2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

New Rapsodo Product/Launch?

darom86

1 hour ago, pingbling23 said:

i believe rapsodo will have their own system where you can swing without impact and it will tell you your swing speed.  yes, if they get face/path metrics that will be incredible.  its already an awesome product at the current price point.  

Here’s their video about speed training. The screen lists a few different types of training systems and has a selection for “Other”. I haven’t updated my firmware yet, but will do so soon. If it measures swing speed with a club (no ball), I’ll report back.

• 2 weeks later...

2 questions…

1 - anyone have a release date on the ProV1 MLM balls?

2 - Is 3.0 the correct firmware version of the device itself? I thought there was a newer version, but nothing is pushing to my device. 

Epic Max LS - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10

Epic Max 7W  - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10
4- P  T100S LA Golf A Series - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall
Raw Vokey SM9 50F, 54D, 58M S400 - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall

Vokey 64 Jimmy Walker S400 - BB and F Ferrule

Cameron Futura X11.5 - BGT Shaft - Super Stroke Flatso 1.0

8 hours ago, Walkerdb7 said:

2 questions…

1 - anyone have a release date on the ProV1 MLM balls?

2 - Is 3.0 the correct firmware version of the device itself? I thought there was a newer version, but nothing is pushing to my device. 

I believe march and the latest fw is 3.8.7.  Don’t rush to update, there’s been some issues with the latest update.  I think they rushed it out to display the speed training function for the pga show and it’s causes a lot of issues with connectivity and mis reads.

1 hour ago, pingbling23 said:

I believe march and the latest fw is 3.8.7.  Don’t rush to update, there’s been some issues with the latest update.  I think they rushed it out to display the speed training function for the pga show and it’s causes a lot of issues with connectivity and mis reads.

It won’t let me play. I keep hitting start practice and it makes me update the unit. The software says there is no firmware update. I’m at a loss 

3 minutes ago, Walkerdb7 said:

It won’t let me play. I keep hitting start practice and it makes me update the unit. The software says there is no firmware update. I’m at a loss 

And you have downloaded the new fw through the app?  And you have the newest app 2.8.3?  If all that is right try troubleshoot and I think it will force an update.

8 minutes ago, Walkerdb7 said:

Classic, this reminded me of the April headaches from last year. 

then I remembered the iOS app had a weird quirk where you had to delete the app and reinstall it for changes to work. Did that and voilà, immediately asked me to update the firmware 

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone try the swing speed feature that they added to the MLM Pro?  I tried it out in my back yard yesterday, just testing a dozen swings or so with my driver and 3w.  Unless I somehow got stronger over the winter after not swinging a club for a few months, the numbers seemed a bit juiced by about 10-15% over my normal.

On 2/26/2024 at 1:30 PM, stuman74 said:

Anyone try the swing speed feature that they added to the MLM Pro?  I tried it out in my back yard yesterday, just testing a dozen swings or so with my driver and 3w.  Unless I somehow got stronger over the winter after not swinging a club for a few months, the numbers seemed a bit juiced by about 10-15% over my normal.

Yes I use it. I’ve used it with speed sticks and also with driver. Mine seem pretty close and if anything are a bit slower with driver.

For example when I hit on the range I’ll get driver swing speeds faster than I can get when swinging driver for speed training. Which doesn’t seem likely based on effort being put in. 

1 hour ago, London424 said:

Yes I use it. I’ve used it with speed sticks and also with driver. Mine seem pretty close and if anything are a bit slower with driver.

For example when I hit on the range I’ll get driver swing speeds faster than I can get when swinging driver for speed training. Which doesn’t seem likely based on effort being put in. 

Thanks.  I actually got out to the range yesterday.  I was actually a little surprised at my driver swing speed on the Rapsodo since I hadn't hit a ball since fall (most were 96-101 yesterday), but maybe I was able to swing a little faster the other day (105-107) when not worrying about actually making contact with the ball.  I'll test it again sometime this week.

4 hours ago, stuman74 said:

Thanks.  I actually got out to the range yesterday.  I was actually a little surprised at my driver swing speed on the Rapsodo since I hadn't hit a ball since fall (most were 96-101 yesterday), but maybe I was able to swing a little faster the other day (105-107) when not worrying about actually making contact with the ball.  I'll test it again sometime this week.

Sorry, when I said range I meant within the app. If I select practice or range (but hit into my net at home) I get faster driver speeds than if I select the ‘speed’ option and swing my driver. 

I purchased the mlm2pro about 3 weeks ago and have been using it mostly in my backyard hitting into a net. I have a super cheap projector with a Roku streaming stick and retractable screen I had for outdoor movies with the fam that I have used to airplay my iPad screen to. It’s off to the side rather than an impact screen, but it’s been a lot of fun so far. 
There is an indoor simulator place near me that I had gone to with friends before and they have full swing simulators that are really amazing. There was a trick with chipping/putting on those to move much closer to the screen and without thinking I happened to do that with my mlm2pro the other day when trying to hit a short pitch shot. It worked surprisingly well, and after that I tried other really short chips, some open face (kind-of middle height) flop shots and again seemed to work quite well. To be clear the ball is not anywhere near inside the “hitting zone” I was nearly close enough to hit the net with my follow through when trying to flop (didn’t want to air mail it over the net..)

Just really curious if anyone else has tried or noticed this? Hard to verify accuracy on these feel shots, but really made those shots “feel“ much more accurate and controllable (not launch back and forth across the green) when trying out some of the sim courses.

Updated everything. Played for 2 hours with 0 connection issues. Maybe they’ve fixed it 

Used it again today. No issue for 30 mins… knock on wood, we good. 

anyone find the swing videos are not down the line and it skews watching your club path. Is that how it’s set up or is that user error?

On 3/4/2024 at 7:17 PM, Walkerdb7 said:

Used it again today. No issue for 30 mins… knock on wood, we good. 

anyone find the swing videos are not down the line and it skews watching your club path. Is that how it’s set up or is that user error?

Honestly I don't think the impact vision videos are the best for determining path. Personally I usually do some quick mental math based on HLA (horizontal launch angle). Your face to target (not path) is like 90% of the HLA (so close enough). Then depending on your spin axis and magnitude you can kind of estimate your path from there. For example, if the HLA is 5* right and the ball has a small draw that means that the face was 5* right of target but face was closed to path by a small amount, so path was maybe something like 6* right. If you start 3* left and it slices, then your face was 3* closed to target and face was very open compared to path, so path was 3+ a lot, so maybe 7* left and face 4* open, etc. Not good enough if you're a scratch chasing down minute variations, but good enough for most hackers. 

Yes, exactly. I am not worried about the impact vision. I am more interested to see my swing down the line. I turn on the MLM 2 Pro, line it up where I think is correct, the AR yellow ball placement box pops up, I move the unit to match like the tee on the hitting mat and then the swing camera does not look down the line

6 hours ago, Walkerdb7 said:

Yes, exactly. I am not worried about the impact vision. I am more interested to see my swing down the line. I turn on the MLM 2 Pro, line it up where I think is correct, the AR yellow ball placement box pops up, I move the unit to match like the tee on the hitting mat and then the swing camera does not look down the line

Take some screenshots in the app and then submit a ticket to Rapsodo? 

Anyone think that the MLM2 will eventually get club path data? Not familiar enough with the tech to know if it’s even a possibility. 

I’ve had mine for about 2 weeks now and have been really enjoying it. Now I can’t stop spending money on simulator gear instead of just the net! 

1 hour ago, raw10628 said:

Anyone think that the MLM2 will eventually get club path data? Not familiar enough with the tech to know if it’s even a possibility. 

I’ve had mine for about 2 weeks now and have been really enjoying it. Now I can’t stop spending money on simulator gear instead of just the net! 

There has been rumor of club data for quite a while. Last we've heard is that sometime last fall, someone at Rapsodo mentioned that work on club data was in-progress, but no update since. 

Hi, I hit into a net in the main so shot shape results are important to me.

Can anybody please confirm if the shot shape (start line and curve) will displayed once the subscription has run out. I understand spin axis values etc won't but wondered if a range view would still show a shot tracer type view..

Thanks in advance,

Chris

2 hours ago, Chrispy70 said:

Hi, I hit into a net in the main so shot shape results are important to me.

Can anybody please confirm if the shot shape (start line and curve) will displayed once the subscription has run out. I understand spin axis values etc won't but wondered if a range view would still show a shot tracer type view..

Thanks in advance,

Chris

I have the subscription, but have hit into the net with regular balls (no markings) and the shot tracer displayed. That said, the shape could be incorrect since spin rate isn’t being read. In the few instances where I’ve used regular balls, I don’t recall any obvious errors with ball flight, at least not like I had with Garmin.

54 minutes ago, Triple Lindy said:

I have the subscription, but have hit into the net with regular balls (no markings) and the shot tracer displayed. That said, the shape could be incorrect since spin rate isn’t being read. In the few instances where I’ve used regular balls, I don’t recall any obvious errors with ball flight, at least not like I had with Garmin.

If I recall from the original youtube tests when the MLM2 first launched, some of the testers were testing before activating their complimentary year sub, and the ball just went perfectly straight. I have noticed that if I hit a non-RPT ball when selecting the RPT ball mode, I do get some spin/axis numbers (and shot shape), but of very questionable accuracy. 

1 hour ago, Triple Lindy said:

thanks for the response. 

1 hour ago, Triple Lindy said:

• 2 weeks later...

I recently realized I could probably move my setup in my sun room and swing driver with ease with a camera based unit that sits next to the ball. Not exactly sure why I didn't go down this rabbit hole before. That would make home golf WAYYYY more fun. I can swing Dr in the Garage, but I am just not comfortable doing it. Probably more mental than anything. I did hit a piece of the garage door opener once though with a bad swing...

Aside from the constant connection issues that come and go with Software changes / updates, MLM 2 PRO has been great... HOWEVER, haha, my free subscription is about to run out and the gears are turning...

Anyone have a Skytrack before MLM 2 Pro? If so, how do they compare? The Gen 1 is like $500-$600 on eBay with a case and my interest as an easy swap.

On 3/24/2024 at 12:30 AM, Walkerdb7 said:

Anyone have a Skytrack before MLM 2 Pro?

I had one on a trial basis which I think was 30 days. It was the first device I tested and I paid around $2300 for a new one, including the metal case. Garmin had recently released the R10, and the price gap was significant, so  that’s why I didn’t keep the Skytrak. You don’t get club data with Skytrak (same as MLM2) and you won’t get the video shots, but the SkyTrak was just as accurate for me. And I was hitting outdoors in full sunlight, where the Skytrak is supposed to struggle. After using the MLM2, you’ll probably be annoyed with the delay between hitting your shot and having it show up on the screen with the Skytrak, but you get used to it. There’s probably a thread that reviews it in detail.

6 hours ago, Triple Lindy said:

I had one on a trial basis which I think was 30 days. It was the first device I tested and I paid around $2300 for a new one, including the metal case. Garmin had recently released the R10, and the price gap was significant, so  that’s why I didn’t keep the Skytrak. You don’t get club data with Skytrak (same as MLM2) and you won’t get the video shots, but the SkyTrak was just as accurate for me. And I was hitting outdoors in full sunlight, where the Skytrak is supposed to struggle. After using the MLM2, you’ll probably be annoyed with the delay between hitting your shot and having it show up on the screen with the Skytrak, but you get used to it. There’s probably a thread that reviews it in detail.

That's exactly, the type of info I was looking for, thanks. Quick side by side. The delay is a good point.

When I originally bought my MLM2 I kind of just lumped the impact vision in as a gimmick, but after using it more and more, it has been an incredibly helpful practice tool. Honestly at this point, the only thing more I want from the MLM2 at this point is club data, which there have been many rumors about, but still nothing material yet. There's a new direct bluetooth connector for GSPro sim golf which makes shots almost instantaneous and setup is a breeze. 

• Like 1