KREW Putters Picture/Discussion Thread

10 minutes ago, eddiebigeddie said:

Wow, I understand why you could be a little put off. I haven’t heard a peep since I paid my deposit so hoping they get my stuff correct when I get it. 

I'm not really put off just odd in that:

* I originally gave them a bunch of options I would be happy with they could pick from.

* Jordan put down several options from my list on the build sheet, I didn't want that I originally want a surprise. 

* I relented a put down some options mainly carbon body and black oil quench finish cause it's their nicest finish and I didn't just want 303 Satin.

* I got the carbon and finish I asked for but then a lot of options I originally had in my original request for makers choice. 

It's more they have a few makers choice options I was kinda just hoping they did that on the whole putter with a guide I gave. I get not wanting to do a full putter like that cause I could have gone "I don't like it I'm not paying for it" and I lose my deposit. But I like it and I'm happy with it, it's different from what I have and wouldn't have thought this up myself ever. It's just odd the process that's all but maybe I made it odd for their process and they wanted to keep me happy. 

I also assume they are swamped on orders they did say before Christmas and it's only December 2 so still in that window. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

Tough call Matt. Overall, if the specs, material, finish, neck etc etc are correct, it is hard to complain. As you have said, it's a nice putter, they got it out quickly (too quickly?), and for the most part it was right.  

With that being said, we have similar guidelines for them, so I'm interested to see what I get.  I wasn't overly specific with details either.  Things like softened bumpers and rounded toplines can be subjective, so I wonder if that is where they went wrong. 

Last I'll say is, most people in this custom order world are accustomed to a little bit if variance/personality to the very specific putters we order. I've had major issues with a few of the boutique makers previously, and I usually sour to those putters pretty quickly once i get them, so I do feel your pain.

Post some pics of the grip and cover when you get a chance!

Edited by 5hort5tuff

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 54 58

BBFandCo Roulette
MannKrafted Carbon Rattler XL
TP Mills Stainless Softtail
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

1 hour ago, 5hort5tuff said:

Tough call Matt. Overall, if the specs, material, finish, neck etc etc are correct, it is hard to complain. As you have said, it's a nice putter, they got it out quickly (too quickly?), and for the most part it was right.  

With that being said, we have similar guidelines for them, so I'm interested to see what I get.  I wasn't overly specific with details either.  Things like softened bumpers and rounded toplines can be subjective, so I wonder if that is where they went wrong. 

Last I'll say is, most people in this custom order world are accustomed to a little bit if variance/personality to the very specific putters we order. I've had major issues with a few of the boutique makers previously, and I usually sour to those putters pretty quickly once i get them, so I do feel your pain.

Post some pics of the grip and cover when you get a chance!

I'm not upset over this I'm going to keep saying that if the Krew are reading this, more a discussion.

Like you said there are some variance and details that are subjective to every person. Looking at the putter in my hands now the bumpers are softened but I was asking for a bit more, deal breaker? No not at all.

The rolled top line is that a must? No cause no lie all my other customs are flatter and more boxy so not something that's new to me. 

The face milling now to be fair I'm a pain with this for every custom, I always take the longest on this one. I want something that looks cool even if I may not like the feel. Then I snap back into reality and pick a safe option cause in the end feel to me is more important than looks. Does this light-mid face milling give me that feel range I want? Oh yeah it's got that crisp responsive feel that I like, not upset.

Looking at this putter much more closely it's really well milled like really well especially considering how long the owner has been milling putters for. It's also a shape I've wanted for a while being a Tri-Sole Anser shape which just sit so well on the greens.

Last point is the price, it's a killer price considering what other putters cost right now and even what they normally cost. Plus you get a Dormie cover which are not cheap and a bonus for me being Canadian made. You also get a Best Grips and while not a shape I often go for (trying it out cause I'm changing my grip style) it's miles ahead of a Pure grip which I rip off like ASAP.

I was definitely willing to try something different at that price rather than be safe like I have in the past. I got something a little different but still in my comfort zone, I'm going to enjoy this, I'm going to roll it after the eternal Canadian winters and if they do this sale again next year I might consider getting another one either their mallet if I ever get into mallets or if they have like an Anser 2 shape, but I'd possibly get an opposite version of this for a Ying-Yang Krew style collecting.

Oh yeah and the neck is 303 stainless.

I will add one last thing probably from the earlier comments, life has just been so hectic for me and I've been quite grumpy so probably just that. See what happens when I cannot golf 😂

Lefty - WITB Thread

Got the notification that mines ready to ship out Monday. Can’t wait 

• Like 1

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

Same BigEddie. I got a message today. I don't really know much about my putter at this point either. Might be the one posted on IG today!

• Like 1

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 

BBFandCo Roulette
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

37 minutes ago, 5hort5tuff said:

Could be this one on their story...

Screenshot_20221203-165411_Instagram.jpg

Looks cool. I haven’t seen mine yet, but have specifics I’m hoping are done like I asked for. Mine kinda has a “theme” to the putter. Won’t give it away just yet but will post pics as soon as it comes in 

Here's the photos of my Krew in some sunlight. As I've looked at this more and as I've rolled it more I'm definitely liking this putter more and more. My gripes above were just me being grumpy and stressed but looking at the end work you can't deny it's nice. 

20221204_135421-01-01.jpeg.3177a7c24ed0e67efe759186e6140aaf.jpeg

20221204_135344-01-01.jpeg.465fb2f81120ec4c7511f85544d40099.jpeg

20221204_135351-01-01.jpeg.706cd6ee4f0a75633402679256eb285e.jpeg

20221204_135359-02.jpeg.c687e1f307ba612c5a7bc198e235e75d.jpeg

20221204_135810-01.jpeg.94a222f40fa3ea946694465725a7e59d.jpeg

IMG_20221204_150854_557.jpg.db316f6cac2cd83a232ec3e1c5f2e2de.jpg

• Like 3

Lefty - WITB Thread

I think you can really see the softening of the bumpers in these pics. If you look at their IG, the side profile is usually mote squared. 

The only gripe I have with your putter is the orange colour. I would get rid of that and fill it in black.  That's just personal taste. 

Edited by 5hort5tuff

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 

BBFandCo Roulette
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

3 minutes ago, 5hort5tuff said:

I think you can really see the softening of the bumpers in these pics. If you look at their IG, the side profile is usually mote squared. 

The only gripe I have with your putter is the orange colour. I would get rid of that and fill it in black.  That's just personal taste. 

And it’s backwards…but I tell Matt that whenever I can 😜😂

33 minutes ago, 5hort5tuff said:

Yeah I think I just wanted more but how much is too much? 

I also don't mind the orange as the black and orange are my alma matter colors. 

30 minutes ago, eddiebigeddie said:

And it’s backwards…but I tell Matt that whenever I can 😜😂

Won't be the first, won't be the last. If I was a righty I'd be broke or have the most insane collection or both. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

10 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

Lol I hear you. I’m righty and wish I had unlimited funds because I have several ideas in my head for putters I want to build. 

• Like 1

So mine finally arrived today.  I really like it.  Only putted a few balls in my office, but feels good from what I can tell.  For some reason it feels shorter then the 34" I requested, but will compare against my other putters when I get home later this evening.  I really like the "theme" I went with.  

thumbnail_IMG_4091.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4092.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4093.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4094.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4095.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4096.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/12/2022 at 2:22 PM, eddiebigeddie said:

So mine finally arrived today.  I really like it.  Only putted a few balls in my office, but feels good from what I can tell.  For some reason it feels shorter then the 34" I requested, but will compare against my other putters when I get home later this evening.  I really like the "theme" I went with.  

thumbnail_IMG_4091.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4092.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4093.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4094.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4095.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4096.jpg

Forgot to respond to this but that's nice, I know I didn't opt for the satin but looks like a solid finish for sure. What do you think of the face milling? Is that medium or deep?

Lefty - WITB Thread

1 minute ago, MattM97 said:

Forgot to respond to this but that's nice, I know I didn't opt for the satin but looks like a solid finish for sure. What do you think of the face milling? Is that medium or deep?

I wanted the Satin because my gamer is Black Oxide and my backup is a bronze/rainbow finish. The Satin looks really good, anxious to see it in the sun and see if I get weird sun reflections. 
As far as the milling I requested deep and sent the pic and asked if they could duplicate and they did. So far just putted about 10 balls in my office and then another 20 or so at home and I like it. It has more toe hang then I was thinking it would but still within my other putters so it’s fine. Also checked the length vs my others and it’s spot on, maybe a 1/8-1/4” shorter but that could be from the grip. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, eddiebigeddie said:

I wanted the Satin because my gamer is Black Oxide and my backup is a bronze/rainbow finish. The Satin looks really good, anxious to see it in the sun and see if I get weird sun reflections. 
As far as the milling I requested deep and sent the pic and asked if they could duplicate and they did. So far just putted about 10 balls in my office and then another 20 or so at home and I like it. It has more toe hang then I was thinking it would but still within my other putters so it’s fine. Also checked the length vs my others and it’s spot on, maybe a 1/8-1/4” shorter but that could be from the grip. 

You know what I just realized my last 3 putters were all carbon black ox as well, I need a change up for the next few, shoot even could have done an oil can lol. But like you said the glare can sometimes but a worry but luckily can always take some steel wool and scuff it up a bit but that doesn't look bad.

As for the face mill request no comment 😂 I kid what I got is still nice but that patter you have I have something similar to that on one of my other putters, it's cool but I found depending where you hit it the feel can change but not drastic and you have to be really off.

I'm just curious to get these out of the course and see how they are.

Lefty - WITB Thread

Nice stick Eddie! I was going to ask about the face milling too. Aesthetically very nice. I'm guessing it feels the same as any other medium to deep mill aswell. Looks awesome. 

I hacnt received mine yet, but can't help but think there isn't a better deal to be had out there as of now. 

• Thanks 1

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 

BBFandCo Roulette
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

48 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

You know what I just realized my last 3 putters were all carbon black ox as well, I need a change up for the next few, shoot even could have done an oil can lol. But like you said the glare can sometimes but a worry but luckily can always take some steel wool and scuff it up a bit but that doesn't look bad.

As for the face mill request no comment 😂 I kid what I got is still nice but that patter you have I have something similar to that on one of my other putters, it's cool but I found depending where you hit it the feel can change but not drastic and you have to be really off.

I'm just curious to get these out of the course and see how they are.

So far the “feel” is good. Not as soft as my others, but two of them are also Carbon vs Stainless.

As far as the milling haven’t noticed the difference like you mentioned but am anxious to get out on a green and putt. 

Here’s all my different face millings…

6D6CBF06-CE89-43E8-B525-AFEA2CE611E6.jpeg

8C922DFE-AA41-41E8-96BD-F5761C275ADA.jpeg

D4AD42D6-8510-4C4A-91D6-14065D9E652D.jpeg

7C71E2C7-FBF2-4162-88D0-677E0AC596D3.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eddiebigeddie said:

The one that I have that is similar is similar on the 2/3 of the face 

20210418_111820-01.jpeg.d88d2d0c6ced89076afeca804581feb4.jpeg

Pic kinda sucks but at the very bottom its a bit different on milling so if I hit it a hair low near the bottom it's softer but sweet spot it's a firmer feel. Yours it is consistent the whole way through. 

But as for rolling on a green if I take my planned January trip I'm bringing my Krew with me. I'm also kinda enjoying the paddle grip more than I thought. My grip change makes it so it's actually somewhat comfortable to use. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

• 3 weeks later...

I received my putter just before Christmas.  The craftsmanship here is pretty decent especially for the $$. Everything about my putter was nice...stamping was clean, finish was clean, paintfills were clean, etc etc.  Grip is quality, headcover is even better.

Unfortunately for me the toe hang was very different than what I had asked for.  I contacted them through Instagram, sent over a quick picture, and by the next day I'm they had a shipping label sent to me for return. It is now with them and I will await it's return. 

Although it wasn't right the first time, they have really dealt with this quickly. Hoping for the best when I get it back.  For the record...I ask for 30* toe hang...minimal hang with a long flowneck.  

20221219_124401.jpg

Edited by 5hort5tuff

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 

BBFandCo Roulette
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

9 hours ago, 5hort5tuff said:

I received my putter just before Christmas.  The craftsmanship here is pretty decent especially for the $$. Everything about my putter was nice...stamping was clean, finish was clean, paintfills were clean, etc etc.  Grip is quality, headcover is even better.

Unfortunately for me the toe hang was very different than what I had asked for.  I contacted them through Instagram, sent over a quick picture, and by the next day I'm they had a shipping label sent to me for return. It is now with them and I will await it's return. 

Although it wasn't right the first time, they have really dealt with this quickly. Hoping for the best when I get it back.  For the record...I ask for 30* toe hang...minimal hang with a long flowneck.  

/cdn-cgi/mirage/e7549045455b02c1e4dd55cd9c158750b835c990d012716c6b42e7ec2c92bbec/1280/cdn-cgi/mirage/e7549045455b02c1e4dd55cd9c158750b835c990d012716c6b42e7ec2c92bbec/1280/https://wrxcdn.golfwrx.com/uploads/monthly_2023_01/20221219_124401.jpg.2e0b05e05c8a627ae2b956e714c5ea0c.jpg

Maybe they got it backwards? 30 degrees from vertical instead of horizontal. How do they plan to rectify it? Put a new neck on? I’m curious how they’ll keep a long flow neck and get the 30 degrees toe hang. Do you have a pic of the neck and offset on the one above?

9 hours ago, 5hort5tuff said:

20221219_124401.jpg

Is this a left handed putter?

Haha yes it is left handed .

You know what...I thought that might be the case...but during my phone conversation with Jordan AND on the build sheet, I had specified a LONG flowneck with minimal toe hang. Then Jordan suggested 30*.  

No one would order a long flowneck and as for full toe hang. It just doesn't make any sense!

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 

BBFandCo Roulette
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

In terms it offset and neck...it was similar to Matt's above...1/2 shaft offset  / similar sized neck. 

Edited by 5hort5tuff

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 

BBFandCo Roulette
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

4 minutes ago, 5hort5tuff said:

Haha yes it is left handed .

You know what...I thought that might be the case...but during my phone conversation with Jordan AND on the build sheet, I had specified a LONG flowneck with minimal toe hang. Then Jordan suggested 30*.  

No one would order a long flowneck and as for full toe hang. It just doesn't make any sense!

Lol, I thought it was but was originally looking on phone and couldn't see the pic really clear.  Now on desktop I see.  And yeah the hang shouldn't be anywhere near where its at for a long flow neck.

I should double check my toe hang i think it's more than I asked for but it's not much more and it's not that bad I'm not too sensitive to toe hang. 

I have been rolling mine a lot just adjusting to a smaller grip a bit and not what, may have to double check loft but loft can be out of whack easy. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

First thing I do is look at it...then check toe hang. I am sensitive to it for sure. 

For me, loft means nothing. I guess I never check...i never notice a difference in the ball rolling no matter what I use. 

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 

BBFandCo Roulette
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

On 1/5/2023 at 5:35 PM, 5hort5tuff said:

First thing I do is look at it...then check toe hang. I am sensitive to it for sure. 

For me, loft means nothing. I guess I never check...i never notice a difference in the ball rolling no matter what I use. 

A lot of these heads the loft is milled into the head so loft doesn’t get altered much at all even with changes to the hosel position. You’d have to physically alter the loft at address and in the stroke. 

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

• 1 month later...

Alright everyone....my KREW is back! 

The guys over at KREW did everything right for me. Took back my putter and sent over something that was exactly to my asking.

I have said it once...and am saying it again. For the price...what an awesome putter and overall package. 

Carbon Krew

Stainless neck

Minimal Toe Hang

KREW leather best grips

Dormie leather cover

Amazing stamping 

I may change some of the fills to black, but overall this was a great experience and an amazing putter. I will likely game it this year.

I will definitely consider their work in the future...maybe have to check out their mallet! 

20230214_090405.jpg

20230214_090343.jpg

20230214_090329.jpg20230214_090343.jpg.6b4e99488d13492d9e91e4494519774e.jpg

20230214_090324.jpg

20230214_090244.jpg

20230214_090212.jpg

20230214_090146.jpg

Edited by 5hort5tuff
  • Like 2

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 

BBFandCo Roulette
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

1 hour ago, 5hort5tuff said:

Alright everyone....my KREW is back! 

The guys over at KREW did everything right for me. Took back my putter and sent over something that was exactly to my asking.

I have said it once...and am saying it again. For the price...what an awesome putter and overall package. 

Carbon Krew

Stainless neck

Minimal Toe Hang

KREW leather Gripmaster

Dormie leather cover

Amazing stamping 

I may change some of the fills to black, but overall this was a great experience and an amazing putter. I will likely game it this year.

I will definitely consider their work in the future...maybe have to check out their mallet! 

20230214_090405.jpg

20230214_090343.jpg

20230214_090329.jpg

20230214_090324.jpg

20230214_090244.jpg

20230214_090212.jpg

20230214_090146.jpg

Very nice and that's the face milling I wanted lol. 

Did they hit the head weight? 

Also the grips may be Best Grips not Grip Master

Lefty - WITB Thread