Maltby TS2

Popeye64

> @dmeeksDC said:

> > @Popeye64 said:

> > I will have a mixed bag in play for the rest of the season. I have the TS-2 5-7 and the TS-1 8-GW they are shafted with the DG 105 S shafts. I dropped the TS-1s early in the year when I was struggling with my swing. I actually had the MMB Blacks as a mixed set with the TS-2 5,6.

> > I worked through my swing issues and I look forward to giving these a second go. I suffered from a swing that was not firing through the ball. In my head I was getting the GI aspect of the irons do the work for me rather than moving aggressively through the ball. The MMBs make me swing like I mean it and it had nothing to do with my swing,, it was all between my ears.

> > I wanted to shaft everything with the Paderson TS1s but I just couldnt break down the MMBs.

>

> Interesting breakdown of how you were swinging. Speed at the bottom! Ya gotta have it. This combo sounds solid. You’ve really been a fan of the Paderson iron shaft. Does it play true to flex? By reputation they are known for great stability.

The Paderson TS series iron shafts have great feel and are very consistent. Shot dispersion is tight! When I have that 'speed at the bottom' the MMBs have been amazing. Plus they have a muted black color that shows the carbon weave. Look amazing with the black heads. They are a great iron shaft and I have no idea why they dont get much play. I know the driver shafts are the #1 shafts in long drive and are filtering into more filters. I have a Kinetixx Launch shaft in play in my driver and love the feel.

My main reason for giving the TS-1s a run again is I do need that help in the sole area that the TS offeres. If the MMB had that same sole I would be in heaven. Maybe Maltbys next version of a sold forged will have it when they show up in 2021.

Had a blast today with my mixed bag. Played a course in upstate NY,, Leatherstocking in Cooperstown,,, and got off to a rough start as it was low 50s and windy. Elevated greens made things even worse. The TS-1s were excellent. Solid feel and great flight. It was a huge difference from the last time I played them. I was aggressively swinging the club and the results were amazing.

I even had a few instances of needing the 7 iron and the TS-2 did just what I wanted. Overall I shot a 73 and was pretty damn pleased. Conditions in the fairways were very wet. Had I played the MMBs I would have been burying clubs all over the course. I cant say enough about the silence design on these irons.

On a side note the gap between the TS-1 8 iron and the TS-2 7 iron is 6 degrees I did not have an issue with gaps. They played out just as I needed.

I may have read this in this thread but can’t seem to find the post. How is the TS1/TS2 vs the PTM in terms of blade length, and by that I mean the appearance of blade length. I like a club that looks more compact (not tiny, more like a Ping S55 is what I prefer) and sometimes clubs that measure longer still look compact because of the design even if they measure a little longer (could have a taller face, taller at the heel etc, which changes the look). Can someone comment on how compact the PTM, TS1 and TS2 appear from address? The TS1 measures as similar to Mizzy HM Pro, but from pics the TS1 looks a little more compact to my eye, but hard to really tell from pics. Thanks

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

> @dmeeksDC said:

> I may have read this in this thread but can’t seem to find the post. How is the TS1/TS2 vs the PTM in terms of blade length, and by that I mean the appearance of blade length. I like a club that looks more compact (not tiny, more like a Ping S55 is what I prefer) and sometimes clubs that measure longer still look compact because of the design even if they measure a little longer (could have a taller face, taller at the heel etc, which changes the look). Can someone comment on how compact the PTM, TS1 and TS2 appear from address? The TS1 measures as similar to Mizzy HM Pro, but from pics the TS1 looks a little more compact to my eye, but hard to really tell from pics. Thanks

Visually the PTM looks the biggest, though it's near identical to the TS-2. The TS-1s are not that small but they appear to be a more compact design.

> @Popeye64 said:

> > @dmeeksDC said:

> > I may have read this in this thread but can’t seem to find the post. How is the TS1/TS2 vs the PTM in terms of blade length, and by that I mean the appearance of blade length. I like a club that looks more compact (not tiny, more like a Ping S55 is what I prefer) and sometimes clubs that measure longer still look compact because of the design even if they measure a little longer (could have a taller face, taller at the heel etc, which changes the look). Can someone comment on how compact the PTM, TS1 and TS2 appear from address? The TS1 measures as similar to Mizzy HM Pro, but from pics the TS1 looks a little more compact to my eye, but hard to really tell from pics. Thanks

> Visually the PTM looks the biggest, though it's near identical to the TS-2. The TS-1s are not that small but they appear to be a more compact design.

>

That's kind of confusing. The PTM and the TS-2 dimensionally are nearly the same yet the PTM visually looks bigger. If you have been used to blades the TS-1 will fit your eye. If you game GI irons the PTM and TS-2 will fit you better.

> @dmeeksDC said:

> I may have read this in this thread but can’t seem to find the post. How is the TS1/TS2 vs the PTM in terms of blade length, and by that I mean the appearance of blade length. I like a club that looks more compact (not tiny, more like a Ping S55 is what I prefer) and sometimes clubs that measure longer still look compact because of the design even if they measure a little longer (could have a taller face, taller at the heel etc, which changes the look). Can someone comment on how compact the PTM, TS1 and TS2 appear from address? The TS1 measures as similar to Mizzy HM Pro, but from pics the TS1 looks a little more compact to my eye, but hard to really tell from pics. Thanks

I'll add that the TS-1 appears quite a bit larger than my prior sets (Dynacraft Prophet Muscle Backs and Honma 737v). TS-1 does not look like a compact blade to me. And yes, the PTM does visually appear larger than all of these.

> @Sparky14 said:

> > @dmeeksDC said:

> > I may have read this in this thread but can’t seem to find the post. How is the TS1/TS2 vs the PTM in terms of blade length, and by that I mean the appearance of blade length. I like a club that looks more compact (not tiny, more like a Ping S55 is what I prefer) and sometimes clubs that measure longer still look compact because of the design even if they measure a little longer (could have a taller face, taller at the heel etc, which changes the look). Can someone comment on how compact the PTM, TS1 and TS2 appear from address? The TS1 measures as similar to Mizzy HM Pro, but from pics the TS1 looks a little more compact to my eye, but hard to really tell from pics. Thanks

>

> I'll add that the TS-1 appears quite a bit larger than my prior sets (Dynacraft Prophet Muscle Backs and Honma 737v). TS-1 does not look like a compact blade to me. And yes, the PTM does visually appear larger than all of these.

Looked up some numbers. The TS1 has a blade length of 3.161 inches, which is 80.2 mm. The JPX 919 Forged is 80.1, the MP20 HMB is 80.5 and the 919 Hot Metal Pro is 81.2. The JPX 919 Tour, which I would consider compact, is 77.1. I used Mizuno because their Euro site includes blade lengths. A lot of OEMs don’t have those measurements readily available, but Mizzy does and so does Maltby.

So at 80.2 mm, the TS1 is sort of a tweener, but if it needed a category IMO it’s on the compact end of the midsized heads. Basically the same length as the 919F, which is probably right where it should be for being a players head with some tech, but in photos it seems a touch more squat, which can make a head look more compact than it is. I find some of the TM 700 series heads look more compact because of their shape. The 770 (77mm) looks more compact to me than the 919 Tour, but measures almost exactly the same.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

> @TRS said:

> I have the PTM as a back-up set and been looking at the TS2 as well. How do they compare in ball flight? I tend to spin my PTM a bit more than I'd like to (somewhat a shaft related issue as well) so if the TS2 by design is a bit more penetrating I would be very interested.

The COG of the PTM is .750, the TS-2 is .794. So technically the TS-2 should have a more penetrating flight. I have not had those heads back to back enough to say that there is a huge difference but I do hit the TS-2 with a penetrating flight compared to the TS-1 which have the same COG at the PTM. Take the TE or the DBM and they are .725. I hit those very high compared to all of them.

Thought the TS-2 fly fairly low for me they do stop pretty well.

I hate to crap on all the love for the TS-2, but here goes. I got mine about 3 months ago with the TT Elevate shafts. I just can't get along with them. I had hit the Cally Apex 19's with the same shafts and loved them. I ordered the TS-2's to save some coin. For me, and me only, the irons just don't work. Maybe the shaft isn't a good match with the heads -- don't know. As a sweeper, I find that the TS-2's want to bounce along the ground. I need a sole that cuts into the turf. Oh, and I don't care for the look of the short irons. Too round for my eye (that's purely personal, of course. Others may love the look). I kinda wish I had ordered the TS-1's with a graphite shaft. Anyhow, my advice is to build or order a 6 or 7 iron and give it a try first. I will say, the workmanship of the heads seems as good as any OEM out there.

> @CROUSE99 said:

> I hate to crap on all the love for the TS-2, but here goes. I got mine about 3 months ago with the TT Elevate shafts. I just can't get along with them. I had hit the Cally Apex 19's with the same shafts and loved them. I ordered the TS-2's to save some coin. For me, and me only, the irons just don't work. Maybe the shaft isn't a good match with the heads -- don't know. As a sweeper, I find that the TS-2's want to bounce along the ground. I need a sole that cuts into the turf. Oh, and I don't care for the look of the short irons. Too round for my eye (that's purely personal, of course. Others may love the look). I kinda wish I had ordered the TS-1's with a graphite shaft. Anyhow, my advice is to build or order a 6 or 7 iron and give it a try first. I will say, the workmanship of the heads seems as good as any OEM out there.

As you being a sweeper the TS-2 sole is definitely not for you. It's fairly wide and has a 4 way radius. You would more than likely be a guy the MMB-17 would work for. Those dig into the turf like a back hoe.

Even the TS-1s have that 4 way sole but no near as wide sole. They dont dig either. I was playing soaking wet plush turf fairways and I was gliding through the ball. If I had my MMBs I would have been throwing beaver pelts all over the course. Hope you find a head that works better for you.

You do know that Maltby has a return policy... right???

• Like 1

Regarding their return policy, can you actually use the irons on the golf course and, within 45 days return them for credit? I read the return policy and restrictions are as follows:

Restrictions:

All items must be in NEW or UNUSED condition. Golf shafts must be new, unused, uncut and in their original new condition. The GolfWorks will not accept returns on the following:

Custom-built Golf Clubs

Custom assembled adaptors / shafts

Custom prepped or cut shafts

Personalized Golf Balls

15 hcp

For those who are considering a split set I have no idea why I didnt realize this before but the PTM are actually a natural option for a split set. The PTM and the TS-1 at the 6 iron are only .5 degree of difference in loft. The 5 irons are the same loft. Even the COG is the same at .750. I do find the TS-2 to fly lower than the TS-1s. So visual flight and gapping should be better. And it's even a cheaper option. I'm playing tomorrow so I'll do a little oncourse testing

So finally pulled trigger on a set I couldn’t turn down on eBay. Looked liked the perfect shafts and just had to bend a litttle.

Feel - Silly good. Better than P790s and better than I thought they would feel. My last 2 sets were Jpx 850s, Miura cb 501. It’s been 5 years since Miuras but as good as anything I have hit in awhile.

Interaction - Perfect for me even though I am a digger.

Distance - Can’t say Im blow away on distance but I’m ok with that

Forgiveness- phenomenal toe forgiveness not so much up the face.

Traj as Tiger would say - much higher than 850s, exactly what I was looking for.

Gap wedge - absolutely love it. My first matched gap wedge and feels wayyyyy better than a cast vokey.

Workability? - lets all prefect straight before working it. Ha. I’m a 2 and I just want to hit it straight. Though had a great 4 iron out of trees and can slice on demand. 3gljc1iugzd7.png

gxv02jlwwaxv.png

• Like 1

> @ReidThompson said:

> So finally pulled trigger on a set I couldn’t turn down on eBay. Looked liked the perfect shafts and just had to bend a litttle.

>

> Feel - Silly good. Better than P790s and better than I thought they would feel. My last 2 sets were Jpx 850s, Miura cb 501. It’s been 5 years since Miuras but as good as anything I have hit in awhile.

> Interaction - Perfect for me even though I am a digger.

> Distance - Can’t say Im blow away on distance but I’m ok with that

> Forgiveness- phenomenal toe forgiveness not so much up the face.

> Traj as Tiger would say - much higher than 850s, exactly what I was looking for.

> Gap wedge - absolutely love it. My first matched gap wedge and feels wayyyyy better than a cast vokey.

> Workability? - lets all prefect straight before working it. Ha. I’m a 2 and I just want to hit it straight. Though had a great 4 iron out of trees and can slice on demand. 3gljc1iugzd7.png

> gxv02jlwwaxv.png

>

>

Welcome to the club!!

So with the end of the season just around the corner I've finished with my tinkering with the setup. I did quite a bit of oncourse testing with the TS-2 and the PTM at the top of the bag. PTM is a great iron and I cant knock what it did in play. I just like how the TS-2 react out of the turf better. From a tee.. I like the PTM better. Looking down at the PTM to me is just a weird view. Cant put my finger on why.

Though the PTM matches up really well loft wise I cant pass up what the TS-2 offers in feel and performance. Even though the lofting isnt optimal from the TS-1 to the TS-2 I have not seen in play a big gap. I can easily take a little draw and squeeze out some easy distance or give a soft cut and take some off.

Actually speaking of a draw I have been hitting these beautiful sweeping draws with the TS-2s that are quite addictive. I find myself hitting them for no reason in play. So for the rest of the year and into the sim season they bag will be. TS-1 G-8 TS-2 5-7. The only tinkering will be with the Paderson TS series iron shaft in a TS-2 6 iron head. I really love the DG 105 S300 shafts but I have to see what a graphite shaft will do in these heads. The simulator will be up and running full time later this month so it's time for some number crunching. I expect them to be longer and to possibly spin more. Dispersion difference is an unknown. Flightscope should tell a good story.

Popeye its been fun reading your Maltby adventures this season. Thank you for sharing. They really knocked it out of the park this year with all their offerings. I've bagged the TS2 5-PW since the end of 2018 and they have served me well. I've dropped 3 on my handicap this year. I think for 2020, I'm going to play something similar to you. TS2 5-6 and TS1 7-PW with PX 6.0. BTW if you haven't tried the new FDI hybrid/irons, they are awesome. The 3H w/ ATX Blue 85 has been the best club in my bag since I put it together. Hitting Par 5s in 2 has become common place and it is fantastic off the tee on short par 4s.

2024 Bag

Cobra KING LTDx (9*) - MCA Tensei RAW White 6S

Cobra Radspeed 3W (13*) - MCA Kai'li White 7S

TM Stealth Plus 5W (19*) - Project X Hzrdus RDX Red 75S 

Cobra KING Tour MIM (4-G) - KBS C-Taper 120S

Sub 70 JB Forged FF (54,60L) - KBS S-Taper 120S

Odyssey White Hot Versa 7S

> @"ajgoodal.704" said:

> Popeye its been fun reading your Maltby adventures this season. Thank you for sharing. They really knocked it out of the park this year with all their offerings. I've bagged the TS2 5-PW since the end of 2018 and they have served me well. I've dropped 3 on my handicap this year. I think for 2020, I'm going to play something similar to you. TS2 5-6 and TS1 7-PW with PX 6.0. BTW if you haven't tried the new FDI hybrid/irons, they are awesome. The 3H w/ ATX Blue 85 has been the best club in my bag since I put it together. Hitting Par 5s in 2 has become common place and it is fantastic off the tee on short par 4s.

It has been a fat year for the quality gear that Malby has put out. I have had a lot of fun mixing and matching the gear all year long.

The FDI found the bag soon after they were available. I had the HDI for quite a while and wasnt in love with the feel. The FDI was the perfect upgrade to an already solid head. Anyone who has hit one has ordered one to be built.

The greatest surprise of the season is how the ISO-T has progressed as I have tinkered with shafts and weights. Like many with the ISO-T at first I wasnt sure what I had. But learning the driver and experimenting has launched a beast. The 9.5 head I have now with an Xcaliber Superlite55 is flat out stupid long. I had been hitting areas on my home course I havent seen in a decade. In a few weeks when I can dedicate some simulator time I'll make a tread and show the numbers. But what is has been a low spin missile.

Full bag as it stands now.

ISO-T 9.5 with 4 gram weight and Xcaliber Superlite55 S

Ke4 Tour TC 16° Paderson Kinettix S

FDI KE4 3 Xcaliber 85g Tour X S

TS-2 5,-7 DG Tour 105 S300

TS-1 8-GW DG Tour 105 S300

Battle between the 7 irons on which stays in bag.

M Series + 58 and 54 midsole

Moment XI Tour putter

Thia is the first all Malby bag in a long time.

As good as the irons have been what I found with the driver has me giddy for the new season to come as I'm just two rounds in with it.

> @Popeye64 said:

> > @"ajgoodal.704" said:

> > Popeye its been fun reading your Maltby adventures this season. Thank you for sharing. They really knocked it out of the park this year with all their offerings. I've bagged the TS2 5-PW since the end of 2018 and they have served me well. I've dropped 3 on my handicap this year. I think for 2020, I'm going to play something similar to you. TS2 5-6 and TS1 7-PW with PX 6.0. BTW if you haven't tried the new FDI hybrid/irons, they are awesome. The 3H w/ ATX Blue 85 has been the best club in my bag since I put it together. Hitting Par 5s in 2 has become common place and it is fantastic off the tee on short par 4s.

>

> It has been a fat year for the quality gear that Malby has put out. I have had a lot of fun mixing and matching the gear all year long.

> The FDI found the bag soon after they were available. I had the HDI for quite a while and wasnt in love with the feel. The FDI was the perfect upgrade to an already solid head. Anyone who has hit one has ordered one to be built.

> The greatest surprise of the season is how the ISO-T has progressed as I have tinkered with shafts and weights. Like many with the ISO-T at first I wasnt sure what I had. But learning the driver and experimenting has launched a beast. The 9.5 head I have now with an Xcaliber Superlite55 is flat out stupid long. I had been hitting areas on my home course I havent seen in a decade. In a few weeks when I can dedicate some simulator time I'll make a tread and show the numbers. But what is has been a low spin missile.

>

> Full bag as it stands now.

> ISO-T 9.5 with 4 gram weight and Xcaliber Superlite55 S

> Ke4 Tour TC 16° Paderson Kinettix S

> FDI KE4 3 Xcaliber 85g Tour X S

> TS-2 5,-7 DG Tour 105 S300

> TS-1 8-GW DG Tour 105 S300

> Battle between the 7 irons on which stays in bag.

> M Series + 58 and 54 midsole

> Moment XI Tour putter

>

> Thia is the first all Malby bag in a long time.

> As good as the irons have been what I found with the driver has me giddy for the new season to come as I'm just two rounds in with it.

What did you do to combat the sound on the iso-T? Hot melt? Cotton balls?

> @Popeye64 said:

> > @"ajgoodal.704" said:

> > Popeye its been fun reading your Maltby adventures this season. Thank you for sharing. They really knocked it out of the park this year with all their offerings. I've bagged the TS2 5-PW since the end of 2018 and they have served me well. I've dropped 3 on my handicap this year. I think for 2020, I'm going to play something similar to you. TS2 5-6 and TS1 7-PW with PX 6.0. BTW if you haven't tried the new FDI hybrid/irons, they are awesome. The 3H w/ ATX Blue 85 has been the best club in my bag since I put it together. Hitting Par 5s in 2 has become common place and it is fantastic off the tee on short par 4s.

>

> It has been a fat year for the quality gear that Malby has put out. I have had a lot of fun mixing and matching the gear all year long.

> The FDI found the bag soon after they were available. I had the HDI for quite a while and wasnt in love with the feel. The FDI was the perfect upgrade to an already solid head. Anyone who has hit one has ordered one to be built.

> The greatest surprise of the season is how the ISO-T has progressed as I have tinkered with shafts and weights. Like many with the ISO-T at first I wasnt sure what I had. But learning the driver and experimenting has launched a beast. The 9.5 head I have now with an Xcaliber Superlite55 is flat out stupid long. I had been hitting areas on my home course I havent seen in a decade. In a few weeks when I can dedicate some simulator time I'll make a tread and show the numbers. But what is has been a low spin missile.

>

> Full bag as it stands now.

> ISO-T 9.5 with 4 gram weight and Xcaliber Superlite55 S

> Ke4 Tour TC 16° Paderson Kinettix S

> FDI KE4 3 Xcaliber 85g Tour X S

> TS-2 5,-7 DG Tour 105 S300

> TS-1 8-GW DG Tour 105 S300

> Battle between the 7 irons on which stays in bag.

> M Series + 58 and 54 midsole

> Moment XI Tour putter

>

> Thia is the first all Malby bag in a long time.

> As good as the irons have been what I found with the driver has me giddy for the new season to come as I'm just two rounds in with it.

That's a sweet bag. I've considered building the Tour TC FW, but have been hitting my Flash SZ really well. I just added the Moment XI putter last week and am still adjusting to it. I love the alignment aid, that has definitely been helpful inside 10 feet. Once I get my speeds down, it will be a winner. My bag for 2020 is looking like:

TM M3 9.5*, Diamana B 60X

Cally Epic Flash SZ 14*, Tensei Blue AV 75X

FDI KE4 3H, ATX Blue 85X

TS2 5 & 6, PX or AMT Tour White

TS1 7-PW, PX or AMT Tour White

M Series + 52 Tour Sole and 58 Mid Sole, Modus 125 Wedge

Moment XI Tour Putter

2024 Bag

Cobra KING LTDx (9*) - MCA Tensei RAW White 6S

Cobra Radspeed 3W (13*) - MCA Kai'li White 7S

TM Stealth Plus 5W (19*) - Project X Hzrdus RDX Red 75S 

Cobra KING Tour MIM (4-G) - KBS C-Taper 120S

Sub 70 JB Forged FF (54,60L) - KBS S-Taper 120S

Odyssey White Hot Versa 7S

> @"ajgoodal.704" said:

> > @Popeye64 said:

> > > @"ajgoodal.704" said:

> > > Popeye its been fun reading your Maltby adventures this season. Thank you for sharing. They really knocked it out of the park this year with all their offerings. I've bagged the TS2 5-PW since the end of 2018 and they have served me well. I've dropped 3 on my handicap this year. I think for 2020, I'm going to play something similar to you. TS2 5-6 and TS1 7-PW with PX 6.0. BTW if you haven't tried the new FDI hybrid/irons, they are awesome. The 3H w/ ATX Blue 85 has been the best club in my bag since I put it together. Hitting Par 5s in 2 has become common place and it is fantastic off the tee on short par 4s.

> >

> > It has been a fat year for the quality gear that Malby has put out. I have had a lot of fun mixing and matching the gear all year long.

> > The FDI found the bag soon after they were available. I had the HDI for quite a while and wasnt in love with the feel. The FDI was the perfect upgrade to an already solid head. Anyone who has hit one has ordered one to be built.

> > The greatest surprise of the season is how the ISO-T has progressed as I have tinkered with shafts and weights. Like many with the ISO-T at first I wasnt sure what I had. But learning the driver and experimenting has launched a beast. The 9.5 head I have now with an Xcaliber Superlite55 is flat out stupid long. I had been hitting areas on my home course I havent seen in a decade. In a few weeks when I can dedicate some simulator time I'll make a tread and show the numbers. But what is has been a low spin missile.

> >

> > Full bag as it stands now.

> > ISO-T 9.5 with 4 gram weight and Xcaliber Superlite55 S

> > Ke4 Tour TC 16° Paderson Kinettix S

> > FDI KE4 3 Xcaliber 85g Tour X S

> > TS-2 5,-7 DG Tour 105 S300

> > TS-1 8-GW DG Tour 105 S300

> > Battle between the 7 irons on which stays in bag.

> > M Series + 58 and 54 midsole

> > Moment XI Tour putter

> >

> > Thia is the first all Malby bag in a long time.

> > As good as the irons have been what I found with the driver has me giddy for the new season to come as I'm just two rounds in with it.

>

> That's a sweet bag. I've considered building the Tour TC FW, but have been hitting my Flash SZ really well. I just added the Moment XI putter last week and am still adjusting to it. I love the alignment aid, that has definitely been helpful inside 10 feet. Once I get my speeds down, it will be a winner. My bag for 2020 is looking like:

>

> TM M3 9.5*, Diamana B 60X

> Cally Epic Flash SZ 14*, Tensei Blue AV 75X

> FDI KE4 3H, ATX Blue 85X

> TS2 5 & 6, PX or AMT Tour White

> TS1 7-PW, PX or AMT Tour White

> M Series + 52 Tour Sole and 58 Mid Sole, Modus 125 Wedge

> Moment XI Tour Putter

Nice bag.. be patient with that XI. I went from a blade style to that and after the learning curve putting became my strongest aspect of my game. That's was a huge deficiency in my game. The other day I brought out the Puretrac Blade for someone to roll. I rolled it a few times myself and I just shook my head and wondered how I didnt switch to a high MOI putter before.

> @Colej said:

> > @Popeye64 said:

> > > @"ajgoodal.704" said:

> > > Popeye its been fun reading your Maltby adventures this season. Thank you for sharing. They really knocked it out of the park this year with all their offerings. I've bagged the TS2 5-PW since the end of 2018 and they have served me well. I've dropped 3 on my handicap this year. I think for 2020, I'm going to play something similar to you. TS2 5-6 and TS1 7-PW with PX 6.0. BTW if you haven't tried the new FDI hybrid/irons, they are awesome. The 3H w/ ATX Blue 85 has been the best club in my bag since I put it together. Hitting Par 5s in 2 has become common place and it is fantastic off the tee on short par 4s.

> >

> > It has been a fat year for the quality gear that Malby has put out. I have had a lot of fun mixing and matching the gear all year long.

> > The FDI found the bag soon after they were available. I had the HDI for quite a while and wasnt in love with the feel. The FDI was the perfect upgrade to an already solid head. Anyone who has hit one has ordered one to be built.

> > The greatest surprise of the season is how the ISO-T has progressed as I have tinkered with shafts and weights. Like many with the ISO-T at first I wasnt sure what I had. But learning the driver and experimenting has launched a beast. The 9.5 head I have now with an Xcaliber Superlite55 is flat out stupid long. I had been hitting areas on my home course I havent seen in a decade. In a few weeks when I can dedicate some simulator time I'll make a tread and show the numbers. But what is has been a low spin missile.

> >

> > Full bag as it stands now.

> > ISO-T 9.5 with 4 gram weight and Xcaliber Superlite55 S

> > Ke4 Tour TC 16° Paderson Kinettix S

> > FDI KE4 3 Xcaliber 85g Tour X S

> > TS-2 5,-7 DG Tour 105 S300

> > TS-1 8-GW DG Tour 105 S300

> > Battle between the 7 irons on which stays in bag.

> > M Series + 58 and 54 midsole

> > Moment XI Tour putter

> >

> > Thia is the first all Malby bag in a long time.

> > As good as the irons have been what I found with the driver has me giddy for the new season to come as I'm just two rounds in with it.

>

>

> What did you do to combat the sound on the iso-T? Hot melt? Cotton balls?

>

After hitting composites for a few years my first swing of the ISO-T was like wow.. that's loud. But after gaming it for a while I actually enjoy how it sounds. Playing partners have commented on how it sounds like I crushed it.

So I'm not sure if its loud in general or just louder than what we have become used to. Either way the oncourse performance has it so I wouldnt care what it sounded like.

I have found that the 10.5 with a Paderson shaft has a different pitch in sound. If it's nice out when I get home I'll do some video.