SIK Putters

Pkcpga

I've had my Pro C since 2016 and it's the single best golf club I've ever purchased.  I did the full fitting at the old studio at OCN in Orlando.  I was using a Cameron Kombi up until that time and I have never considered a different putter in 5 years.  I get a lot of compliments on the look and feel of the putter and a couple people have purchased one after trying mine.

Putter.jpg

• Like 4

Titleist TSr2 10* Tensei 1K Black 65X
Titleist TSr2 15* Tensei White 75X 
Titleist Tsi 22* Tensei White 95X
Titleist T150 NS Pro 120 X 4-PW
Vokey SM9 50*, 54* and 60* TT DGS400
SIK Pro Custom

• 4 months later...

Anyone have a Flo with a swept neck? Trying to decide between that neck and the slant neck. Looking for opinion and photos if you got em!

Driver Taylormade Qi10

3W Ping G430 LST 5W Callaway Apex UW 

4i Mizuno Fli Hi 5-PW Ping Blueprint S

GW 50 Ping Glide 4.0 SW 56 Vokey S LW 62 Vokey M

Putters Kevin Burns 9306 Ball Titleist Pro V1

• 1 month later...

I always just ignored these due to their spokesperson but the local shop has the fitting equipment and I may just give it a try. He told me they are assembled is St. Petersburg not Orlando, does anyone know where they are actually located and can you go direct to them for the fitting, etc? 

I did roll the fitting heads and the DW 2.0 felt very good to me, a bit on the high side price wise but if it was really a good fit and the quality seems to there it would be a good investment.

• Like 1

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX Pro / CB  4-11 PX IO 5.5 

Callaway full toe 54* PX IO  6.5

Callaway full toe 58* PX IO 6.5

SLED # 1  35.5

• 3 weeks later...

Going to bump this one more time, has anyone gone though their fitting? If so is the fitting cost (looks like $150) applied to a purchase like some or is it a stand alone cost? 

I am interested in the fitting to direct build process, but as with all fittings it depends on the day and the fitter. Not doing the fitting outside on a real green is also asking for trouble as inside putting greens are at best iffy and sometimes rigged by design to funnel putts that would graze the hole to go in. The local shop that has a SIK fitting bag has a putting green that is tiny so no putts over about 10' are possible and that is only from one direction so not ideal at all.

Any feedback would be appreciated on their process / putters.

SLED # 1  35.5

Well I guess I know why no one here will talk about them, the CS sucks. No replies to emails or calls to the alledged fitter.

I was interested in getting a proper fitting and maybe giving the DW model a go if it fit, but I think I will just go buy a Mizuno M craft II and be done with it.

SLED # 1  35.5

They finally got back to me and the fitter they recommended is also the Tour rep so with the Florida Swing going on it makes sense he is busy with the Pros.  But it now makes me more interested as he must be pretty sharp if he is the tour rep. 

I am on the fence like a lot of folks about the value of a Putter fitting, the last one I had was a CC (5 years ago) and frankly I only missed a few putts with my own putter so he just tweaked mine (after I refused a over priced scotty he was pushing) making the lie flatter by 2* and the loft at 1*, it has worked well but with the back issues and aging I want to recheck the specs and see if things can be better.

SLED # 1  35.5

I have been rolling a SIK DW slant neck for about 7 rounds. I wasn't a SIK fan boy but had been looking for a putter that I could order with 3 sightlines. I like the look of the double wide putters and was really impressed with the custom options right on the order page without having to pay an arm and a leg. I was skeptical of the technology but after taking a couple other putters on the putting green to compare I did notice the distance control much more consistent with the SIK. With the 3 sightlines I find it much easier to line up and roll on my intended line. I went 52 holes without a 3 putt which for me is good and thats on winter greens. I really think you will be happy with the SIK unless you don't get along with heavier putters. Most of their putters are on the heavier side. I personally like a heavier putter. I think most people have a hard time spending over $400 on a putter unless it say Scotty Cameron on it. The SIK putters are just as nice as any higher end putters. The SIK has a slightly firmer feel than most higher end putters. Should feel pretty close to your Toulon. I found the Toulon a little firmer also. I posted pics of my putter in this thread: 

• Thanks 1

WITB
 Ping G425 Oban Kiyoshi White 65 stiff
Titleist TSR2+  Oban Kiyoshi White 65 stiff
Titleist TS3  18* set to C1 Oban Kiyoshi White 65 stiff
Callaway UW 21* Oban Kiyoshi white 75 stiff
Ping I210 5-UW Veylix arcane copper mod 1010
Edel SMS V grind  54* Accra SP Wedge 
Edel SMS V grind 58* Accra Hybrex Wedge
SiK DW 2.0 slant neck LA Golf Soho Green or Argolf Merlin Accra FX200 shaft
Titleist ProV1 Yellow

I put the OG stability on my Las Vegas and had a stability tour in a palm beach and honestly I don't think they have an actual effect on anything.

But I do seem to lag putt very well with it.

If it were really magic I would not be looking at a SIK I imagine.

But I will save it just in case..

SLED # 1  35.5

On 3/21/2022 at 8:25 PM, Jim53 said:

I put the OG stability on my Las Vegas and had a stability tour in a palm beach and honestly I don't think they have an actual effect on anything.

But I do seem to lag putt very well with it.

If it were really magic I would not be looking at a SIK I imagine.

But I will save it just in case..

Let us know if you end up going through the fitting at the headquarters.  I’m interested as well 

Headquarters say they do not do fittings, still waiting to hear from the orlando rep. Most likely abandoning this plan, too much B.S. just going to the new PGA SS and do it the old fashion way, try them and wing it.

SLED # 1  35.5

1 hour ago, Jim53 said:

Headquarters say they do not do fittings, still waiting to hear from the orlando rep. Most likely abandoning this plan, too much B.S. just going to the new PGA SS and do it the old fashion way, try them and wing it.

Wow that’s crazy.  I reached out to them last week to see if the fitting fee would be applied to the purchase (it’s not ).  They gave me the number to Greg Harrison (fitter / co foundry I believe ) . Is he the one who hasn’t responded to you ?

Yes, he is the tour rep also so I guess a busy person. Selling putters to average hacks most likely not at the top of his list of things to do. So the $150 fitting is in addtion to the $600 putter with no real value after the sale. 

Might as well try to find a dark finish Scotty, I won't buy the light finish ever again for some reason it stains real easy in my area even if I keep them oiled. Been though it 3 different times and swore off S.C. until I saw the dark finishes.

SLED # 1  35.5

On 3/21/2022 at 7:23 AM, VA golfer said:

I have been rolling a SIK DW slant neck for about 7 rounds. I wasn't a SIK fan boy but had been looking for a putter that I could order with 3 sightlines. I like the look of the double wide putters and was really impressed with the custom options right on the order page without having to pay an arm and a leg. I was skeptical of the technology but after taking a couple other putters on the putting green to compare I did notice the distance control much more consistent with the SIK. With the 3 sightlines I find it much easier to line up and roll on my intended line. I went 52 holes without a 3 putt which for me is good and thats on winter greens. I really think you will be happy with the SIK unless you don't get along with heavier putters. Most of their putters are on the heavier side. I personally like a heavier putter. I think most people have a hard time spending over $400 on a putter unless it say Scotty Cameron on it. The SIK putters are just as nice as any higher end putters. The SIK has a slightly firmer feel than most higher end putters. Should feel pretty close to your Toulon. I found the Toulon a little firmer also. I posted pics of my putter in this thread: 

This thing is beautiful!

Ha ha, still no contact from SIK. I am just going to wait and see how long it takes or if they do ever call to set up an appointment, even though at this point it is clearly a waste of time. 

I sent 3 emails and 2 phone calls and crickets, I guess I am just spoiled dealing with Callaway and getting responses in hours not days or weeks.

Being local to HQ it is even more baffling to me to not want to at least try to sell a Putter. Heck they have to pay the bills somehow you would think. Maybe carrying around BDC for a while has broken their spirit and bank account.

Of course I could just go on the website and buy one, but I was really curious to see if a fitting would show anything obvious that needed to be addressed and I do enjoy the process if it leads to actual results.

SLED # 1  35.5

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2022 at 7:17 PM, Jim53 said:

Ha ha, still no contact from SIK. I am just going to wait and see how long it takes or if they do ever call to set up an appointment, even though at this point it is clearly a waste of time. 

I sent 3 emails and 2 phone calls and crickets, I guess I am just spoiled dealing with Callaway and getting responses in hours not days or weeks.

Being local to HQ it is even more baffling to me to not want to at least try to sell a Putter. Heck they have to pay the bills somehow you would think. Maybe carrying around BDC for a while has broken their spirit and bank account.

Of course I could just go on the website and buy one, but I was really curious to see if a fitting would show anything obvious that needed to be addressed and I do enjoy the process if it leads to actual results.

Not sure if you had a chance to go for a putter fitting yet.  But I made the drive down to west palm to see Eric Dietrich. He teaches under Steven Sweeney who  teaches numerous pga tour players.  I would highly recommend him very detailed fitting / lesson using quintic.  Bend and adjust putters quickly swapped hosels sight lines etc.   

Nope I gave up, after numerous calls and emails to headquarters and the fitter in Orlando with no answers from the fitter ever well piss on them. 

If they cannot make any effort at all then they don't need my Business.

SLED # 1  35.5

On 5/21/2022 at 12:51 PM, Jim53 said:

Nope I gave up, after numerous calls and emails to headquarters and the fitter in Orlando with no answers from the fitter ever well piss on them. 

If they cannot make any effort at all then they don't need my Business.

Have you taken a look at evnroll yet?

Ping G430 LST 7.5 Ventus TR Black 7X

Ping G430 LST 3 wood Ventus TR Blue 8X

TM GAPR Lo 17° KBS Graphite X

Ping Blueprint S KBS C Taper S+

Ping S159 49/54/59

TT DG TI S400

Ping PLD 2D

8 hours ago, USMgolfer1 said:

Have you taken a look at evnroll yet?

Yeah I had one a couple of years ago, nice putters. Unfortunately still not the magic wand I need to make putts, I am starting to think it might be me not the putter..

SLED # 1  35.5

2 hours ago, Jim53 said:

Yeah I had one a couple of years ago, nice putters. Unfortunately still not the magic wand I need to make putts, I am starting to think it might be me not the putter..

I was looking into evnroll as well. I had an Edel putter that got stolen and might go through their fitting again. Highly recommend that too. Head shape, hosel, and alignment play a big factor in aim and they dial all of those in.

Ping G430 LST 7.5 Ventus TR Black 7X

Ping G430 LST 3 wood Ventus TR Blue 8X

TM GAPR Lo 17° KBS Graphite X

Ping Blueprint S KBS C Taper S+

Ping S159 49/54/59

TT DG TI S400

Ping PLD 2D

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2022 at 5:41 PM, Jim53 said:

Well I guess I know why no one here will talk about them, the CS sucks. No replies to emails or calls to the alledged fitter.

I was interested in getting a proper fitting and maybe giving the DW model a go if it fit, but I think I will just go buy a Mizuno M craft II and be done with it.

It's literally one guy doing things there. He's swamped. Take a xanax

• Haha 1