2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

New Rapsodo Product/Launch?

darom86

On 10/5/2023 at 6:11 PM, Newbie15 said:

There's a pretty good Facebook group for this unit. People there are pretty good with the tech problems.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1227090421508447/?ref=share&mibextid=ydkPgX

Thanks. I’m not a FB user, but appreciate the response.

After using the MLM2PRO for about a month, I’m pretty disappointed in their app. Distances with irons and wedges are accurate, but I’m not convinced of driver distances. That could be a setup issue on my part, as I have to realign to hit driver into my net due to limited space. The real disappointment is the crappy app, though. 2D graphics on the range and limited display of metrics that are tracked. It wouldn’t be so bad if not for the $200 annual fee. For that amount, I expect decent software. I’m on the bubble of returning it because of how bad the app is. Awful graphics aside, there are other design flaws, like having to go through the connection process every time you change sessions. If practicing on the range and then switching to a combine, the app has to reconnect to the device, which can take up to 30 seconds. It gets annoying. You’d think Rapsodo could write software that didn’t force reconnecting every time you change sessions. And speaking of combines, why is hitting driver required? You can choose 2 of the 3 distances, but every session requires driver as the 3rd. If you don’t want to hit driver, you’re SOL with the combine because it’s required.

The included E3 Connect subscription has a much better practice area with lots of chipping scenarios, but sessions aren’t saved. Plus, after around 20 shots in E3, the system no longer registers shots. I have to back out of the sessions and start over. Again, it’s annoying.

Awesome Golf is probably a requirement if I keep this thing, just to keep it fun and entertaining. That’s another $300+ and to use a sim, the annual $200 Rapsodo subscription is required. For $200/year, the Rapsodo app should be on par with Awesome Golf, but it’s not even close.

I’m probably heading back to the R10, which is disappointing. I really want this thing to work and like the combo camera/radar technology. 

• Like 1

Well, I got my RMA number to send my unit back. It’s just not worth the hassle. The thing disconnects so often and just stops working in some instances. Was playing a sim round at a course I’m playing on Friday and the thing just crashed. And I never could get driver shots to read accurately. I’m not a long hitter, but I average 233 with driver, according to my Garmin S62. I couldn’t get the MLM2PRO to read more than 125 yards TOTAL, not carry. And the app is pretty bad, especially for $200/year. 

Once I confirm refund receipt, I’ll buy the R10. I’ve tested it in the past and really didn’t have any issues.

It’s too bad. I really liked the features of the MLM2PRO.

On 10/7/2023 at 12:20 PM, Triple Lindy said:

Thanks. I’m not a FB user, but appreciate the response.

After using the MLM2PRO for about a month, I’m pretty disappointed in their app. Distances with irons and wedges are accurate, but I’m not convinced of driver distances. That could be a setup issue on my part, as I have to realign to hit driver into my net due to limited space. The real disappointment is the crappy app, though. 2D graphics on the range and limited display of metrics that are tracked. It wouldn’t be so bad if not for the $200 annual fee. For that amount, I expect decent software. I’m on the bubble of returning it because of how bad the app is. Awful graphics aside, there are other design flaws, like having to go through the connection process every time you change sessions. If practicing on the range and then switching to a combine, the app has to reconnect to the device, which can take up to 30 seconds. It gets annoying. You’d think Rapsodo could write software that didn’t force reconnecting every time you change sessions. And speaking of combines, why is hitting driver required? You can choose 2 of the 3 distances, but every session requires driver as the 3rd. If you don’t want to hit driver, you’re SOL with the combine because it’s required.

The included E3 Connect subscription has a much better practice area with lots of chipping scenarios, but sessions aren’t saved. Plus, after around 20 shots in E3, the system no longer registers shots. I have to back out of the sessions and start over. Again, it’s annoying.

Awesome Golf is probably a requirement if I keep this thing, just to keep it fun and entertaining. That’s another $300+ and to use a sim, the annual $200 Rapsodo subscription is required. For $200/year, the Rapsodo app should be on par with Awesome Golf, but it’s not even close.

I’m probably heading back to the R10, which is disappointing. I really want this thing to work and like the combo camera/radar technology. 

So a couple things. There are technically two "range" features in the MLM2 app. The first is the "Range" feature which is only the 2d graphics and limited metrics. The only redeeming part of this mode is the analysis tab. The other is in the "Simulation" section of Play, there's a "Rapsodo Range" which gives you a 3d ball flight and like 10 or 12 metrics (I think). You do also get all of the historical sessions and pure data for this set too, but not the same analysis from the "Range" feature. This is the feature I use most. 

As for disconnects, this is pretty much solved if you get a wifi extender/mesh node in your sim space. The main problem is that the MLM2 is trying to send all the video data to the app to go into the cloud, which can be a bit of a diva if the connection isn't perfect. Awesome Golf also does have a direct bluetooth connection mode, which I've also proposed for the app to Rapsodo, which they said they'd explore with their dev team. 

I mean it's up to you on the R10, but if you're serious about accuracy, the MLM2 is the only launch monitor in the price range that offers legitimate accuracy. And it's not just a difference of a couple percent, the R10 can often be off by entire magnitudes when it comes to spin axis (draws become pushes, fades become pulls, sometimes it can even confuse draws with fades and vice versa). As for a subscription, a lot of launch monitors are going that route and are also still 5-6x more expensive. It's not ideal, but if it saves me from having to splash out $4500 on an Eye Mini ($200/yr sub) or $2k on a BLP ($500/yr sub), I'm all for the MLM2.

Edited by Simpsonia

On 10/10/2023 at 1:54 PM, Simpsonia said:

So a couple things. There are technically two "range" features in the MLM2 app. The first is the "Range" feature which is only the 2d graphics and limited metrics. The only redeeming part of this mode is the analysis tab. The other is in the "Simulation" section of Play, there's a "Rapsodo Range" which gives you a 3d ball flight and like 10 or 12 metrics (I think). You do also get all of the historical sessions and pure data for this set too, but not the same analysis from the "Range" feature. This is the feature I use most. 

As for disconnects, this is pretty much solved if you get a wifi extender/mesh node in your sim space. The main problem is that the MLM2 is trying to send all the video data to the app to go into the cloud, which can be a bit of a diva if the connection isn't perfect. Awesome Golf also does have a direct bluetooth connection mode, which I've also proposed for the app to Rapsodo, which they said they'd explore with their dev team. 

I mean it's up to you on the R10, but if you're serious about accuracy, the MLM2 is the only launch monitor in the price range that offers legitimate accuracy. And it's not just a difference of a couple percent, the R10 can often be off by entire magnitudes when it comes to spin axis (draws become pushes, fades become pulls, sometimes it can even confuse draws with fades and vice versa). As for a subscription, a lot of launch monitors are going that route and are also still 5-6x more expensive. It's not ideal, but if it saves me from having to splash out $4500 on an Eye Mini ($200/yr sub) or $2k on a BLP ($500/yr sub), I'm all for the MLM2.

I received an app update today that’s supposed to help with the dropped connections. I’ll try it tomorrow. Was out playing today.

As far as network configuration goes, I have a very fast connection (500/500) with a strong mesh network. I even bring a mesh connection point out to my backyard when using the Rapsodo. Nothing else needs it, as I get a strong connection near my net without it, but I was hoping that it would help. It hasn’t. Maybe the app update will. Bottom line, if the device is unstable with a strong connection and fast internet service, there’s going to be lots of dissatisfaction.

And yes, I found the range sim. I wasn’t originally aware of it and it’s much better than the practice range, but still far short of what $200/year should provide. Which somewhat summarizes the app design. Why 2 range areas, with one requiring “simulation”? Kind of a weird design. Since it’s labeled “simulation”, I’d expect far more than a single static driving range. Sure would be nice to be able to select targets. Awesome Golf is $350 for a lifetime subscription. That’s the bar for a $200 annual fee, IMO. Maybe it will improve as the technical issues are worked out.

I’m hoping the app update truly works. If so, I’ll keep it. I love the accuracy, but if it crashes all the time, that really doesn’t matter.

Man, I wish I could get some sense of stability from this thing, even if only being able to replicate problems consistently. 

I updated the MLM app, got everything going, and spent about 30 minutes in the MLM sim range. All good - no disconnects. Went to E3 and after about a dozen shots, same old issue - no shot would register. Light on MLM was green but E3 showed “waiting for shot” (or something like that), instead of the normal “Ready”. I couldn’t get the MLM to do anything, even once back in the MLM app. Had to close both apps, power the MLM off and restart. Once I did that, I had decent connectivity in E3. Hit on the E3 range and chipping targets for about an hour and only needed to “Restart” the round once. However, once back to the MLM app, I had to go through the connection process again. It’s an absolute PITA and renders any accuracy advantage over the R10 moot. I haven’t tried the free trial for Awesome Golf.

If I keep this thing, it seems I’m reduced to the crappy MLM app if I don’t want connection headaches. It’s a tough call and I have less than a week to decide.

One last comment. It was suggested that the network needs to be super stable and fast because of the high speed transfer of images and video. Interestingly, that part of the system (MLM app Practice Range) never seems to fail. It’s only in simulations that the disconnects occur, and there’s no image/video capture in those, so that can’t be the issue. Most connection problems in YouTube videos and other forums are also with simulations, so it’s not just me.

I get it man, I do. After the latest update to the app I was getting crazy disconnects. Like 80% of my shots in the Rapsodo app were no-read disconnects. I was incredibly frustrated. I submitted a ticket through the app and they actually reached out to set up a Teams call with one of their project manager to dive into my issues more. They collected a bunch of logs from my unit that they'll dive into with their devs and hopefully get back to me within a few days. I appreciate that level of customer support. I'm really holding out hopes for this thing, and their response has reassured me, somewhat. Looking forward, apparently there are rumors they are working on adding club data (path/face etc) which should come out next few months, which would be a great feature to even the playing field between it and some of the big boys like the BLP/GC3/Eye Mini. 

I've been down the R10 road before, it's what I had before the MLM2. I think it actually made me a worse golfer because that accuracy is so bad in some situations. I started ingraining bad habits because they looked good on the R10. Then when I went to the course/range it was all off. I started having no confidence that the shot shape I saw on the screen was what I'd get on-course/range so I just sold the thing. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I keep going back and forth. I tried the R10 on a trial and it seemed pretty accurate, but I only hit with it a few times. I was facing shoulder surgery at the time, so I returned it knowing that I wouldn’t be able to use it for a year.

I love the idea of club data, but would rather they focus on fixing known problems before adding new features.

I have most of today set aside to give the MLM a good workout. Blue skies and temps in the 60s, so the heat that we’ve had over the past few weeks won’t interfere.

Thanks for the insight on the support ticket. I, too, have been impressed with Rapsodo’s responsiveness, but it still hasn’t resulted in any improvement. I’ve just been emailing the support account and got a guy’s name/email off of a simulator forum ([email protected]). No one has looked at my data, though.

Part of me wants to believe that Rapsodo will ultimately get it right, but another part wants to just send it back and maybe buy it once the issues are fixed. I got a good deal by buying an open box unit from 2nd Swing for $500 that came with a full warranty and 60 day return option. That deal is part of why I want to keep this thing.

Well, the MLM2 did enough to warrant keeping it around. 

The good:

Rapsodo Range works flawlessly. I don’t think it has failed/disconnected once since I’ve used it. Turning on the frontal view camera (from your phone or tablet) combined with the camera from the MLM2 gives great feedback on your swing. Add Impact Vision showing where you’re striking the ball and you have comprehensive visual of your swing. I don’t think there’s a way to see all 3 views at the same time, but I’m not sure that’s necessary. At least they’re all captured, so I have to believe it could be done at some point. There are 2 negative aspects of the Range: ugly 2D graphics and very limited data set to display. All of the metrics are captured, regardless of the ones you choose to display, but reviewing them requires exiting your session to the Home Screen. After awhile, you get used to it, but there’s serious room for improvement here.

Rapsodo Simulator Range also works well. It’s 3D and displays more data points than the non-sim range. I don’t know why Rapsodo puts one under the simulator tab instead of just making it the default range. To my knowledge, there’s not an option to record video from your phone or tablet in this mode, though - just the view from behind, including Impact Vision. And once you’ve selected the metrics you want to display, there’s a Save button, but it only saves for that session. Once you come back, you’re back to the system default of metrics. Kinda dumb.

I spent 45 minutes and worked through my full bag in these 2 areas with no disconnects.

The somewhat bad

Went into E6 and didn’t have to reconnect. Hit 1 shot and after that, it wouldn’t register. Had to go back to the Rapsodo app to reconnect. After that, it worked pretty well. During my sessions in E6’s Practice area, the unit would stop recognizing shots. I’d touch the E6 logo, touch Restart, and then Resume. I’d go right back to my session and everything would work fine. This happened at least twice, but resuming a session is not a big deal. Still, it would be better if this didn’t happen. I don’t know how a simulated round would handle it, as I haven’t tried that in E6 yet. 

The bad

Once closing E6 and coming back to the Rapsodo app, I had to reconnect. The software got confused, I think because of the switching from landscape to portrait, as the font was “stretched”. I couldn’t select any selections on the screen where you choose your environment (Net/Range, Ball Type, etc.) Had to close the app completely and start all over. Once restarted, everything worked fine.

In the end, the MLM2PRO is usable, once you figure out the quirks. I’m going to count on Rapsodo to iron those out. Thanks to @Simpsonia for talking me off the ledge.

If you’re planning to make more use of the sim courses, you’d need feedback from others. I’ve only played a few courses in the Rapsodo sim, and usually just select holes. The one time I tried to play a full 18, I only made it through 8 holes before it crashed. 

If Rapsodo hasn’t worked out the kinks by the time I have to pay the $200 subscription, I’ll probably have a different opinion.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone having syncing problems? My last 3 sessions show as “Not synced” even though they all synced as soon as the session was ended. I tried using both connection methods. The Direct Wi-Fi mode synced once I closed the app and reopened, but then soon showed as Not synced. The Local Network mode synced while still in the app, but showed Not synced several minutes later.

Just as an update for my disconnect issues. I upgraded the mesh node in my garage from an old AC750 model to an AX3000 (TPLink RE715X) and it seems to have solved much of my connection issues, at least in my first test session. I only had one or two no-reads in a session where I was streaming GSPro from my main PC to the garage projector through a Steamlink, so was fairly stressing the overall bandwith as well. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rapsodo’s recent app and firmware updates seem to have resolved the connection issues. I tested for a couple of hours and went back and forth between the Rapsodo app and E6 without any issues. I’ll hit more this weekend.

I still have sync problems with the Rapsodo Range (non-sim). Some sessions sync while others don’t. Rapsodo has acknowledged the problem and says a fix will be coming via an app update.

The app still has a long way to go in order to justify the $200 subscription fee. Even if all of the tech problems are fixed, the design is poor and missing features like target greens and club path data. Hopefully Rapsodo can make significant improvements before renewal time. As-is, I would not pay the subscription fee and would move on to a different option.

Has anyone else been experiencing more missed shots since the last update? Also, now once it misses a shot it will not pick up any more shots at all until I leave the session on the app and then rejoin.  When I rejoin I don't need to realign or touch the radar in any way, it just starts picking up shots again.

I hit for about 2 hours today and had zero connection issues. I had maybe 2-3 missed shots out of 100+. Never had to restart after a miss.

Started with the basic range, went to the sim range, to E6 practice area, and back to the basic range. So I’m pleased that Rapsodo seems to have figured out the connection issues. The sync issues may be ironing themselves out. Most of my sessions are now synced and I can see them on multiple devices. Today’s session from the sim range has synced properly, but the basic range session has not synced.

The screen orientation issue with the sim range still remains. Using an iPad, I have to rotate a specific direction, otherwise the screen is upside down. Unfortunately, I have to rotate away from my power source, putting a strain on the iPad power cord connection. It’s not a huge deal, but it shouldn’t be a deal at all.

Another issue with the sim range that I keep forgetting to mention is the alignment screen. Seems like Rapsodo tried to repurpose the alignment screen code from the basic range and use it on the sim range. Problem is that the basic range uses a portrait orientation while the sim ranges uses landscape. The alignment screen in the sim range shows hitting box outside of the alignment video, so you have to do your alignment using the basic  range before going to the sim range.

3 hours ago, elsie451 said:

Has anyone else been experiencing more missed shots since the last update? Also, now once it misses a shot it will not pick up any more shots at all until I leave the session on the app and then rejoin.  When I rejoin I don't need to realign or touch the radar in any way, it just starts picking up shots again.

Prior to the last update or 2, I had to exit and restart E6 sessions quite often. Once it stopped recognizing shots, it wouldn’t do anything until I exited and restarted. That hasn’t happened since the most recent update and may have even been fixed in the update prior to that.

5 hours ago, elsie451 said:

I've experienced this bug and pretty sure I've figured out the cause. If you do a rehearsal swing where you cause the unit to attempt to read a shot, but don't actually hit the ball there seems to be a bug that causes the continuous no-reads until you exit the session and restart a new one. It's really annoying, but I've been able to avoid this if I don't do any slower swing rehearsals (a full-speed practice swing doesn't seem to trigger this). I'm like 90% positive it's just an unintended bug introduced by the chipping fixes (which makes sense it's only for slower rehearsals). I reported this to Rapsodo with multiple sets of logs the day after the new updates came out. Hopefully they can get this one patched quickly. If you do any sort of practice movements before hitting the ball, watch the color of the light on the unit, if it goes blue like it's thinking before you've hit a ball, then you know you'll have triggered this bug and will need to restart a session. 

It's fairly annoying in the short term, but far preferable to the disconnect issues it used to have. Just have to be a little mindful about the slow speed rehearsals/practice swings. 

Edited by Simpsonia
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Not a lot of discussion of this device here, which is surprising to me.  Any updates from longer term users?  I'm considering purchasing, but have been hesitant because of the issues discussed here, which mostly seem to be software related.  I would love to hear about the current state of the software, and the resulting user experience.  Thanks. 

Taylormade M5 9* w/Prolaunch Blue 45
Taylormade Stealth 3HL 16.5* w/Proforce V2 65 
Taylormade M2 5HL 21* w/Proforce V2 65
Adams Pro Mini Hybrids: 23*, 26* w/VS Proto 95
Srixon Zx65 Combo Irons (Z565 6, Z765 7-9, Z965 PW) w/TT AMT Black
Vokeys: SM7 52-12F, SM7 58-12D, WedgeWorks 60-10V (at 62-12), all w/Pro Modus3 115 Wedge
Odyssey DXF Doublewide

Rapsodo has hit it out of the park with their last two updates. The first fixed all of the connection issues people were having. The second one really improved the Rapsodo Range experience and added elevation to the course sims (sort of an analogue to Garmin's Home Tee Hero). I'm absolutely loving my MLM2 now and really looking forward to the improved experience they seem to continuously be working on. 

On 1/4/2024 at 2:31 PM, DaveGoodrich said:

Not a lot of discussion of this device here, which is surprising to me.  Any updates from longer term users?  I'm considering purchasing, but have been hesitant because of the issues discussed here, which mostly seem to be software related.  I would love to hear about the current state of the software, and the resulting user experience.  Thanks. 

Depends on what you want out of a LM. For game improvement, the accuracy is what I appreciate most about the MLM2. I don’t think I’ve ever hit a shot that didn’t track as I expected. I had several of those when trying out the Garmin R10. So if working on your swing is the primary interest, the MLM2 delivers, even with a less than optimal app. 

Now that the connection bugs appear to have been resolved, the app is serviceable, especially if you’re just practicing. It still has a LONG way to go to justify $200/year, IMO. Yes, it has improved, but going from abysmal to serviceable isn’t high praise.

I’m not a big sim player, so adding elevation to the sim courses wasn’t a big deal to me, but I can appreciate the improvement nonetheless. Finally getting the sim range in landscape mode and adding a variable target distance was more important to me, but it’s still very elementary. For some reason, you can’t set the target to anything less than 50 yards. Why? Rapsodo doesn’t have any short game practice area, so why limit the range target distance? And the target distance isn’t anything special. There’s no target green or any hazards for realistic practice, but, like I said, it’s serviceable. And while I use the LM to measure carry distance, it’s disappointing to see virtually every club roll out the same distance. PW - 10 yard roll. 7i - 10 yard roll.

I prefer the E6 driving range and short game practice areas. Since that’s included with the MLM2, it’s ok, but I’d rather have a single app to work with. I don’t get the video capture with E6 nor any data capture.

Considering that Awesome Golf offers a $299 lifetime license for a much more robust app, I’d say that Rapsodo has a LONG way to go in order to earn my $200/year subscription. (Yes, I understand that I have to pay the Rapsodo fee to use Awesome Golf.) They need to do 1 of 2 things for me: add club path/face data or seriously improve the experience of the app - similar experience as Awesome Golf. If they can do both, then it becomes the LM to beat, IMO.

My initial free subscription runs out in September. I hope things are much better by then, and Rapsodo has been making progress. I’d be fine paying the subscription fee as long as it’s justified.

3 minutes ago, Ritz122 said:

So I’ve been looking into this device, but do I have to pay $200 a year AND the $300 for awesome golf, if I want to use that?

Yes, assuming you want both. $200/year to Rapsodo. 1 time purchase from Awesome Golf. Rapsodo’s subscription fee is currently out of line with what you get for it, but they lock spin rate behind the fee and you can’t use 3rd party products without paying it either.

Thanks @Triple Lindy and @Simpsonia for your input. 

• Like 1
Taylormade M5 9* w/Prolaunch Blue 45
Taylormade Stealth 3HL 16.5* w/Proforce V2 65 
Taylormade M2 5HL 21* w/Proforce V2 65
Adams Pro Mini Hybrids: 23*, 26* w/VS Proto 95
Srixon Zx65 Combo Irons (Z565 6, Z765 7-9, Z965 PW) w/TT AMT Black
Vokeys: SM7 52-12F, SM7 58-12D, WedgeWorks 60-10V (at 62-12), all w/Pro Modus3 115 Wedge
Odyssey DXF Doublewide

4 hours ago, Ritz122 said:

That sucks. How come it advertises 30,000+ Rapsodo included courses in the membership? Does the subscription include actual courses too? Haven’t seen anyone talk about that part of the membership. 

Those are the sim courses that are included with the subscription. @Simpsonia was referring to them earlier. Rapsodo just added elevation to those courses so that they play more realistically. Prior to the update, the courses were pretty flat.

So if you’re wanting sim play, the MLM2 is very good. You also get 5(?) free E6 Connect courses, which are very good.

When I replied to your original question, I thought you were asking about the fees if you wanted both Awesome Golf and the Rapsodo app. You don’t need Awesome Golf for sim play.

7 hours ago, Triple Lindy said:

Yes, assuming you want both. $200/year to Rapsodo. 1 time purchase from Awesome Golf. Rapsodo’s subscription fee is currently out of line with what you get for it, but they lock spin rate behind the fee and you can’t use 3rd party products without paying it either.

I mean on the $200/yr sub, BLP has a big subscription now, Uneekor Eye Mini has a big subscription now, Skytrak has two sub plans at $130 and $250, Mevo+ doesn't but is 3x more (also $1k upgrade to get the good stuff) and has other issues related to spin/gear effect accuracy indoors.

It's not so much what the app is giving you, it's just a different revenue model. You get vastly discounted hardware with close to perfect accuracy, but requires a modest subscription fee yearly to make up the hardware difference. I've got 6.5 years of Rapsodo subscription before I catch up to the base purchase price of the Mevo+. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Simpsonia said:

It's not so much what the app is giving you, it's just a different revenue model.

Understood, but the revenue model is looking at it through the lens of the manufacturer. Rapsodo’s revenue structure isn’t my concern.

Everyone will need to find their own value equation. It clearly works for you and that’s great. Since Rapsodo has elected to roll with a recurring subscription for their app, the app is a significant element of my value evaluation. And for me, the app doesn’t justify $200/year. Not even close. Yet. I’m hopeful that it will by the time my renewal comes up.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, pingbling23 said:

there is now speed training support.

Good to see that Rapsodo is addressing new functionality. I wasn’t aware of the speed training piece until your post. Unfortunately, based on Rapsodo’s quick video, it seems to require a training system like Speed Stick. Too back it can’t just give you swing speed of a club. Or maybe it can - I’ll have to play with it.

I sure hope that the rumors of face/path metrics being added soon are true.

1 minute ago, Triple Lindy said:

Good to see that Rapsodo is addressing new functionality. I wasn’t aware of the speed training piece until your post. Unfortunately, based on Rapsodo’s quick video, it seems to require a training system like Speed Stick. Too back it can’t just give you swing speed of a club. Or maybe it can - I’ll have to play with it.

I sure hope that the rumors of face/path metrics being added soon are true.

i believe rapsodo will have their own system where you can swing without impact and it will tell you your swing speed.  yes, if they get face/path metrics that will be incredible.  its already an awesome product at the current price point.