The Stack System

Max21

Six months in of consistent work with the Stack.  Been doing it every 2 to 3 days.  

I started at 107 driver clubhead speed --> I am now 112 espeed.  I have reached 115 chs and 173 ball speed with an all out max driver swing with a ball.  Before I started this I was low 160s ball speed and 106 chs.  

I am stuck for a few months now at 104 chs with the 195g for a single rep and 103 set chs.  Feels like a frustrating plateau.  

Trying to focus on setting personal bests at whatever weight I can take it during each session and having some faith that I will break through the plateau again.  

Gains are definitely slow coming at this point.  I did foundations (start 107 and end 110); full speed spectrum (start 110 and end 111); and about halfway through full speed spectrum again, which is what the AI also recommended (started 111 and currently 112).

Any thoughts?

Been finding it tough to fit in playing/practicing 2 to 4 times a week.

On the Subpar Podcast out Tuesday this week, Marty Jertson said Fitzpatrick was religious about the Stack for about 1.5 years straight and went from low 160s ball speed to cruising in the low 180s.

• Like 2

Current WITB:

Titleist TSR3 9.5 - Ventus Velocore Black 6X / Tensei 1K Black 6TX

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 3+ - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 7X

Taylor Made UDI 2 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

Taylor Made P790 3 and 4 - KBS C-Taper 120S

Taylor Made P760 5-PW - KBS C-Taper 120S

Callaway MD5 Jaws 52.12 W and 58.12 X - DG 115 Wedge

Toulon Las Vegas 2022 - Stroke Lab 34"

On 7/6/2023 at 9:55 AM, darom86 said:

Six months in of consistent work with the Stack.  Been doing it every 2 to 3 days.  

I started at 107 driver clubhead speed --> I am now 112 espeed.  I have reached 115 chs and 173 ball speed with an all out max driver swing with a ball.  Before I started this I was low 160s ball speed and 106 chs.  

I am stuck for a few months now at 104 chs with the 195g for a single rep and 103 set chs.  Feels like a frustrating plateau.  

Trying to focus on setting personal bests at whatever weight I can take it during each session and having some faith that I will break through the plateau again.  

Gains are definitely slow coming at this point.  I did foundations (start 107 and end 110); full speed spectrum (start 110 and end 111); and about halfway through full speed spectrum again, which is what the AI also recommended (started 111 and currently 112).

Any thoughts?

Been finding it tough to fit in playing/practicing 2 to 4 times a week.

On the Subpar Podcast out Tuesday this week, Marty Jertson said Fitzpatrick was religious about the Stack for about 1.5 years straight and went from low 160s ball speed to cruising in the low 180s.

Tough to say as I think we all experience that plateau at some level. Would be tough without knowing your workouts, swing intentions, fitness, etc. 

Maybe try and add more stimulus, movement, or intention (if possible) with the swing to experiment. Maybe a bigger heel lift, turn, hand path, a slight push of club forward before you take it back or something to work on creating more stimulus. 

Braking swing drills gave me a small boost when I added those in. 

could try some sequencing type drills (ie Dr. Kwon on YouTube) 

Easy additional workout things could be golf style banded isometrics (holding swing positions with heavy bands) plenty of things online but may be able to squeeze out a little more strength from a weak spot. Possibly some med ball throws or weighted jumps. 

Could also add more swings overall away from stack for speed such as step swings with iron or driver after stack session for additional volume. 

Just a few possible ideas. 

• Like 1

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

Tour Edge CBX 119 16.5 Atmos Black 8X

Maverick Pro 3H Atmos Black 9X

Mizuno MP 18 4-PW KBS C Taper 130X

SM6 50*/54* KBS C Taper 130X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

@darom86 - another idea I had was to possibly look into your percentile rankings and adding in extra volume on swingweights you are lacking in % wise compared to the rest and/or more volume at higher speeds vs 195g.... 

I'm excited to get back at it as I have been on a break the last 4-6 weeks due to some hand/finger tendon pain. Been keeping up gym work and focusing on a few weak points plus a few driver sessions a week for speed and also separate contact/strike sessions. Hoping to keep as much speed as possible and hopefully blast through my previous plateau. 

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

Just wanted to share my experience for the older and slower swingers out there.

Halfway through foundations and seeing an uptick. Some is probably just learning to swing faster. Results from Arccos data across 19 rounds this year show my average drive up from below 200 yards to yesterday 242 - and that's averaging in two drives under 200 yards. My swing speed measured during a fitting earlier in the year was 84-86mph and a fitting 2-weeks ago was 94-96mph so the data supports me swinging faster. Both on trackman.

I think some of this is me allowing myself to swing with intent and not being afraid to push the swing speed. I think I also realized I was placing to much on control at the expense of swing speed. Some may be equipment. Some may be courses drying up and allow more roll, but definitely benefitting from the program.

Me: 60 year old; 13.0 HC; weekly player (mar-october); just started playing weekly again this year after only a few rounds per year for the last 14 years and realized I lost a lot of distance... Played as low as 5.7HC between 2004-2009 but averaged about 10HC.

image.png.b2fb7069dbd954848c4e7ae5deae9a41.png

• Like 4

15 hours ago, GolfTurkey said:

PB’s of 111 for 195g, 105 for 240g and 123 for 80g today.

Seems that gains eventually come if you stick to the program, even if you are old and injured. 

I can attest to the 2nd paragraph here.  

On all counts.

AI Smoke TD 9° w/HZRDUS Yellow

Epic Flash 12.5° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

Epic Flash 20° w/VS Proto 
'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

MD2 47° & 52° + PM 1.0 58° & 64° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

38 minutes ago, Spinedoc2304 said:

Hey everyone!

I’m about to order The Stack System. 
Quick question. If I use mid size grips on all my clubs, should I install a mid size grip on the Stack?

Thanks

Nick

Quite honestly, I wouldn’t think you’d need to in order to get gains. However, to maximize transfer from the Stack to your game, I think it makes sense. I think your grip size might change release technique and how you swing. For an extra $10, it seems worth it. 

Feel free to use my discount code below to get $50 off. 

https://thestacksystem.com/cart/37666159231170:1?discount=I2Ze57jQV2QH2c9HLrriWNtawxl2

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spinedoc2304 said:

Hey everyone!

I’m about to order The Stack System. 
Quick question. If I use mid size grips on all my clubs, should I install a mid size grip on the Stack?

Thanks

Nick

Yes I would use the same grip on the stack as your regular clubs. To me it makes no sense to use a different grip. I had mine regripped with a ndmc +4 to match my clubs 

Update: Father-in-law borrowed it to run foundations and he is half-way through. He is 60 years old tomorrow and started at 88 mph SS and up to 95 mph through 10 sessions.

I have been maintaining gym sessions and speed sessions a few times a week with driver only and seems speed is staying with me.

I finally had a shaft fitting last week to try and optimize everything further and landed on the Ventus Black 6x. All my "cruising" swings were at 120.4 mph to 121.2 mph  (the highest that has ever been by far) and hit it at the beginning, middle, and end of the session with ball speed hovering between 177-180.5

Looking forward to getting The Stack back from my father in law and try and try and push everything even higher. 

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

I cant say this enough - especially for guys who are plateauing - but you absolutely HAVE to work rest days into your program. Multiple in a row if you are sore. I see guys flatlining and people saying to hit the weights or do more squats or...whatever. Also just try a couple of rest days. Speed training is no joke and your body needs time to recover from it.

I took the PRGR out to the course yesterday and with minimal training in the last few months my on course speed has settled around 110. I ended last season at 104.

• Like 2

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

I just finished my second program. I started using the Stack in April. My swing speed was 100. I’m now comfortably swinging at 109. 

Unfortunately, Monday, I am getting a partial knee replacement for my right knee and won’t be swinging for quite a few weeks. I’m hoping when I’m healed and pain free, I’ll be able to build on this foundation I started. I think the Stack will be a great rehab tool for me to test my knee out. 

My hope is that my repaired knee in the long run will let me pick up a little more speed since I will actually be able to load into it without any pain. We shall see. 

I will continue to follow along this thread and live vicariously through the gains that you all are making. 👊

• Like 4

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5 w/Evenflow Riptide CB X-Stiff 
Cobra F8+ 14.5* Rouge Silver X-Stiff

Cobra F8+ 18* Rouge Silver X-Stiff
Srxion 4-6 ZX5 irons, ZX7 7-PW irons w/PX LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50, 54, 58 x/PX LZ 6.0
Sik Flo or Sik DW or Edel or SGC Norwood 

How are you guys managing rest periods, stack workouts, and playing multiple rounds close together during a week. So I stacked Friday, played Sunday, then played yesterday.

Should I have squeezed in the workout Tuesday?

Should I give myself today to rest before stacking again, which will put me too many days between sessions?

Thanks

I think if you pass the warmup "speed" test you should be fine to go. There have been a few times I didn't feel 100% but did great speed wise and some days where I dragged myself out there and couldn't pass the initial speed certify test and just stopped and tried again later in the week. No sense to injure yourself, the goal is to create a stimulus, no sense in using the Stack that day if you can create a stimulus. 

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

32 minutes ago, Jlocke22 said:

I think if you pass the warmup "speed" test you should be fine to go. There have been a few times I didn't feel 100% but did great speed wise and some days where I dragged myself out there and couldn't pass the initial speed certify test and just stopped and tried again later in the week. No sense to injure yourself, the goal is to create a stimulus, no sense in using the Stack that day if you can create a stimulus. 

Thanks for the reply and it makes sense. I'm still doing the warmups prior to a session since the speed test was near my current max speed when I tried early on. Went ahead and did it today to keep it going, but numbers were a little lower. 

Was curious how others were handling it.

10 hours ago, fsusp said:

I just finished my second program. I started using the Stack in April. My swing speed was 100. I’m now comfortably swinging at 109. 

Unfortunately, Monday, I am getting a partial knee replacement for my right knee and won’t be swinging for quite a few weeks. I’m hoping when I’m healed and pain free, I’ll be able to build on this foundation I started. I think the Stack will be a great rehab tool for me to test my knee out. 

My hope is that my repaired knee in the long run will let me pick up a little more speed since I will actually be able to load into it without any pain. We shall see. 

I will continue to follow along this thread and live vicariously through the gains that you all are making. 👊

All the best for your surgery. Get well soon!

• Like 2

I did my progress check and pleasantly surprised by the gains considering I’ve had some real lows during the program. I have a feeling the SSR is very sensitive to placement and may not be getting the most accurate representation of progress. 

not sure where I pulled out those numbers, but here they are.

it also recommended neural OVERDRIVE. Anybody do this one? Sasho recommended cruiser because of my mid program peaks.

IMG_0290.png

IMG_0291.png

So I started my second program, the suggested Full Speed Spectrum.  Here's the full progress so far:

All are eSpeed

1st baseline 4/21 - 112mph

1st session of Foundation 4/23 - 109mph

Final session of Foundation 7/5 - 119mph

1st session of Full Speed Spectrum 7/26 - 124mph (apparently "Kickstart my Heart" by Motley Crue is my speed training song, glad I know that now!!!!!!!!!!!!)

As I've stated before, my 2023 goals are 185mph ball speed & 185lbs.  I want to hit both of those numbers at least once this calendar year.  185mph ball speed = 123.3mph x 1.5 smash.  I can't believe that I'm already on the cusp of that number.  Just wow and I owe it to the Stack System for sure.  I've always known I could generate "force," but never felt like it made it down to the clubhead very efficiently.  Basically, effort did NOT equal speed.  

Now it does, and boy is it a BLAST!!!!!!

FWIW I haven't done a single full swing lesson, I'm still much heavier than I would like, and I think I've completed about 2 whole workouts this year.  So, while I'm disappointed in my progress towards my weight loss goal for the year, it is stupidly exciting knowing where I'm at right now speed-wise and that I can still get faster with the combination of speed training, exercise, and losing weight.  Could I possibly get to a point where I'm at 130mph when training and cruising on course in the low/mid 120's?  That would be unbelievable.

If this thread hasn't convinced you, I don't know what will.  And I'm in no way connected with the product.  I'm middle-aged, 30lbs overweight, have had back surgery already, have two janky knees, both shoulders snap, crackle, & pop like they are the Rice Crispy Treat characters, and there's even a touch of golfer's elbow going on in both elbows.  And yet there it is, 10% gain in 3 months.  

If you ain't Stackin', then you are slackin'!!!!!!

Edited by Dan Drake
  • Like 3

AI Smoke TD 9° w/HZRDUS Yellow

Epic Flash 12.5° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

Epic Flash 20° w/VS Proto 
'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

MD2 47° & 52° + PM 1.0 58° & 64° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

@Dan Drake Get it man! I had great results with Full Speed Spectrum. I think your Ball Speed goal will be quicker than you think. Before I took my break to heal hands a bit I was at 128 mph on Stack and floating right at 123 maxed out on ball (123.8 was highest). 

• Like 2

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

Half way through the foundation program, seeing some great speed gains and for the first time I finally feel like I understand what a fast swing is supposed to feel like. The main issue I have when I attempt to try to apply it the driver is I believe my driver swing is too steep and causing my hits to be sky high (in the 140-170 peak height range) and way too much spin on the ball. Anyone else have this issue or have any tips?

• 3 weeks later...

How would I know if the stack system is hurting my on course swing? I’ve seen some good gains using the stack, but my last round was a ball striking nightmare. 

My usual miss off the tee is a swiped fade/slice, but I had the two way miss going off the tee with some snap hooks and slices. I also had some long irons where I hit horrible push slices. 

I had a bad range session as well, which is rare. Is there a telltale sign to know if it can be due to speed training? Or could it become a shaft/equipment issue with higher speeds?

Just finished up neural drive. Didn't make crazy gains across the different weights and my grit score wasn't that great during this program for various summer reasons.

195g went from 97 to 99. 280g went down from 90mph to 89mph. 145g stayed the same. 95g went from 102 to 109. Pretty sporadic.

But most importantly driver went from 103 to 108! I'll take it. 

Onto Full Speed Spectrum next.

• Like 1

I’ve only gotten serious at golf the last couple years, but very much so the past 7 months. I didn’t really start until near the end of my college baseball career. I used to have a swing speed in the low 120’s and could drive a few holes at my local course (although I was terrible at golf). I didn’t play for 8 years or so then picked back up. Fast forward from my mid 20’s to now 41 yo and last year just thought age had caught me, dropped to stiff driver shaft for the first time ever. I probably averaged around 260 off the tee getting a little more here or there. 

A few weeks back I bought the stack. Obviously this is supposed to be a long term training tool. For me, swinging on a radar and trying to attain speed instantly had me getting more width and more rotation. Attached are my first 3 foundation sessions. I’ve played a few rounds and have hit multiple drives over 305 and I’m averaging around 280 I’d guess. No doubt I’ll plateau unless I commit more to strength training. Nonetheless this program will keep me watching my speed and training to keep it. I’m stoked.IMG_4549.png.86779654597533eaf3c081e95a60933d.png

IMG_4550.png.9f8b92bee06a3fcd2b886dd3dc035aa7.png

Edited by Bar_Stroll
  • Like 2

On 8/19/2023 at 5:05 PM, Bar_Stroll said:

I’ve only gotten serious at golf the last couple years, but very much so the past 7 months. I didn’t really start until near the end of my college baseball career. I used to have a swing speed in the low 120’s and could drive a few holes at my local course (although I was terrible at golf). I didn’t play for 8 years or so then picked back up. Fast forward from my mid 20’s to now 41 yo and last year just thought age had caught me, dropped to stiff driver shaft for the first time ever. I probably averaged around 260 off the tee getting a little more here or there. 

A few weeks back I bought the stack. Obviously this is supposed to be a long term training tool. For me, swinging on a radar and trying to attain speed instantly had me getting more width and more rotation. Attached are my first 3 foundation sessions. I’ve played a few rounds and have hit multiple drives over 305 and I’m averaging around 280 I’d guess. No doubt I’ll plateau unless I commit more to strength training. Nonetheless this program will keep me watching my speed and training to keep it. I’m stoked.IMG_4549.png.86779654597533eaf3c081e95a60933d.png

IMG_4550.png.9f8b92bee06a3fcd2b886dd3dc035aa7.png

That's awesome to hear man! I look forward to watching the rest of the progress and into other programs that can unlock more! 

• Thanks 1

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2