2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Adam Scott - WITB - 2021 CJ Cup at The Summit Club

GolfWRX_Spotted

5 hours ago, speeder757 said:

I guess you know better than the man playing the irons and the people who built them. Peace

Lol. Nope. If you read carefully I agreed with Him in the end and showed you that titleist has historically done this for players with their MBs.  This looks like their “ custom grind “ program all over again.

I’d be curious to see if other staffers get a set soon?   I’ll let you know.  

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

11 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Lol.   Read your posts on this and then re read mine.    You’ve gone from quoting Scott as saying “ they’re essentially the same as my 680s “ to now saying “they’re exact copies.” Which he did not say. 

now. If you read my posts you’ll notice I said a couple posts up that “ we’re splitting hairs , they’re likely a mix of both “.   I think that’s more similar to “ essentially the same “ than “ exact copy “ wouldn’t you say ?   I was attempting to partially agree with you. Even provided pics to explain that I didn’t mean the retail 681.   The set I have is listed by the usga and titleist as “ 681 Tour Proto “. I had to have the grooves tested to play them in their events.  They spoke to titleist to surmise their model etc. since there is no markings.   

so to summarize. I haven’t the foggiest idea why you have a bee in your bonnet. 

I mean, he basically did:

Scott indicated Titleist engineers took a different tack: They made CAD (computer-aided design) copies of his beloved 680s and CNC-machined what he called, “basically the same clubs.” 

“Thanks to technology,” he said, “they’re as exact a replica as you can get, but with the way they’ve been made, I could argue it’s a more solid head with a more solid strike. 

Edited by TLUBulldogGolf
  • Like 1

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15* Devotion HB 75-X
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

1 hour ago, TLUBulldogGolf said:

I mean, he basically did:

Scott indicated Titleist engineers took a different tack: They made CAD (computer-aided design) copies of his beloved 680s and CNC-machined what he called, “basically the same clubs.” 

“Thanks to technology,” he said, “they’re as exact a replica as you can get, but with the way they’ve been made, I could argue it’s a more solid head with a more solid strike. 

Ok.  I appreciate that info.  I hadn’t seen the quote that says they’re a machined head.  So. Checkout the two pics and tell me what you see ? The 3 iron is a retail 680 that I just soaked the paint fill out of.  So it’s virgin under that paint.  

next is this titleist Moto tour head that I believe these Irons closer mimic.  Look close.   See the milling Marks ?  See the difference in titleist forged font as far as width etc.  

then consider what Adam is saying.  He’s telling you that they are not just a 680 copy.  I mean the last part absolutely is what I was saying early.  I just am a very poor communicator.  My mistake was ever saying “ 681”.  When I say that I’m never meaning the retail head.  But that’s my fault.  I’m used to this set .  Entirely different animal.  

im done with this peeing contest.  I just wanted to try to show you what I meant. It’s not a 680 or a 681 in the retail sense.  It’s a tour proto that’s sort of a hybrid on steroids , built by the best method which is cost prohibitive for retail.  

my entire point was to cheer that they had reignited this program , and voice a hope for the ability to order a set (at a great cost ) through a moto program.  Not to ignite a peeing contest over which model it favors more.  

4C29B521-54A4-4AFE-B37C-50F0FC987332.jpeg

1D21C715-4579-4AD6-88EB-647119A494F7.jpeg

44719234-7229-44ED-BD0F-97434DCDD2FF.jpeg

16B11949-B669-43EB-BB20-5EB4E5D487B9.jpeg

531EB89A-466E-471C-9AD0-C01D3A198CE1.jpeg

• Like 2

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

10 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Ok.  I appreciate that info.  I hadn’t seen the quote that says they’re a machined head.  So. Checkout the two pics and tell me what you see ? The 3 iron is a retail 680 that I just soaked the paint fill out of.  So it’s virgin under that paint.  

next is this titleist Moto tour head that I believe these Irons closer mimic.  Look close.   See the milling Marks ?  See the difference in titleist forged font as far as width etc.  

then consider what Adam is saying.  He’s telling you that they are not just a 680 copy.  I mean the last part absolutely is what I was saying early.  I just am a very poor communicator.  My mistake was ever saying “ 681”.  When I say that I’m never meaning the retail head.  But that’s my fault.  I’m used to this set .  Entirely different animal.  

im done with this peeing contest.  I just wanted to try to show you what I meant. It’s not a 680 or a 681 in the retail sense.  It’s a tour proto that’s sort of a hybrid on steroids , built by the best method which is cost prohibitive for retail.  

my entire point was to cheer that they had reignited this program , and voice a hope for the ability to order a set (at a great cost ) through a moto program.  Not to ignite a peeing contest over which model it favors more.  

4C29B521-54A4-4AFE-B37C-50F0FC987332.jpeg

1D21C715-4579-4AD6-88EB-647119A494F7.jpeg

44719234-7229-44ED-BD0F-97434DCDD2FF.jpeg

16B11949-B669-43EB-BB20-5EB4E5D487B9.jpeg

531EB89A-466E-471C-9AD0-C01D3A198CE1.jpeg

Peeing contest? I just posted what AS said. Clearly they aren’t going to look like a retail head given how they were made. Who knows if anything is tweaked and why they didn’t just make another set given the recent re-release, seems like the buzz they are getting might be enough lol.

It would definitely be cool to get a set like these even if I prefer Mizuno feel, I’d guess that PXG milled would give an idea of cost (very expensive), in which case I’d rather get some comepletely custom NCW. It does make me wonder about future MBs from them, especially given the pause in releases.

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15* Devotion HB 75-X
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

9 minutes ago, TLUBulldogGolf said:

Peeing contest? I just posted what AS said. Clearly they aren’t going to look like a retail head given how they were made. Who knows if anything is tweaked and why they didn’t just make another set given the recent re-release, seems like the buzz they are getting might be enough lol.

It would definitely be cool to get a set like these even if I prefer Mizuno feel, I’d guess that PXG milled would give an idea of cost (very expensive), in which case I’d rather get some comepletely custom NCW. It does make me wonder about future MBs from them, especially given the pause in releases.

OMG! I’m not talking about you when referring to the peeing contest. The peeing contest happened in the post above maybe I should have just said misunderstanding?

All I’m saying is that to blanket call these the same as a retail 680 just does not make any sense. And as far as I know there aren’t any “tour issue “680 headS.  By that I mean heads that are different than retail with the 680 moniker.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

8 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

OMG! I’m not talking about you when referring to the peeing contest. The peeing contest happened in the post above maybe I should have just said misunderstanding?

All I’m saying is that to blanket call these the same as a retail 680 just does not make any sense. And as far as I know there aren’t any “tour issue “680 headS.  By that I mean heads that are different than retail with the 680 moniker.

Bro you just refuse to admit you’re wrong. You refuse to believe Titleist and you refuse to believe Adam Scott. Guy hasn’t changed irons in years and didn’t now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, speeder757 said:

Bro you just refuse to admit you’re wrong. You refuse to believe Titleist and you refuse to believe Adam Scott. Guy hasn’t changed irons in years and didn’t now

You can lead them to water folks but you can’t make them think. I’m out believe what you want

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock