2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Anybody else not getting an answer

cjdrcc

Titleist F3-05
I recently talked with three of my local Titleist reps and asked about the F3-05. All I got out of all three of them was an "Oh, look at the time. Got to run!" style answer. I also gave up on trying to find more info by bluntly asking if it will be released and if so when. Titleist denied the existence of the club saying that they have never heard of such a product. Has anybody else have had this problem. :tongue:

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

March or April 2006. They have a wood type hybrid seen here at the Golfwrx. Titleist reps have meetings in about one month and it will be unveiled there.

Nike VR Limited 10.5 BlueBoard 83x
Nike VR Limited 15* BlueBoard 83x
Adams Pro 21* Fubuki AX 82x
Adams XTD Forged 4-Pw DG
Titleist Vokey 50* 55* 60* TI DG
Scotty Cameron 009 33 Inch

I recently talked with three of my local Titleist reps and asked about the F3-05. All I got out of all three of them was an "Oh, look at the time. Got to run!" style answer. I also gave up on trying to find more info by bluntly asking if it will be released and if so when. Titleist denied the existence of the club saying that they have never heard of such a product. Has anybody else have had this problem. :tongue:

71915[/snapback]

Standard operating procedure within Acushnet and million other companies (in and out of golf) to not comment on a product considered to be in "prototype phase."

Most companies would love to have all their leaks plugged up but that is hard when you have avid fans and with some gear out in public in some prototype form.

Just be patient - I am sure they will share when they can. I am sure they want to tell you but would like to keep their job.

No body sold f3.05 yet on ebay so far and one 905R sold and the same seller sold another one almost triple the price of the first one and the price was just impossible for me to picture my self playing it.

There is one on Ebay now is almost $1600 and 5-6 days left

71976[/snapback]

Actually Joe, There has been a F5.05 on ebay....The link is below:

http://cgi1.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?...item=7192373038

And as for the Titleist reps denying the existance of tour stuff when they know it is released....That isnt always true. Not all Titleist reps know what products are out on tour....Lots of reps dont know what is going to be released until a demo is in their hands....I have shown my rep a LFF and a few 970's, and he had never seen either of them. Its pretty hard to make a statemant about saying "the reps know" unless you are a mind reader, which none of us are.....

Steve :tongue:

I've heard the club is going to retail for $349 in 13 and 15 degree lofts.

I read that one went on Ebay for about $1250? Can anyone confirm that price.

71934[/snapback]

It went for $989 to be exact.

eBay auction: Titleist F3-05

The way these things a flying, if it were relisted today, it would go for a lot more money!!! :tongue:

71915[/snapback]

Standard operating procedure within Acushnet and million other companies (in and out of golf) to not comment on a product considered to be in "prototype phase."

Most companies would love to have all their leaks plugged up but that is hard when you have avid fans and with some gear out in public in some prototype form.

Just be patient - I am sure they will share when they can. I am sure they want to tell you but would like to keep their job.

71969[/snapback]

Hmmm............"and they call you 'TheInsider'......" me wonders for whom.....?? ;)

I'm not trying to pry, but I'll leave that up to you. :help:

No body sold f3.05 yet on ebay so far and one 905R sold and the same seller sold another one almost triple the price of the first one and the price was just impossible for me to picture my self playing it.

71976[/snapback]

And as for the Titleist reps denying the existance of tour stuff when they know it is released....That isnt always true. Not all Titleist reps know what products are out on tour....Lots of reps dont know what is going to be released until a demo is in their hands....I have shown my rep a LFF and a few 970's, and he had never seen either of them. Its pretty hard to make a statemant about saying "the reps know" unless you are a mind reader, which none of us are.....

Steve ;)

72012[/snapback]

Nice catch Steve! :help:

I was looking and can't found one under F3.05, Instead that guy put it F3-05. The buyer on that one is pretty lucky w/ that price. Is not you, isn't it? :nono: Come on, admit it...tell us the truth! :tongue:

I recently talked with three of my local Titleist reps and asked about the F3-05. All I got out of all three of them was an "Oh, look at the time. Got to run!" style answer. I also gave up on trying to find more info by bluntly asking if it will be released and if so when. Titleist denied the existence of the club saying that they have never heard of such a product. Has anybody else have had this problem. :help:

71915[/snapback]

71969[/snapback]

Well Said! :tongue:

71976[/snapback]

Steve ;)

72012[/snapback]

Nice catch Steve! :help:

I was looking and can't found one under F3.05, Instead that guy put it F3-05. The buyer on that one is pretty lucky w/ that price. Is not you, isn't it? :nono: Come on, admit it...tell us the truth! :tongue:

72035[/snapback]

The same buyer also bought a 905R from the same seller about 10 mins after this auction ended....

Steve :lol:

71934[/snapback]

You "heard" this?!

From whom or where?! :)

As far as I know they are not going to release this head to the public. I could be wrong, but with the success of the 904 series, why would they introduce this club? The market is too small.

(Like the 970.... Too high of a CG that people THINK that they can handle, but in the end can't! All they want is the BLING, even though it is actually hurting their game. Let's say a 10+ handicapper doesn't probably need this club, even thought they think that they want it. They need HELP getting the ball in the air.)

After saying this, I HOPE THAT YOUR SOURCES ARE GOOD... AND CORRECT! I, myself, would LOVE one or two of these!!! :cheesy:

Only time will tell.

I recently talked with three of my local Titleist reps and asked about the F3-05. All I got out of all three of them was an "Oh, look at the time. Got to run!" style answer. I also gave up on trying to find more info by bluntly asking if it will be released and if so when. Titleist denied the existence of the club saying that they have never heard of such a product. Has anybody else have had this problem. :)

71915[/snapback]

71969[/snapback]

Hmmm............"and they call you 'TheInsider'......" me wonders for whom.....?? :cheesy:

I'm not trying to pry, but I'll leave that up to you. :cheesy:

72026[/snapback]

Do not now or never have worked for Acushnet. Work "inside" the industry but not for a manufacturer.

I have been close friends with an Acushnet rep for almost 15 yards and I still don't ask him about gear out of respect for the respect he has for his job. He lets me know when he can and I just deal with that. Sometimes I get to tell him about things and show him pictures of things he will eventually be selling but usually never has much comment.

It is just the way they work. You have to remember some items get a lot of tweaking before they head to retail so why confuse people with bad information. They are consistent so I can't fault them.

A lot of other companies regret leaking info early, especially when they have to make changes to the product, push back a release date, or even cancel a product intro.

I have been close friends with an Acushnet rep for almost 15 yards and I still don't ask him about gear

72264[/snapback]

That's not very long... :)

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

71934[/snapback]

It went for $989 to be exact.

eBay auction: Titleist F3-05

The way these things a flying, if it were relisted today, it would go for a lot more money!!! :)

72020[/snapback]

That seems like a good price to me. Asked my pro to ask the Titleist rep about the F3-05 and he said he had never heard if it. Damn these reps. I think it would be stupid of Titleist not to release the F3-05. It just looks too good not to release.

Titleist TS3 10.5° w/ Tensei AV 55 Stiff
Titleist TS2 16.5° w/ Tensei AV 65 Stiff
Titleist TS2 21° w/ Tensei AV 75 Stiff
Titleist U510 23° w/ Tensei Blue AM2 Stiff
Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 w/ XP 95 S300
Vokey SM8 46°, 50°, 54°, 60° w/ XP 95 S300
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34"

I recently talked with three of my local Titleist reps and asked about the F3-05. All I got out of all three of them was an "Oh, look at the time. Got to run!" style answer. I also gave up on trying to find more info by bluntly asking if it will be released and if so when. Titleist denied the existence of the club saying that they have never heard of such a product. Has anybody else have had this problem. :)

71915[/snapback]

i was talking to the Titleist rep for norcal and he said that the hybrids were not liked by the pros so they are going back to the drawing boards..he said look as early as early 2007