WINNERS: Claw Glove by CaddyDaddy! Check Inside!

25 minutes ago, DrDon said:

I won a Claw Glove.

After playing five rounds with the Claw, there has been no wear and no change of shape (i.e., stretching) of the Claw Glove.   Usually, I wear out the thumb of my golf gloves, as I use full cord grips.   After 5 rounds, the other brands of gloves that I use, generally have some significant wear as well as losing their shape.

The weather has cooled off here in northern Virginia.   So, I can't comment on how the glove performs in high temperatures with high humidity.   Under these conditions, I have to spray my hands with "firm grip" when playing with cabretta leather gloves, as they become soaked in sweat and often feel slimy in the palm.  

I wear a men's medium golf glove.   The Claw was a little loose fitting, similar to what you see in some of the pictures posted above.   

I just purchased the Costco cabretta leather gloves.   I'm not sure the Claw Glove can compete with a $5 cabretta leather glove from Costco.

Appreciate the feedback.  Most players are getting 30+ rounds with our gloves.  A $5 glove is tough to beat but I'm confident one of our gloves will last as long as 4-5 Costco gloves and the palm on ours will not blacken, harden or tear.  Thanks, Rod

4 hours ago, bpink21901 said:

I am late getting this review posted but I haven't been able to play much recently.  As others have said the grippy palm and breathable mesh are very good.  The fit was a little small for me, I usually wear a Cadet M/L and asked for a Cadet M since it was mentioned they run big.  It was a little too tight across the palm area.  I used it for a range session and a couple net sessions and I liked the grip and I didn't sweat it out like I would a normal cabretta glove.  In ordering more, I would get 1 of my normal Cadet M/L size and see how it fits.

However, the spousal unit usually wears a mens Cadet M so she tried it......and I didn't get it back!  It fit her as well as her usual cadet M's.  She really likes the grippy palm and fingers as well as the breathable mesh.  I think when I order mine I will be getting a couple in her size as well.

Thanks for posting!   We don't make M/L sizes as they were really too close to our Med & Large sizes.  I'd recommend trying our Cadet L next and if for some reason it doesn't fit well just let me know as we offer free size exchanges (we cover shipping too).

• Like 1

Sorry this is so late.  Was down at the coast fishing when the glove came in.  Glad CaddyDaddy has provided this opportunity.  Big thanks.

20200915_101602.jpg.9dc5828693f0cc1c31bea3af719f30c4.jpg20200915_101609.jpg.5832e56b9cbf0ca93d8fd0675951be24.jpg

As you can see the fit is very nice.  I wear cadet medium and these fit perfectly (I have a big hand so ladies sizes rarely fit - an XXL would work, but almost no one makes that size).

Pros

Fit was good

Dry grip was excellent

Glove was fairly cool in hot weather

No perceptible wear on the glove over 2 - 3 rounds

Cons

There was a little rubbing/chafing at the wrist

Once my glove hand started sweating, I began to have some grip issues near the butt end of the grip

Less feel between glove and grip

Discussion

My grip issues once I was sweating were disconcerting.  The glove passes the sweat rather than absorbing which would generally be a good thing.  As a consequence, however, I was getting sweat on the silicone ridges which made them a bit slippery.  It could be that outgassing residue was mixing with the sweat causing the slickness so I am going to wash the glove to see if that helps.  Also I was not removing the glove between shots which I am sure exacerbated the issue.  All in all I think the Claw is a good glove for durability and possibly hot, humid conditions if removed often and hand is kept dry.  If washing the glove reduces the slickness when sweaty, I will let folks know.

Edited by ThinkingPlus
  • Thanks 1

I played in a drizzly scramble tuesday night and to be honest, I'm a little bummed with how the glove performed. Once the silicone grip on the palms got wet, it honestly was the same as a normal glove that had gotten wet, at least IMO. Even drying the palm off directly before taking a shot didn't help all that much. I had to switch the glove out after the third hole, then put on another glove after three more holes. It was a light but constant drizzle until the 7th hole where it the rain quit all together.

It seems that if the grip on your club and the grip of the glove is 100% dry, then you're golden. If the grip is slightly damp on either one then the silicone webbing doesn't perform any better than a normal glove IMO. Anyone else having this issue?

4 minutes ago, 976-Evil said:

I played in a drizzly scramble tuesday night and to be honest, I'm a little bummed with how the glove performed. Once the silicone grip on the palms got wet, it honestly was the same as a normal glove that had gotten wet, at least IMO. Even drying the palm off directly before taking a shot didn't help all that much. I had to switch the glove out after the third hole, then put on another glove after three more holes. It was a light but constant drizzle until the 7th hole where it the rain quit all together.

It seems that if the grip on your club and the grip of the glove is 100% dry, then you're golden. If the grip is slightly damp on either one then the silicone webbing doesn't perform any better than a normal glove IMO. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks for the feedback.  We definitely didn't design our gloves for the rain as we're based in AZ.  Through testing and customer feedback we've found our gloves work really well in rain or swampy humid conditions for most players but others not so much.  It really depends on your grips on how the silicone interacts when wet.   

Here's details on a recent test we did:

Tested 2 grips reported to have slipping issues. Soaked our glove and once wet they don't do well with Golf Pride Z Grip or Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cord grips. If you have either of these grips they're probably not going to do well with our gloves with moisture. I retested both damp gloves on various other grips and they still grip really well.

I also tested both versions of dry gloves on both Golf Pride grips and they work great and hold well.

I used the code to try this product based on the initial giveaway. It's definitely a unique feel, from the tacky palm to the outer mesh. I agree with others who observe it runs a hair small. I ordered a cadet medium, which is what I wear for other gloves (bionic brand the past few years). Have only played two rounds, but no major complaints. The glove still looks brand new. Temps not high enough to gauge sweat but the palm being so tacky is sure to reduce the effects of sweat. The glove is also thin enough such that several holes I haven't even bothered to take it off when putting. That's a plus. Same comment applies to finger 10 glove I also just bought to test (and am very bullish on FWIW).

If anything I might recommend to the brand, it'd be this...ditch the "Claw" logo. Cartoonish and immature for the general golf demographic, just my opinion. The product is unique and seems to be good to outstanding quality, the logo looks like a cheap "in store" tool brand or something.  

Cobra Aerojet 10.5 +1.5 Mitsubishi Kai'li S
Cobra LTDx 5w PX Hzrdus green 5.5

Cobra King Utility 20.5 Elements Chrome S 20.5

Mizuno 243 5-P DG S200
Corey Paul 52, 56, 60 
Mizuno OMOI 3 black 35"
Emeritus set:  Mizuno MP20 HMB 5, MMC 6-8, MP 9-P KBS C-taper Lite R 

37 minutes ago, FredWomble said:

I used the code to try this product based on the initial giveaway. It's definitely a unique feel, from the tacky palm to the outer mesh. I agree with others who observe it runs a hair small. I ordered a cadet medium, which is what I wear for other gloves (bionic brand the past few years). Have only played two rounds, but no major complaints. The glove still looks brand new. Temps not high enough to gauge sweat but the palm being so tacky is sure to reduce the effects of sweat. The glove is also thin enough such that several holes I haven't even bothered to take it off when putting. That's a plus. Same comment applies to finger 10 glove I also just bought to test (and am very bullish on FWIW).

If anything I might recommend to the brand, it'd be this...ditch the "Claw" logo. Cartoonish and immature for the general golf demographic, just my opinion. The product is unique and seems to be good to outstanding quality, the logo looks like a cheap "in store" tool brand or something.  

Thank you for trying our gloves.  We've had a few others let us know they're not fans of our current logo so we listened and made it a bit more stealth for future production.  

Here's a pic of our new black/grey glove (available October 2020) with the updated logo.

589038079_BlackTop.jpg.b758ec8337403d8f76b27c0210950819.jpg

On 9/21/2020 at 7:52 PM, DrDon said:

I won a Claw Glove.

After playing five rounds with the Claw, there has been no wear and no change of shape (i.e., stretching) of the Claw Glove.   Usually, I wear out the thumb of my golf gloves, as I use full cord grips.   After 5 rounds, the other brands of gloves that I use, generally have some significant wear as well as losing their shape.

The weather has cooled off here in northern Virginia.   So, I can't comment on how the glove performs in high temperatures with high humidity.   Under these conditions, I have to spray my hands with "firm grip" when playing with cabretta leather gloves, as they become soaked in sweat and often feel slimy in the palm.  

I wear a men's medium golf glove.   The Claw was a little loose fitting, similar to what you see in some of the pictures posted above.   

I just purchased the Costco cabretta leather gloves.   I'm not sure the Claw Glove can compete with a $5 cabretta leather glove from Costco.

I played another half dozen rounds with the Claw Glove.   Still absolutely no wear on the thumb or any other area.   The glove has also not become hard or stretched out of shape.   

I did get the glove wet from early morning dew one day.   And, I had to swap out the Claw because it was too slick to hold onto the club when wet.

The Claw Glove continues to "grow" on me.   If I can get 20 rounds out of it without any degradation, then the Claw Glove will be able to compete with a $5 glove from Costco.    

• Thanks 1

I won the Claw Glove but have been away from golf for a couple of weeks.   I've only had the opportunity to play one round with the glove.  I really like it.   It's tacky, light weight and breathable.     I had to switch out from a medium to a large and the process was extremely easy.   I recommend it!

• Thanks 1

Have a few more rounds with the Claw under my belt... as many others have said, no wear, and the tack is still fantastic. It's taking a bit to get used to the feel of the glove on my hand (as opposed to the hand/club contact), as its a much lighter feel. I'm used to leather gloves being snug and a little tight, and the Claw feels more like nothing is there. Not necessarily a bad thing, just different than I've used for 20+ years. 

• Thanks 1

Callaway Paradym TD 9* - MCA D+ LTD 70TX

Taylormade Sim 15* - MRC Kai'li Blue 70TX

Titleist U505 1-Iron - MRC Tensei Blue 75X

Callaway Apex MB (8-PW) XForged (4-7) - MCA MMT 105TX

Vokey Wedges - 52/56 - DG AMT S300

EVNROLL Midlock ER2V

• 2 weeks later...

Well Better late than never for my posting. I had an issue getting the glove so once I got it this is my review.

Looks. When I opened the pack it reminded me of the old batting glove I used to wear playing baseball.

Feel: I put it on and it was very tacky on the palm for sure. It was lightweight and breathable. Didn't look like it would last very long in Florida heat.

Testing: I tied it twice at range in 85 degree heat, then played 18 holes with it in 90 degree heat. 

Results: The glove does a good job as long as it or your hand doesn't get wet. Once wet the glove is very slippery.  I had to take it off after I wiped my brow of sweat by accident. I let it dry and put back on but sweat still got to it from being so hot. I have used this glove for 5 range sessions and 5 rounds of golf and see no wear at all. 

Conclusion. This is a very good reliable glove for dry weather. I think it will last and does a very good job. I wont be wearing it when rain or hot tempos can cause it to get wet. 

Thank yo for allowing me to test this glove. I always give honest opinion good or bad. 

• Like 1

The Claw Glove continues to grow on me.   After 25 rounds of golf, I'm finally starting to get some wear in the thumb.   This is where all my gloves wear out, as I play full cord grips.   The rest of the glove continues to hold up.

There's been no hardening or stretching of the Claw Glove, similar to what you experience with leather gloves.   The Claw Glove has not gotten slick (unless it gets wet).

I would seriously consider using this glove full time, especially if there was some sort of deal where you could buy 3 gloves for $50 or so.   I play 100 rounds per year, and I think 3 Claw Gloves would last an entire season.   

20 minutes ago, DrDon said:

The Claw Glove continues to grow on me.   After 25 rounds of golf, I'm finally starting to get some wear in the thumb.   This is where all my gloves wear out, as I play full cord grips.   The rest of the glove continues to hold up.

There's been no hardening or stretching of the Claw Glove, similar to what you experience with leather gloves.   The Claw Glove has not gotten slick (unless it gets wet).

I would seriously consider using this glove full time, especially if there was some sort of deal where you could buy 3 gloves for $50 or so.   I play 100 rounds per year, and I think 3 Claw Gloves would last an entire season.   

Great to hear - thanks!  

Currently the best deal we've got going (through the end of November) is one Free Black Tri-Fold 16" x 24" Microfiber Waffle Weave Towel with every black or white glove purchased at our website.

Enter coupon code black and hit apply coupon and the towel will be automatically added to the shopping cart.
The Free Towel promo also includes free economy (USPS First Class) shipping.

Black Towel.JPG

image006.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Members Only said:

Cool looking glove, reminds me on an NFL glove a little!

I thought the strips on the inside of the palm were that same sticky material on football gloves, but it was hard to tell just looking at the pictures. I wonder how these gloves will do with sweat in the midst of summer? I feel like that material once it gets wet becomes slick. That's why you see a lot of NFL guys go with no gloves in the rain I think.

6 hours ago, ILove2Golf123 said:

I thought the strips on the inside of the palm were that same sticky material on football gloves, but it was hard to tell just looking at the pictures. I wonder how these gloves will do with sweat in the midst of summer? I feel like that material once it gets wet becomes slick. That's why you see a lot of NFL guys go with no gloves in the rain I think.

Big point there. Would love to try these gloves out!

13 hours ago, ILove2Golf123 said:

The silicone strips on our gloves are similar to receiver gloves but not quite a sticky.  We've found the majority of golf grips work really well with the silicone we use wet or dry.  So far we've only found 3 grip models (2 from Golf Pride) that don't stick well to silicone when wet.  That being said 2 different customers in TX (with grips that don't do well with silicone) found that swapping 2 of our gloves throughout a round was the equivalent of 4 or more leather gloves they usually swap in a humid round.  

Edited by CaddyDaddy

9 hours ago, CaddyDaddy said:

The silicone strips on our gloves are similar to receiver gloves but not quite a sticky.  We've found the majority of golf grips work really well with the silicone we use wet or dry.  So far we've only found 3 grip models (2 from Golf Pride) that don't stick well to silicone when wet.  That being said 2 different customers in TX (with grips that don't do well with silicone) found that swapping 2 of our gloves throughout a round was the equivalent of 4 or more leather gloves they usually swap in a humid round.  

Wow, that's interesting! Thanks for the reply! How do they do with cord grips? I play the Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cord Grip and they seem to be a little harder on gloves than other grips.

Just now, ILove2Golf123 said:

Wow, that's interesting! Thanks for the reply! How do they do with cord grips? I play the Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cord Grip and they seem to be a little harder on gloves than other grips.

You have 1 of the 3 grips (we’ve tested) that don’t do well with silicone when wet.  When dry, our gloves will grip better than leather for a lot more rounds.

6 minutes ago, CaddyDaddy said:

You have 1 of the 3 grips (we’ve tested) that don’t do well with silicone when wet.  When dry, our gloves will grip better than leather for a lot more rounds.

Yeah, I had a hunch that the tour velvet cord might be one of the ones that didn't do well. I'm guessing the golf pride z-cord grip didn't do well either? I think I will give your glove a shot regardless though. Do you guys have any information about how well it holds up in regards to lifespan with other gloves?

1 minute ago, ILove2Golf123 said:

Yeah, I had a hunch that the tour velvet cord might be one of the ones that didn't do well. I'm guessing the golf pride z-cord grip didn't do well either? I think I will give your glove a shot regardless though. Do you guys have any information about how well it holds up in regards to lifespan with other gloves?

Not sure about the z-cord grips.  Most players are getting a minimum of 30 + rounds and practice with our gloves before they see any kind of wear on the palm.  Since they’re machine washable they can be brightened up with some oxy-clean too.  

Between our testing and customer reviews we’re seeing our gloves lasting 3-5 times longer than competitors.  

There’s also a bunch of non-paid media reviews on our website if you want to check those out.  Thanks!

2 minutes ago, CaddyDaddy said:

Not sure about the z-cord grips.  Most players are getting a minimum of 30 + rounds and practice with our gloves before they see any kind of wear on the palm.  Since they’re machine washable they can be brightened up with some oxy-clean too.  

Between our testing and customer reviews we’re seeing our gloves lasting 3-5 times longer than competitors.  

There’s also a bunch of non-paid media reviews on our website if you want to check those out.  Thanks!

Wow, that type of lifespan is a huge bonus. I play a lot and beat balls everyday so durability is a big consideration for me. Thanks again for the responses!!!

Just now, ILove2Golf123 said:

Wow, that type of lifespan is a huge bonus. I play a lot and beat balls everyday so durability is a big consideration for me. Thanks again for the responses!!!

You bet.  Our gloves run larger for some due to the top hand mesh so please check size chart on our site.  We offer free size exchanges if needed.  

• 3 months later...