New Rapsodo Product/Launch?

darom86

On 4/23/2023 at 2:20 PM, Simpsonia said:

I'm pretty happy with my mat setup these days, though it took some iterations. I originally started with the DIY TrueStrike, but kept eating up the turf topper over the gel pad way too much. Now it's just a SynLawn turf remnant I got cheap glued to a 1" thick interlocking foam gym mat. For the hitting surface I just use the $60 Fiberbuilt FlightDeck oval, and created a half-moon cutout so it nestles nicely into the stance mat. Since I park there otherwise, it's all light enough to pack up easily. I can't go back to anything non-Fiberbuilt with how easily it is on the wrists/elbows now. 

Pics you can share?  Would love to see the finished product.

• 2 weeks later...

After the most recent firmware update, it’s the first time I’ve been able to do a full combine with no disconnects which is a great upgrade. 

Distance on shorter irons feels pretty accurate. I’m still struggling with driver - with ~100mph club speed and ~145mph ball speed getting 210 carry and 230 all-in. I know other factors come into play, but anyone else think those numbers feel off or seem correct?

47 minutes ago, athill1 said:

After the most recent firmware update, it’s the first time I’ve been able to do a full combine with no disconnects which is a great upgrade. 

Distance on shorter irons feels pretty accurate. I’m still struggling with driver - with ~100mph club speed and ~145mph ball speed getting 210 carry and 230 all-in. I know other factors come into play, but anyone else think those numbers feel off or seem correct?

I went to the range yesterday after the most recent firmware and app updates.  I set it to range balls and my actual elevation (about 820').  My speeds seems in the ballpark of yours, but frankly I thought it was giving me an extra 8-10 yards relative to the flag I scoped with my range finder. 

20230520_235041000_iOS.jpg

On 5/20/2023 at 7:04 PM, athill1 said:

Numbers are pretty close for me, driver not 5w

Screenshot_20230521_192615_MLM2Pro.jpg

Edited by Garydean

20 hours ago, larciel said:

My amazon order placed a month ago had been canceled due to lack of availability. 

Fark

Restock coming, check their email list

Epic Max LS - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10

Epic Max 7W  - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10
4- P  T100S LA Golf A Series - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall
Raw Vokey SM9 50F, 54D, 58M S400 - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall

Vokey 64 Jimmy Walker S400 - BB and F Ferrule

Cameron Futura X11.5 - BGT Shaft - Super Stroke Flatso 1.0

I was lucky and got one this morning! Looking forward to trying this out. Are there other groups for tips and tricks to get the most out of this thing?

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 · Fuji Ventus Black 6X
Titleist TSR3 16.5 · Fuji Ventus TR Blue 8X
TaylorMade Stealth 7W · Fuji Ventus Blue 8X

Titleist TSR3 5H · HZRDUS Gen 4 90 6.5
Ping i210 5-PW · TT AMT Tour White X100
Titleist SM9 Raw 50.12F/54.10S/58V · TT AMT Tour White S400
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W w/ Slighter installed Flow Neck

21 hours ago, Cunniandy said:

I was lucky and got one this morning! Looking forward to trying this out. Are there other groups for tips and tricks to get the most out of this thing?

I have no issues after the last update. I am now able to connect via Wifi or direct connect. Previously, I could only connect via direct connect.

I would update everything when you unbox, have some patience, and see if it works?

Epic Max LS - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10

Epic Max 7W  - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10
4- P  T100S LA Golf A Series - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall
Raw Vokey SM9 50F, 54D, 58M S400 - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall

Vokey 64 Jimmy Walker S400 - BB and F Ferrule

Cameron Futura X11.5 - BGT Shaft - Super Stroke Flatso 1.0

Does anyone have problems using the MLM2PRO with a Samsung Galaxy phone? I have a S21 Ultra, and the app does not even see the unit to try and connect. However under the phone's Bluetooth settings, the phone itself can detect the MLM2PRO.  I also have an ipad and was able to connect with that without a problem.  I'd really prefer to use my phone at the range since I know I will always have my phone on me.

Edit: So I figured it out.  The app fails to find the MLM2PRO if given approximate location permission. For some reason, it requires precise location permission.

Edited by elsie451

So can someone who has this, tell me if, on the range, with range balls, it measures spin rate or not(I know it won't do axis)? I saw another thread where someone said in range mode with premium balls it did at least measure spin rate.

Ping G425 Max 9* Driver, 3W, 5W - Aldila Rogue White 130 shafts

Ping G425 3 Crossover Iron - Aldila Rogue Black 95TS shaft

Ping G425 4-PW, UW Green Dot, Power Spec, AWT 2.0 S shafts

Vokey 56 degree 14F Sand Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Labs Tuttle Mallet putter

FYI, anyone looking for one of these, Dick's has guaranteed shipping on them, if ordered today(they have had it since Saturday) and the Rapsodo site shows them as in stock, so I'm assuming the shortages are a thing of the past.

**EDIT**

Maybe not... Rapsodo's site is back to out of stock today, but Dick's still shows as in stock.

Edited by Chuck_IV
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2023 at 6:56 PM, Chuck_IV said:

So can someone who has this, tell me if, on the range, with range balls, it measures spin rate or not(I know it won't do axis)? I saw another thread where someone said in range mode with premium balls it did at least measure spin rate.

if its like other radar units it calculates spin rate on range by looking at actual ballflight.

On 6/10/2023 at 6:56 PM, Chuck_IV said:

It will not give you spin #'s without both the RPT balls and a subscription.

12 hours ago, rlb4 said:

It will not give you spin #'s without both the RPT balls and a subscription.

Hmm, I did see someone post that if the range used premium balls, it did show him spin rate(but not spin axis). Then again, the ranges I go to don't use premium golf balls 🙂 On the range, spin isn't that important anyway.

I did just receive mine today from Dick's. Pretty good turn around. Ordered Saturday, got it today.

One thing I am not thrilled with is the grooves on the stand, for phones and tablets. With any type of case, I can't wedge the thing in the groove. My phone will just fit but stand straight up and down. I can lean it back if I place it on the edge of the groove only, but seems a little dicey.

I will probably hit the range tomorrow, so we will see how it goes.

On 6/12/2023 at 8:07 AM, Chuck_IV said:

FYI, anyone looking for one of these, Dick's has guaranteed shipping on them, if ordered today(they have had it since Saturday) and the Rapsodo site shows them as in stock, so I'm assuming the shortages are a thing of the past.

**EDIT**

Maybe not... Rapsodo's site is back to out of stock today, but Dick's still shows as in stock.

they're in stock at the PGA tour superstore. That's where I got one: https://www.pgatoursuperstore.com/mlm2pro-launch-monitor/1152917.html

Paradym TD 9.0

Paradym 3W

Apex UW 19*

Cobra CB 4-PW

TM MG3 54* 59*

Scotty Super Select Squareback 2

Took mine to the range today and my observations...

1. Easy to line up with the visible line and little hitting area box. Easier then my prior G10

2. Readings seemed accurate(for range balls).

3. Out of 86 shots, it only missed 2, which was because they were two shots I topped off the tee. I didn't want to see those anyway haha.

4. BUG! When I used the visual iron recognition to change clubs(show the bottom of the iron to the camera), it showed me that it recognized the new iron and changed it on the screen at the time of the shot. However, when I got home, all those auto changed iron shots showed as a 3i, which was an iron that I manually switched to first. I started with 3i, which was manually switched to from my driver. I then let the camera change to the 5i, 7i, 8i and pw, which it did on the screen when i was at the range. But the 5i, 7i, 8i and pw shots all showed as a 3i in the list, when I got home. Need to contact Rapsodo about this.

5. BUG! On my iPad, I CANNOT export any shot video. It just starts an oddly placed spinning wheel mid upper left of the screen. I CAN export from my iphone(after the session synced with my iphone) Something else I need to let Rapsodo know about.

Overall, I was very happy with the results. I LOVED the ability to use my iPad as a second camera and have two different angles of the swing. I also really like the close up impact camera as it tipped me to me routinely hitting it slightly towards the heel. I do wish it had sound when only using the MLM2PRO camera though.

Anyone know if it is possible to export the side by side view video of you swing from the MLM2PRO camera and you phone/ipad?

**EDIT**

Also wanted to mention that I had no connection issues. After the initial connection, it stayed connected throughout the session. This was with an M1 iPad Pro

**EDIT 2**

So today, the video export function(#5) IS WORKING on the iPad app. Maybe it didn't work yesterday because it was syncing with my iphone?

Edited by Chuck_IV
  • Thanks 1

On 6/15/2023 at 10:49 PM, Chuck_IV said:

Took mine to the range today and my observations...

1. Easy to line up with the visible line and little hitting area box. Easier then my prior G10

2. Readings seemed accurate(for range balls).

3. Out of 86 shots, it only missed 2, which was because they were two shots I topped off the tee. I didn't want to see those anyway haha.

4. BUG! When I used the visual iron recognition to change clubs(show the bottom of the iron to the camera), it showed me that it recognized the new iron and changed it on the screen at the time of the shot. However, when I got home, all those auto changed iron shots showed as a 3i, which was an iron that I manually switched to first. I started with 3i, which was manually switched to from my driver. I then let the camera change to the 5i, 7i, 8i and pw, which it did on the screen when i was at the range. But the 5i, 7i, 8i and pw shots all showed as a 3i in the list, when I got home. Need to contact Rapsodo about this.

5. BUG! On my iPad, I CANNOT export any shot video. It just starts an oddly placed spinning wheel mid upper left of the screen. I CAN export from my iphone(after the session synced with my iphone) Something else I need to let Rapsodo know about.

Overall, I was very happy with the results. I LOVED the ability to use my iPad as a second camera and have two different angles of the swing. I also really like the close up impact camera as it tipped me to me routinely hitting it slightly towards the heel. I do wish it had sound when only using the MLM2PRO camera though.

Anyone know if it is possible to export the side by side view video of you swing from the MLM2PRO camera and you phone/ipad?

**EDIT**

Also wanted to mention that I had no connection issues. After the initial connection, it stayed connected throughout the session. This was with an M1 iPad Pro

**EDIT 2**

So today, the video export function(#5) IS WORKING on the iPad app. Maybe it didn't work yesterday because it was syncing with my iphone?

Thanks for sharing. I have a similar setup with iPad pro/iPhone so it’s great to hear this is working well. I haven’t even unboxed the mlm yet tho since I’m out for a while after foot surgery. I wanna get this all dialed in so I can start easing back in on my ‘home range’ once the Doc gives me the go ahead!

Titleist TSR3 · Fuji Ventus Black 6X
Titleist TSR3 16.5 · Fuji Ventus TR Blue 8X
TaylorMade Stealth 7W · Fuji Ventus Blue 8X

Titleist TSR3 5H · HZRDUS Gen 4 90 6.5
Ping i210 5-PW · TT AMT Tour White X100
Titleist SM9 Raw 50.12F/54.10S/58V · TT AMT Tour White S400
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W w/ Slighter installed Flow Neck

• 3 weeks later...

anyone else's unit seem to run hot?.....i only used it for about 30 mins and the metal part of the tripod was pretty hot, as well as the unit itself.....also had a weird "issue" with the alignment, when it was showing the alignment camera the "alignment" was showing about 2 feet left, turned it off and it was good but it was really weird for the first time using it........also need to dive into using it more but couldnt find how to see impact cam and it feels a lot more in depth to use over a r10 which 100% a me thing and i need to just get use to using a new product, but i am still waiting on e6 key and will give this 30 days to win me over before i go back to r10 or something else....i REALLY want to like this as i think it is the best in its class, but right now it's a lot of potential and the $200 to use it a year plus rpt's is a draw back that needs to be out weight by its performance IMO.

5 hours ago, GriperRiper said:

anyone else's unit seem to run hot?.....i only used it for about 30 mins and the metal part of the tripod was pretty hot, as well as the unit itself.....also had a weird "issue" with the alignment, when it was showing the alignment camera the "alignment" was showing about 2 feet left, turned it off and it was good but it was really weird for the first time using it........also need to dive into using it more but couldnt find how to see impact cam and it feels a lot more in depth to use over a r10 which 100% a me thing and i need to just get use to using a new product, but i am still waiting on e6 key and will give this 30 days to win me over before i go back to r10 or something else....i REALLY want to like this as i think it is the best in its class, but right now it's a lot of potential and the $200 to use it a year plus rpt's is a draw back that needs to be out weight by its performance IMO.

It has It's quirks but overall happy with it, they keep releasing updates and features. Check your spam folder sometimes rapsodo emails get sent there

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Garydean said:

It has It's quirks but overall happy with it, they keep releasing updates and features. Check your spam folder sometimes rapsodo emails get sent there

thanks i will keep a eye on that as well, how long did it take you to get it BTW?......i am really hoping i can get use to using it and want to stay objective as possible with it, i think the early signs are a bit rough but i think the r10 was just as bad if not worse, and i think the mlm2 is the better unit as far as potential but when electronics get really hot to quick i am very hesitant to trust it as a lot can happen/go wrong when they get hot and i just wonder how hot it is on the inside......quarks are ok IMO because they ALL have those (the r10s alignment/leveling is one) that people just learned to navigate/deal with......glad i have others here that i can pick there brains.

12 hours ago, GriperRiper said:

thanks i will keep a eye on that as well, how long did it take you to get it BTW?......i am really hoping i can get use to using it and want to stay objective as possible with it, i think the early signs are a bit rough but i think the r10 was just as bad if not worse, and i think the mlm2 is the better unit as far as potential but when electronics get really hot to quick i am very hesitant to trust it as a lot can happen/go wrong when they get hot and i just wonder how hot it is on the inside......quarks are ok IMO because they ALL have those (the r10s alignment/leveling is one) that people just learned to navigate/deal with......glad i have others here that i can pick there brains.

I got the e6 right when after they announced it maybe a couple days but I already had my mlm2 registered for over a month before that

On 7/10/2023 at 2:40 AM, GriperRiper said:

I had to email support to get my key for E6. At the time, their emails weren't auto sending.

• Like 1