Precision Pro/ Blue Tees rangefinders

I got an NX7 slope and I'm not sure how I feel about it, though I may have gotten a wonky model. The other day on the course I tried to zap a yardage from ~175, and went 0 for 9. I don't feel like that's how this should perform, but maybe others are experiencing the same thing. Might email their customer service again. There are some days it takes me more than a couple tries to get a yardage from 150 and in. Just my experience, this is my first rangefinder and only had it for a couple weeks. With the glowing reviews NX7 is getting from others I suspect this may just be the copy I received.

Ping G430 LST, 9, Ventus Blue 6S

Titleist TS2, 15, Hzrdus Smoke Black 70, 6.0

Apex UW, 19, AD-DI 8S

Srixon ZX, 23

Ping i230, 5-PW, Modus 120x

Ping S159, 48.12 S (at 49)

Vokey SM10, 54.12 D

Vokey SM9, 60.12 D (at 59)

Odyssey Triple Track Ten S, 34"

Z-Star Diamond 

I had a NX7 and sent it back. I love Precision Pro's business practices and their apparent business model, but I have to be honest, it was not 'seemingly Bushnell quality' to use OP's phrase. It just didn't reliably hit the flag unless there was a completely unobscured view. If I go back to a laser, I'd spend the extra $100 or so for a Bushnell. I've had the V3 and V4 Tours and they were more reliable in my experience. (edit- I'll add that I 100% know how to use a rangefinder, and I know that the Precision Pro is different in its button operation, still wasn't reliable for me).

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

I too have a NX7 Pro and have had mixed luck with it. On the positive side it is reasonably priced, accurate, includes batteries for life, and has good customer support behind it. On the negative side, it is slow to lock, the optics are just OK, and if there is anything behind the green it can have a hard time locking on the target. Personally, I wish I had just bit the bullet and bought a Nikon or Bushnell.

My NX7 has been amazing. The battery life is incredible I've only used two since I bought it 5 years ago. Probably 150 rounds on it so far.

It's a bit fussy if you have fingers in front of the sensors, but once you have that figured out it's fantastic. My previous rangefinder was a Bushnell v3 tour and the optics in the precision pro are so much better.

Throw in top notch customer service and you can't ask for much more.

Titleist 917D2 10.5* GD DI-6s
Titleist 917F 18* GD DI-7s
Adams 22* Hybrid
TM p790 5 - PW
Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
Scotty Newport 2

Ball: 7 yards ahead of Cruisin's

I just picked up the NX2 a few weeks ago, no slope. I've used it for 3-4 rounds and I don't think it's missed the target once inside 200 yds. Outside of that, if the flag is laying down, I've had a few times I've need 2-3 tries, but it's generally been quick and spot on.

I'm coming from a SkyCaddie that I liked, but I have trouble seeing exactly where the pin is at on the green at times. I've carried both for the last few rounds and I have total confidence in the NX2. It fits in the tray on my push cart while I'm playing and has been great so far.

Maybe I got a lemon then. Definitely didn't have my fingers in the way as I had read about that as a common issue with the NX7s. I also read up on the proper button usage. I just found that anytime there was a partial hill in front of the flagstick, or anything else that didn't give nearly a 100% sight of the flagstick I would get erratic #s. It basically was a random # generator.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I bought a Blue Tees S3 Max recently. So far I have used it for 2 rounds and I like it.

PROS

- OPTICS: Based on sun/cloud cover it will autoswitch from the black optics to the red optics

- MAGNIFACATION: The magnification is bigger than most other lasers which is why I can understand at first some people may have an issue with stabilization but you just have to be patient with yourself. If you switch from a 5x to a 9x, the more magnified the more exaggerated movements are. I personally love the magnification as its easier to see flags thus pick up.

- VIBRATION & MODES: It has a vibration just like the pinseeker tech on Bushnells. It worked great for me but need to see the manual as it is a 2 click process which if some did not see in the instructions may be why some reviewers are having trouble.  When in "Golf" mode you look for your target let go of the button when you see it ten hit the button again and you get the vibration and the distances. I also do 2 times even with old lasers as most do for once I get the same distance twice I am good to make sure I didnt lock on to a tree etc. Then there is scan mode, this has no vibration and is basically a live reader. You hold down the button and just pan left or right and the distances will change "live" persay. This works if you want to laser a tree, or edge of bunker on a dogleg etc.or the green to get the pin as well. To change from "golf" mode to "scan mode" it is just 1 press of the power button.

- MAGNET: I was always weary of the rangefinder with magnets I see to use to stick to the cart as I worried it would fall off with bumps. I used it whle driving 18 holes and used the magnet to stick it to the cart frame and it was actually great. While i have a dedicated pocket for a laser on my cart bag this made it easier to grab and go or for the other person in my cart. It was very strong and held.

- THE BUILD: The build felt solid and really good quality as far as I can tell thus far.

- SLOPE: I like it is just 1 easy button on the side, works as it should

- ACCURACY: Someone in my group had a Bushnell V3 and when on par 3's or near each other in the fairway, they both would read the same +/- 1-2 yards. I also had a handlheld SkyCaddie SX500 GPS and the same. The distances were close when I would move the pin on the GPS to near where it was on the green. So i was happy with its accuracy. Lens is clear.

- BATTERIES: Most lasers come with 1 battery, this comes with 3 batteries.

- VALUE: This is probably the best value for the money you will find in a range finder on the market. I have owned Bushnell V3, V4 and Pro x2 which are great. I have also tried the Nikon Cool shot and budget friendly Nexus Golf. This one is better than any of the budget ones IMO and yes while like the high end Bushnells its not a metal case, nor waterproof and barometric pressure, for the couple hundred of a price diff, this to me is well worth it.

CONS

- MAGNETIC STRAP ON THE CASE: The case is a very nice quality and is same shape size as a bushnell case. But instead of having the nice elastic strap and hook in case you wanted to leave it unzipped but closed for easy access, this case has a magnetic strap instead. It is not very strong and I would not recommend using it. If you are attaching the case to your bag to carry the laser, I would always use the zipper to open and close during the round and not the magnetic strap. Otherwise case is nice quality.

- SLIGHT GLARE: You will see most laser rangfinders at the end where the laser is is surrounded by a black caseing regardless of the outside color. On the Blue Tees you see the laser has a chrome ring around the edge and the well persay where the laser optics are set back is white. Not all the time but if the sun hits the right spot, I would see a little white haze on the edge of the finder when looking through. It was not in the middle and I could still see my target but it would have been better if that inward area was black and the chrome part only outlined the exterior and did not wrap around. But for me its not a deal breaker at all. 

In the end I really like it, it works as advertised, looks great, feels great in the hands, is accurate, has same features of more expensive models from other brands and feels premium.

If anyone needs any more info or has questions, let me know and I will try to answer them np.

Here is more info: https://www.blueteesgolf.com/pages/rangefinders-2021

NOTE: I tried the best I could to take a picture looking through the lens.

14BE43CC-E47E-4B82-97BA-244C78EF7FCD.jpeg

52A77C8F-2821-4EE5-B12A-B10C6EA251A5.jpeg

ED5557E0-1FB4-4E98-8AA1-FE31CE8C77EC.jpeg

494C769E-D55B-423F-A37A-E6280FDE2CE7.jpeg

1514F5F2-6EC1-4D08-A3F7-58653F5246C6.jpeg

DADB6797-F8AE-43D4-A226-02E83022ACD2.jpeg

8E480F61-45E3-4311-9BD2-6BA98F630C88.jpeg

43C3CBDE-6621-4161-8546-2256E3039BD3.jpeg

69CE7F8E-0B4A-4060-9768-313695703E38.jpeg

FB00571B-FD69-4B18-B944-F6F57CE73428.jpeg

8A8568AD-7C03-4DEE-AAFC-AD5FFCE4371A.jpeg

D80BBA9B-3317-4AC8-82C4-59D22B647731.jpeg

1066CF5D-1038-4834-84D7-D9BBE51F1D5D.jpeg

E8F6A49D-BE91-447A-B3D5-E19748F49FDC.jpeg

• Like 1

- Driver: Callaway Ai Smoke

- 3 Wood: Callaway Ai SMoke

- 17deg Hybrid: Ping G425 w/ OBAN Kiyoshi White

- 21deg Hybrid: Tour Edge C723 w/ OBAN Kiyoshi Purple

- Irons: Srixon ZX5 MKII 5-AW w/ Accra iSteel Shafts

- Wedges: Vokey SM9 54 & 58deg w/ Accra iSteel Wedge Shafts

- Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom 9.5 (2022)

- Ball: Taylormade TP5

I have a pp NX9 Slope and it performs on par with all the previous Bushnell models I've had in the past.  I've had zero issues picking up flags.  The built in magnet is awesome. I think most all newer rangefinders have magnets, and if they don't they should.  The only issue I have had is that it doesn't work if there is fog.  I've played in morning fog a couple of times this year and it seems certain bushnell models can handle it but my NX9 cannot.

TSr4 Ventus Blue Velocore TR 6x
TSr3 15* Ventus Blue Velocore TR 7x
SLDR 2 Hybrid Hzrdus Matrix Blacktie S
T100s 4-P PX 6.5
SM9 50F, 55S PX 6.5 and 60M S400
Newport

• 3 weeks later...

I use a hunting rangefinder as well as gps(for when I’m in the woods and can’t see the green lol). The biggest problem with my rangefinder is it won’t pick up the flag so I always shoot the front of the green. I’m hoping to pick up a golf one this year with pin seeker tech in it. To me that is the only thing mine is missing. To be honest though I only paid $60 for my Simons so a higher price one may be different.

I have had NX7 pro for past 4 years.. Never had any problems..  Precision Pro supplies the batteries for free, which I replaced twice..

It picks up the flag easily, even with my shaky hands..

I like it.. It's a goto device, when I have issues with the distance with my GPS watch..