Here's what irks me about golf....

Titleist99

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @Bad9 said:

> > I don't know why some even play the game it seems so stressful and ungratifying.

>

> Because it's a Love - Hate relationship with Golf ……. which is the whole point of this thread, Bingo!

I don’t think this thread has or had a point. I mean I guess it does in a “ let me vent “ kind of way. But Not sure how it’s survived on tour talk this long either.

As an aside. I don’t find anything about this game to be bad or irking. But people on the other hand. People are irksome on a regular basis. Such as the single on a Saturday morning who somehow gets out , then comes up behind your 4 some on 16 and says “ can we play in as 5” as we all wait for 10 minutes on the box during a $20 skins game , after I’ve just watched the guy dump 3 in the pond behind us on a 130 yard par 3. That’s a big nope partner. We’re trying to finish before dark. And it’s 1130 now !!

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > > @Bad9 said:

> > > I don't know why some even play the game it seems so stressful and ungratifying.

> >

> > Because it's a Love - Hate relationship with Golf ……. which is the whole point of this thread, Bingo!

>

> I don’t think this thread has or had a point. I mean I guess it does in a “ let me vent “ kind of way. But Not sure how it’s survived on tour talk this long either.

>

> As an aside. I don’t find anything about this game to be bad or irking. But people on the other hand. People are irksome on a regular basis. Such as the single on a Saturday morning who somehow gets out , then comes up behind your 4 some on 16 and says “ can we play in as 5” as we all wait for 10 minutes on the box during a $20 skins game , after I’ve just watched the guy dump 3 in the pond behind us on a 130 yard par 3. That’s a big nope partner. We’re trying to finish before dark. And it’s 1130 now !!

LOL! You only find people who play golf irksome ? really!?! This thread has lasted this long because a lot of golfers go through the same thing and have somethings in common. Glad you couldn't contain yourself and helped this thread survive even longer...the original concept was everyone on this board loves golf or we wouldn't be on the internet posting on a forum but there are things that make us go bananas..... i.e, slow play, golf instructions, marshals, etc.... If you still don't get it …… Just move on!

> @Titleist99 said:

> What about the guy that stands on the green recording his scores instead of doing that on the next tee....stop that!

What about the guy who skips the 9 th hole on a packed course, so he can pass your group at the turn , just so you can then wait on his twosome for the next 9 holes ? That qualify ? He didn’t take it too well when the Marshall moved him back behind us. Lol.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

They are independent contractors so they get to decide where they want to work if they are exempt for the tournament.

This mostly has to do with how much the tournaments are paying out these days. For instance, now you're seeing less and less players with equipment deals because it's more important for them to use the clubs they feel perform the best for them instead of being tethered to one OEM's equipment. Why? The purses are so large these days that they don't need equipment contracts.

I can't really complain about that. Ticket prices for a Tour event are still pretty low and to me the experience of being live at a Tour event is worth it. And if the players are making more money...more power to them.

RH

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > What about the guy that stands on the green recording his scores instead of doing that on the next tee....stop that!

>

> What about the guy who skips the 9 th hole on a packed course, so he can pass your group at the turn , just so you can then wait on his twosome for the next 9 holes ? That qualify ? He didn’t take it too well when the Marshall moved him back behind us. Lol.

I had a playing buddy once, who always wanted us to let all twosomes play through our foursome.....we always had to wait on the twosome....go figure.

> @RichieHunt said:

> They are independent contractors so they get to decide where they want to work if they are exempt for the tournament.

>

> This mostly has to do with how much the tournaments are paying out these days. For instance, now you're seeing less and less players with equipment deals because it's more important for them to use the clubs they feel perform the best for them instead of being tethered to one OEM's equipment. Why? The purses are so large these days that they don't need equipment contracts.

>

> I can't really complain about that. Ticket prices for a Tour event are still pretty low and to me the experience of being live at a Tour event is worth it. And if the players are making more money...more power to them.

>

>

>

>

>

> RH

I guess some of the Pros think that they can play with anything.....I think that the arrogance it takes to get to that level is the blame for that. Equipment deals come in all level though.....Driver deal, Putter deal, clothing deal, clubs, shoes, hats, bags, logos, etc... I would never mess with my clubs including my wedges...

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @RichieHunt said:

> > They are independent contractors so they get to decide where they want to work if they are exempt for the tournament.

> >

> > This mostly has to do with how much the tournaments are paying out these days. For instance, now you're seeing less and less players with equipment deals because it's more important for them to use the clubs they feel perform the best for them instead of being tethered to one OEM's equipment. Why? The purses are so large these days that they don't need equipment contracts.

> >

> > I can't really complain about that. Ticket prices for a Tour event are still pretty low and to me the experience of being live at a Tour event is worth it. And if the players are making more money...more power to them.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > RH

>

> I guess some of the Pros think that they can play with anything.....I think that the arrogance it takes to get to that level is the blame for that. Equipment deals come in all level though.....Driver deal, Putter deal, clothing deal, clubs, shoes, hats, bags, logos, etc... I would never mess with my clubs including my wedges...

>

>

>

>

To their credit, they can usually play with most anything and if you're a company like TaylorMade, they can just about make anything the pro wants. Justin Rose has had numerous special putters made for him at his request. The same goes with wedges, irons, etc. The driver and fairway woods are the one club that they can't really replicate other OEM models, but they can make enough tweaks to the weight, CoG, shaft, etc. that they can probably come to a close proximity.

RH

> @RichieHunt said:

> > @Titleist99 said:

> > > @RichieHunt said:

> > > They are independent contractors so they get to decide where they want to work if they are exempt for the tournament.

> > >

> > > This mostly has to do with how much the tournaments are paying out these days. For instance, now you're seeing less and less players with equipment deals because it's more important for them to use the clubs they feel perform the best for them instead of being tethered to one OEM's equipment. Why? The purses are so large these days that they don't need equipment contracts.

> > >

> > > I can't really complain about that. Ticket prices for a Tour event are still pretty low and to me the experience of being live at a Tour event is worth it. And if the players are making more money...more power to them.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > RH

> >

> > I guess some of the Pros think that they can play with anything.....I think that the arrogance it takes to get to that level is the blame for that. Equipment deals come in all level though.....Driver deal, Putter deal, clothing deal, clubs, shoes, hats, bags, logos, etc... I would never mess with my clubs including my wedges...

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> To their credit, they can usually play with most anything and if you're a company like TaylorMade, they can just about make anything the pro wants. Justin Rose has had numerous special putters made for him at his request. The same goes with wedges, irons, etc. The driver and fairway woods are the one club that they can't really replicate other OEM models, but they can make enough tweaks to the weight, CoG, shaft, etc. that they can probably come to a close proximity.

>

>

>

>

> RH

Question:

Do you think that Tiger reached his potential with the NIKE clubs? I think that Keopka still plays with a set of Nike clubs......don't quote me on that though.

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @RichieHunt said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > @RichieHunt said:

> > > > They are independent contractors so they get to decide where they want to work if they are exempt for the tournament.

> > > >

> > > > This mostly has to do with how much the tournaments are paying out these days. For instance, now you're seeing less and less players with equipment deals because it's more important for them to use the clubs they feel perform the best for them instead of being tethered to one OEM's equipment. Why? The purses are so large these days that they don't need equipment contracts.

> > > >

> > > > I can't really complain about that. Ticket prices for a Tour event are still pretty low and to me the experience of being live at a Tour event is worth it. And if the players are making more money...more power to them.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > RH

> > >

> > > I guess some of the Pros think that they can play with anything.....I think that the arrogance it takes to get to that level is the blame for that. Equipment deals come in all level though.....Driver deal, Putter deal, clothing deal, clubs, shoes, hats, bags, logos, etc... I would never mess with my clubs including my wedges...

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > To their credit, they can usually play with most anything and if you're a company like TaylorMade, they can just about make anything the pro wants. Justin Rose has had numerous special putters made for him at his request. The same goes with wedges, irons, etc. The driver and fairway woods are the one club that they can't really replicate other OEM models, but they can make enough tweaks to the weight, CoG, shaft, etc. that they can probably come to a close proximity.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > RH

>

> Question:

> Do you think that Tiger reached his potential with the NIKE clubs? I think that Keopka still plays with a set of Nike clubs......don't quote me on that though.

I'm no fan of Nike, but anything dealing with Tiger and not reaching his potential had to do with his injuries, changing his swing too much and his ridiculous workout routines that didn't benefit him.

RH

> @Titleist99 said:

> > @RichieHunt said:

> > > @Titleist99 said:

> > > > @RichieHunt said:

> > > > They are independent contractors so they get to decide where they want to work if they are exempt for the tournament.

> > > >

> > > > This mostly has to do with how much the tournaments are paying out these days. For instance, now you're seeing less and less players with equipment deals because it's more important for them to use the clubs they feel perform the best for them instead of being tethered to one OEM's equipment. Why? The purses are so large these days that they don't need equipment contracts.

> > > >

> > > > I can't really complain about that. Ticket prices for a Tour event are still pretty low and to me the experience of being live at a Tour event is worth it. And if the players are making more money...more power to them.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > RH

> > >

> > > I guess some of the Pros think that they can play with anything.....I think that the arrogance it takes to get to that level is the blame for that. Equipment deals come in all level though.....Driver deal, Putter deal, clothing deal, clubs, shoes, hats, bags, logos, etc... I would never mess with my clubs including my wedges...

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > To their credit, they can usually play with most anything and if you're a company like TaylorMade, they can just about make anything the pro wants. Justin Rose has had numerous special putters made for him at his request. The same goes with wedges, irons, etc. The driver and fairway woods are the one club that they can't really replicate other OEM models, but they can make enough tweaks to the weight, CoG, shaft, etc. that they can probably come to a close proximity.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > RH

>

> Question:

> Do you think that Tiger reached his potential with the NIKE clubs? I think that Keopka still plays with a set of Nike clubs......don't quote me on that though.

I won't quote you, Keopka plays mizuno irons, which he has won majors with.

> @Titleist99 said:

> Question:

Nike made good looking blades. Nike made even better looking blades just for Tiger. He still putted with a SC. I never thought that Tiger's wedge game held him back. You might argue that Nike drivers were not the best fit for him.