JUMBOMAX GRIPS REVIEW

SEP1006

Just wanted to post a quick review of these grips. I have always played some kind of cord mid-size grip and the last few years have been playing the NDMC PLUS 4 Midsize. Here recently I because of a swing change I swapped to the Jumbomax grips. Was unsure what size to get so went with the info on the website, large glove get the medium grips. This was spot on, the grips fit perfectly in my hand and are so comfortable. Don't feel like I have to squeeze the grip to keep the club from flying out of my hands. It is amazingly easy to control the clubface with these.

I read both theory's on the swing weight changes before purchasing as well. Some say it makes a huge difference while others say not so much because the grip is at the hinge-point. Either way I didn't care so I bought them, no regrets at all.

In an interview I saw with Dechambeau he said a very enlightening thing. "In no other sport is the handle of the "tool" so small. Not ping pong, badminton, baseball, softball, tennis, raquetball and so on".

• Thanks 1

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
PUTTER -   LAB MEZZ MAX Blue head w/white Accra

LAB MEZZ MAX Red head w/black Accra
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT XL ON ALL

I purchased one to try recently and really like them but can’t justify the cost for a full set. I’ve been playing oversized grips for past few months on most of my clubs now and I’ll never go back to standard grips. Despite what’s believed by most, it does not change swing/ball path at all (from my experience). It’s just a comfort thing and I feel like I’m not death gripping the club, which has lead to less hand/joint pain for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree they are a little more pricey than other grips but once you change they are well worth it. I am not a "big spender" by any means but one thing about golf. I can always find a way to justify what I buy or do!!!

And this "Despite what’s believed by most, it does not change swing/ball path at all" is definitely a true statement.

• Like 2

My playing partner tried one of these on his driver and, soon after, changed all of his clubs to this grip. Another friend said his playing partner swears by these grips. I'm a fan of the Golf Pride NDMC Midsize for drivers, fairways, and hybrids, so while I'm not ready to try these Jumbomax, they have piqued my interest.

Fast 12LS/Classic Custom XL/King LTD
Super LS/Tisi Tec/F6 Baffler/Egg Spoon/CB1
Halo/4DX
X-20/XL2000/EX-1/GC Mid/TFT2003
ISI W2
X-Forged Vintage/Eye2+
WHT 7H

> @MountainGoat said:

> I didn't like the fact that you can't install them with compressed air; you have to use tape and solvent which is a non-starter for me.

>

I used air with no issues at all. Just mixed up a little joy /water soap solution to get it started and went on with no issues.

> @jamgam said:

> > @MountainGoat said:

> > I didn't like the fact that you can't install them with compressed air; you have to use tape and solvent which is a non-starter for me.

> >

>

> Installed mine with painters tape, a littel water and air. Went on quite easily

OK, I hear you. I was trying to install the super big 124g ones, and I couldn't do it. Maybe I'm a weakling.

> @MountainGoat said:

> > @jamgam said:

> > > @MountainGoat said:

> > > I didn't like the fact that you can't install them with compressed air; you have to use tape and solvent which is a non-starter for me.

> > >

> >

> > Installed mine with painters tape, a littel water and air. Went on quite easily

>

> OK, I hear you. I was trying to install the super big 124g ones, and I couldn't do it. Maybe I'm a weakling.

Don't know what air psi you were using but I had my compressor set at 60 psi.

> @SEP1006 said:

> > @MountainGoat said:

> > > @jamgam said:

> > > > @MountainGoat said:

> > > > I didn't like the fact that you can't install them with compressed air; you have to use tape and solvent which is a non-starter for me.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Installed mine with painters tape, a littel water and air. Went on quite easily

> >

> > OK, I hear you. I was trying to install the super big 124g ones, and I couldn't do it. Maybe I'm a weakling.

>

> Don't know what air psi you were using but I had my compressor set at 60 psi.

Mine's set at 70psi, but no matter. The junction between the nozzle and the grip is never perfect, so I rarely get all the pressure I'm supposed to get. I couldn't use the puregrips coupling device, which has a tighter seal, because the butt end of the grip was way too big.

Sep1006, thank you for the review. I was curious about the swing weight change and am glad to hear it hasn’t been a negative. These grips Have been on my radar for some time. I may have to give a couple a test run.

PXG  9* 0811 X  Hazardous Smoke Yellow 60g Stiff

Wishon 929HS 3W  Wishon Black 65g Stiff

Wishon 929HS 7W  Wishon Black 65g R 

PXG 0211 5i DG 105 Regular

Wishon 575MMC  5 - AW  Wishon Superlight Stiff

Ping Glide 3.0  54*  KBS 610 Stiff shaft

Ping Glide 3.0  60*  Z-115 Wedge shaft

PING Anser 3 Goose Neck Putter   

> @Twin2L said:

> Sep1006, thank you for the review. I was curious about the swing weight change and am glad to hear it hasn’t been a negative. These grips Have been on my radar for some time. I may have to give a couple a test run.

Like I stated in my first post, doesn't matter to me. Since I put these on there have been multiple guys at the club swing them and not one person has mentioned anything about the swing weight feeling off. Two people have actually ordered a set already. I tend to agree with the theory that the swing weight isn't affected that much because the grip is at the hinge-point.

All I know is I like them more and more every time I play. Dechambeau may be one slow a$$ player but he is spot on with this statement:

"In no other sport is the handle of the "tool" so small. Not ping pong, badminton, baseball, softball, tennis, raquetball and so on".

Give them a try, you won't regret it !!!!

• Like 3

I play these with xl on the wedges, medium on irons, and small on woods. XL on wedges to choke down, and my wood shaft diameter stretches a small close to a medium.

I’d recommend MOI matching if you use these instead of chasing swing weights. Test a MOI that works and build woods and irons to their own MOI. Then all clubs will take the same effort to swing and you won’t get caught up in guessing on swing weight.

• Like 1

> @Barfolomew said:

> Tried them but they were very heavy and made club head way too light....

>

> So I play the CP2 Jumbo (blue ones) and love them!!!!!!

>

> Regular sized grips feel like they are for 4 year olds to me and completely suck now lol

I moved from Winn Excels to the CP2 Jumbo when the former was discontinued. Excellent grips and the weight balance isn't thrown off much.

I put a set of jumbomax wraps (solid black grips) in size XL on a set of irons exactly one year ago. I couldn't imagine using a more conventional size grip at this point. With that said I'm a big guy and I've always used jumbo grips, lamkin or Winn Excel.

The extra large jumbomax is easily twice that size, and I benefit because I'm able to hold the club lighter I'm certain. But I'm also now using a single plane swing, Kirk Junges Settup 4 impact, and need to grip the club more in the palm rather than the fingers. In this regard the jumbomax XL grip has been a lifesaver.

I'm getting ready to order another set just to test out on some other irons, ultralight vs tour the question. The ultralight is intriguing and I may give that a go just to see if I can tell a difference in feel between the regular and the ultralight regarding swing weight.

• Like 2

If you go the Ultralight route let us know. I almost ordered those over the ones I did, I am completely happy with mine though.

I just placed an order for a complete set of the UltraLite's in a medium. I've never used JumboMax before, but their return policy (install one, try it out, and if you don't like it, send the complete set back for a full refund sans shipping charges) is too good to pass up. I selected two-day shipping, so I'm hoping to have them by Saturday so I can try them out this weekend.

I'll post a report once I receive them and try them out.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

Looking forward to the review. These are the ones I bought in medium and I love them, never going back to conventional and actually already converted 2 of the guys in my group:

41l24zy7rhju.png

I bought these to put on my speedswing sticks, they are a little slick so we'll see how it goes. I don't wear a glove when I play golf but may have to with these. Hate to send one of the speedsticks through my neighbors window:

vo6mforyve9j.png

> @Philomathesq said:

> I just placed an order for a complete set of the UltraLite's in a medium. I've never used JumboMax before, but their return policy (install one, try it out, and if you don't like it, send the complete set back for a full refund sans shipping charges) is too good to pass up. I selected two-day shipping, so I'm hoping to have them by Saturday so I can try them out this weekend.

>

> I'll post a report once I receive them and try them out.

Ugh... evidently, the shipping methods available from JumboMax do not include Saturday delivery, which means my grips won't be delivered until Monday. I'll get them installed Tuesday and try to take them out Wednesday for a test.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"

These just arrived. They feel great. I have been playing Winn Dri-Tac and these Jumbo's feel nearly identical. I can't wait to get these on my clubs and try them out. I had planned on getting one of these put on my current set so I could try it out today, but I got an email from PXG letting me know my new clubs have been completed and will be delivered Thursday, so I'm going to wait until then to get one of these installed. A report will follow.

e165ain965uc.jpg

Really anxious to here your feedback on these. I love mine for sure.

> @Philomathesq said:

> These just arrived. They feel great. I have been playing Winn Dri-Tac and these Jumbo's feel nearly identical. I can't wait to get these on my clubs and try them out. I had planned on getting one of these put on my current set so I could try it out today, but I got an email from PXG letting me know my new clubs have been completed and will be delivered Thursday, so I'm going to wait until then to get one of these installed. A report will follow.

>

> e165ain965uc.jpg

>

In your opinion, what do these grips “feel” like? Meaning other grips they might resemble.

Driver:  MIZUNO STX-230 (9.5) - Hzrdus Smoke Green RDX 75/6.0

Fwy:  MIZUNO STG-T.I. 3w (14) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (17.5) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hyb: COBRA F7 Hybrid (20.5) - Aldila Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO PRO 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Proto 125 F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow (34.5)
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

> @eddiebigeddie said:

> > @Philomathesq said:

> > These just arrived. They feel great. I have been playing Winn Dri-Tac and these Jumbo's feel nearly identical. I can't wait to get these on my clubs and try them out. I had planned on getting one of these put on my current set so I could try it out today, but I got an email from PXG letting me know my new clubs have been completed and will be delivered Thursday, so I'm going to wait until then to get one of these installed. A report will follow.

> >

> > e165ain965uc.jpg

> >

> In your opinion, what do these grips “feel” like? Meaning other grips they might resemble.

>

They feel just like my current Winn Dri-Tac's. They are very tacky on the surface and I don't anticipate any problems using them in the heat and humidity here in Southeast Texas.

That’s what I like to hear. I play in South Central Ky and humidity is awful for the summer and I tend to wear 2 gloves from time to time to keep from slipping. These sound like a good fit for me. Wondering how well they’ll hold up.

Driver:  MIZUNO STX-230 (9.5) - Hzrdus Smoke Green RDX 75/6.0

Fwy:  MIZUNO STG-T.I. 3w (14) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (17.5) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hyb: COBRA F7 Hybrid (20.5) - Aldila Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO PRO 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Proto 125 F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow (34.5)
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

I'm not a huge fan of oversized grips, but I love the surface texture. I have a set of irons with the smallest grips they offer, standard oversize. No matter how hot and humid it is down here in Texas, the surface never gets slippery. They also aren't hard as a rock in the winter. I like the shape of the MCC Plus 4's a little better, but the overall texture of the JumboMax's are awesome.

*****REVIEW - JumboMax UltraLites*****

So, I finally had the opportunity to hit the range today as well as play a few holes after work today. Overall, **I'm very impressed with these grips (Jumbo Ultralites) and am very happy I purchased them.** Simply put, they just feel better. The clubs feel more secure in my hands and the tackiness of these grips is excellent; they feel just like the Winn DriTac grips I have on my other clubs.

It did take a few swings for me to get acclimated to the larger grips, but once I did, my swing felt easier and smoother despite being at the same speed and tempo. I ordered the medium size and despite being very large (comparatively), they fit without any issues into my 14-way golf bag and were easy to take in and out.

The one issue I did have was with my driver. I typically hit a very straight drive without much, if any, lateral movement. However, with this grip on my driver, I hit a dead pull with every swing. I typically use a stronger than average grip, though I've never had an issue with my old midsize grips. I also didn't change my grip while swinging my irons and I didn't have an issue. I'm going to have to experiment with weakening my grip with my driver to see if that fixes it. I'm sure I just need some more range time to figure out what I need to do to work this issue out.

I highly recommend these grips to anyone, though.

• Like 2