2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

"Athletic fit" golf pants with the narrowest foot opening?

Agreed, some of my favorite pants of recent memory. It was nice when they were getting replaced and everything dropped significantly in price. I grabbed a couple colors from GG for like $30 a piece.

TSR3 9* w/ Ventus Black 6X

Sim TI Rocket 14* w/ Atmos Black TS 7x

Callaway UW 17* w/ Tensei Pro White 70tx

T100S (4-P) w/ Project X 6.5

Vokey SM9 w/ Project X 6.5 Wedge (50/54/58)

***Custom Goodwood G6***

OP, depending on what temps you are going to wear you pants, I would suggest the Uniqlo Slim Fit Flat Front Chino. I have a bit of a problem finding clothes that fit my lower half as well. Little muscular, skinny calves and a fairly small waist. I usually get a 34/34 just so the legs fit right but the waist isn't swimming and they have a fairly nice leg opening. I would definitely suggest trying them on at a store first to make sure they are what you are looking for. They also have some inconsistencies with their leg openings but that happens with a lot of stores. By far my favorite clothing store that can double for work and course. Uniqlo also has the Kando pants which are breathable for warmer temps. I know Adam Scott has them as a sponsor and he has a bunch of collabs with them. The pants are great and reasonably priced and always going on sale for $10 to $20 off. Highly recommend. Only problem is the Kando pants seem to be a little more straight fit with a wider leg opening but you can get them tailored to be perfect.

I tried on the Target pants today. Material is similar to the Old Navy Slim Go Dry pants, and they have the knee reinforcement as well. I found the fit to be exactly the opposite of the Old Navy pants - the Target pants are tighter in the waist and looser in the legs in the same size. I wear 34x32 in the Old Navy pants and they fit perfectly. The Target pants were a hair too tight in the waist with a shirt tucked in and much looser in the legs (but would have been fine for golf for me). 36x32 in the Target pants were too loose in the waist and very loose in the legs. I'm 6', 195 lbs. The Target pants are $40.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

I'm a big fan of the Old Navy pants and tried on the Target pair. Fit wasn't really similar for me in the same size (32x30, 5'7'' 155lbs). The waist felt okay, I maybe could have squeezed into a 30. The leg opening at the bottom felt smaller than the ON pants, but the overall fit of the legs just weren't for me. The inseam was super long resulting in a ridiculous amount of break, even if a 28 inseam was available they probably would have still been too long. The legs were very loose compared to ON, perfect if you don't skip leg day and have tree trunks, but they just didn't fit my body type. YMMV.

Titleist TSR3 10* Tensei 1k Black 7x 44.5"

Titleist TSR3 16.5* Tensei 1k Black 7x 42.5"

Cobra F6 Baffler 19.5* Diamana Blueboard 8x 41.25"

Titleist U505 4i Tensei 1k Black 8x

Titleist T100 5i-9i Project X 6.5

Vokey SM9 46F/50F/54F/60M Project x 6.5

Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Okay so my golf motion pants came in from Target. I have to say... I'm seriously impressed. Like I said, my quads are pretty big relative to my waist size and these fit me great in my upper leg /seat area. The material seems pretty durable and they stretch really well. Did some full deep squats in them with no issue.

Leg opening is not as narrow as the Lulu pants, but it's much better than the Under Armour pants I have, and probably about the same as my adidas pants but they have a much more "office friendly" look because they aren't technical looking (no shine/sheen).

I'm really happy and maaaaybe I'd buy a pair of lululemon pants down the road but these are probably perfect to go from office to the course. If you're a big leg guy like me, but your waist is still fairly slim, I'd recommended you buy these for $40.

I bought every color of the J.Crew Tech pant in the 484 fit. They’re fantastic & have four way stretch. None of the stores around me carried a slim golf pant, & I didn’t want to play the online order/send-back game. I was in a store & they had a couple pair of Tech pants in different colors so I tried them on. Ordered every color in the pant & shorts.

Lululemon - Commission or ABC Pant (they're basically the same with different pocket styles to fit your needs/preferences). Good stretch, slim or skinny fit has a narrow foot opening. Folding them shows a nice reflective piece. They are pricey though...

Nike Flex 5 Pocket. Slim. Very slim. Some stretch, narrow foot opening, decently priced.

Uniqlo - Basically Lululemon with maybe shorter standard length (I buy mine in Asia, not sure about where you are) I've had friends who worked at Lulu thinking these were Commission/ABC pants. To me they're slightly slimmer than lulus, stretchier but slightly thicker. So they give me that feeling that it's nicely hugging my leg, absorbing sweat whereas Lulus are slightly looser and doesn't absorb sweat as effectively (if you get what I mean)

Under Armour - Slim versions are nothing close to those listed above but yet I wear them the most because of how little I appreciate them and don't mind them getting dirty.

I just got a couple pairs of the UA Match Play Tapered and they’re great. Just like you said, i wouldn’t qualify them as slim more like a hybrid of straight/slim. They def have a narrow foot opening. I can barely get my foot through there but i like that to show off the shoes and have a more modern look. Got em directly through UA for $30 a pair, helluva deal IMO.

Ping G430 LST 9* (Ventus TR Red 6X)

Ping G430 Max 3W (Ventus Blue 7X)

TM Qi10 5W (KBS TD70X)

TM P770 4-5i (KBS Tour X)

TM P7MC 6-8i (KBS Tour X)

TM P7MB 9i-PW (KBS Tour X)

TM MG4 Copper 50/55/60 (KBS $-Taper 120 Black)

Spider Tour X Single Bend (BGT Stability)

I got these off Amazon to try... see a post I made I think on page 2. Keep in mind, I've got pretty beefy hockey thighs relative to my waist.... I got them in 34/32, I literally could almost not fit my legs in them.

Based on my trials... guys with legit thick thighs who want a tapered/athletic fit would be best off in Lulu pants, the Golf Motion (Target) or possibly Bonobos, but I haven't tried them yet. Probably would be good for "normal" width legs though, they seemed pretty well made and stylish.

Yeah my legs are closer to normal width in the quad so that makes more sense.

Ping G430 LST 9* (Ventus TR Red 6X)

Ping G430 Max 3W (Ventus Blue 7X)

TM Qi10 5W (KBS TD70X)

TM P770 4-5i (KBS Tour X)

TM P7MC 6-8i (KBS Tour X)

TM P7MB 9i-PW (KBS Tour X)

TM MG4 Copper 50/55/60 (KBS $-Taper 120 Black)

Spider Tour X Single Bend (BGT Stability)

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the Amazon purchase, it seems like UA's pants sold on Amazon are typically from the previous season. At least, that's what I found when buying some Showdown Tapered Chinos, the taper wasn't as narrow at the bottom as the pair I bought directly from UA, and from what I was told by UA support the Amazon purchase I made was last season's pants. Not sure if they made the same changes to the Match Play pants, might be worth contacting UA to ask what the differences are from last season to current. Obviously if they went the same way as Showdown and made the taper more narrow, it may not work out for you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
@Z1ggy16 or anyone else know if the LuluLemon or the Target brand referenced in this thread have the grippy type waist band to help keep your shirt tucked in?

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

• 2 weeks later...