2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Found my grail set of 302's.

Stonewalled

Congrats! Very happy for you ... kinda ... maybe like 90/10 happy/angry. But really, you deserve them. Maybe like 80/20 - SUPER happy for you. Like - a solid 60/40.

At least 20/80.

Really though - that's my grail set as well. Grats!

OG Stealth Graphite Design Ventus Blue TR 60X

Ping 425 Max Hotmelted Tensei Orange 1k

Titleist T100, Project X LS 6.5

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55.13D / SM9 60.08M

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats! Very happy for you ... kinda ... maybe like 90/10 happy/angry. But really, you deserve them. Maybe like 80/20 - SUPER happy for you. Like - a solid 60/40.

At least 20/80.

Really though - that's my grail set as well. Grats!

That's too funny V. I am very stoked to get them, couldn't believe my eyes when I seen them listed.

Pretty sweet witb V. That's a proper set up. Enjoy.

I've never tried the 302's, and the copper's look especially delicious. Great find.

Driver: still looking.....
4 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 17.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW70x @ 42 1/2".

7 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 22.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW80x @ 41 3/4".
Irons: Kamui Pro KP-102 5i-PW + KBS TGI 110 + 1/2".
Wedges: Callaway Jaws Forged 50°/55°/60° + KBS C-Taper
Putter: SeeMore SB1 + Accra FX300.

Finally found a set of these copper 302's, only took 4 years or so.

Lovely.

Congratulations... now i regret even more not ordering a set as backup for my 301's all those years ago. Stupid me :taunt:

I was able to pick these up from a fellow who has had so many sets of clubs he actually forgot he had them. He played them a few times and put them away. You know your an Ultimate Ho when u forget u had a set of copper 302's.

what the.... unbelievable.

*sigh*

ps I'm with MysteryV on this. I really am happy for you. Really.

Just jealous... you utter, utter lucky bar-stard :nyam:

"You must lash out with every limb, like the octopus who plays the drums." p. 134

Finally found a set of these copper 302's, only took 4 years or so.

Lovely.

Congratulations... now i regret even more not ordering a set as backup for my 301's all those years ago. Stupid me :taunt:

I was able to pick these up from a fellow who has had so many sets of clubs he actually forgot he had them. He played them a few times and put them away. You know your an Ultimate Ho when u forget u had a set of copper 302's.

what the.... unbelievable.

*sigh*

ps I'm with MysteryV on this. I really am happy for you. Really.

Just jealous... you utter, utter lucky bar-stard :nyam:

Thanks Coop's. Your 301's have been an inspiration as well, I have oogled them up many times. I'm sure there has to be a few more sets out there.

The original owner was a pleasure to talk to. He has had a ton of equipment, think he had 20 sets of high end irons in a room he hadn't gone in for a few years. He had some copper scratch irons with the faces being copper inserts, pretty rare I imagine. He was into exotic cars for a few years, so clubs were easily forgotten in the pursuit of speed.

I found a couple of sets of irons I knew I had but thought I had sold, this summer. So things can go a miss. I was telling a friend how I got these and was wondering how one could forget about owning a set of these. He replied didn't u just tell me a story about your 1972 Super Cheyenne pickup that u said has been at the body shop for 10 years, and how when someone asked u about it u said I haven't seen or heard from the guy in 5 years so he might as well just keep it. I didn't actually forget about it but had already moved on. The body guy phones me a few weeks ago out of the blue to say hey might have a buyer for your truck if your interested. "What truck" ?? LOL.

Thx Coop, I feel very fortunate, nice to join the copper club. Finally.

Not copper ones, but I just closed a deal to get standard 302s. Can't wait to play them.

let us know when you get to play them beauties.

Excellent purchase, ENJOY. Let us know how u make out with them. The 302's are one of the best CB's of all time some have said. I have yet to hit one but am now an owner of 2 sets, copper's and standard. Kinda figured the copper's were too pretty to play on a full time basis. I can't wait till spring I will do a comparison between the 2.

Congrats I've regretted selling my set of copper 302s as soon as I shipped them. If these ever become available...(well had to put it out there). Enjoy that dream set for all of us.

TY. Kind of sad Epon discontinued the copper finish. I'm not sure how many sets were made, hopefully u can reacquaint yourself with a set very soon. I sure will, thanks again. Hope I don't wake up from this dream, and find I got a set of Copper EPIN knockoffs instead. That wouldn't surprise me, with my luck.

Nice condition on those. You’ll love them. I don’t play mine much but every time I do it’s like hitting the ball with a caramel apple...

Previous owner took well care of them, I am very honoured to have the opportunity to own them. Always Nice to hear from someone who owns a set, I will be thinking about caramel apples till spring. Can't wait to try em. Just wondering if Epon ever released how many sets of these were made?

My very first set of clubs many moons ago were Ping copper beryllium (I think that was the name). Just was in love with the copper look and finish.

Only problem was I couldn't hit them

Wow, impressive first set of clubs, those Ping BC's were very special. I always wanted a set back in the day but had to settle for cast eye 2 copies. Played those for 20 plus years. I have some Ping BC Zing's, love the way they look. Nice to have the 302's and the Zing's. Some manufacturer needs to come up with a copper set again, think they would do well.

Nice condition on those. You’ll love them. I don’t play mine much but every time I do it’s like hitting the ball with a caramel apple...

Previous owner took well care of them, I am very honoured to have the opportunity to own them. Always Nice to hear from someone who owns a set, I will be thinking about caramel apples till spring. Can't wait to try em. Just wondering if Epon ever released how many sets of these were made?

dunno exactly how many sets but i know i have the very last set made. bahahahahha.....

dunno exactly how many sets but i know i have the very last set made. bahahahahha.....

We need to see some pics of these Endangered Species of yours. :) :worth:

How many PM's have you had requesting to buy them from you??

Driver: still looking.....
4 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 17.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW70x @ 42 1/2".

7 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 22.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW80x @ 41 3/4".
Irons: Kamui Pro KP-102 5i-PW + KBS TGI 110 + 1/2".
Wedges: Callaway Jaws Forged 50°/55°/60° + KBS C-Taper
Putter: SeeMore SB1 + Accra FX300.

How many PM's have you had requesting to buy them from you??

Think your 4th on the list. :)

Yeah..,every time I post pics I always get at least 2 inquiries...I would sell them but they spark joy...

I had a few members PMing me to say congrats, and say they also own a set or had some and sold them. Quite interesting to have them tell me how they came about getting a set, then either moved on or kept them close. Kinda cool to be allowed into the copper club. Some of the long time copper guy's have extensive knowledge of who has or had set.

I'm with you on the joy of ownership, such a pretty set of irons. Would love to see some more pictures of the copper 302's. Anyone who has a set please show us your goods. Thx.

Yep those are definitely sexy clubs, I had a few copper sets but I got tired of trying to take care of them.....its stressful owning irons that cannot be fixed or replaced.

* @ jming didn't you shoot your career low round with the Coppers on your first round out with them ?

. From what iv'e seen puresurfr u have had a ton of sweet clubs, always thought geez why didn't I become a pro surfer? :) Iv'e had my share of clubs but these will be hard to beat. I bought a satin set of 302's to play mainly because I hate to damage one of the copper's. Not sure the copper's will leave the house much, 18 holes then back in the office bag. The wife noticed them sitting in the office bag the other day. New club's again I see as she lifts the PW out of it's protective nest a few inches. Then proceeds to drop it back in the bag making a clank as it hit another club. I kinda figured best to act like they were just another old set of clubs and let her be on her way. Once she left I had to inspect the wedge for heavy damage, all good. Survived another purchase.

Yep those are definitely sexy clubs, I had a few copper sets but I got tired of trying to take care of them.....its stressful owning irons that cannot be fixed or replaced.

* @ jming didn't you shoot your career low round with the Coppers on your first round out with them ?

Ya some crazy guy that got paired up with me got me blind drunk and I shoot my lowest round even par !!!

Ya some crazy guy that got paired up with me got me blind drunk and I shoot my lowest round even par !!!

I was there ...haha and doesn't that crazy guy always get drunk ????

Not sure the copper's will leave the house much, 18 holes then back in the office bag.

No, no, no. Use them and love them. They'll be fine.

I just want this thread to go away.

not just yet... haven't you seen what they look like when brand spanky new?

He, he (301's but hey...)

t'other side's not too bad either

"You must lash out with every limb, like the octopus who plays the drums." p. 134

Not sure the copper's will leave the house much, 18 holes then back in the office bag.

No, no, no. Use them and love them. They'll be fine.

I just want this thread to go away.

not just yet... haven't you seen what they look like when brand spanky new?

He, he (301's but hey...)

t'other side's not too bad either

Wow, those pics look fantastic Coop's. Good thinking taking some pics when new. Love the Ferrel's. How have yours held up after a few years of playing them?