Miura MC-502

T_Golf_23

Hit my new sticks (well my 7iron...) at golftec today, as they were finally assembled this week.  I had been using the new JPX923 forged demo 7 iron with same LZ 6.0 shaft as I was without irons.  Back to back, the Mizuno is obviously a much 'hotter' face and between the 30* 7iron vs 33* loft on the 502, I was generally about 10-15 yards shorter.  That being said, when you pure one, it brought me right back to my 501's last season...just an amazingly soft feel and sound.  From my experience, I would say if the 501 and MP 221 had a love child, these would be it...smaller, shorter and lacking the offset from the 501, but same Miura feel when struck well.

In terms of bag appeal, to my eye at least I dont think there's a better looking iron.  The 4 iron kinda scares me - havent hit it yet, but not chomping at the bit.  May be swapping in a ZX utility iron or something similar if needed...

IMG_7341.jpg

Edited by Inglewood
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2023 at 2:56 AM, T_Golf_23 said:

The i230 are awesome. Completely different type of club than the MC502. 

I am putting the Fourteen TC7, i230, i59, and Apex TCB against my MC501 this coming spring for the gamer spot. 

while I am tempted by the 502…. May have to wait till they drop a little in price on BST. 

Let me know when you're ready to sell those i230s 🤣

19 hours ago, Inglewood said:

Hit my new sticks (well my 7iron...) at golftec today, as they were finally assembled this week.  I had been using the new JPX923 forged demo 7 iron with same LZ 6.0 shaft as I was without irons.  Back to back, the Mizuno is obviously a much 'hotter' face and between the 30* 7iron vs 33* loft on the 502, I was generally about 10-15 yards shorter.  That being said, when you pure one, it brought me right back to my 501's last season...just an amazingly soft feel and sound.  From my experience, I would say if the 501 and MP 221 had a love child, these would be it...smaller, shorter and lacking the offset from the 501, but same Miura feel when struck well.

In terms of bag appeal, to my eye at least I dont think there's a better looking iron.  The 4 iron kinda scares me - havent hit it yet, but not chomping at the bit.  May be swapping in a ZX utility iron or something similar if needed...

IMG_7341.jpg

Beautiful looking irons- my set is being built now- can't wait to get them.  My current set is MB101's and I have no issue hitting the 4 iron.  But for this new set I decided to go with the TC201's for the 4-6 for a little extra forgiveness.  

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 with Fuji Ventus TR Blue 6x 
Titleist TSR3 with Fuji Ventus Blue 8x
Titleist T200 Utility with Fuji Ventus Blue HB 9x
Miura TC201 4-6 & MC502 7-PW with Steelfiber 125x
Vokey SM9 Tour Chrome Wedges- 50F, 54S, & 58D with KBS $ Taper S Flex
Bettinardi Tour Issue BB0 Flow Prototype

• 2 weeks later...

And just like that, I think I confirmed it after my practice today...the MC-502s are not the club for me at this point until I am a more consistent ball striker.  They seduced me with their good looks - and I played the 501's last year, so figured these would be perfect without the sharp lines and offset.

If anyone wants a MINT set of Miura MC-502 4-P standard L/L/L with tour velvet standards and project X LZ 6.0 shafts in standard length with bb&f shorties to compliment the shaft labeling, make me an offer.  Each club may have been hit 5-10 times tops at the range off mats and are literally brand new.  They're one of the best looking iron sets of all time in my opinion - I just need to come to terms with the fact that I am not there yet.

IMG_7396.jpg

IMG_7401.jpg

IMG_7392.jpg

Edited by Inglewood
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Inglewood said:

And just like that, I think I confirmed it after my practice today...the MC-502s are not the club for me at this point until I am a more consistent ball striker.  They seduced me with their good looks - and I played the 501's last year, so figured these would be perfect without the sharp lines and offset.

Reality is - my 7 iron is going 25 yards shorter with the Miuras than with any of the other players distance irons in contention (JPX 923 forged, Ping i230 and Srixon ZX mkii combo set).  Lofts and skill aside, I need all the help and forgiveness I can get.

If anyone wants a MINT set of Miura MC-502 4-P standard L/L/L with tour velvet standards and project X LZ 6.0 shafts in standard length with bb&f shorties to compliment the shaft labeling, make me an offer.  Each club may have been him 5-10 times tops at the range with mats and are literally brand new.  They're one of the best looking iron sets of all time in my opinion - I just need to come to terms with the fact that I am not there yet.

IMG_7396.jpg

IMG_7401.jpg

IMG_7392.jpg

Great endorsement 😂. They are beautiful though

38 minutes ago, Inglewood said:

Reality is - my 7 iron is going 25 yards shorter with the Miuras than with any of the other players distance irons in contention (JPX 923 forged, Ping i230 and Srixon ZX mkii combo set).  Lofts and skill aside, I need all the help and forgiveness I can get.

If anyone wants a MINT set of Miura MC-502 4-P standard L/L/L with tour velvet standards and project X LZ 6.0 shafts in standard length with bb&f shorties to compliment the shaft labeling, make me an offer.  Each club may have been him 5-10 times tops at the range with mats and are literally brand new.  They're one of the best looking iron sets of all time in my opinion - I just need to come to terms with the fact that I am not there yet.

IMG_7396.jpg

IMG_7401.jpg

IMG_7392.jpg

Such a heart breaking post to hear they didn't work out as expected for you. At least you had them in your life and you know you gave them a shot 

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix 

Currently gaming the TC-201's and get along with them very well. Was lucky enough to stumble across a limited run set of LA Golf L-Series TX shafts and am debating on ordering a set of 502's to throw them in. Had a set of MC-501's last year and loved the performance but the offset was a huge turn off for me. I loved having the center mass behind the sweet spot. To me it made the iron feel very forgiving. At times I think the sole width of the TC-201 is a bit too wide even with the pre worn leading edge. I've looked outside of Miura at other options, but once you go Miura it's hard to go anywhere else. 

SIM2 8 degree - Ventus Black 7x

SIM2 3 wood - Ventus Black 8x

Srixon ZX Utility 2 Iron - Ventus Black 10TX

Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW - Project X 6.5

Mizuno T20 50/55/60 - Project X 6.5

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

45 minutes ago, Roc-A-Fella_1 said:

The 502s are that much harder to hit than the 501s?

They’re smaller heads…and don’t have the offset the 501s do.  I don’t think they’re necessarily “hard” to hit but as a mid handicap, I just came to the realization that I could use more distance/forgiveness.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KingTitus said:

Currently gaming the TC-201's and get along with them very well. Was lucky enough to stumble across a limited run set of LA Golf L-Series TX shafts and am debating on ordering a set of 502's to throw them in. Had a set of MC-501's last year and loved the performance but the offset was a huge turn off for me. I loved having the center mass behind the sweet spot. To me it made the iron feel very forgiving. At times I think the sole width of the TC-201 is a bit too wide even with the pre worn leading edge. I've looked outside of Miura at other options, but once you go Miura it's hard to go anywhere else. 

That’s the issue…it’s hard to go back after looking down at miura blades.  I tried mizuno 225s late last season after 501s, but they looked so chunky.  The 502s literally are the perfect irons in the looks department.

• Like 1

Played my first round with a new set of 502s  coming from a set of tc 201s.  Have to disagree with earlier poster they are harder to hit than the 201s.  Granted I went with a different shaft combo modus 120x to $ taper 130. But haven’t noticed a skills gap.  If anything my practice time has been more limited and so was pleasantly surprised where’ how these performed during the round. Only difference for me was hitting some over cooked draws Vs usually playing a cut and never worrying about the left side. Will report back after they get some more play

9 minutes ago, Yankees18 said:

Played my first round with a new set of 502s  coming from a set of tc 201s.  Have to disagree with earlier poster they are harder to hit than the 201s.  Granted I went with a different shaft combo modus 120x to $ taper 130. But haven’t noticed a skills gap.  If anything my practice time has been more limited and so was pleasantly surprised where’ how these performed during the round. Only difference for me was hitting some over cooked draws Vs usually playing a cut and never worrying about the left side. Will report back after they get some more play

Do you think this is down to the change in shaft or related to the difference in offset of the heads?

1 hour ago, KingTitus said:

I thought they only made the 4(stiff) and 5 (xstiff) flexes in the L series. Especially in the 120g weight class. 

5 minutes ago, brad1978golf said:

I thought they only made the 4(stiff) and 5 (xstiff) flexes in the L series. Especially in the 120g weight class. 

They do. These are a special one off prototype. They only made a few sets of them and I was able to snag 2 of those 

10 minutes ago, KingTitus said:

They do. These are a special one off prototype. They only made a few sets of them and I was able to snag 2 of those 

That’s awesome. I just ordered a new set of Cobra MB’s and going to give the MMT 125tx a roll. The LA golf are pretty much impossible to try up in Canada. Might just get Will Peoples to build me up a set as I saw on Miura IG that the MB101’s are back in QPQ

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, brad1978golf said:

That’s awesome. I just ordered a new set of Cobra MB’s and going to give the MMT 125tx a roll. The LA golf are pretty much impossible to try up in Canada. Might just get Will Peoples to build me up a set as I saw on Miura IG that the MB101’s are back in QPQ

The idea of the black mb’s has crossed my mind as well. They sure are gorgeous!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KingTitus said:

The idea of the black mb’s has crossed my mind as well. They sure are gorgeous!

There are normally discount codes floating around (10%+ off) if you order directly from Miura... If that sways you....not that anyone needs to be swayed to buy Miuras!

Edited by YYC_JH
  • Like 2

Driver - Titleist TSR4 - 10 degrees - Ventus Velocore Black 6X

4 Wood - Titleist TSR2 - 16.5 degrees - Ventus Velocore Blue 7X

7 Wood - Titleist TSR2 - 21.0 - Tensei Black 85X

Hybrid - Ping G425 - 26.0 - Alta CB Xstiff

5 iron to PW - Miura MC-502 - Oban CT125 X-

GW - Miura High Bounce - 50 degrees - S400

SW - Miura High Bounce - 56 degrees - S400

LW - Miura Tour - 58.0 @ 59.0 degrees - S400

Putter - Artisan 0217

Ball - Titleist ProV1 

4 hours ago, KingTitus said:

Do you think this is down to the change in shaft or related to the difference in offset of the heads?

I asked the fitter about this, he believes it is the impact of offset but seems to me the opposite would be true with less offset in the 502s.  I definitely feel the head more in these but I had hit the $ tapers on simulators a bunch of times with a few different heads and never had the problem before so tbd with more rounds played

I got my new set (combo set of TC201's in 4-6 and 502's in 7-PW with Steelfiber 125 x's) and got to hit them today. Absolutely love these so far.  Feel was incredible and they look amazing.  

IMG_8439.heic IMG_8440.heic 69818157238__586C4E4A-FC19-4FE9-BC95-3137C43A2A4B.heic 69818158648__28133B7C-E799-4135-8177-D86D5BC48BB2.heic 69818160601__8D95C567-A055-4748-BFC0-C1EF8B894CF5.heic

Edited by pearls24

Titleist TSR3 with Fuji Ventus TR Blue 6x 
Titleist TSR3 with Fuji Ventus Blue 8x
Titleist T200 Utility with Fuji Ventus Blue HB 9x
Miura TC201 4-6 & MC502 7-PW with Steelfiber 125x
Vokey SM9 Tour Chrome Wedges- 50F, 54S, & 58D with KBS $ Taper S Flex
Bettinardi Tour Issue BB0 Flow Prototype

Well I guess even we delusional golfers some times make a good choice. I was talking with Will P. About building a set for my birthday back in Jan. With GD AD iron shafts and somehow (I have no idea how) good sense won out and I did not pull the trigger.

Love the look and I bet with the SS and game they are amazing, but my 64 year old butt has neither.

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Chikara 54* Steelfiber 110 s

Chikara 58* Steelfiber 110 s

SLED # 1  35.5

Just picked up a set of 502’s and will be building them up tomorrow once my ferrules arrive. Excited to test side by side vs my 201’s. Time to sell the T100 heads I have sitting on the sideline. It’s true…once you’ve got miura’s in the bag, it’s almost impossible to have anything else!

• Like 2