Bethpage reservation system

rwill522

Whats to stop a Non NYS resident from making a tee time 7 days out, waiting until 3 days out, cancelling the "fake" NYS tee time and immediately booking a non NYS tee time so they don't have problems at the window. Seems like a big loophole to me...

This is actually genius...

Once you make your initial reservation They will check to see if you're a resident when you arrive. After that you will be in the system and they will know if you have residency or not. So even if you get in the first time they will charge you more but, will still give the tee time.

I get that but what Im saying is you make a tee time as a "resident" then a day or 2 before cancel that tee time and immediately book the same time as a "non resident". I think the actual time is more important than the money you pay as a non resident

You'd be able to do that once? As soon as you're in the system you can only register as a non resident if that's what you are.

You’re not understanding. You would do they first tee time as a “resident” as John Doe and the second tee time as a non resident as your real name. They would never know the 2 are both you.

G400 LST -Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
G25 3W - Ping tour X-Flex
G30 5W - Ping Tour X
MP 5 - TI X100
Vokey 50/54/58
DJ Spider Ltd

"You’re not understanding. You would do they first tee time as a “resident” as John Doe and the second tee time as a non resident as your real name. They would never know the 2 are both you."

You realize you have to register with a NYS ID driver's lic? So how will that work ....create 40 aliases? Okay.

Titleist  TSi2 8.0 TPT 14.5 LKP LT LW 
Ping G400 14.5* TPT 15 LKP LT LW 

Ping i210 4-PW TT Elevate Tour X
Cleveland tour raw 52, 56, 60 DG x100
Byron Morgan- HG-DH89
Titleist PV1x
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels

"You’re not understanding. You would do they first tee time as a “resident” as John Doe and the second tee time as a non resident as your real name. They would never know the 2 are both you."

You realize you have to register with a NYS ID driver's lic? So how will that work ....create 40 aliases? Okay.

No you don't. That's what's opening these loopholes. Under the new system, they don't verify your residency in any way until you are standing there at the window. All they ask you at registration for online tee times is if you are a resident or a non-resident -- with no check.

No, they dont ask for any identification when you sign up.

G30 5W - Ping Tour X
MP 5 - TI X100
Vokey 50/54/58
DJ Spider Ltd

OUCH! Every time I come here to this thread to hope if something's new, I hear of something else to possibly screw the system, As bad as it was the old telephone system seemed to work best. Yes, there were underhanded things happening but I don't see how this online reservation system is going to be better. Many things have to be fixed for it to work correctly.

No you don't. That's what's opening these loopholes. Under the new system, they don't verify your residency in any way until you are standing there at the window. All they ask you at registration for online tee times is if you are a resident or a non-resident -- with no check.

Check post 57

No, they dont ask for any identification when you sign up.

check post 57

Titleist  TSi2 8.0 TPT 14.5 LKP LT LW 
Ping G400 14.5* TPT 15 LKP LT LW 

Ping i210 4-PW TT Elevate Tour X
Cleveland tour raw 52, 56, 60 DG x100
Byron Morgan- HG-DH89
Titleist PV1x
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels

If you're interested to know:

• There is a $5 per person reservation fee which is payable when you claim the reservation at the golf course.
  • All golfers must purchase their tickets at least one hour prior to their tee time. Times will automatically be released and become available for walk-up purchase if the reservation is not claimed 1 hour prior to the tee time. The person making the reservation must be the first person to pay for his or her ticket and have their identification with them.
  • Reservations are not transferable. The person making the reservation must claim, pay, and play under the reservation. You have up to 6 hours prior to your tee time to cancel without penalty. If you cancel after that you will be charged a $15 per person no show fee.
  • In the case of a delayed opening, we will not honor any reservations or walk-ups prior to the established opening time. For example, if our first tee time is at 9:00am, all tee times prior to 9:00am will be cancelled. If a course does not open, the reserves on that course are cancelled.
  • Within 24 hours of your tee time you cannot modify your reservation. If you choose to do so you may cancel the entire reservation and rebook subject to availability. There is no guarantee that that time will not be re-booked. If you cancel within 6 hours of your tee time or fail to claim your tee time 1 hour prior to your playtime you are considered a no show and you will be charged a $15 per person no-show fee per person. If you are considered a no-show, you will be suspended from making reservations until payment is received.
  • You must have a NYS Driver's License or a NYS Non-Driver Identification Card to obtain the Resident Rate on the Black or Red Courses. If you do not have either one of those ID’s, you must pay the Non-Resident rate.

• In the case of a delayed opening, we will not honor any reservations or walk-ups prior to the established opening time. For example, if our first tee time is at 9:00am, all tee times prior to 9:00am will be cancelled. If a course does not open, the reserves on that course are cancelled.

Wow, that's a tough policy. If the course has a delayed opening they just cancel the earlier times? Kinda messed up IMO

G30 5W - Ping Tour X
MP 5 - TI X100
Vokey 50/54/58
DJ Spider Ltd

Wow, that's a tough policy. If the course has a delayed opening they just cancel the earlier times? Kinda messed up IMO

YES! It appears that the best we can do is pray for good weather.

• All golfers must purchase their tickets at least one hour prior to their tee time. Times will automatically be released and become available for walk-up purchase if the reservation is not claimed 1 hour prior to the tee time. The person making the reservation must be the first person to pay for his or her ticket and have their identification with them.

Let me tell you what happened last Sunday. I have a regular foursome that I play with each week. One of my regulars [he's a good friend as well] is always late showing up or comes just as we're ready to tee off. No matter how many times we have told him to come early, even having to lie to him that the tee time is earlier than it really is [he called Bethpage to see what the tee time really was - yeah, I know so don't say it], he doesn't change. He was told that Bethpage changed the reservation system and that they must have all the players there 1-hour before the tee time. Anyway, he was late again Sunday and when he went to pay, the cashier computer had bumped him out. Fortunately for him the weather was bad so he was able to get back in. Point being, don't mess with the 1-hour requirement because you never know. I think this should now change him!

• 2 weeks later...

My buddy and I are flying in from Minnesota late Wednesday night of this week to play Trump Ferry Point on Thursday (cheaper for me with military discount Monday-Thursday) and then Bethpage Black on Friday. By the time I could make a reservation at Bethpage the only tee time available in the reservation system for two of us was 5pm. I'm also holding a 1:40pm on Thursday at Bethpage just incase, as there is no way of getting in 18 at 5pm on Friday. With 24 hour cancellation policies does anyone have a suggestion on what to do? WIll any tee times open up on Friday, are we going to for sure get a spot on Friday if we were to sleep in the car on Thursday night, or should we just suck it up and take the sure shot and play Bethpage on Thursday despite the additional costs to us? My current plan is to keep checking the Friday reservations throughout the day today and tomorrow and hope something earlier on Friday opens up but I need to have a backup.

My buddy and I are flying in from Minnesota late Wednesday night of this week to play Trump Ferry Point on Thursday (cheaper for me with military discount Monday-Thursday) and then Bethpage Black on Friday. By the time I could make a reservation at Bethpage the only tee time available in the reservation system for two of us was 5pm. I'm also holding a 1:40pm on Thursday at Bethpage just incase, as there is no way of getting in 18 at 5pm on Friday. With 24 hour cancellation policies does anyone have a suggestion on what to do? WIll any tee times open up on Friday, are we going to for sure get a spot on Friday if we were to sleep in the car on Thursday night, or should we just suck it up and take the sure shot and play Bethpage on Thursday despite the additional costs to us? My current plan is to keep checking the Friday reservations throughout the day today and tomorrow and hope something earlier on Friday opens up but I need to have a backup.

Granted it is Memorial Day weekend so it will be busier than normal. But for a typical Friday you wouldn’t have any issue showing up early (don’t think you need to sleep in the car from experience) and getting a twosome at a decent enough time. We usually get our tee time and then go to the diner to kill some time. Also, I have heard with the new online reservation system to keep checking for openings for Friday. Especially a day or two before since there is a no show penalty so people have motivation to actually cancel tee times they aren’t planning on using.

I agree with what's already been said. Just show up as early as you can on Friday and you're more than likely to find a spot for a twosome at a reasonable time.

• 4 weeks later...

Depending on the course, Red or Black especially, it’s hard to get a tee time especially since by 7:05pm almost everything before 9:30am is gone. And even though you’re on at 7:01 you’re fighting for the same tee time as so many others and it’s a luck of the draw that they give it to you.

Taylormade SIM2 Max | Srixon Z-Star | Cleveland Launcher DST | Mizuno JPX-825 Pro | Titleist Vokey SM5 (54S, 58K) | SC Studio Select Newport 2

do they still accept walk-ins?

my nephew--who is a New York resident--and i walked in on a weekday on July 2002 about 2 weeks after the US Open at about 6:30 am and were given a 7:30am tee-time at the Red and 1:30pm at the Black..

we chose to play the Red as we didn't want to wait 7 hours to play and played with another NY resident and had a very pleasant game..

the fairway at hole no.1 was still unplayable due to the remnants of the hospitality tents still being there so we played from a temporary tee which made it a very short par 4 or a par 3 i think..

i could see the 17th hole of the Black from the tee of no.2 at the Red and remember taking a picture with it in the background..

shot 83 from the member's tees...

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

Yes to walk-ins.

EDIT: Red is full but Black 18th is par 3 for now.

I played Red this past Sunday, and 18 on Black looked like it was playing as a par 4 again.

Some of the fairway bunkers are GUR but it's playing as a par 4. Maybe certain days they're still playing it as a par 3 if they're doing more work that particular day but I played it two weeks ago and played it as a par 4 and every time I've been back to Bethpage since it's been playing as a par 4.

Yes to walk-ins.

EDIT: Red is full but Black 18th is par 3 for now.

I played Red this past Sunday, and 18 on Black looked like it was playing as a par 4 again.

Some of the fairway bunkers are GUR but it's playing as a par 4. Maybe certain days they're still playing it as a par 3 if they're doing more work that particular day but I played it two weeks ago and played it as a par 4 and every time I've been back to Bethpage since it's been playing as a par 4.

Good to know. I played Yellow last week so I didn't exactly know. Thanks.

• Bethpage made a clareification in their reservation email. Please read:

• All golfers must purchase their tickets at least one hour prior to their tee time. The person making the reservation must be the first person to pay for his or her ticket and have their identification with them. If all players have not claimed their tee time 40 minutes prior, they will be deleted from the tee time and the time will be open to the public for walkup sale. The email you receive will have the tee time and the number of players that you booked for. It does not necessarily mean that all the players were no-shows. For instance, if you book a tee time for 4 players and 1 player does not show the No Show email will have the original booking amount. You are then responsible for a $15 no show fee for the 1 player who did not show.

My friends and I are thinking about a trip down to LI the last weekend of August. Playing Saturday afternoon on one of the other courses, then Sunday morning on the Black. How's people expereiences been getting tee time on the Black for Sunday before noon at the 7-day window?

It's doable. Just have your boys and yourself at the ready at 7 pm to try to book. If all else fails you can always get there early for the walk up times.

2017 M1 460 9.5 - Diamana BF 60X2017
M2 Tour 15 - Diamana CK Blue 70X
TM P790 UDI #2
TM P760 - #4-9 DG TI S400
Vokey SM6 46.08F, 50.08F, 54.10V, 58.11K DG TI S4100
TM Spider Putter

My friends and I are thinking about a trip down to LI the last weekend of August. Playing Saturday afternoon on one of the other courses, then Sunday morning on the Black. How's people expereiences been getting tee time on the Black for Sunday before noon at the 7-day window?

It's doable. Just have your boys and yourself at the ready at 7 pm to try to book. If all else fails you can always get there early for the walk up times.

Thanks for the feedback. Which of the other courses do you recommend?