thank you for the question. The tip section of the TiFiber shaft, even in the lighter Pro60 version, has been designed to control spin and launch conditions. There should be no need to increase the flex due to the extremely stable tip section

first, thank you for giving your time to us! Second, do you mind sharing in your opinion what areas of shaft technology have the most room for growth, whether it be materials used, manufacturing tolerances, weight ranges etc. Also, in your opinion what separates you most from the competition?

10.5* G430 Max Diamana BF 60

15* G430 Max Tour Shaft

21* Apex UW Diamana Ilima 80
22* (bent 23*) X Forged UT KBS Proto

Apex MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Vokey SM9 Raw 50F, 56F, 60T

Toulon La Grange SB w/ KBS CT Tour

Jones Players Series 003

Are you seeing players who fit into the 110/125 iron shafts prefer the 70 gram driver shaft, and the lighter driver shaft for your 80/95 iron players?

Generally speaking (but not always) a player that prefers the heavier weighted iron shafts will also gravitate towards the heavier driver shaft. But the proof is in your ball flight. It's always best to get fit by an Aerotech Dealer/Clubfitter. Here is a link to our dealer locator: https://aerotechgolfshafts.com/clubfitter-dealer/