Mell: Corporations Need to Invest in LPGA Tour

Holy Moses

I'm getting ready to pen an article on college football entitled..."Corporations need to advertise during the Slippery Rock football games."

Why they spend money on Alabama and Notre Dame is just beyond me.

Alabama? Notre Dame? Never heard of her.

Clearly you've never rolled tide with golden domes.

Now I understand what's wrong with you Pelz. These aren't food.

Some-bakery%E2%80%99s-have-taken-advantage-of-the-challenge-to-create-Tide-Pod-themed-pastries-Daily-Nebraskan-900x614.jpg

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The LPGA should look at itself as a franchise, similar to the European Tour. They will go anywhere as long as the money is good. And are happy to joint sanction events. The LPGA needs to realise it is an international tour, not just the USA.....as in where are most of the winners from....And as much as I like Rankin she should retire. The leading players are almost half a century younger than her and play a different game.

Another issue, and I may sound like a dinosaur here, is the lack of sex appeal. The PGA has a lot of female fans....who watch Adam Scott, Koepka, DCB and other handsome men as much for their looks as for their swings. The LPGA has some gorgeous ladies, who are also superb athletes, but the whole tour seems too PC and is afraid of upsetting the feminist brigade. I also think the lack of black players coming through needs addressed. Asian, Central and South America, Japan, Europe...all well represented but apart rom Cheyenne Woods I would need to do an internet search to find another. Money aside is there a hidden agenda at play?

Oh, when you get around to doing your internet search, look for Mariah Stackhouse.

Sadena Parks was out there for a couple of years too. Really wished she'd had more success--another great story.

in any event, that gave the LPGA three African American players in 2016 and 2017--50 percent more than the PGA Tour.

So you suggest what? A race based handicap system? Strokes based on ethnicity? Why stop there? Should the NBA have more Asian and Latino players?

[list]
[*][size=4][b][color=#0000ff]Ping G410 LST, Mitsubishi Tensei Orange Pro [/color][/b][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 wood, Mitsubishi Diamana BF[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 hybrid, Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Pro[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 4 hybrid, Evenflow Black[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][b]Titleist T200 5-9 KBS Tour Flt [/b][/size]
[*][size=4][b][color=#daa520]Callaway MD5 45,49,54,58/[/color]
[*][color=#b22222][b][size=4]TP Mills Trad II Hand Forged [/size][/b][/color]
[/list]

If you think you are deserved your due, then go out and get the money. I know the US grew accustomed to politicians forcing you to buy things you didn't want or be penalized but it's not going to happen here

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

I'm getting ready to pen an article on college football entitled..."Corporations need to advertise during the Slippery Rock football games."

Why they spend money on Alabama and Notre Dame is just beyond me.

Alabama? Notre Dame? Never heard of her.

Clearly you've never rolled tide with golden domes.

Now I understand what's wrong with you Pelz. These aren't food.

Some-bakery%E2%80%99s-have-taken-advantage-of-the-challenge-to-create-Tide-Pod-themed-pastries-Daily-Nebraskan-900x614.jpg

Thinking Mrs. Pelz gave me the one on the right and her Mother the Ghost of Thanksgiving Present the tasty one on the left. Last time I play the "close your eyes and taste this" game with her.

So you suggest what? A race based handicap system? Strokes based on ethnicity? Why stop there? Should the NBA have more Asian and Latino players?

I think all the poster was saying was that new segments of the population could be reached of there were a more diverse repesentation of US players. No one is suggesting or asking for any of the things you said. What would be wrong if there were more Latino and Asian players? Sure, they should get their on merit but is creating more opportunies for diverse people inherently a bad thing?

I think it's a bit of a balancing act. Again next year there will be an event with a purse justover a million dollars all the way up to at least 2 events with over 5 million.

Without having an agenda, I do wonder how HSBC, BMW, ISPS Handa, Barbasol(same parent company of PureSilk) reason sponsoring events for men and women and having such differing purses. If they say, media coverage, investment etc. fine, so be it. I wonder if the LPGA asks these questions.

If I were a company I wouldnt sponsor 2 events and have such disparity between 2 events. What I might do is play the women at longer lengths so people can realize they're better than what many think.

Think about it, HSBC sponsors the WGC in Shanghai with a 2 million dollsr purse. Yet the women get under 2 million for the event in Singapore.

I think all the poster was saying was that new segments of the population could be reached of there were a more diverse repesentation of US players. No one is suggesting or asking for any of the things you said. What would be wrong if there were more Latino and Asian players? Sure, they should get their on merit but is creating more opportunies for diverse people inherently a bad thing?

Quotas, affirmative action or whatever one wants to call it is dicrimination in disguise. The first tee is a great program that promotes the diversity here in the states. It’s a matter of whether they want to pursue a future in golf as they get older, no diffferemt really than lack of minority youth in baseball and soccer. Look at college golf on the female side. How many teams have international players to fill out their rosters because of the lack of US women golfers.

If one really looks at the lpga they will find plenty of diversity on tour with both Latin players from around the world including Gaby Lopez who won recently. Lizette Salas, Angel Yin, Jennifer Song, Danielle Kang, Alison Lee, Mariah Stackhouse to name a few non Caucasian women on tour. Then there are those who struggle to get on or stay on tour like Sadena Parks, Cheyenne Woods and Shasta Averyhart.