Dewiz

i noticed a person using it on the driving range and wondering if  people here had any imput? I have noticed some pros wearing one on there wrist and it looks like a pretty good device for working on getting in the right position on your golf swing and to work on your tempo among other things.

Its pricy but anything to help.It is the dewiz.

Edited by Chazb
forgot to name it.

I finally bit the bullet and brought one (had been looking at it since last November). Its done wonders for my transition as I started out at a +7 and have worked my way down to between a +2 and +1. I haven't really worked on the tempo which is next but have been pairing it with a flightscope mevo to work on my wedge game as well. I will admit that it may take some time to get use to "learning your numbers" but once you understand it, it will definitely help lead you to achieving whatever swing goals you have.

i just had mine delivered Saturday and there is a learning curb but I agree the feedback you get it is very helpful but I still have a lot to learn to get the full potential out of the device.

I did one setting playing around and it shocked me pretty good.I wish there was a chart out there for every setting that gives you optimal settings that you could read off a chart IMO would be very helpful.

• 1 month later...

Can you use this while you play or is it required to stand on a flat lie for every shot? Any putting data or just wedge, iron, and wood swings?

TITLEIST TSR3 Ventus Black 6-X
TITLEIST TSi2 16.5* Ventus Black 8-X
TITLEIST U-505 3i Ventus Black 9-X
TITLEIST CP-03 4i Project X 6.5

TITLEIST CP-02 PW-5i Project X 6.5
Vokey SM9 50/54/58 Project X Wedge 6.5
SIK Flo 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2022 at 7:15 AM, deWiz Matt said:

@PLLand55 you can use deWiz on the course, on the range, indoors and even without hitting a ball. As for your second question, currently putting is not a part of the platform, however that is in development and coming down the road!

I doubt you can use this in tournament play. Certainly not anything that gives you a buzz if you've taken it back to far. I don't even think you could use this to check your tempo.  Maybe that wasn't the question.

On 9/12/2022 at 8:15 AM, deWiz Matt said:

@PLLand55 you can use deWiz on the course, on the range, indoors and even without hitting a ball. As for your second question, currently putting is not a part of the platform, however that is in development and coming down the road!

Would the new developments once final require a new Dewiz?  This is an interesting training aid that would be fun to try. 

22 hours ago, N2N2 said:

Would the new developments once final require a new Dewiz?  This is an interesting training aid that would be fun to try. 

No you would not need to get a new deWiz. Whenever we make enhancements, additions or updates to the product, it all comes via a firmware update within the app at no additional charge to you as the user!

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 2:28 PM, gunmetal said:

I doubt you can use this in tournament play. Certainly not anything that gives you a buzz if you've taken it back to far. I don't even think you could use this to check your tempo.  Maybe that wasn't the question.

This is partly correct! As currently developed, you can not use deWiz during tournament play. However, we are nearing completion of an "On-Course" Mode where the device goes into what we refer to as "Stealth Mode"... you won't be able to access any of the data or receive any of the feedback during play, but it will track every swing over the course of a round and you'll be able to go back after the fact and access all of your swing data.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2022 at 2:28 PM, gunmetal said:

As a follow up to this earlier topic, some of you may have seen but last week at the PGA TOUR Champions event down in Jacksonville, Vijay Singh became the first player to play in a PGA Tour sponsored event wearing any form of swing analyzing technology. Notah Begay III will also be wearing one this weekend at the SAS Championship in NC.

I will note that this "Tournament Mode" feature that they are using is still in a development phase, and not yet released to the larger user base, but nonetheless, an important and impactful first step in the process!

I'll link a story from Golf Week that has more information on the tech as well as some of the data findings, and happy to answer any questions that you all have. 

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2022/10/13/vijay-singh-dewiz-wearable-apps-pga-tour-champions/

• 1 month later...

Hi @deWiz Matt- thank you for the helpful info!

it sounds like this could be used indoors during the winter without hitting a ball, correct?

is there a target HCP range who would benefit the most? I’m a 21 and it’s hard to believe that this level of data would be useful to someone like me who is still working out larger swing issues. 

Thanks!

On 11/16/2022 at 3:53 PM, NewToGolf19 said:

Hi @deWiz Matt- thank you for the helpful info!

it sounds like this could be used indoors during the winter without hitting a ball, correct?

is there a target HCP range who would benefit the most? I’m a 21 and it’s hard to believe that this level of data would be useful to someone like me who is still working out larger swing issues. 

Thanks!

Great question @NewToGolf19! deWiz was created initially as a tool to help high handicappers reduce their over-the-top transition and to stop slicing the ball. It's a great way for high-handicap players to get a better visualization of what they're doing in the swing and after identifying the issue, being able to see if the changes they are making are actually showing up in the data.

I recently interviewed one of our users who has been working with deWiz for about 9 months. Great example of the typical golfer that played growing up, then went 20+ years without playing much and recently picked the game back up again. I think this would give you some great insight into how deWiz can benefit every type of golfer!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Vijay was wearing something unusual on his wrist at the PNC Championship this weekend. At first I thought it was a Garmin or Apple watch, or something like that and I was surprised that he was allowed to wear that in a competition. It took me a lot of google-fu to finally get the answer, and it was a Dewiz. It's the same watch Martin Hall is wearing on his latest Golfpass videos.

Can someone from Dewiz confirm this and please share how he is allowed to use this during competition?

2 hours ago, Bunkerjunkie said:

Vijay was wearing something unusual on his wrist at the PNC Championship this weekend. At first I thought it was a Garmin or Apple watch, or something like that and I was surprised that he was allowed to wear that in a competition. It took me a lot of google-fu to finally get the answer, and it was a Dewiz. It's the same watch Martin Hall is wearing on his latest Golfpass videos.

Can someone from Dewiz confirm this and please share how he is allowed to use this during competition?

I believe I heard Champions Tour rules were invoked hence Mike Thomas’ use of a laser.

Also a derogation from the “ standing behind “ rule on putting you will have seen. 

Edited by Pastit

9 hours ago, Bunkerjunkie said:

Hi @Bunkerjunkie, great question! Vijay and his son Qass were both wearing deWiz devices throughout the PNC Championship. They were testing a new "Tournament Mode" feature that we currently are still in the process of Beta testing before releasing it to the broader deWiz user base. This "Tournament Mode" is approved for all levels of tournament golf competition, and provides golfers a new way to analyze their swing in competition play. The device and app are in a stage of "stealth mode" where none of the data is accessible until after the round. The deWiz will capture and record all of the swings you make over the course of the round in order to review afterwards.

You can read more about it in this recent Golf Digest article from when Vijay put deWiz in play for the first time earlier this fall at the Furyk & Friends Champions Tour event! https://www.golfdigest.com/story/vijay-singh-dewiz-golf-swing-experiment

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Just saw Dewiz is offering a 12 month subscription for $299 (instead of lifetime at $599). For those with the DeWiz, have you used it longer than 12 months and if so is the shorter sub model worth it?

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Srixon Z-star XV