The Stack System

Max21

On 6/4/2023 at 10:36 PM, Dan Drake said:

I'm with @Sbush22 here.  Train for speed with the understanding that technique will (and probably should) suffer, or else you aren't going fast enough.  Then, when you decide to take a break from speed training, train for technique with the understanding that you will probably lose some speed.  

"If everything feels smooth and in control, you're not going fast enough."

Emmerson Fittipaldi. 

• Like 1

Correct! @hammersia

I think some have issues separating that. Only way to force your body to adapt is to introduce a stimulus. Once you start worrying about technique and thinking I see my speed drop off during sets. Just rip it as fast as possible and hang on for dear life! 

I have started to introduce some face spray/face tape to separately work on strike in separate practice sessions as well as adding in some speed priming sessions or just saving last 10-20 balls to rip as hard as possible. I also work on technique in completely different sessions. 

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

Tour Edge CBX 119 16.5 Atmos Black 8X

Maverick Pro 3H Atmos Black 9X

Mizuno MP 18 4-PW KBS C Taper 130X

SM6 50*/54* KBS C Taper 130X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

3 hours ago, hammersia said:

"If everything feels smooth and in control, you're not going fast enough."

Emmerson Fittipaldi. 

So, I got a little bit off balance during last night's session right after changing weights, dropping down 100g or so.  Forgetting about the weight difference and resulting speed difference created a very interesting result.  I fell tail-over-tea kettle and had to use what little athletic ability I have left to land somewhat softly in my grass as opposed to smashing skin & bone on the concrete pad where I do my sessions.  

Mr. Fittipaldi should be proud!

AI Smoke TD 9° w/HZRDUS Yellow

Epic Flash 12.5° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

Epic Flash 20° w/VS Proto 
'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

MD2 47° & 52° + PM 1.0 58° & 64° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

The stack system just arrived. But I played 54 holes a couple of days ago and need to rest my side. My lats are killing me. 😂

Question: will it benefit someone with 75-82mph swing speed currently? Like, what if someone’s swing isn’t optimal? A swing with some incorrect moves? 

I will say that I played with it a little bit today. No weights in it. First swing was 75. Last one was 92. I didn’t expect to be anywhere near that, but it was unweighted. 

Excited to start this in a week or two once I’ve recovered. Thanks!

I took a 2 week break because I hurt my knee doing Fit For Golf. After a week back, I broke my 195g record even though my knee is still pretty bad, which is weird.

FFG is a good program IMO, but be very careful with the ballistic stuff like jumps if you're getting on in years or injury-prone. I've torn a meniscus, sprained a ligament, got a Baker's cyst and bone bruising for my troubles.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, sjones130 said:

The stack system just arrived. But I played 54 holes a couple of days ago and need to rest my side. My lats are killing me. 😂

Question: will it benefit someone with 75-82mph swing speed currently? Like, what if someone’s swing isn’t optimal? A swing with some incorrect moves? 

I will say that I played with it a little bit today. No weights in it. First swing was 75. Last one was 92. I didn’t expect to be anywhere near that, but it was unweighted. 

Excited to start this in a week or two once I’ve recovered. Thanks!

I think depending on physical abilities you would have a ton of untapped potential. There are tons of reviews on the site you can read through of people going from low 80’s to higher end 90’s with ease. Program tweaks everything to your inputs and is a great tool! 

• Like 1

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

Update: I am going to take a little time off as I have developed some very painful nagging pain in ligaments of both two middle fingers. In the meantime I am going to keep doing some impromptu speed sessions with driver with and without ball and focus on cleaning up mechanics while continuing to build at the gym. I think hand pain mixed with tendencies to lift trail foot to early at times has capped me at current levels. 

I did hit 128 (no ball) and broke my 180 ball speed goal (184.2) from starting at swinging 117 tops a few months ago. 

I will let my father in law borrow it to run a program while I heal up and come back to try and hit my next goal of 130 mph. 

I will still be cheering everyone on! 

IMG_3096.jpeg

IMG_3095.jpeg

• Like 2

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

5 hours ago, rodinho said:

I'm sure this has been asked already, but can someone tell me if I activate the serial # of a 2nd hand stack, will it still work for me? I am picking one up tomorrow from someone local. 

Thanks

You should be fine. It states on the FAQ each serial # can be registered multiple times. I just dropped off mine to my father in law and he had no issue using same serial and signing up and mine is still active and I can still access everything, putting BETA, and past stats. 

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

5 hours ago, Jlocke22 said:

You should be fine. It states on the FAQ each serial # can be registered multiple times. I just dropped off mine to my father in law and he had no issue using same serial and signing up and mine is still active and I can still access everything, putting BETA, and past stats. 

Awesome. Thank you!

Wow. This s*** works. I’ve added 30 yards to my drives and it has only been a week. That’s not due to added speed but just technique. 

I tore my shoulder last September and I’m still struggling with it. But the stack system let me see a bunch of issues with my swing that I was able to address this week. I wasn’t rotating enough in the backswing.    

I’m excited to see how well I’m hitting it once I’ve added speed as well. 

One example: I’m usually 135 yards out on #12 at Wakefield. Today I was just 68 after my drive. And I managed to dunk it for an eagle which was awesome. Glad there were witnesses.  😂

• Like 3

So, due to a little bit of life happening, I have taken about a week and half off since my last Stack session, both righty & lefty.  The good news though is that my lefty golf outing went pretty well, all things considered.  I will finish my lefty protocol and then put that to bed for a while, working on some technique and then do more speed training before next year's get together.  

The even better news is that I played righty for the first time in a month yesterday and I played horribly!!!!  I flew 6 greens yesterday while taking less club that I ever would have before, including flying the #10 green here at CCS in 2 from 195 uphill with a 7i.  FWIW, my old "stock" yardage with the same 7i was 170.............

Stack System FTW!

• Like 3

'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

I think people claiming 30 yards in a week is complete garbage. If anything, they improved technique without actual speed. I’ve been doing stack for 4 months consistently, foundations and neural drive and gained maybe 1mph to my driver swing speed.  

I don’t know wtf is wrong with me or everyone is FOS. I’m 34 yo healthy male, exercise everyday and a 10 hcp, mechanics look fine but clearly speed is not it. Only getting 92-94 mph driver 

Edited by PAndaemonium89

17 minutes ago, PAndaemonium89 said:

I think people claiming 30 yards in a week is complete garbage. If anything, they improved technique without actual speed. I’ve been doing stack for 4 months consistently, foundations and neural drive and gained maybe 1mph to my driver swing speed.  

I don’t know wtf is wrong with me or everyone is FOS. I’m 34 yo healthy male, exercise everyday and a 10 hcp, mechanics look fine but clearly speed is not it. Only getting 92-94 mph driver 

I don’t think it’s garbage when people gain 30 yds in a week, but I do agree that the people that do that are either improving technique or increasing their intent significantly. The people that do this probably swung smooth and controlled and now going after it. This is a lot of what speed training is about. Getting used to swinging harder so it doesn’t feel like you’re swinging hard on the course. 

Stick with it man. Stay consistent and make sure to go 100% on every swing. Going 95% will do no good. Try some different techniques like lifting your lead heel, faster backswing, timing of weight shift, increasing lag etc. speed will come!

27 minutes ago, PAndaemonium89 said:

If you are 34 and fit, there’s absolutely no reason why you can’t hit 100. You have a technique issue. You may not see it, but it’s there. 

7 hours ago, PAndaemonium89 said:

I think this speed stuff is a bell curve like so much else, you have the meat in the middle then the guys who get crazy gains on one end and the hard gainers on the other end.

I have also gained very slowly but I have gained by sticking to it. Foundation fractionally moved the needle then I also did neural drive next and gained a tiny bit more and now I'm in my second full speed spectrum and it's up a bit again.

Nothing dramatic week to week or month to month but over 7 months it has added up.

8 hours ago, PAndaemonium89 said:

I’ve worked with top pros of my state and only thing they said was get my arms down faster. About as fast as I can go. Weight transfer is great. I keep a 24/8 tempo which is faster than the average person. I’m just not fast. 

Get the tour tempo app and practice with the 18/6 tone with your driver. You have to make sure you still get a full backswing but it will force you to speed up everything. 

Klye Berkshire is has a tempo even fast than that. 

3 minutes ago, airjammer said:

Get the tour tempo app and practice with the 18/6 tone with your driver. You have to make sure you still get a full backswing but it will force you to speed up everything. 

Klye Berkshire is has a tempo even fast than that. 

Just started stack recently, and probably like some I realized I could increase my speed by increasing my backswing tempo. For me I was going too slow - especially to start. I wasn't "swinging with intent" or whatever the quote is. I've taken that change to the course and have experienced some noticeable gains, but they are not due to the training, but rather an adjustment in my tempo and intent. However, it took some stack work to allow me to quantify and understand it better.

I'm 60 with a 13 HC who plays weekly since last fall, but after taking 10+ years off from playing more than a few times a year I noticed my distance was down. That led me here...

I will look into tempo work now. 

Cheers

On 6/22/2023 at 6:02 AM, PAndaemonium89 said:

I’ve worked with top pros of my state and only thing they said was get my arms down faster. About as fast as I can go. Weight transfer is great. I keep a 24/8 tempo which is faster than the average person. I’m just not fast. 

Could also be just muscles not producing force quick enough. Plenty of studies and resources online but I am/was in that category of “slow power lifter”. Could max pull 500 lbs deadlift, squat 400+, and bench 300+ with pretty solid mechanics (played in college once upon a time - 33 years old now). However, couldn’t jump, hop, skip, sprint, change direction worth a crap. 

First program with Stack went from 117-128 mph. During that time I also added weighted vertical jumps, split squat jumps, Heavy weighted/max force 1/4 squats, jumping split squat landmine throws, med ball throws/slams, broad jumps, one legged hops, and some others to programming that were more max force/intent focused and it worked. I feel more athletic and springy and went hand in hand with Stack jumps in mph. 

I may not have increased my max force at all but worked on developing/increasing my rate of force. Not saying that is your issue but wanted to throw it out there as it was one of my weak links that helped a ton. 

Edited by Jlocke22
  • Like 2

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

On 6/23/2023 at 9:18 AM, Jlocke22 said:

Could also be just muscles not producing force quick enough. Plenty of studies and resources online but I am/was in that category of “slow power lifter”. Could max pull 500 lbs deadlift, squat 400+, and bench 300+ with pretty solid mechanics (played in college once upon a time - 33 years old now). However, couldn’t jump, hop, skip, sprint, change direction worth a crap. 

First program with Stack went from 117-128 mph. During that time I also added weighted vertical jumps, split squat jumps, Heavy weighted/max force 1/4 squats, jumping split squat landmine throws, med ball throws/slams, broad jumps, one legged hops, and some others to programming that were more max force/intent focused and it worked. I feel more athletic and springy and went hand in hand with Stack jumps in mph. 

I may not have increased my max force at all but worked on developing/increasing my rate of force. Not saying that is your issue but wanted to throw it out there as it was one of my weak links that helped a ton. 

you’re not wrong. I’m fit but not in right places. I don’t do explosive lifts or box jumps due to hx of back problems with vertical forces. I should probably do more of those. 

I’ve just managed to pick up a stack very cheaply off someone I know.

Obviously it’s the middle of the season and I don’t want to make myself too tired for golf, is there any program I could do in season without having done another program, or do I have to start with the foundation program?  

In the Bag

Driver - 2017 Taylormade M1 460

3W - Titleist TS3 14.25º

Srixon ZX-U 18° Iron bent 1° weak - KBS Tour Prototype Hybrid 85g

Irons - Taylormade P770 - N.S. PRO Modus³ Tour 120, 2º flat

Wedges - 50° Vokey SM7, 54° Vokey SM7, 60° TM HiToe/60° Callaway MD3 PM Grind

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Just now, xreyuk said:

I’ve just managed to pick up a stack very cheaply off someone I know.

Obviously it’s the middle of the season and I don’t want to make myself too tired for golf, is there any program I could do in season without having done another program, or do I have to start with the foundation program?  

There are a lot of programs, and it's just about 15 minutes three times a week. Start with Foundation (IIRC) and then do an in-season training program.

It's built to use in-season. People generally slowly slide back when they don't stay on the Stack training programs after a little while.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Erik J. Barzeski | Erie, PA

GEARS • GCQuad MAX/FlightScope • SwingCatalyst/BodiTrak

I like the truth and facts. I don't deal in magic grits: 29. #FeelAintReal

"Golf is the only game in which a precise knowledge of the rules can earn one a reputation for bad sportsmanship." — Pat Campbell

I think I know the answer to this, but my driver swings using a PRGR without a ball are around 15mph slower vs using a trackman with a ball.

On trackman I’m about 102-105mph, on the PRGR without a ball it’s between 85-95.

Is this normal? 

I’ve set the reminder for the first go, it says complete on the 29th before 18 to keep maximim grit, does this mean before 18:00?

cheers!

In the Bag

Driver - 2017 Taylormade M1 460

3W - Titleist TS3 14.25º

Srixon ZX-U 18° Iron bent 1° weak - KBS Tour Prototype Hybrid 85g

Irons - Taylormade P770 - N.S. PRO Modus³ Tour 120, 2º flat

Wedges - 50° Vokey SM7, 54° Vokey SM7, 60° TM HiToe/60° Callaway MD3 PM Grind

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

So I just realized there is a baseball and golf mode on the blue SSR. I was increasingly frustrated why my speed was 10mph slower than previous sessions, ready to throw into trash. Apparently last session at least was on baseball mode, will try next session and see how things equalize. 

not sure what makes it different when swinging the stack

On 6/26/2023 at 1:42 PM, xreyuk said:

I think I know the answer to this, but my driver swings using a PRGR without a ball are around 15mph slower vs using a trackman with a ball.

On trackman I’m about 102-105mph, on the PRGR without a ball it’s between 85-95.

Is this normal? 

I’ve set the reminder for the first go, it says complete on the 29th before 18 to keep maximim grit, does this mean before 18:00?

cheers!

That seems odd. Mine is very similar 

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

So I'm officially back on the horse again!  These last 3 weeks have been loaded with parents in town visiting, golf trip with the fellas, wife out of town, new job, and now holiday weekends, so my grit is non-existent, but I'm back in the saddle starting yesterday.  Some numbers were down a smidge, most were right back to where I was, and I think I had one swing that was a single-swing record at 80g (121mph). 

I can't quite seem to get a full set of max 195g at 110mph, even though I can get single swings at that number.  I'm happy with that though, as I started at 98mph at 195g and it feels like I have already EASILY surpassed my fastest speeds ever, even considering what I was probably swinging at in my late teens/early 20's.  It is 100% safe to say I am significantly longer right now, at 45yrs old and physically beat up, than at any other point in my life and I'm only going to get faster!

Speaking of "physically," the 1st half of 2023 has gotten me within ~3mph of the necessary speed for my 185mph ball-speed goal, but the weight loss portion hasn't gone anywhere near as well.  5 months of pitiful attention to my weight has resulted in a loss of 5lbs (as of 6/30/23) from my starting weight of 221lbs towards my other 185 goal for the year.  So my wife and I are going all in with real intention and using a diet that we both used back when we owned a fitness center.  I know this program works for me, and I've even suckered two of my co-worker/peers into joining the "competition" for some added accountability.  

185/185 in '23!

(also, is a '23 Apex CB/MB combo set in my near future?  Those leaked photos make me feel things.........)

'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG