2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Aldila 2019 ATX Tour Prototype Graphene Line shafts....Info, Photos, + Trackman Data

TollBros

I got out on the course today since the weather won't be permitting any decent weather rounds for at least another 2 weeks. Here are couple pics from today. 48* with 12-15mph winds and soft conditions with 1.5"-2" of rain over night.

A little about my game and my swing..I usually play anywhere between a 0 and +2.5. I simply don't get enough rounds in consistently throughout the year to keep a continuously accurate HC. Shafts I prefer are usually stout, heavy and tipped 1.5-2". Prior shafts I've gamed in the last 2 years have been the KK DC 70tx proto(tipped 2"), synergy black 70tx (tipped 1.75"), Diamana DF 70tx (tipped 1.75"). Stock on-course speed is in 126-129 range but can turn it up to 132-133. Ball speed upper 180's to low/mid 190's. Transition I feel is more smooth than quick. I still have aggressive move into the ball but it's more subtle. My speed comes from core strength and power.

I went with the green proto 70tx, tipped 1.5". I currently have a g400max that I'm in the process of getting dialed in. 9.1* digitally lofted, 7 grams of melt front and to the toe and removed rear weight. Club built at 45.25", currently D8 SW.

So far I am liking what I'm seeing with the round today and a few hits indoor on my lunch break this past week but it's extremely early to have a good basis for a review for you guys at this point. I can for sure say spin is in the ballpark of the synergy black but with a slightly lower launch and tighter feel, which I much prefer. I will be booking a trackman session this coming week hopefully and will have some hard data for your guys.

Feel free to ask me any questions you guys have. Cheers.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

Any difference in the launch angle between the 60 and 70 greens? How do I buy?

Titleist Ts4 9.5* Accra TZ6 M5
Ping G400 5w Motore Speeder VC 7.3x
Mizuno HMB 3 Nippon 120x

Mizuno MP20 4-P Nippon 120x
Cleveland Zipcore 52, 56 Ti S400

Cleveland Rtx 4 60-03 Ti S400
Ping Heppler ZB3
ProV1

Builds are just hitting the hands of the buyers this week, and I know Gio and Rosco were going to have more info and data up for you guys soon. Hopefully that helps. I keep getting a ton of DM's asking for more reviews and info and talking to some of our customers, I can assure you guys, they are on the way very soon.

I'm not much of a poster, but after testing out the Tour Green this weekend I felt compelled to leave a review. As a pre cursor, I'm a mid 120's SS player that usually hits a high draw. However, my hook miss can get me in trouble. I played the Synergy 70TX most of the year and had good success until it broke at the hosel. Had previously used a KK DC XT 70TX, and have used it since the synergy broke. Although I was only able to get a range session in with the tour green, I was beyond impressed with the results. I'm usually not able to notice the slightest details in a shaft like Toll and some of the other guys on here, but I instantly noticed the "tight" feeling of the tour green. Similar to the Synergy, but the feeling just seemed so "straight-line," if that makes any sense at all. I loved the synergy, but at times I could still lose it left if my transition got too aggressive, and even more so with the KK. The tour green was the most anti-left shaft I've ever felt, which was exactly what I was looking for. The dispersion was fantastic. If i did draw it, it was maybe a 5 yard draw, almost unnoticeable. My miss was a slight push that went dead straight, which is a much better suited miss for my game. Launch was high, and pretty similar to that of the Synergy and the KK, however, the spin was noticeably lower than the KK. Absolute missiles that just refused to go anywhere but dead straight. Take it for what it's worth, as I don't have any trackman numbers to compare, but it didn't take long for me to realize that this shaft is the real deal. Thanks to Toll for getting me taken care of.

Just wanted to give a little update and some excitement. I got out on the course over the weekend to do a little test with the Tour Green, Pro Orange and Diamana DF. Tour Green was winner for me on course, hands down. Extremely stable and predictable. Wherever you start your ball, it just wants to stay on that line BUT is workable both ways. I had no problem working the ball left or right but I never lost or over curved anything. I think someone said it was like bumpers down a bowling alley and that is absolutely how I would describe it as well.

Other excitement - Seeing as though I couldn't get my current head dialed in, and through some contacts with PING, the tour department is sending me a 7* g400max tour head this week.

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Piretti Savona 

Just wanted to give a little update and some excitement. I got out on the course over the weekend to do a little test with the Tour Green, Pro Orange and Diamana DF. Tour Green was winner for me on course, hands down. Extremely stable and predictable. Wherever you start your ball, it just wants to stay on that line BUT is workable both ways. I had no problem working the ball left or right but I never lost or over curved anything. I think someone said it was like bumpers down a bowling alley and that is absolutely how I would describe it as well.

Other excitement - Seeing as though I couldn't get my current head dialed in, and through some contacts with PING, the tour department is sending me a 7* g400max tour head this week.

Happy to hear that it's an improvement. Also happy to hear you got a Finau head on the way. It should be a great combo.

Happy to hear that it's an improvement. Also happy to hear you got a Finau head on the way. It should be a great combo.

I’m extremely excited to see what it can do. 2.2* less loft than the current one I have. 4G lighter overall with 7g of melt AND a heavier 10g back weight. Maybe I can get back up to your ballspeed numbers!

Piretti Savona 

I’m extremely excited to see what it can do. 2.2* less loft than the current one I have. 4G lighter overall with 7g of melt AND a heavier 10g back weight. Maybe I can get back up to your ballspeed numbers!

Sounds like a winner. We like to always set up our M2 and M4 heads with the heaviest back weight possible, then drop loft to compensate for increased launch. You get max MOI and ball speed and still keep the launch and spin down. 3-4 grams of melt just for sound and feel and go for it.

Sounds like a winner. We like to always set up our M2 and M4 heads with the heaviest back weight possible, then drop loft to compensate for increased launch. You get max MOI and ball speed and still keep the launch and spin down. 3-4 grams of melt just for sound and feel and go for it.

For the set up, when you say less loft, I take that to mean actual loft. Not opening the face up via loft sleeve. Or are you saying both? Just get the loft down as much as you need to add in a heavy back weight?

For the set up, when you say less loft, I take that to mean actual loft. Not opening the face up via loft sleeve. Or are you saying both? Just get the loft down as much as you need to add in a heavy back weight?

Measured face loft. Most players sole the club so I like to refer to loft and face angle as two entirely separate things, because in reality they are. It's why I do and have always only played Tour issue heads. I need to know the exact specs of a club to set it up correctly.

Just an fyi, I will be putting up some data on the ATX Black hybrid as well. It is comparison with Tensei pro blue and white hybrids.

Excellent news.

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

• 2 weeks later...

Just an fyi, I will be putting up some data on the ATX Black hybrid as well. It is comparison with Tensei pro blue and white hybrids.

Excellent news.

I believe this is a hybrid shaft that a LOT of people would like. It's not overly stiff feeling or unmanageable at all. It's also pretty smooth feeling without being a left machine.

Hit the ATX Green 60TX in a TS3 last night, VERY similar feel to the Synergy Black 60TX I'm sporting in one of TollBros-built Tour M4's Nice feeling shaft, for me.

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

So excited! Thanks Toll. Great service.

Load that bad boy up and go hit some bombs!

Hit the ATX Green 60TX in a TS3 last night, VERY similar feel to the Synergy Black 60TX I'm sporting in one of TollBros-built Tour M4's Nice feeling shaft, for me.

It was definitely based on the Synergy tech. I just love a shaft that has some life to it but also spins so little. Modern shaft technology is really impressive.

Looks like Rahm made the switch. He has the green in all the M5/M6 promo videos going around.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA