Indy Women in Tech Championship Aug 16-19

Argonne69

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sung Hyun will sleep better knowing that her costly double bogie on 16 yesterday didn't matter. A few missed opportunities today, but she hung close, and sealed the win with another fine performance in a playoff.

I have a feeling Sung Hyun and Ariya are going to be battling it out for the #1 ranking for quite some time. I think Ariya is going to regain it over the long haul due to her Sunday scoring, but Sung Hyun is definitely learning to close out tournaments.

Gotta feel for Lizette. However, -2 just isn't going to get it done when players are firing 4, 5, and 6 under rounds. Her iron play was more than solid, but her putter let her down in the end.

How many times has Johnny Miller siad that a player generally misses right on a pressure putt? We saw that with both Lizette's and Sung Hyun's birdie tries on 18 in regulation.

Amy has the game to win on a regular basis. Like Lizette, though, she needs to learn to go low on Sunday.

Solid weeks by Jin Young and Danielle. Great ballstriking, but luke warm putters.

What a charge by Brooke. Have we seen this before? Yeah, whenever she's out of contention. She plays like magic when there's little pressure.

Nice weeks for Mina, Angel, Jenny, and Bronte..

I was really surprised by Lexi's play today. She seemed to come out firing yesterday, and I expected more of the same.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Tom Abbott is now calling the #4 player in the world "S.H. Park". That guy is such a butt-plug. He had me fooled for a while, his accent made me think he was smarter and more knowledgeable than he evidently is. I suspect he has now realized that he's been saying the name wrong this whole time, but rather than capitulate to the correct pronunciation, he dug in his heels and came up with a creative workaround. It takes a real man to admit when one is wrong I guess.

What frosts me the most is that Sung Hyun states her name quite clearly in the player introductions. Fun vs. Cool. It's not that difficult really.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

I was also really surprised after Park drew her number on the playoff tee....and Lizette asked if the sequence of playoff holes would be "aggregate" or sudden death.

I would think a player who's been on tour for several seasons, would know that any regular tour event is always sudden death

Likewise. In fact, it's one of the most laughable moments I've seen in years, on any tour.

It was like Lizette was trying to verify that she was still mentally choking, after the physical choke.

I was desperately rooting for Lizette as a USC alum but I can't say I was surprised by that miss. Whenever I see a putter head aimed too far right in a tense situation you can almost guarantee it's either going to miss right or barely sneak in the right edge. The Johnny Miller quote is deadly accurate. Heck, I choke the same way on (occasional) eagle putts even while playing by myself. There are two short par 5s on a course I play frequently. I putt lefty so my left miss is equivalent to a righty erring right.

There was no chance that putt broke that much. I have no idea where Lizette was aiming. The winner had a somewhat similar line on the playoff hole and played it barely right on a putt of more than twice the length.

Bottom line a player of that caliber needs margin for error. You have to maintain the lead. The tee shot out of nowhere on 17 completely shifted the odds.

I was also really surprised after Park drew her number on the playoff tee....and Lizette asked if the sequence of playoff holes would be "aggregate" or sudden death.

I would think a player who's been on tour for several seasons, would know that any regular tour event is always sudden death

Likewise. In fact, it's one of the most laughable moments I've seen in years, on any tour.

It was like Lizette was trying to verify that she was still mentally choking, after the physical choke.

I didn't like all the chatter and back and forth with her caddy on the last couple holes. Too much doubting and "passiveness" going on.

Her caddy, after being asked, was firm that driver was the "right play" on the 18th hole. She pauses for a while, says she doesn't like it,....would rather be 60 yards in than 30,....then blocks 3 wood into the rough and has 90 yards. The doubt and break up of the flow and rhythm there, was not a good sign.

If she knows what she wants to do on a hole, then pull the club and do it. Don't sit there and chat with your caddy and ask questions about a straight forward hole

Lizette's nervousness was really obvious in the last 2 holes and in the play-off hole..

that's what happens to golfers who do not have enough "winning" experience..

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

This is a little mesh of two topics on here, but part of the LPGA problem (in the U.S. anyway) is having Sung Hyun Park as your face of the franchise. It's just my opinion, but her ball striking skills can only be matched by the lack of excitement in watching her go through the motions.

This is only her second year and she is still real careful not to show her english until it is good enough. Im sure when she is speaking the language people will understand and relate to her better. Jennifer Song is teaching her and she also taught Na Yeon.

In Korea she is a huge star with a big selling apparel brand. She had to be convinced to even join the lpga because she didnt think she was good enough. Now she is number 1 with no coach that makes her very different.

This is a little mesh of two topics on here, but part of the LPGA problem (in the U.S. anyway) is having Sung Hyun Park as your face of the franchise. It's just my opinion, but her ball striking skills can only be matched by the lack of excitement in watching her go through the motions.

This is only her second year and she is still real careful not to show her english until it is good enough. Im sure when she is speaking the language people will understand and relate to her better. Jennifer Song is teaching her and she also taught Na Yeon.

In Korea she is a huge star with a big selling apparel brand. She had to be convinced to even join the lpga because she didnt think she was good enough. Now she is number 1 with no coach that makes her very different.

I'm sure you're right. I do think it's possible, as So Yeon is embraced, and many Koreans who speak English such as Lydia, Minjee etc. Very similar to Hideki on the PGA Tour. I admire his skill, but have 0 interest in him performing well. Not rooting against, just basic indifference.

Yes, excellent win by Sung Hyun, love watching her finish it off. Salas gave herself the chance, can't miss that putt on the 72nd, was all nerves, never closed the toe.

My 4 favorite players all I top 7 of CME.

SH Park

SoYeon

Brooke

JY Ko

All finished pretty sold this past weekend.

LPGA is awesome.....

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

I am a fan of Sung Hyoon "SH" Park, but she is still such a mystery. Yet beneath the mask there seem to be signs of significant growth. I think she is becoming more confident as a player, and also more comfortable in the spotlight of the winner's circle, even in strange places like Illinois and Indiana. I could be imagining this but her caddie seems to be earning some real trust from her. That flop shot from the hazard at the Women's PGA might have been a pivotal moment in their relationship. He came through in a very tense situation.

Remember this is a player who won 9x in one season of the KLPGA, which most people regard as a highly competitive arena. I suspect she is capable of similar feats over here.

Sung Hyun still needs to learn to play in windy conditions. It seems she doesn't have a knockdown shot in her arsenal. Of course, she's not the only player that struggles in the wind. Otherwise, her game is firing on all cylinders.