New Rapsodo Product/Launch?

darom86

so a update for anyone wondering......E6 product key came 2 days after registration, customer service is pretty good IMO, I have reached out several times and they have got back to me pretty quick which is amazing considering how many emails they have probably received......I am now waiting to hear about the alignment issue i am having.....it is a "wondering" alignment which pretty much stops everything dead from being used, so if we can solve this I will be comfortable keeping otherwise I am kind of frustrated with it as I have never had to deal with this much from the r10 and will return the mlm2 pro....hardest thing for me is i see so much potential with it.

3 hours ago, papachon said:

Will the MLM2PRO ever be compatible with the Titleist RCT ball? MEVO+ is now compatible with it to get spin axis rather than using those sticker dots. Seems like the MLM2PRO uses the same tech as the MEVO+ so shouldn't it work to find spin axis as well? 

No. They work in completely different methods. The MLM2Pro requires the unique markings of the RPT ball and uses its camera to read spin. The Mevo+ is purely radar. 

3 hours ago, papachon said:

Will the MLM2PRO ever be compatible with the Titleist RCT ball? MEVO+ is now compatible with it to get spin axis rather than using those sticker dots. Seems like the MLM2PRO uses the same tech as the MEVO+ so shouldn't it work to find spin axis as well? 

To add on to what Simpsonia said, the Mevo+ doesn’t measure sidespin even with the the RCT, it only measures backspin with it and calculates spin axis based on club path and launch conditions. The MLM2Pro on the other hand actually measure both backspin and spin axis with the camera seeing the ball dots.

• Like 1

is anyone else having issues with this thing?.....i feel like its a alignment/swing camera thing....i have not been able to make it passed 20 mins of use without something happening with the alignment or something crashing/freezing, it is so frustrating IMO i dont even want to use it and has me wondering how much spin axis and 2 cameras are really worth.....i might be returning this tomorrow as it seems quality control isnt there on these things yet and not sure a firmware update can fix a wondering alignment camera....really really want to like and keep this thing but its just so frustrating and it seems others are not having these issues.

On 7/14/2023 at 2:21 PM, papachon said:

On 7/14/2023 at 5:24 PM, Simpsonia said:

No. They work in completely different methods. The MLM2Pro requires the unique markings of the RPT ball and uses its camera to read spin. The Mevo+ is purely radar. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/295664283345?hash=item44d6f6eed1:g:y0YAAOSwWcRkTFzz&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA8OARxtXWvvWmwyX0D2N34rD0D5STZpCgAVa8UkXJnXIti6NIANrmLuHBSq0AE94ts7jyCZxTDzNZyK19SoupQPKSZRue68DPxxjjUeXyhqM9gVeyfMAePa7W4qL7z0M6yj81geMemAOhjnm14xpSAT4gjpsVQ2ErDcx%2F2%2F4UdOfetQXkm7fJmF2Tp%2FwIzuHNNlWtRwUXPWh2NrTsxFhvcPRdgIqTVjwAe9L0JhhHIo8alHk%2BSGY97sZA%2FWJqyc9KIUcdWquXQk%2FTqzivUDJ%2FGdSOxzvPIoMVbxBI0KZpl6obgTWek41v%2B7EbPESdZmrU3g%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR4jNrLyuYg

1 hour ago, dmecca2 said:

Test it out then and prove me wrong. But, my bet is that the MLM2 Pro does not even read the strike, similar to how the R10 didn't read RCT/metal dot balls prior to the software update allowing it. That's because an RCT ball looks far different to radar than a standard ball (cause it's got metal inside of it), and if the software isn't specifically programmed to detect an RCT/metal dot, it will usually ignore it as radar interference. In either case, even if it did work, the MLM2Pro derives spin from the RPT dot patterns, not the metal within the RCT ball. It would accomplish nothing. 

Edited by Simpsonia

34 minutes ago, Simpsonia said:

Test it out then and prove me wrong. But, my bet is that the MLM2 Pro does not even read the strike, similar to how the R10 didn't read RCT/metal dot balls prior to the software update allowing it. That's because an RCT ball looks far different to radar than a standard ball (cause it's got metal inside of it), and if the software isn't specifically programmed to detect an RCT/metal dot, it will usually ignore it as radar interference. In either case, even if it did work, the MLM2Pro derives spin from the RPT dot patterns, not the metal within the RCT ball. It would accomplish nothing. 

Yea it would go against the whole point of rpt balls if rct balls worked with mlm2. Maybe some home hackers could get it too work 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Simpsonia said:

49 minutes ago, Garydean said:

Yea it would go against the whole point of rpt balls if rct balls worked with mlm2. Maybe some home hackers could get it too work 🤷‍♂️

What I sent is a link to a 3d printed template that allows you to mark a ball exactly like their special balls. It works.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Hit-em said:

Now that some of you have had the Rapsodo for awhile what are your thoughts on it ?

Has it met your expectations ?

Do you think it's been worth the money ?

How do you think it rates vs other launch monitors ?

I love it, had some hiccups but overall really solid and accurate. Yes worth the money look at comparisons how close it is to something that costs 4x the price. Wish it had swing speed training or face path but who know maybe future up dates. Really helped dial my numbers in.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2023 at 7:54 PM, Hit-em said:

Now that some of you have had the Rapsodo for awhile what are your thoughts on it ?

Has it met your expectations ?

Do you think it's been worth the money ?

How do you think it rates vs other launch monitors ?

after 1st few times using it I was no joke put it back in the box and was going to take it the next day (twice this happened) and go back to the r10.....I am VERY VERY VERY happy I "slept on it" and gave it a few more tries....for whatever reason it seemed to get better and better after a few uses and it is working great now, and i know its only to get better and better and more improved.....this thing really is a lot better then the r10 and  for price/cost to use is well worth it, with the r10 there was always a little part of me that wasnt sure about what i was seeing and felt it was hard to use it for game improvement, this is where the mlm2pro shines and really is accurate with ball flight.... i was very much one of the ones that thought "how important is spin axis really", and i can now say it is very important and worth it if you want to use a LM to improve your game and work on your swing....also there are some awesome features like impact vision, and "session reviews" that really make this a unbelievable unit and i would strongly recommend....if i could justify a GC quad then yes i would rather have that but for cost of the mlm2 pro and what you are getting it is a steal.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2023 at 1:18 AM, GriperRiper said:

after 1st few times using it I was no joke put it back in the box and was going to take it the next day (twice this happened) and go back to the r10.....I am VERY VERY VERY happy I "slept on it" and gave it a few more tries....for whatever reason it seemed to get better and better after a few uses and it is working great now, and i know its only to get better and better and more improved.....this thing really is a lot better then the r10 and  for price/cost to use is well worth it, with the r10 there was always a little part of me that wasnt sure about what i was seeing and felt it was hard to use it for game improvement, this is where the mlm2pro shines and really is accurate with ball flight.... i was very much one of the ones that thought "how important is spin axis really", and i can now say it is very important and worth it if you want to use a LM to improve your game and work on your swing....also there are some awesome features like impact vision, and "session reviews" that really make this a unbelievable unit and i would strongly recommend....if i could justify a GC quad then yes i would rather have that but for cost of the mlm2 pro and what you are getting it is a steal.

Have been mulling over buying either the MLM2 or R10 and having a lot of trouble deciding. It's definitely encouraging to see a review like this, given your early struggles with the unit

1 hour ago, BHA17 said:

Have been mulling over buying either the MLM2 or R10 and having a lot of trouble deciding. It's definitely encouraging to see a review like this, given your early struggles with the unit

I mean if you even remotely care about accuracy of your spin axis (shot shape) then the MLM2 is the no brainer. It definitely still has some software issues that they are still working on, and development is a bit slow, but for pure ball metrics, it's as accurate as a GCQuad. The R10 on the other hand is just not accurate at all for spin axis. 

I'm pretty happy with it so far. Some really smart people on the GSPro Discord has gotten a connector working with MLM2 to GSPro and have even integrated the webcamera based putting solution from the R10 to the MLM2Pro connector. 

• Like 3

Does anyone know if the premium subscription can be used interchangeably on both ios and Android?  I have an iPad that I'd like to usually use, but unless I plan ahead, I wouldn't have it with me when I go to the range. My android phone, on the other hand, I always have with me. I'm just not sure if getting the premium subscription on one platform would allow it to be used on the other also. I tried to l live chat with rapsodo, but there is no agent available. Thanks!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, elsie451 said:

Does anyone know if the premium subscription can be used interchangeably on both ios and Android?  I have an iPad that I'd like to usually use, but unless I plan ahead, I wouldn't have it with me when I go to the range. My android phone, on the other hand, I always have with me. I'm just not sure if getting the premium subscription on one platform would allow it to be used on the other also. I tried to l live chat with rapsodo, but there is no agent available. Thanks!

I didn’t realize that I have this same issue until I read your post. I have an Android phone and an iPad and would like to be able to use either one. I just ordered my MLM2 yesterday and will update once I’ve tested. I’m assuming that the subscription is tied to the MLM2 and not the display device, but I’ll soon find out.

On 8/21/2023 at 2:28 PM, elsie451 said:

Yes, I use ipad air 5 and samsung s20 both work great. You need ipad for e6 though 

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2023 at 2:41 PM, Garydean said:

Yes, I use ipad air 5 and samsung s20 both work great. You need ipad for e6 though 

Just got my MLM2 today and also confirmed that it works with both my iPad and S20. I only hit 4-5 shots. I used regular balls and distance and shot shape were fine. It’s 107° and my mat is currently in direct sunlight. Too damn hot! I’ll break out the RPT balls once I can spend some real time with the unit.

• Like 1

Ive tested my MLM2pro this weekend, but i find that the camera is extremely grainy and dark?! when I look at screencaps from other mlm2 pro devices on youtube, theu look so much better, has anyone else this porblem, Im on firmware 3.0 and app 2.2.5 Android.
Ive tried outdoors in the sun, then you cant see anything, the shootvision camera is ok, but not the swing camera. Its very hard to align when you cant baery see, is there a cover that I havent pealed of 🙂 )
The provided picture is a scrrenshoot from my android phone. Pixel 7 Pro, on this picture I also have a BIG LED lamp next to the MLM2 pro pointet at med so the lighting should be good, Ive also tried without the lamp, the picture is still grainy but much darker

Thanks

1000009784.png

¨www.sandflogolfco.com

3 hours ago, floo said:

Ive tested my MLM2pro this weekend, but i find that the camera is extremely grainy and dark?! when I look at screencaps from other mlm2 pro devices on youtube, theu look so much better, has anyone else this porblem, Im on firmware 3.0 and app 2.2.5 Android.
Ive tried outdoors in the sun, then you cant see anything, the shootvision camera is ok, but not the swing camera. Its very hard to align when you cant baery see, is there a cover that I havent pealed of 🙂 )
The provided picture is a scrrenshoot from my android phone. Pixel 7 Pro, on this picture I also have a BIG LED lamp next to the MLM2 pro pointet at med so the lighting should be good, Ive also tried without the lamp, the picture is still grainy but much darker

Thanks

1000009784.png

I am only tbink it has something to do with your lighting.   Have to been ablkr to get any sharp pixturws outside.  I know you said the sun was bright that shouldn’t matter. 

I don’t have any from inside as I have used it 100% outdoors at this point. But this is typical of a outdoor quality on a sunny day. 

IMG_9567.png

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

Question for people who own this, I want to set up a garage sim, me and my girlfriend would both use, problem is we have opposite handedness and with the width available that would mean needing two different hitting spots, does anyone have experience with how much of a hassle it would be to change the sim spot over and over if we were both playing a sim round for example? Is this at all realistic or would I need a different/more expensive device?

2 hours ago, Newguy123 said:

Question for people who own this, I want to set up a garage sim, me and my girlfriend would both use, problem is we have opposite handedness and with the width available that would mean needing two different hitting spots, does anyone have experience with how much of a hassle it would be to change the sim spot over and over if we were both playing a sim round for example? Is this at all realistic or would I need a different/more expensive device?

Alignment of the MLM2 is pretty easy compared to most other LMs. You just check the alignment camera in the app and adjust the unit until the center line is good with the yellow box on your hitting spot. That said, it will probably take 20-30 seconds each time you need to move and re-align. That would probably be too big of a big hassle for me. If you're using GSPro, you could just have one person play through the entire hole then switch to the other player to play through the hole so you only have to move the unit once per hole. Not sure if you can do that with E6 or any of the others. 

Edited by Simpsonia
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 3:28 PM, Simpsonia said:

Alignment of the MLM2 is pretty easy compared to most other LMs. You just check the alignment camera in the app and adjust the unit until the center line is good with the yellow box on your hitting spot. That said, it will probably take 20-30 seconds each time you need to move and re-align. That would probably be too big of a big hassle for me. If you're using GSPro, you could just have one person play through the entire hole then switch to the other player to play through the hole so you only have to move the unit once per hole. Not sure if you can do that with E6 or any of the others. 

Thank you for this, any chance that if I mark out two spots in advance if I could cut down the alignment time? Or are those quoted times already including optimizing those type of details?

On 8/28/2023 at 12:10 PM, Newguy123 said:

I’ve only had mine for a week and it’s been so hot, I haven’t used it as much as I’d like, but even hitting solo, I’m finding I need to move the unit when switching to driver or 3w. My mat is only 3x5 and if I position the ball for iron shots in the same place I do for driver (or vice versa), at least one of my feet is off the mat. It’s kind of a pain, but as @Simpsonia said, alignment is pretty easy. I just wish the ball position area was slightly larger. A small yellow box shows where the ball can be and I find it a little too small. I don’t know if that’s a camera issue or due to the narrowness of the radar housing. I’ve tested the R10 and SC300i and those units could pick up balls from a slightly wider range. 

Obviously, a larger mat should solve the problem, but one expense at a time. I also need a larger net, probably the SPG-8, because at 8’+ from ball to net, I really can’t hit anything under an 8i. 

Anyone tried an MLM2 in a golf dome / bubble? Does it work?

Epic Max LS - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10

Epic Max 7W  - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10
4- P  T100S LA Golf A Series - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall
Raw Vokey SM9 50F, 54D, 58M S400 - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall

Vokey 64 Jimmy Walker S400 - BB and F Ferrule

Cameron Futura X11.5 - BGT Shaft - Super Stroke Flatso 1.0

I am probably going to purchase the MLM2Pro tomorrow. But I have two questions: 1. One of the youtube reviewers said something about it not working with a fan/AC or heater going. Has anyone experienced this? and 2. My biggest problem is my slice with my driver. If solving that problem is my priority, am I correct that this unit's ability to accurately read spin axis is important? I assume so. Thanks

Does anybody know if the Combine feature is measured in carry or total yards? I’m assuming total, but it’s not clear. I can’t find any documentation that specifies. All reviews just talk about hitting to targets.

Got my Spornia SPG-8 XL net and it’s a game changer for any radar-based PLM! I can hit full 60° wedges now without worry.

On 9/9/2023 at 5:38 PM, Newbie15 said:

I am probably going to purchase the MLM2Pro tomorrow. But I have two questions: 1. One of the youtube reviewers said something about it not working with a fan/AC or heater going. Has anyone experienced this? and 2. My biggest problem is my slice with my driver. If solving that problem is my priority, am I correct that this unit's ability to accurately read spin axis is important? I assume so. Thanks

I have a large standing fan on my deck near my device and haven’t had any troubles with it. It’s probably about 15’ from the MLM2. Yes, accurate spin rates/axis are important and the MLM2 Pro uses a specially marked ball so that the camera can actually measure them instead of making calculations like the Garmin R10. Most reviews show the MLM2 Pro as the most accurate sub-$1k device available.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Triple Lindy said:

Does anybody know if the Combine feature is measured in carry or total yards? I’m assuming total, but it’s not clear. I can’t find any documentation that specifies. All reviews just talk about hitting to targets.

Got my Spornia SPG-8 XL net and it’s a game changer for any radar-based PLM! I can hit full 60° wedges now without worry.

I’ve done it a few times and it’s been carry for the two targets you set then total distance for driver.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone else using this with E3 Connect? I’ll be in the middle of a session and all of a sudden, I can’t get shots to register. I’ll back out to the main E3 menu and start over, but after several shots, the same issue crops up. Never happens in the MLM app, but it kinda sucks.

I don’t really care about sim courses, but the E3 range is much better than the MLM range. And E3 has some good chipping practice scenarios that are fun.