2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

COBRA L4V - The BOMB!!!!

ROBOPTI

help guys!

Cobra has pulled the ACCRA's from the custom option on the LV4 For Some Reason according to my rep today. what are teh other options in the custom offering to reduce spin and give me a highter kickpoint? 104 ss?

thanks,

lee

Lee,

You could try the ProLaunch Red? That shaft should preform well in that head. I would order it with a stiff and order it a little long so you can tip it a half inch or so. The stiff is supposed to be well suited for someone with a 100-110MPH SS, but with the heavier head it will probably need some tipping.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max TD 9° shaft???

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 3w Ventus Red 7

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 7w Ventus Red 7 

Srixon UX 4 23° Ventus Blue 8

Ping i230 5-U Dynamic Gold 105

Titleist Vokey SM9 54.10 (55°) and 60.08 Nippon Modus 105

Scotty Cameron 2024 Phantom 5.5

Awesome numbers Phil. I can't wait to get mine on a monitor for a full test.

I kind of figured the r7 didn't stand a chance. Due mainly to the MOI, and whatever technological advances the L4V had over the r7. You can see though, why I sat on the fence for a while...(not as long as some people, and you know who you are...lol). I think I have pretty good #'s with the r7. At first I wasn't going to even do a head to head, but then I thought it would be appropriate...and also just to be fair to my now ex-gamer. The PYPE is suprisingly smooth. I got it set up at 44.5" (tipped 1"), and call it D4 SW. Actual SW is just a hair over D4...couldn't even call it D4.25. Lots of thanks to ROBO...dude, you know your stuff, and LAMA. Extra thanks to my bud Russ, for letting me use his shop...and range...even though he's closed for the winter. Note to Russ: I don't know anything about any balls through the end of the range...really. :coolpics: L4V = BOMBS!!

help guys!

Cobra has pulled the ACCRA's from the custom option on the LV4 For Some Reason according to my rep today. what are teh other options in the custom offering to reduce spin and give me a highter kickpoint? 104 ss?

thanks,

lee

I tried looking for a list of what shaft options Cobra had but was unable to find one. Can someone point me in the right direction with a link?

AWESOME #s sawmill ... Lemme guess .... You have steep swingpath ???

I guess you could call it semi-steep. Let me tell you one thing...I don't get to parallel with any club. Kind of a short, tight, and compact swing. Slow back, "full attack" fast through. Man...this has been a blast tinkering with this club. Can't wait for the season to start.

Try golfsmith.com, click on smart fit. they have all the available shaft options. The SC 65 and 75 are still listed as options there, FWIW.

When I was searching for the ProLaunch Red on there, I noticed that too. Maybe they are just planning to take that shaft off the custom list?

i know the rep well and he knows his stuff. he said not sure why, but they had pulled a few from the list. the list is short.

the have GD PErshing, the aldila NV's and VS proto's, V2's still i guess, graffaloy blue,red, and prolite, speeder 757, and a couple others. the list is not long.

maybe i just go ahead and get one and reshaft out the door? chip and i have talked about a rombax for me in it possilby.

Chip putting in a Rombax sounds like a good idea. :coolpics:

Why don't you take it back or swap it? I'm keeping mine till I see how the protopype behaves with my swing. I know I hit my stock pretty good now and the ballooning seems way less...which I think is my swing in the first place.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz Maz Broomstick ACCRA shaft, 44"
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Why don't you take it back or swap it? I'm keeping mine till I see how the protopype behaves with my swing. I know I hit my stock pretty good now and the ballooning seems way less...which I think is my swing in the first place.

I live in Bangkok, Thailand.

Just bought L4V F from Ebay, cannot take it back or swap it.

I've already try diamana 57 stiff and love it!

Still want to have diamana pulled from L4V F 57g.

Your loose is my gain. Thanks.

Well, go ahead and call me stupid.....sold my L4V and am now going to bag a tour issue Nickent 4DX. My first love has always been the J33R 460, and the Nickent just seems to be a more forgiving version of that great head.

I can understand completely, I sold mine also and bought a Adams xtd pro. I still have another l4v sitting in the corner if it doesnt work out, even though the #'s were good with the l4v it was just so heavy I was losing swingspeed. Also caught myself swinging out of my shoes with it and losing rythum with my other clubs. I picked up near 10 mph with the adams over the l4v, I guess between the heavy club, swingweight, and sheer size of the head you just cant get your max speed out of it. I dunno. If I go back to it I am going to put a superlight shaft in it.

TITLEIST TS3 8.5 T1100
Callaway XR Pro 15* Fairway
Taylormade GAPR 2
Honma 737V 4-pw
Titleist SM6 52/58
Machine M20 Converter Aluminum Bronze
Scotty Newport Select

Good evening L4V Nation!!

Here are some numbers from my LM session today. I'm getting sick of the LM, but hey...it's all I've got right now...damn winter. First LM session with the PYPE as the engine!! Test Ball - Pro V1 X. I'll give you the averages, followed by the subsequent numbers that were used to get the averages. I also put it head to head with my former gamer r7 Quad TP 9.5* today as well. Let's just say it was no contest. I hit my r7 first...hit 7 warm-up shots than took the final 5 (good-bad-or,indifferent) to go head to head. Same for the L4V. I was just going to post the L4V's, but what the heck...I'll put up #s...so you can see for yourself. Makes for some good reading, if anything.

So, here we go...........these are the last 5 drives from each club.

r7 Quad TP 9.5*, w/ Harrison Pro 2.5 X (Tipped 1.5")

Carry: 287.3...290.9, 290.0, 285.5, 290.9, 279.4

Total Distance: 304.6...308.3, 308.6, 301.9, 307.1, 296.9

Ball Speed: 157.5...157.4, 156.0, 155.5, 158.4, 160.4

Launch Angle: 15.1...16.3, 17.6, 15.7, 15.1, 11.0

Back Spin: 2294...2153, 1772, 2434, 2533, 2576

Club Speed: 107.5...107.3, 105.9, 106.3, 108.4, 109.8

L4VX 9.0, w/ Aldila NV ProtoPYPE 60 X (Tipped 1.0")

Carry: 303.6...307.1, 299.5, 306.0, 307.2, 298.0

Total Distance: 318.9...322.4, 313.2, 323.0, 324.3, 311.5

Ball Speed: 165.3...167.5, 165.7, 164.4, 164.7, 164.0

Launch Angle: 16.0...14.0, 15.7, 16.2, 16.6, 17.6

Back Spin: 2714...2834, 3143, 2244, 2166, 3181

Club Speed: 113.2...114.8, 114.1, 112.0, 112.1, 113.0

I hit about 6 balls before I started the session, with my r7. I then hit 12 balls with each club, counting the last 5 to make it fair. Don't ask me how I got up to my normal SS with the L4V...I felt I swung the same with each club. I did end on 2 of my higher SS's on my r7. So there you have it. Hopefully we'll be golfing here in about a month & a half.

LaTeR gUyS....pHiL.

Wow Phil pretty stunning comparison. :coolpics:

Kindest regards, Shawnee

Titleist Tsi4 / Callaway 4w /Call Hy/ Call UT 3i /Srixon z745 4-P /Vokey Wedgeworks 50m+56v /Cameron Newport 

Wow Phil pretty stunning comparison. :coolpics:

Kindest regards, Shawnee

Yo...Shawnee...Yeah I was curious to say the least, about comparing the 2. I believe it was a fair comparison, the way I did it. I wanted to actually keep going, as I was getting into a good groove yesterday. I wanted to see, if I could got more out of this beast. I'm pretty sure I can. The small shop that has the LM doesn't charge me a dime, and the owner said...I could get on anytime I want. I've used it 3 times now...so I don't really want to abuse my privilege. Might get some #'s again, after my season starts. At least by then, I'll have an idea the ball flight, and trajectory that I'm getting with this combo (in the real world). LM's are good, but they aren't the be all, end all.

I'm just chompin' at the bit here...to start the '08 season!!

LaTeR....pHiL.

Question for you L4V-F guys ... I was at Edwin Watts yesterday getting a few gloves .... and of course I perused the store for new goodies. So I go over to L4V-land and lo-and-behold they have another X head in ... So I am giving it the waggle ... and for goofs I grabbed a 9* F head

Guys & Gals ... This particular F head looked more open than the X . I was SHOCKED - I couldn't get it straight in my head - I looked and looked and looked - IT LOOKED MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you F guys seeing the same thing ... I LOVED IT !!!!

I even called DEEP THROAT ... Sd "Hey - My dumb arse is LITERALLY calling you standing on the floor of Watts - Have I gone insane" ... DEEP THROAT advised that I might not be ... but the company line is they are "supposed" to be more closed. I had the manager & 2 of my buds there eyeball it and said the same thing ... It looked VERY PLEASING to the eye . I may go get the dang thing ....

You guys seeing that in the F heads ?? ... KING of the KOOL-AIDE BRIGADE NEEDS YOUR HELP :coolpics:

I thought that same thing on a couple F heads that I have picked up while in the stores. I compared them to the X and i could not tell a difference at all. I wish i would have bought it last weekend but i am headed back over there tonight and I am hoping they still have a few left with open face.

Question for all the guys with a SS int he 95-100 range. Have any of you went out and bought the X over the recommended F head? If so what have your results been?

You guys seeing that in the F heads ?? ... KING of the KOOL-AIDE BRIGADE NEEDS YOUR HELP :coolpics:

I saw a 10* F that looked open to me at my local Golf Galaxy and couldn't believe it myself, they didn't have the X in stock to compare the two. I have purchased the X and it too looks open.

Driver - TaylorMade Stealth2 9* w/ Project X HZRDUS 6.0 60g

3 wood - Sonartec NP99 w/ Matrix Ozik 60R

Rescue - Sonartec TRC 20* w/ Graphalloy ProLaunch Blue 60R

Hybrid - Adams Pro 3,4 & 5 w/ Adila VS Proto 80R

Irons - Callaway 2007 X-Forged 6-P w/ Aerotech SteelFiber i95R

Wedge - Cleveland Black Tour Action 588 56* w/ Dynamic Gold wedge shaft

Putter - Odyssey Eleven Tour Lined CS 35" Stroke Lab shaft

Question for you L4V-F guys ... I was at Edwin Watts yesterday getting a few gloves .... and of course I perused the store for new goodies. So I go over to L4V-land and lo-and-behold they have another X head in ... So I am giving it the waggle ... and for goofs I grabbed a 9* F head

Guys & Gals ... This particular F head looked more open than the X . I was SHOCKED - I couldn't get it straight in my head - I looked and looked and looked - IT LOOKED MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I even called DEEP THROAT ... Sd "Hey - My dumb arse is LITERALLY calling you standing on the floor of Watts - Have I gone insane" ... DEEP THROAT advised that I might not be ... but the company line is they are "supposed" to be more closed. I had the manager & 2 of my buds there eyeball it and said the same thing ... It looked VERY PLEASING to the eye . I may go get the dang thing ....

mine looked open at address but after letting my club maker size it up it acutally was 1* closed.

Being LH I do not have an X to compare it to but I can confirm that my F is indeed 1/2 degree open. Everyone one I've seen is square to slightly open.

You guys seeing that in the F heads ?? ... KING of the KOOL-AIDE BRIGADE NEEDS YOUR HELP :partytime2:

We might finally get the definiteive answer regarding differences between the X and F!!! Yes, you know you are dying to try the F, right?

:coolpics:

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

i know the rep well and he knows his stuff. he said not sure why, but they had pulled a few from the list. the list is short.

We got our 08 Cobra books in today. I glanced at the custom list quickly. Off the top of my head, I remember seeing a Diamana Redboard 63 (not stock RB) . There might have been some others. The Diamana 63/73/83 (I believe these are Blueboards) were listed as options on fairways. Not sure if they will put them in a driver. There were some others, just can't remember. I will check when I have the book in front of me.

I sat a 9* and 10* F head next to my Pro S and the L4V F's look more open than the Pro. I have to go with the F since i need a 10* head. Love the feel of this club. I was bombing 9* F by my Pro S, and the L4V was launching too low and spinning too much. Can't wait to get a 10* with the right shaft. I've got a Pype sitting here waiting to go in!

Is it even worth getting a L4V if you cant afford to reshaft it at the moment.

I was looking at getting the L4V X speed.

My ss is right around 100-110

If you get the X Speed with an X flex in it you should be ok. The X flex shaft seems to give people pretty good numbers.