2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

> @TheCityGame said:

> > @FAbb said:

> > I'm going regulation ball golfing with City this afternoon, at Waverly Woods. Very excited to get out of the office for some fresh spring air.

>

> I kind of feel grindy today. I'm hitting the ball too well lately for the scoring I've been doing. Recent 72 and everything else has been trash.

Nice. Me too. I'm not speeding around, half-as$ing it out there this afternoon. I feel like I'm on the brink of some good golf.

Why would anyone with the kind of money Tiger has (and a lot of them have a lot less) want to put themselves in a situation where they own a business that carries the possible liability issues that arise from serving alcohol?

Yeah yeah can't pierce the corporate veil, he's got insurance, yeah I get it. That's not going to protect Tiger from settling this case out of court and paying off the family to make it go away.

> @HighBoomingDraws said:

> I read on twitter that the bookies were having a hard time with the line and volume associated with handling all the tiger bets for bethpage. maybe this is the vegas sports betting complex planting a story

usually I look at the favorites for these things and think "sucker bets", but if I was still a gambling man, I kind of love BK at 10-1. Sometimes the faves seem to be more like 7-1, 8-1.

I'm kind of thinking his odds (as well as DJ and Rory's) look a little more attractive than usual because they're trying to get action off Tiger.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @TheCityGame said:

> > @HighBoomingDraws said:

> > I read on twitter that the bookies were having a hard time with the line and volume associated with handling all the tiger bets for bethpage. maybe this is the vegas sports betting complex planting a story

>

> usually I look at the favorites for these things and think "sucker bets", but if I was still a gambling man, I kind of love BK at 10-1. Sometimes the faves seem to be more like 7-1, 8-1.

>

> I'm kind of thinking his odds (as well as DJ and Rory's) look a little more attractive than usual because they're trying to get action off Tiger.

Check my ticket for the PGA

Brodie Smith plays bethpage Black with a "foot in the rough" on every hole with Hive One Hit Wonder PJ Koenig.

Brodie is. . .difficult. . .to take.

This is part 1 of about 2+ hours of golf.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

HBD - personal experience - black out the serial # at the top and bottom of the ticket before you post it. Had a cashier at the Bellagio tell me that if you came in and claimed you lost the ticket but you had a pic with the serial number and date that you bought it, they could theoretically cash it for you even without the ticket - assuming it hadnt been cashed yet.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

> @TheCityGame said:

> > @HighBoomingDraws said:

> > I read on twitter that the bookies were having a hard time with the line and volume associated with handling all the tiger bets for bethpage. maybe this is the vegas sports betting complex planting a story

>

> usually I look at the favorites for these things and think "sucker bets", but if I was still a gambling man, I kind of love BK at 10-1. Sometimes the faves seem to be more like 7-1, 8-1.

>

> I'm kind of thinking his odds (as well as DJ and Rory's) look a little more attractive than usual because they're trying to get action off Tiger.

Completely agree. I think they are propping up the guys right underneath him to maybe make them look a little more attractive. I saw Brooks as high as 15-1 before last week, I think I saw 12-1 last night. If I am going to bet on say 8 guys for an event, I'll only take 1 or 2 at less than 15-1. But BK at 12-1 is pretty tempting.

> @baddomes said:

> Why would anyone with the kind of money Tiger has (and a lot of them have a lot less) want to put themselves in a situation where they own a business that carries the possible liability issues that arise from serving alcohol?

Ego.

I'll tell you who this situation is a bad look for - the parents.

• Like 1

> @TheCityGame said:

> Brodie Smith plays bethpage Black with a "foot in the rough" on every hole with Hive One Hit Wonder PJ Koenig.

>

> Brodie is. . .difficult. . .to take.

I wanted to watch, just to get a good hole-by-hole sense of the course. But I could not take the circle-jerking, and Brodie yelling about everything.

Anybody looking for a game this Friday morning anywhere in Montgomery County? I am new to the area, 6.5 handicap looking for some decent golfers to join on the course. I called Needwood last week and asked to be paired with some good players and ended up out on the course with three 85 year olds. Nothing against them, real nice guys, but I can't take another round like that. Let me know if you're interested, thanks.

Played Worthington Manor today. I was a little disappointed in the conditions. The greens still haven't come all the way back from the aeration almost a month ago. The traps were also a mess. Even after rebuilding a lot of them the last couple of years, they still do not drain well and the course had done no prep work on them this year. I played a Clint Eastwood round today. Some good, some bad, and some ugly. (For you younger guys, The Good, Bad, and Ugly is a classic Clint "Spaghetti Western")

• Like 1

> @aiyyer said:

> Best couple of days. Played Whistling Straits yesterday and Blackwolf Run today. Highlight was drawing the ball over the water on the 9th for a 260 carry to drive the green.

> Eagles’s gotta start planning a group trip here

Man this looks awesome, brings back some good memories. Looks like the weather was good?

> @gsrjc said:

> Possible T storms Saturday afternoon. We can never get a break with this stupid weather.

Where are you at? There is no rain in the 10 day right now down here - knock on wood. Have my parents in town this weekend and lots of outdoor stuff in the near future.

Tried to get out and get a couple hours of practice in last night, still cant bang the D without aggrevating this muscle pull. Everything else is fine, its the weirdest thing. Shutting it down until next Tuesday, no golf at all and see if that helps at all. Mens league match on Tuesday I can muddle through and then my two man bracket match on Wednesday. Five or six days of rest and then use Tuesday as a warm up match.

Diversity at the top of the leaderboard. . .I've been planning on playing Brooks at Bethpage since the day I joined this pool. I love him there.

umhldb9pvpla.jpg

We've got a Tiger from someone. I'm NOT loving him. I think Bethpage. . .the walk and the rough is not going to be kind to him this weekend. I was saving that "analysis" until picks were in. I thought we'd get more Tigers.

There's a Rickie and a Xander. I don't hate either of those, but I just don't think Rickie has much of a shot at actually winning and you want winners in the majors. Not high finishers. Xander, I could see.

There's a Reed from one guy.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I was going to go Kuchar this week but ended up flip flopping to Paul Casey. Wanted something a bit outside the norm. Have not seen a breakdown of our picks yet but I assume they will look similar.

I agree with your Tiger reasons, its a long slog for him at this point.

> @aiyyer said:

> Eagles’s gotta start planning a group trip here

>

Domes and Hoop are out there this weekend.

PQ is from there. He's put together a couple itineraries to think-out a trip, and if you really want to play and stay for a few days, it seems like you're getting up in the $2500-$3,000 range when you include air fare and everything. (those of you who have done it can adjust that estimate. I'm just saying if you wanted to do Erin Hills, Whistling Straits, etc.) You're also missing half-days all over the place to travel around.

[This package is 2 nights, 3-18's and during "prime" season, it's $1500](https://www.americanclubresort.com/packages/golf-kohler "This package is 2 nights, 3-18's and during "prime" season, it's $1500"). But, you need to toss in caddie tips at least twice, one more night of lodging (maybe), and flights, and all of a sudden you're over $2000 for 3 rounds of golf. (free replays if available on the "off courses")

• Like 1

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

picking this week was a giant crap shoot. DJ and Rory are, IMO, significantly more likely to win than anyone else. I did a ton of statistical research and found that a bunch of guys were indistinguishable after that. Rose does top-10s way more frequently than Brooks but mostly i used non-rationale reasons to make my selections. Such as I don't think Brooks is going to win. I also really liked that i expected to be the only rose pick.

City's response is along the lines of what I was thinking. Planning a trip to PH is one thing. Planning a trip that involves significant travel costs is tough for a big group, especially in a place like WS where there might be a wide variety of costs / options. My recommendation would be find one guy you really want to go with, plan the trip to exactly what you two want to do - and then invite other people if you want. Makes it much easier than throwing it open to a big group.

I think it could be done cheaper than I did it last time. I thought the American Club was highly overrated but the package we got included all the golf so once you added up greens fees and caddy fees - it was a wash with doing an AirBNB or something along those lines.